Conference Championship Discussion...

Would love to see a niners vs Patriots final...

Patriots cause it shuts up alot of the critics saying NE was lucky or fortunate this year especially with the losses of Gronk and Hernandez, a bunch of '"no names" playing with a chip on their shoulder...

one of the thing that concerns me about CK is how long it takes for him to read the defense, and by the time he realizes it and audibles, well too late.. he used 2 time outs yesterday in the second half because he took so long reading the play and adjusting...there's times where he does too much at the line and with the crowd noise in Seattle, it MIGHT spell trouble

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...ns-generated-earthquake-marshawn-lynch-td-run

49ers won in ATLANTA last season.. so throw that out.

Lately 1 of the Super Bowl participants has gone on the road and won at least 2 playoff games before reaching the Bowl.....Ravens, Giants, Pack.....9ers that team this year?

John Fox 6-2 ATS playoff dog.

John Fox 1-3 ATS playoff favorite. Last time his team covered as the favorite in the playoffs was with the Panthers in 2003-2004.

Kind of ironic that a month ago Seattle was an impossible place to go win and now it seems that no one thinks they'll win. Still the best team in football to me regardless of where they play, but SF is #2.

Harbaugh's 49ers average 11.7 ppg when they go to Seattle. He covered the spread in his first game against them, -5.5 at home, when they won 33-17 back in 2011. He is 0-4-1 ATS against the Seahawks and 33-13-3 (.717) ATS versus all other teams since then.

"omaha is a run play but it could be a pass play or a play action play." -pm

"omaha is a run play but it could be a pass play or a play action play." -pm

At this point, Omaha is nothing more than what PM uses to snap the ball...next word after Omaha snaps the ball. At least, that's what it was last week, but when he went with Omaha..set...and the ball wasn't snapped SD's defense jumped. They had 5 encroachment penalties, 4 of them due to his fake Omaha call. It's really nothing more than just a gimmick at this point, and why not if it works I guess.

They broke down the Omaha and SD's encroachment on NFL Turning Point on NBCSN. I'm not sure Peyton has used Omaha to actually audible and call a play in quite some time now. The quote you provided is perfect though, I can picture PM dead panning the line in an interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
49ers won in ATLANTA last season.. so throw that out.

Atlanta's crowd is on par with a church most times though. They did win in Atlanta, but that doesn't really prove anything as far as crowd noise and the points that gsro made about CK. They also won the game because Matt Ryan couldn't finish, and there was no PI call on the last drive....but that's neither here nor there, as SF did win the game.

Bill Belichick 5-5 SU and 8-2 ATS as the underdog versus Peyton Manning (avg line 5.5). Bill Belichick 6-1 SU and 3-4 ATS as the favorite versus Peyton Manning (avg line -3.9).

I still can't get that image of Kapernick throwing what should have been an interception, which that idiot rookie from GB dropped on the final drive. SF should should not be here right now. I still do not believe in Kap. But maybe that dropped int is just part of the story for this "team of destiny," much like the miracle reception by Baltimore last year in Denver and Tyree's catch for New York. We see these destined teams pulls out miracle plays to get to and win the Superbowl.

Very tough to get back to the Superbowl after playing in it the previous year, though. Very rare to do.

fwiw.

As has been customary for the Patriots in the past when traveling west for a game that will be played two time zones behind East Coast time, the team will fly to Denver later today, coach Bill Belichick confirmed Friday morning.

Very tough to get back to the Superbowl after playing in it the previous year, though. Very rare to do.

It may be tough to do, but it's certainly not rare. It's happened 16 times in the 47 Super Bowls (34%). I was shocked to see that many instances, as it's pretty much once every 3 years a team goes to back to back SBs. It hasn't happened in 8 years though, so it may very well be getting (or have gotten) much, much tougher with free agency in its current state, and how much easier it was to have a *dynasty* back in the day. Seems it's even "due" for a team to go back to back since it's happened at a 34% clip and it hasn't happened in almost a decade.

Two teams have made 3 or more (MIA, BUF), with Buffalo going to 4 in a row. There was also one instance of a back to back matchup with Dallas and Buffalo.

It may be tough to do, but it's certainly not rare. It's happened 16 times in the 47 Super Bowls (34%). I was shocked to see that many instances, as it's pretty much once every 3 years a team goes to back to back SBs. It hasn't happened in 8 years though, so it may very well be getting (or have gotten) much, much tougher with free agency in its current state, and how much easier it was to have a *dynasty* back in the day. Seems it's even "due" for a team to go back to back since it's happened at a 34% clip and it hasn't happened in almost a decade.

Two teams have made 3 or more (MIA, BUF), with Buffalo going to 4 in a row. There was also one instance of a back to back matchup with Dallas and Buffalo.

This is a perfect example of lore being completely wrong. The. #s suggest it happens all the time, lol.

This is a perfect example of lore being completely wrong. The. #s suggest it happens all the time, lol.

To be fair though, it hasn't happened in 8 seasons, and the league may actually now be in a place where it won't happen nearly as much as had before the league got its way (on how they want to run their league). They were/are looking for parity/competitive balance-- so much so that it's very tough to build a dynasty, and every fan's team has a legitimate shot to not only make the playoffs, but win the SB year in and year out --and they may have come very close to realizing their "utopia" as a league.

At this point, Omaha is nothing more than what PM uses to snap the ball...next word after Omaha snaps the ball. At least, that's what it was last week, but when he went with Omaha..set...and the ball wasn't snapped SD's defense jumped. They had 5 encroachment penalties, 4 of them due to his fake Omaha call. It's really nothing more than just a gimmick at this point, and why not if it works I guess.

They broke down the Omaha and SD's encroachment on NFL Turning Point on NBCSN. I'm not sure Peyton has used Omaha to actually audible and call a play in quite some time now. The quote you provided is perfect though, I can picture PM dead panning the line in an interview.

:thinking:

:thinking:

What didn't you understand, did I word it poorly? He will say "Omaha......set (ball in snapped on this)." He kept doing it that way, and then threw in a few "Omaha....set (no snap, SD offsides)." It worked 4 times.

I'm sure back in the day, maybe even earlier this year, he was using Omaha as an audible of some sort. He probably then yelled out a bunch of other stuff while at the line. Now, or at least on Sunday vs SD, he was simply using it as a way to get the ball snapped to him, instead of "set...hut (snap)" it was "omaha....set (snap)."

Basically, at this point, "omaha" is simply a novelty that has finally permeated the not so astute football fans. There are business donating money for each "omaha" that Peyton tosses out there. It's pretty clear that they can't be using it for anything really strategic, but Peyton is making like Pavlov with some dogs and getting dudes to jump offsides.

I have looked at some numbers to try and help determine whether there is value on totals in 1st Qtr, 1H and Game. Not sure if it helps but thought I would share and see if it helps you or it means nothing in your opinion.

These are AVG SCORES (rounding) per Qtr, Half & Game for Pats Away, Broncos Home, SF Away, Seattle Home.

AFC GAME

PATS ROAD:

1st Qtr: 6 [high of 14 vs Jets & Ravens; low of 0 vs Falcons, Bengals & Panthers]
2nd Qtr: 5 [high of 10 vs Falcons; low of 0 vs Texans]
Pats 1 HALF: 11
Opponents 1 Half: 9

3rd Qtr: 3.37
4th Qtr: 10.75
Pats Game: 25

GAME TOTAL: 46.75 [ 2 games OVER 56, Jets in OT week 7 & Texans week 13]

DENVER HOME:

1st Qtr: 9 [high of 14 vs Eagles & Jags, low of 0 vs Ravens]
2nd Qtr: 7 [high of 17 vs Raiders; low of 0 vs Jags, Skins & Chargers in reg season]
Denver 1 Half: 16
Opponents 1 H: 11.5

3rd Qtr: 10
4th Qtr: 11.8
Denver Game: 37.7

GAME TOTAL: 57

NFC GAME

NINERS AWAY:

1st Qtr: 6 [ high 17 vs Cards; low 0 vs Seattle, Rams & Saints]
2nd Qtr: 8 [ high 14 vs Rams, Titans & Jags; low 0 Seattle & Cards]
Niners 1H: 14
Opponents 1H: 6.5

3rd Qtr: 5.5
4th Qtr: 6.6
Niners Game: 26

GAME TOTAL: 42 [ 3 games Under 39, Seattle week 2, Skins week 12 & Panthers last week]

SEATTLE HOME:

1st Qtr: 5.2 [ high of 17 vs Saints week 13; low of 0 vs Titans, Bucs & Cards]
2nd Qtr: 8.8 [ high of 17 vs Jags; low of 3 vs Cards ]
SHawks 1H: 14
Opponents 1H: 7

3rd Qtr: 5
4th Qtr: 9
SHawks Game: 28

GAME TOTAL: 42.3

Like I said, not sure it helps. I was trying to see if it helped me and maybe wiped away any bias I might have. Actually, I think it might have helped me think about what i will not take in regard to totals but wondered if there are any comments?

I like Over 6.5 TDs. That's my pregame bet. Don't see a lot of FGs in this game.

If they scored 6 TDs, it would need 6 FGs to go Over 57.0, 5 to Push. Wayy too many FGs for this game, not happening. 7 TDs can coincide with an Under or Over result, but IMO 6 TDs cannot coincide with an Over result (too many FGs needed). I personally have no belief Under will be wrapped up before the arrival of the final minute, from my pov there'll be at least 6 TDs in this game come it's final stanza (be it 3 each or 4-2 to one team).

So in short: O6.5 TDs is a superior bet to an Over bet from my pov.

trying to pick a wr for tomorrows games for fantasy playoffs and wondered....

will this be the first championship game where 5 of the top 6 wrs in the game are caucasian? decker, welker, edelman, amendola, collie

#whiteboywrs

Belichick is 9-8 SU and 13-4 ATS when he gets more than 4 on the road. He is 11-10 SU and 17-4 ATS getting more than 4 overall.

Last edited:
Interesting coincidence...Peyton the only QB this weekend that was NOT drafted by a baseball team.

AFC Championship: Who will WIN this matchup?
Warm
New England Patriots
(12-4)
21.4%@ Denver Broncos
(13-3)
78.6%
Preview

trying to pick a wr for tomorrows games for fantasy playoffs and wondered....

will this be the first championship game where 5 of the top 6 wrs in the game are caucasian? decker, welker, edelman, amendola, collie

#whiteboywrs

I stayed away from Crabtree and Boldin b/c you dont know who Sherman will be locking down. My lineup at Draft Day:

Manning
Vereen
Ball
Edelman
Decker
Julius
K Hunter...flex
Dawson
49ers D

Back