• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****College Football In-Game Thread****

Alright homies and homete......we have folks from all over the country in here. I’m know where I stand, but......

Mashed Potatoes on Thanksgiving or No?

I saw on the bidnees channel that Thanksgiving day is the biggest day for Cracker Barrel.

Must be why the stores weren't as bad as I remember.

Went to my mother's house for Thanksgiving dinner about 5 years ago and she did not make mashed potatoes....my two sisters and I made eye contact and said WTF??

One thing I find interesting about Thanksgiving is the old recipes you still use that were your grandparents . All their recipes I guess, but you usually hit those on the holidays.
They'll say "one can of XXX".
Can's were 8oz or 16oz back in the day. Now cans are 14.5. I sure that's so you have to use two to get two full cups.
We find a lot of our old handwritten recipes to be that way. "One can", "a bag of spinach" etc...

One thing I find interesting about Thanksgiving is the old recipes you still use that were your grandparents . All their recipes I guess, but you usually hit those on the holidays.
They'll say "one can of XXX".
Can's were 8oz or 16oz back in the day. Now cans are 14.5. I sure that's so you have to use two to get two full cups.
We find a lot of our old handwritten recipes to be that way. "One can", "a bag of spinach" etc...

That's so funny you say that. One of my friends made a family recipe for a chicken and rice dish. It was amazing - she gave us the recipe and it called for a can of evaporated milk. WTF

Back