College Game of the Week - Friday

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
WV @ USF

Thats right. ESPN has advertised this as their biggest game of the week. They are even gonna use that new ESPN Sky-Cam angle that I havent really paid attention to. They are bringing in their top notch teams to broadcast this game. This stadium is completely sold out for a National audience on Friday night. First time in USF history that they have been ranked in the top 25 and Friday they get to play the #5 ranked team in the country, which by the way, they beat last year 24-19. This is USF's biggest game of their history ! Yeah, Yeah, I've heard that crap about White having had a high ankle sprain and thats why he didnt perform well in that game last year but even he said that it wasnt a factor. They just plain got beat. You see, WV is probably the only team in America that has 2 legitimate Heisman Trophy candidates. Steve Slaton and Pat White. Alot of people believe that Slaton is the best tailback in the country and White the most versatile running quarterback in the nation. Last year in the Bulls upset over the Mountainers, Slaton had only 43 yds on 18 carries. Although he is ranked #1 averaging 125 yds per game and 6.3 yds per carry, in his 2 games against USF he just had 129 on 46 carries combined. White was limited to 17 yds on 15 carries last year. So you see, the Bulls have their number. I understand this is a big revenge game for the Bulls but that doesnt compare to crap next to what the Bulls know this game signifies for them. Emotions are a mile high. They are fired up like we've never seen them before. First time they have sold out a stadium. USF has quickness and athleticism and a willingness to play unselfish. According to defensive lineman Richard Clebert

"You can't care who gets the tackle. You have to be in your lane and stay there all game even if you dont make one tackle, you cant worry about statistics", Clebert said. "We have the speed, so for us it's all about discipline. I remember the first time we played them. You think someone else has the ball and you break for them and then White breaks a big run. We learned you cant do that aginst them".

Another note, USF ranks first nationally in third down percentage defense, holding opponents to a 20.4 % success rate. On the ofensive side, WVU is ranked 3rd, converting 55.8% of its attempts. USF ranks 7th in total defense. WVU ranks 10th in total offense.

Now, here is the only part that should matter to me. I crunched my own numbers and came up with a PK. Thats right..PK... Thats taking into consideration the homefield advantage which will be extraordinary in Tampa, Florida on Friday night. So in a game of this magnitude 7 points for USF is a gift. Take the points and meet the shark at the sandbar. Im not saying by any means that USF will win this game, but I am saying they will get the cover. You figure it out.

USF +7 :cheers: money;

winner wins by 10+....i'm on my mounties, r-rod is the better coach and wvu is better in every aspect of this matchup, yes defense too. tehy are a 2H defense and bend but do not break let the offense score more to cover uhummmm i mean win lol

B.A.R. Inded it should be very enjoyable. :cheers:

Troy....Good Health to you on that one. All I know is that Floridians are already calling the Bulls the next "Florida Gators" hehe. :shake:

i just moved from TB....they are biggerrs than skins fans in DC area. shit they are so Yag down there when it comes to home teams no once of realism. now i liek USF as a whole but against WVU they are outmatched so no hate towards the bulls but easy now hahaha

Its all good Troy...hehe...Im actually a Gator fan..:cheers:

ATP...dam, I think I might get a ticket and go myself. Im finding out tomorrow. :cheers:

USF is the biggest public dog I can remember. I'm all over WVA -6.5. It's a gift. Don't turn your back on it.

WVU is a damn good team but I have a feeling tomorrow night is the running of the Bulls. Going to be a hell of a game. Just hope it doesnt come down to that jackass USF kicker. I feel if USF shuts down Slaton and forces White to throw they should be ok. Defense will be amped too.

Quote from WV coach Rich Rodriguez commenting on last year's game:

"It's frustrating to watch the film because we know we can play better. But at the same time, they made us play worse," Rodriguez said. "Our problems against South Florida were that they had some guys simply make plays."

:smiley_acbe:

winner wins by 10+....i'm on my mounties, r-rod is the better coach and wvu is better in every aspect of this matchup, yes defense too. tehy are a 2H defense and bend but do not break let the offense score more to cover uhummmm i mean win lol

Debatable. Leavitt could/should get offers to go to any major program looking for a new beginning. I doubt he'd leave at this point, but I'm not sure Rodriguez is any better or worse.

Richie has left me scratching my head on many occasions and moreso this year.

Rodriguez coached teams seem to always be undisciplined...commiting alot of stupid penalties that hurt them sometimes...alot of times in the redzone...

USF defensed the spread option perfectly last year imo. if the d ends and line backers respect their assigned gap integrity, they should produce the same results as last year. maybe not a win for the bulls, but i think they cover. wvu 's defense will be exposed.

dmart... agree totally. that will be the key on defense. gap control. leavitt is a smart coach and knows what it takes to take down this monster.

Like last night, my line calls for a USF bet, but in actuality, I would wager on WVU. I am not wagering on this game though, so GL shark.

USF defensed the spread option perfectly last year imo. if the d ends and line backers respect their assigned gap integrity, they should produce the same results as last year. maybe not a win for the bulls, but i think they cover. wvu 's defense will be exposed.

It has been exposed...

revenge game for the 'neers, and I see about a 0% chance that WVU's offense will be as bad as it was in last years match up. They definitely will not take this one as lightly as they seemed to have last year. I am starting to be convinced that WVU wins this one by DD. South Florida's win over Auburn is not that impressive people. Auburn's offense is a travesty. Other than that they beat 1AA Elon 28-13, and NC 37-10. USF is getting way too much credit for beating West Virginia last year, its not happnin.' I'm bookin it @ -7. WVU wins by DD:whip:

It has been exposed...

revenge game for the 'neers, and I see about a 0% chance that WVU's offense will be as bad as it was in last years match up. They definitely will not take this one as lightly as they seemed to have last year. I am starting to be convinced that WVU wins this one by DD. South Florida's win over Auburn is not that impressive people. Auburn's offense is a travesty. Other than that they beat 1AA Elon 28-13, and NC 37-10. USF is getting way too much credit for beating West Virginia last year, its not happnin.' I'm bookin it @ -7. WVU wins by DD:whip:

I'm not one to look at percentages but it seems that 71% on WVU bettors are in agreement with you. Home dog and national TV. GL.

For all of you WV backers. You are playing right into the hands of the books. Tonight the truth will be revealed. :15_10_5:

USF is the biggest public dog I can remember. I'm all over WVA -6.5. It's a gift. Don't turn your back on it.

I have no idea who will cover tonite, though I lean towards USF. I don't see USF as a big public dog though...in fact, wherever I look, more people are on WVA?

:spank:
<!-- / message -->

It has been exposed...

money hater

I have no idea who will cover tonite, though I lean towards USF. I don't see USF as a big public dog though...in fact, wherever I look, more people are on WVA?

:spank:
<!-- / message -->

Exactly ..horses..and even though the money is coming in on WV, the line has dropped to 6 1/2 in some places. The books still want more on WV :)

Don't care either way which way the money is going. The fact of the matter is: USF 28 WVU 24 :prayer

:13_4_10: This will be me tonight at the game and if I am wrong about the outcome then I am :spank: and I will be doing :bong:

Exactly ..horses..and even though the money is coming in on WV, the line has dropped to 6 1/2 in some places. The books still want more on WV :)

....and that is exactly why i am on USF at +7. :shake:

i keep seeing everyone, everywhere all over dub V yet the line drops to 6.5??? that just doesn't seem right.... has me believing the books just want those dub V bets to keep rolling in....

Not even close to being true. WVU could easily cover but it has nothing to do with the pub being on South Fla bc they aren't. WVU has and always will be a pub favorite no matter what the line is. U want a public dog then look at Bama

everyone i see is on usf...look here... . can't wait till wvu whoops that bull ass tonite

Last edited by a moderator:
Troy and Pokey. Good Health to you both :cheers:

I was going to the game but my tickets fell through so I'm going out to dinner and be back around game time.

I hope everyone enjoys the game no matter which side you're on. Its gonna be a good one. :cheers:

Don't care either way which way the money is going. The fact of the matter is: USF 28 WVU 24 :prayer

:13_4_10: This will be me tonight at the game and if I am wrong about the outcome then I am :spank: and I will be doing :bong:

:cheers:

I believe the boys are gonna see the 2nd best program in the great state of FLORIDA tonight...USF (+180/half) & (+240)...Da Bulls.

:cheers:

First Half looking good. If you think USF was flying high coming into the game, wait till you see them in the second half. They can taste it now. The pressure is going to continue.

Good Luck Everyone.:cheers:

Back