Coaching Carousel Thread

Sorry but I just don't buy the argument that off field issues would be a problem for any fan base unless the coach was some sort of violent criminal. All that fans care about is winning and there aren't too many fans more desperate at this point than the Auburn fans who have had to watch their biggest rivals dominate the sport while they have been irrelevant.
I think you are 100% right that they don't really care, but unless you live amongst them, it's hard to explain the level of sanctimony and high-horse that a large part of the AU fan base have. If I were them, I'd hire Freeze and just wait for the dust to settle. If he wins, they'll forget about it. I know it's totally different scenarios, but they embraced Bruce Pearl when no other school would touch him, and it worked out

Sorry but I just don't buy the argument that off field issues would be a problem for any fan base unless the coach was some sort of violent criminal. All that fans care about is winning and there aren't too many fans more desperate at this point than the Auburn fans who have had to watch their biggest rivals dominate the sport while they have been irrelevant.
It’s a good way to avoid hiring a coach-
I’m not sure a “clean” past is an asset to be hired-
Always useful to have an off the field excuse as to why someone wasn’t hired….

certainly seems like a dumpster fire there. not an easy division, though I suppose auburn thinks they should be right there in the mix every year.
Can't imagine dealing with the boosters/factions etc.

Shit, I look back at the dreadful RR era here at UM. Guy never had a chance with the factions...

Can't imagine dealing with the boosters/factions etc.

Shit, I look back at the dreadful RR era here at UM. Guy never had a chance with the factions...
I've mentioned it here before, but we still have a small group of donors who are ready for Saban to leave so that they can have more control and access. Blows my mind. My biggest hope is that Saban outlasts them all.

Maybe mentioned previously, but Dillingham is off to a good start locally. Ty Thompson will enter portal and transfer with Dillingham and come home and Aguano already has 4, 4-star local guys making this one of the better ASU classes in years. Hiring young, local coaches will be a huge boost to keeping the top AZ kids in AZ and specifically at ASU and not down in Tucson.

Maybe mentioned previously, but Dillingham is off to a good start locally. Ty Thompson will enter portal and transfer with Dillingham and come home and Aguano already has 4, 4-star local guys making this one of the better ASU classes in years. Hiring young, local coaches will be a huge boost to keeping the top AZ kids in AZ and specifically at ASU and not down in Tucson.
Aguano made it clear that the next regime has to be successful in keeping local talent. Keeping him on the staff was a win for all involved.

Marcus Arroyo fired at UNLV. I'd like to formally apologize to the Arroyo family.

UNLV was 4-1 when I proclaimed them to go bowling this year in our What Our We Learning Thread.

They then lost 6 in a row. Sorry for mushing you, Mr. Arroyo.

Funny that people involved at AU manufactured a sex scandal to try to fire Harsin, but now they're trying to hire a guy with multiple scandals to his name already
I'm sure that the fan base that tried to manufacture that sex scandal and the coach who searches his name on Twitter will have a long, happy marriage.

unless that's a non football firing, firing arroyo is retarded. they have no patience to build anything at unlv.

Arroyo started the season good and was competitive, but then the injury bug hit them! UNLV also changes AD and Presidents every 3-4 years also, so no surprise.

It's like when the MBB was solid during Kruger's tenure, but they let him go and he took Oklahoma deep.

Arroyo started the season good and was competitive, but then the injury bug hit them! UNLV also changes AD and Presidents every 3-4 years also, so no surprise.

It's like when the MBB was solid during Kruger's tenure, but they let him go and he took Oklahoma deep.
Young Kruger has them on the right track

UNLV football will likely struggle to have the depth to be important later in the season but now paying the tab for their games at Allegiant Stadium they should at least compete most seasons.

Interesting comments from Deion saying he has been offered multiple jobs. It looks like he may have already turned down Colorado and possibly Georgia Tech. He may be making them commit to winning a national championship and they are not willing to that far.

It looks like he may just go back to Jackson State and be the new Eddie Robinson.

Just a rumor so far, but ESPN aired it said reports from S Carolina are that Rattler will follow Marcus Satterfield to Nebraska. It wouldn't be the first time an OC brought along a QB and other skill positions when he changed jobs, but I haven't heard anything official.

Only thing I've seen with rattler coming here was a troll post on Twitter from a Tennessee fan.

I would think he just goes pro after his last two games.

Interesting comments from Deion saying he has been offered multiple jobs. It looks like he may have already turned down Colorado and possibly Georgia Tech. He may be making them commit to winning a national championship and they are not willing to that far.

It looks like he may just go back to Jackson State and be the new Eddie Robinson.
Prime had deep interviews with ASU. ASU however is broke and is still trying to figure out how to pay Edwards buyout. If ASU had the money (and boosters) Prime was target #1.

Prime had deep interviews with ASU. ASU however is broke and is still trying to figure out how to pay Edwards buyout. If ASU had the money (and boosters) Prime was target #1.
He is playing hard to get. If they don't want to play for all the marbles, he is passing. He's probably the next coach at Florida State. As soon as they don't win nine games, it's Prime Time.

Aguano made it clear that the next regime has to be successful in keeping local talent. Keeping him on the staff was a win for all involved.

If Aguano’s resume was as good as Dilly’s he would’ve got the job, ie. More college experience. Regardless, Dilly has the “in” already with Scottsdale, Chandler, and Tempe. It shouldn’t take long for ASU to improve

Reactions: KJ
Has anyone heard what is going to happen with Jim Leonhard? Players were advocating for him hard. I would think he is kind of offended by the Fickell hire. Is he leaving, are they trying to get him to stay?

They looked like the worst p5 team in the country under Collins and somehow went 4-4 under Key. Probably deserves a shot after that.

Glad Fritz is staying at Tulane.
It will be interesting, he loses a lot. Pratt should stay. This will be a portal play for the future for Fritz if he stays , some meat is leaving for the B12 too, for whatever that means

Back