College baseball super regionals

Should be another exciting weekend of games with only 4 on Friday and 8 on Saturday.
Predictions for CWS: Virginia, Florida, TCU, ORU, Wake, LSU, Tennessee, Texas
I haven't even looked, other than Tennessee are those all home teams this weekend?

I guess Stanford is who I like to make it but not sure who they're playing. Looks like a reasonable list

Florida/South Carolina:
Florida lost 2 of 3 at South Carolina this year, but have since gone 17-6. USC has battled through injuries, and is just 8-13 since that series although they are getting healthy and looked really good in the regional. They also were just 10-10 on the road this year. Both offenses are really good, but I think most games will stay below 12.
Game 1 play: Fl -1.5 +110 and u12.5 -120

I haven't even looked, other than Tennessee are those all home teams this weekend?

I guess Stanford is who I like to make it but not sure who they're playing. Looks like a reasonable list
ORU is at Oregon
Tenn at Southern Miss
Texas at Stanford

Reactions: KJ
Duke/Virginia:
This one is tough. I think the first game will set the tone. Duke might be a better team-they took 2 of 3 from UVA earlier in the year at Virginia, but Virginia sure knows how to get to the CWS-6x in last 14. Duke has made a super in 3 of last 5 years, but hasn't made it yet. Duke mix and matches on the mound really well, but sometimes that can cause a stumble and I think it will this weekend.
Game 1 lean: Duke +1.5 -120 o12 -120

TCU/Indiana St:
Indiana State having to go on the road because of the special Olympics is crazy. Can't imagine they'll wind up with those big momentum innings like they did in the regionals. They were 24-8 on the road, but just 4-9 vs rpi top 50. TCU was 22-11 at home and 13-14 vs rpi top 50. ISU can pitch it really well. Two front end starters that have been great all year, but have allowed runs to some larger conference teams. They also seem to lack offensively-with only one hitter over .300.
Game 1 plays: TCU -1.5 -115 and o11.5 -115

ORU/Oregon:
Should be two pretty fun offenses. ORU has won 21 in a row, 14 straight road games, and are 39-3 last 42. Jonah Cox has a 44 game hit streak (and recorded a hit in 59 of 60 games this year) and there offense is top 20 in the nation in most categories (batting avg, hits, runs, slg, scoring). Oregon has plenty of guys offensively as well. They are tough top to bottom and can put up crooked numbers in a hurry. Look for Rikuu Nishida (5'6, 155) who his with wood. They'll use quite a few freshmen pitchers-which could make it interesting, but they had no problems in the regionals.
Game 1 plays: ORU+130 over 12 -115

ORU/Oregon:
Should be two pretty fun offenses. ORU has won 21 in a row, 14 straight road games, and are 39-3 last 42. Jonah Cox has a 44 game hit streak (and recorded a hit in 59 of 60 games this year) and there offense is top 20 in the nation in most categories (batting avg, hits, runs, slg, scoring). Oregon has plenty of guys offensively as well. They are tough top to bottom and can put up crooked numbers in a hurry. Look for Rikuu Nishida (5'6, 155) who his with wood. They'll use quite a few freshmen pitchers-which could make it interesting, but they had no problems in the regionals.
Game 1 plays: ORU+130 over 12 -115
Yep

Stanford did look real good in their regional.
Playing the hottest team in the best conference as well needing b2b victories against them. I do get that A&M would have been hard pressed to continue what they had been doing given who they were during the regular season but the Tree managed that situation as well as they could.

Kentucky/LSU:
LSU won the 2of3 during the regular season, but it was a close series. Have to think this weekend is potentially similar. Skenes wins game one and then the next two are dog fights. Watching a game a few weeks ago, and I heard LSU team era-if you don't include skenes-is 7.76. I think since then though some guys have stepped up and they've been better. Kentucky loves to run and put pressure on defenses which means they should also put up some runs.
Game 1 lean: u11.5 -120
If LSU jumps ahead within first 3 innings I think Kentucky may save arms and give up 9+ which would make it go over

Tennessee/Sthn Miss:
Tennessee was 5-12 on the road this year, but then went on the road and won the Clemson regional. They have some great arms and I think it'll be tough for southern Miss offense. Southern Miss coach is retiring which adds motivation to a team that played in the sports last year. Tanner Hall is great, but I don't see how he got out off a jam practically every inning vs Samford last inning. I think Tennessee will be too much for them
Game 1 play: Tenn -1.5 -110 and u10 -120

And right before that the Stanford player hit what he thought was a homer and dugout cleared into field and he had thrown his helmet into the sky only to almost get thrown out at 2nd

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
That Stanford/Texas ending was unreal if any of y’all didn’t see it. Crazy b2b at bats in that situation
That was crazy way to end it. I didn't watch, but I read that Texas a&m missed two in their regional finals vs. them. Talk about home field advantage.
Most fun series to me was ORU/Oregon. That was some good games!

Back