CollegeFootball GameWk 1

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
I am thankful to be back posting college football at the home of the best cappers on the net.The way I have felt lately I hope I get to see another full season.
Thanks to CTG for providing a forum where one can speak his mind and not have a bunch of immature snotty nose kids jump all over you.The capping talent and knowledge on this board is beyond reproach and second to none.
Due to some health issues, a slow internet and a very old pos computer u may not see the lengthy writeups as in the past. I will do my best to answer any questions ask but cant promise much
For those that dont know me, I do things a bit differently. I try to play games to key #s and if I have to buy points to get my number, so be it. I list the odds at which I played the game to give u an idea of what I bought. For those that have books that will not sell pts I probably want be of much help. I will try and post a # that is readily available to all at the time of posting and if not I will try and post a number that I think is a winner. If the juice is to hi buying the pts I think I will need to win, I will put the team in a parlay(teaser) with points bought and get the juice down to a reasonable # so expect quite a few parlays in pairs and treys. I also play lots of ML parlays, some will be listed, some want as I know folks dont like negative payouts. If I have to buy back a total because of circumstances I will post.
Remember that College Football Capping is an act of love for me. Please be gentle :)
Wish everyone a Great season.
Best of Luck to All

Thursday 8/28
134 South Carolina* -9 -140 vs Texas A&M x10
133 Texas A&M/South Carolina* Over 57 -110 x1
136 UL Monroe* +3 -130 vs Wake Forest x half
135 Wake Forest/UL Monroe* Under 47 -130 x half
138 Tulsa* -5 -110 vs Tulane x5
137 Tulane/Tulsa* Under 47 -110 x half
139 Mississippi* -9 -130 vs Boise State x10
139 Mississippi/Boise State* Under 56 -110 x2
141 Temple* +15 -110 vs Vanderbilt x1
141 Temple/Vanderbilt* Under 52 -110 x1 added 2 for total of 3U
144 Washington State* -7 -140 vs Rutgers x1
143 Rutgers/Washington State* Over 61-110 x1

Friday 8/29
145 BYU* -16½ -110 vs Connecticut x2
147 Bowling Green* -7 -115 vs Western Kentucky x1
149 Colorado State* +130 vs Colorado x1
149 Colorado State/Colorado* Under 61 -110 x2
151 Texas San Antonio* +10.5 -110 vs Houston U x1
151 Texas San Antonio/Houston U* Over 54 -120 x1
154 Arizona U* -23 -120 vs UNLV x3 ...added 2 more
153 UNLV/Arizona U* Under 61 -110 x1

Last edited:
Texas A&M must not be very good this year. I like your pics and will be teasing them especially those unders - I very much dislike unders! I hope you are feeling better - we need you around for a long time.

Thanks guys, I got a long walk in this morning and got the old blood flowing and ready for another day. I let my dog out to pee early and he started raising hell. Looked out on the porch and he was holding a 2 and a half foot copperhead in his mouth shaking hell out of it. I thing he got it out of the wood pile and he would not give it to me until it was completely dead. I'm sure it struck him but he isnt swollen so i guess he is ok.

I had some mails overnite asking a few questions so I thought I would answer them again.(it aways surprises me how many lookers we have here but rarely post) But thanks for looking and the mails
Do u really play this many wagers? As I have said before, Yes, I capp them and play what looks good. Been doing it since early 90ties when info became so readily available. I win some and lose some :)
What are ur Units? all units = 100 in all sports. In football I fund seven books with a total of 200 U split unequally as I prefer some books over others but lines move faster at some and I try for the best line. So far I have a bit over 53 U posted for Thurs and Fri. I have another 70 U played for Sat and will try and post them today. Yeah, I here u now laughing and shaking ur head... No I do not practice money management the 1st few wks of football as I hit them as hard as I can before the lines makers catchup, and they will catch up, and make decent plays harder to find. Later I go into the conservation mode and try to preserve my winnings (hopefully) (at least it has worked in the past lol)

Have a Great day

:prayer

Jesus, I hope your dog is OK - he is as tough are you are apparently! I get upset when mine eats the grass and mulch let alone tangling with something that has a heartbeat and teeth. Yeah, you and I are the same - lots of pics and very little money management - bet it all! I like hitting a teaser with those last west coast games @ 10pm! I go easy in the NFL as I don't want to give back what I made. I have been gambling since the mid 90's. Can't wait for your Saturday menu!

Texas A&M must not be very good this year. I like your pics and will be teasing them especially those unders - I very much dislike unders! I hope you are feeling better - we need you around for a long time.

Thanks Cruse, Its not that A&M is that bad. They have a good O and D returning but they gave up over 470 y/g last yr and I dont see that improving all that much this yr. They have big shoes to fill @ qb and USC is one of the best and most experienced teams in the sec and I think they come out of the blocks strong and win by 14-17
I also hate Unders but the 1st couple of wks of the season before the O gels, I try and find a few Unders. I think the D always come around 1st so watch the Overs early....but I do think we see a bucnh of Over this season as coaches have to try and look good for the new playoff officials
GL

Last edited:
a few parlays for thur/fri

1. 8/28/2014 6:00 PM College Football 134 South Carolina* -430 vs Texas A&M
  2. 8/28/2014 8:00 PM College Football 139 Mississippi* -390 vs Boise State
dime wins 549

1. 8/28/2014 6:00 PM College Football 134 South Carolina* -9 -140 vs Texas A&M
  2. 8/28/2014 8:00 PM College Football 139 Mississippi* -9 -140 vs Boise State
nickle wins 969

1. 8/28/2014 8:00 PM College Football 138 Tulsa* -245 vs Tulane
  2. 8/28/2014 10:00 PM College Football 144 Washington State* -320 vs Rutgers
200/170

1. 8/28/2014 7:00 PM College Football 136 UL Monroe* +7 -340 vs Wake Forest
  2. 8/28/2014 9:15 PM College Football 141 Temple* +21 -325 vs Vanderbilt
200/138

1. 8/29/2014 7:00 PM College Football 145 BYU* -750 vs Connecticut
  2. 8/29/2014 9:00 PM College Football 151 Texas San Antonio* +17½ -300 vs Houston U
  3. 8/29/2014 10:30 PM College Football 154 Arizona U* -16 -325 vs UNLV
200/195

1. 8/28/2014 6:00 PM College Football 134 South Carolina* -430 vs Texas A&M
  2. 8/28/2014 8:00 PM College Football 139 Mississippi* -390 vs Boise State
  3. 8/29/2014 7:00 PM College Football 145 BYU* -750 vs Connecticut
nickle wins 378

<tbody>
</tbody>

added a 2nd ML parlay

1. 8/28/2014 6:00 PM College Football 134 South Carolina* -420 vs Tex A&M
  2. 8/28/2014 8:00 PM College Football 139 Mississippi* -470 vs Boise St

dime wins 512

Last edited:
Blood - Wish you the best on the season! Always look forward to your threads and insight on the games.

Most importantly, get to feeling better. Secondly, good luck this year. Lastly, the pup deserves a ribeye next time you're grilling.

(clover)

Glad to see you back, Blood.

I'm ready for a new year. I'll have a hard time equaling what I did last year because I'm already starting behind. I had a max bet on Auburn total wins last year that paid off by October and I don't see a sure thing like that this year. I bet season totals based only on coaching moves and there is no coach the equal of Malzahn out there this year taking over a good program.

I'm looking at 3 of your games, Temple, S Carolina, and Ole Miss, but I haven't found the numbers you are getting so far and there are so many beautiful women around Tahoe and beach volleyball is so good I haven't had time to do my homework yet.

Good luck this year.

:cheers3:

Looking forward to your analysis and plays all season long!
Wishing you good health!

Can't find the running horse so this will have to do:

:horse: :horse: :horse:

for old friends and old times sake!

Good Luck and GOOD HEALTH!!

Good morning fellas, I hope everyone is excited about college ball as I am. Appreciate all of the comments and will get back to u as i can
I always take another look at all of my plays the morning of the game and I havent found anything to take me off of any of my original plays
Thursday 8/28
134 South Carolina* -9 -140 vs Texas A&M x10...I still believe this is a 2td game and still like USC big. I just dont see A&M D keeping this one close
133 Texas A&M/South Carolina* Over 57 -110 x1...still like the over but small because I think Spurrier plays this close to the vest which will keep this game @ maybe a 35-21 which could bring it in under my #

136 UL Monroe* +3 -130 vs Wake Forest x half...this line has moved to ULM -2 but i cant bring my self to add to it
135 Wake Forest/UL Monroe* Under 47 -130 x half...Wake Forest RB Dominique Gibson, the team's top returning rusher, is suspended for the first three games for violating team rules, I expect a close game.

138 Tulsa* -5 -110 vs Tulane x5...my oh my, this # has jumped to 7. Although my -5 is a dead # I still think this is a 10 pt game but if anone played the Tulane +7.5 I wouldnt laugh as this could easily be a 24-17 game
137 Tulane/Tulsa* Under 47 -110 x half...total holding @ 47 and i could see this under easily so may add a half here

139 Mississippi* -9 -130 vs Boise State x10 ...my favorite games on the board tonite This is not the same Boise team as in the past and OleMiss has an experience qb with excellent receivers against a Boise weak pass D.this could get ugly and hut my Under
139 Mississippi/Boise State* Under 56 -110 x2...although this line has moved in my favor I can see it going over as well as I read where Miss's D may be banged up a bit but I will stay with the Under for this 1st outing

**I added another USC/OleMiss ML parlay for big coin...only pays 50% but I think its a winner

141 Temple* +15 -110 vs Vanderbilt x1...down to 13.5 now...if it drops more I may try and split this as I see something like a 24-10 game.
*141 Temple/Vanderbilt* Under 52 -110 x1...added another 2 U here for a total of 3 U on this UnderVandy will play ball control with a strong pass rush and keep this score low

144 Washington State* -7 -140 vs Rutgers x1 ...still not in love with this game or total, but i see a 10 pt win
143 Rutgers/Washington State* Over 61-110 x1...this over is a mike leach play and Rutgers weak rushing attack and poor secondary

BOL to U all and enjoy

Jesus what is it with old people? They complain about their health day in and day out until you finally notice they have been complaining all the time and 20 or 30 years have passed. Yet they are still around complaining in their 90's. Surprised it wasn't you with the damn snake in your mouth shaking hell out of it.

As for the season, all I can do is wish you a year like all your previous years. You are the best of the best at college football and I expect the same from you this year. Have some fun old man. GL

Jesus what is it with old people? They complain about their health day in and day out until you finally notice they have been complaining all the time and 20 or 30 years have passed. Yet they are still around complaining in their 90's. Surprised it wasn't you with the damn snake in your mouth shaking hell out of it.

As for the season, all I can do is wish you a year like all your previous years. You are the best of the best at college football and I expect the same from you this year. Have some fun old man. GL

as U so very well know, This getting old aint for pussies

appreciate the comments

I will repeat myself because it just happened again. I just got me some butterflies!

Wise, It's Christmas in August

Thanks guys

Glad to see you back, Blood.

I'm ready for a new year. I'll have a hard time equaling what I did last year because I'm already starting behind. I had a max bet on Auburn total wins last year that paid off by October and I don't see a sure thing like that this year. I bet season totals based only on coaching moves and there is no coach the equal of Malzahn out there this year taking over a good program.

I'm looking at 3 of your games, Temple, S Carolina, and Ole Miss, but I haven't found the numbers you are getting so far and there are so many beautiful women around Tahoe and beach volleyball is so good I haven't had time to do my homework yet.

Good luck this year.

Tahoe, the women sound nice but all I can do is look :) :)
As far as the #s, I bought pts on all three of those. I cant help u on those TT props. I just do my daily capping thing
Look forward to U take on the games this yr

two and a half hours till kickoff :clappy::money::cheerleader::fingerscrossed::thumbsup::Happy3::Happy1::Happy2::Happy4::Happy2::Happy::breakdance::claphands:

I'm glad I don't have to worry about copperheads up here. Just porcupines, skunks, coyotes and bears.Thanks for the picks, Blood. Here's to a great season...

:beer4:

Blood....the best to you this season and hope you get to feeling better.

I drove to my place in the Texas Hill Country today (left the wife with her family) just to spend opening weekend alone and chilling out. No copperheads seen here today, but the rattlesnakes/scorpions are out there I am sure.

:cheers3: to your season

Hey old timer - been a while, glad to see you're still at it. Stay healthy and best of luck this year.

Blood - I was shocked the SC defense played that poorly, just did not see that coming. They just could not defend the spread at all. No disruption of the quick passing routes, didn't take away the inside slants, and got no pressure from their DL at all. Is it safe to say the SEC West is quantum amounts better than the SEC East?

Morning to all
And CONGRATS to all of the A&M fans and backers... last nite was a great Win for U...and a Big loss for me
Thurs went 9-3-0 +12.60 but the A&M loss killed all but 2 pars going 4-2 there -26.82 and lost a 2nd half play to make a big losing nite overall -16.52

Blood - I was shocked the SC defense played that poorly, just did not see that coming. They just could not defend the spread at all. No disruption of the quick passing routes, didn't take away the inside slants, and got no pressure from their DL at all. Is it safe to say the SEC West is quantum amounts better than the SEC East?

Just on the basis that USC was picked to win the East, one would have to say yes after one game. Hill completed 16 of his first 20 passes. Manziel also went 16-for-20 to open his first career start. Manziel set the old passing record of 464 yards against Alabama last season ... Hill's 511 passing yards were the most the Gamecocks have allowed to a single quarterback ... Aggies linebacker A.J. Hilliard, who sacked Thompson early on, was carted off the field with a leg injury ... Texas A&M improved to 11-2 on the road under Kevin Sumlin ... South Carolina running back Mike Davis, who was questionable to play before the game, carried six times for 15 yards in the first half but did not play in the second with a rib injury.I dont think USC took anything positive away from that game. Every part of their game was piss poor
OleMiss's Bo Wallace dint look as good as hoped either still making a lot of bad decisions. And then there is Vandy...I am afraid they are in for a very long yr and I certainly wasnt impressed with new coach Mason
I cant say enough good things about A&M 1st game Congrats again to A&M. Now we will have to see if A&M is that good...or is SoCar that damn bad

Now on to Fri after digging 'another' deep hole to dig out of
played these earlier...I will go thru these again to day and see if changes or additions are needed

GLTA

Friday 8/29
145 BYU* -16½ -110 vs Connecticut x2
147 Bowling Green* -7 -115 vs Western Kentucky x1
149 Colorado State* +130 vs Colorado x1
149 Colorado State/Colorado* Under 61 -110 x2
151 Texas San Antonio* +10.5 -110 vs Houston U x1
151 Texas San Antonio/Houston U* Over 54 -120 x1
154 Arizona U* -23 -120 vs UNLV x3 ...added 2 more
153 UNLV/Arizona U* Under 61 -110 x1

parlay

1. 8/29/2014 7:00 PM College Football 145 BYU* -750 vs Connecticut
  2. 8/29/2014 9:00 PM College Football 151 Texas San Antonio* +17½ -300 vs Houston U
  3. 8/29/2014 10:30 PM College Football 154 Arizona U* -16 -325 vs UNLV

200/195

Didn't get to watch Vandy and was pissed off that I missed the 13.5 or 14 on Temple before the big drop. I've read other comments on Mason and they were similar to yours. May be a tough year for Vandy. Did watch Ole Miss and wondered at times what the hell Wallace was looking at. Very sloppy in 1h in particular with a lot of bad decisions. I was impressed with Ole Miss D though. Agree too that A&M and their coaching staff deserve major kudos.

I've been looking at BG and like their returning offensive talent with Johnson at QB and Greene at RB in particular. Bodes well that Babers brought his co-OCs with him from Eastern Ill where they were #2 pass off in FCS. They did lose their top two WR's but look to have some decent talent there too. The offensive line looks like it most be the ? unit and hopefully they will improve on their pass protection this year. I feel pretty good about their defense overall especially the LB corps. WKy seems to be in rebuild mode with loss of Petrino and only 12 sts returning. I'm thinking this should be a DD win here for BG.

I've been looking at BG and like their returning offensive talent with Johnson at QB and Greene at RB in particular. Bodes well that Babers brought his co-OCs with him from Eastern Ill where they were #2 pass off in FCS. They did lose their top two WR's but look to have some decent talent there too. The offensive line looks like it most be the ? unit and hopefully they will improve on their pass protection this year. I feel pretty good about their defense overall especially the LB corps. WKy seems to be in rebuild mode with loss of Petrino and only 12 sts returning. I'm thinking this should be a DD win here for BG.
Good thoughts. I am not quite as confident as U. I will remain with my 1 U play on BG. IF, and thats a big if, WKU qb's have cleaned up their interception rate and BG hasnt done anything about their turnover rate, then my BG play may be in trouble. But I'm betting that Babers and his QB will try and lite up the scoreboard agaisnt WKY decimated D where they lost all of the LB's and 3 or 4 secondary players. But WKY did get 9 starters back on O. Looks like it will be a hi scoring game and can be see by the line movement, 54 to 64. I played the Over 61 yesterday and I think 64 is safe and will tease it down a bit and hit it again

Good thoughts Blood, over just got pounded there and looks like you are on right side.

Blood did you happen to see an opener at 5D for Indiana/Indiana State? I think it was around 24. BOL just putting up there Saturday FBS/FCS gms and put out 27-15. I would think this game should be a blow out as Indiana State is rated last in the Mo. Valley Conf. and Indiana has a pretty nice returning offense.

Back