Coaching Carousel

Tucker was a mediocre DC at Georgia, no? I feel like those defenses underwhelmed with the talent they had but could be wrong
He's been at 6 places in 10 years. I'm not sure about at Georgia tbh. I don't remember when he was there. In the wake of things, solid hire for now. I can't imagine he's a long term guy but who knows. The one thing I do know he he should be sending a big ole Christmas gift to Fickell got the extra couple million he gets with this contract.

Well, looks like they overpaying to cover up again. This time for having no plan, so they had to settle for Mel and pay him more than they should have ever had to.

I refuse to defend Gase so I will focus on Tucker. The guy is at best a mediocre coordinator who did a very poor job in his one year at Colorado. There is no reason to believe that this will go well at all.
I don’t know a ton about him. What made his one year in Boulder so bad?

My guess is Colorado fans are happier about today's events than Spartan fans are.
My CU bud isn't happy. He thought Tucker was going to be ok. Sure he's no urban but even losing a mediocre coach at this time of year is a hit on any program. I'm sure some recently signed buffs agent thrilled either, it will be interesting to see if any ask for a release.

My CU bud isn't happy. He thought Tucker was going to be ok. Sure he's no urban but even losing a mediocre coach at this time of year is a hit on any program. I'm sure some recently signed buffs agent thrilled either, it will be interesting to see if any ask for a release.
I would think Clayton is one

Sounds like Charlie Strong may be the latest to enter the Nick Saban coaching rehab program

Steve Sarkisian turned down Colorado and will remain as OC at Bama

I'd do the same if I were him. Colorado has had some good teams over the decades, but overall is a coaching graveyard. And they are worse off now that they are in the Pac 12 than they have ever been. No main rival, no rivals within the conference, no identity, poor recruiting locally.

They have a beautiful location which on the surface seems like an advantage they could use, but it never seems to do much good

I'd do the same if I were him. Colorado has had some good teams over the decades, but overall is a coaching graveyard. And they are worse off now that they are in the Pac 12 than they have ever been. No main rival, no rivals within the conference, no identity, poor recruiting locally.

They have a beautiful location which on the surface seems like an advantage they could use, but it never seems to do much good

He removed himself from consideration, but he wasn't getting an offer so I think it was more to save face. Because who really wants to be rejected from Colorado?

Surely Alex Grinch is too smart to take that job. This guy will be a red-hot candidate for a GOOD job after next year.

He was DC for several years with Leach at Wazzou so he knows first-hand what life is like for a have not school with no recruiting base. He worked wonders this year at OU and proved he knows what he's doing.

Interesting though that both candidates are Mike Leach guys. So Colorado is talking to a Leach guy who worked for Leach and now works for Lincoln Riley, another Leach guy and if they don't get him they'll talk to another guy who played for Leach and then coached under Leach, then got his first OC job at NTSU when another Leach guy got that job

Last edited:

That school is run by morons.

Good call, Takit.

I have no idea if Dorrell can coach or not. I formed a low opinion of him based on his tenure at UCLA, but it turns out that everyone since has failed at UCLA as well.

Maybe he can do it, but my guess is he is not as good a coach as they one they fired last year.

Kevin Faulk hired as LSU RB coach.

And speaking of LSU RBs I heard an interesting interview with Joe Burrow a couple of weeks ago. They asked him who, of all the great athletes at LSU this year, was the best all-around athlete on the team. He didn't hesitate a second and said, "Clyde Edwards-Helaire. He wins at every sport and every activity we do. He even won bowling."

Kevin Faulk hired as LSU RB coach.

And speaking of LSU RBs I heard an interesting interview with Joe Burrow a couple of weeks ago. They asked him who, of all the great athletes at LSU this year, was the best all-around athlete on the team. He didn't hesitate a second and said, "Clyde Edwards-Helaire. He wins at every sport and every activity we do. He even won bowling."
Big Facts all around

I'm not part of the below tribe, wow.

Personally don't think it's going to happen as it seems the wife and two daughters have put the hammer down regarding Meyer's health and staying away from the rigors of the job. Plus our administration might not be able to live with his history. But I'll never put anything over Texas donors and their love of swinging their own dicks. They arguable run our football program more than the AD or President.

Back