Clemson/Bama Thoughts?...

brohead

Being a longtime Clemson fan, I would love to hear some of the opinions of those on the board in regards to this matchup. I believe the line is currently at Clemson -5. I'm also here to answer any questions in regards to Clemson's squad, be it injuries, new starters, impact newcomers, pre-season camp news, etc... Not being a homer, but I have a pretty strong initial lean of Clemson covering in this game. I don't generally bet a lot of games with Clemson involved, but this may be an exception. I bet two games with Clemson involved a year ago. I took the Tigers on the ML vs. FSU, and took Clemson to cover vs. WMU. I won both, but shied away from every other opportunity to bet on the Tigers. What's everyone thinking in regards to this game? Thanks...Damn this is going to be a long eight days waiting for the season to get here...

brohead

My numbers say Clemson by a TD, and I would be more than happy to take them if it got down to a FG, but probably not gonna happen. Worried, as a Bama fan, that Davis and Spiller will have a day with Bama's depleated LB corps. If they can consistently get to the second level, it will be trouble. I really think that's the key to the game. JPW will probably be okay in this new offensive system, and Bama's running game is suspect, but could shine as well under the system. Basically this is the most unpredictable Bama team I've ever seen, just because there are so many people that have potential to touch the ball, between 4 running backs, and 5 or so wide outs. We'll just have to see, I guess.

Clemson just has a more talent and experience in the offensive backfield, and that will be the difference in the game IMO.

think both teams will be able to score...can't see an edge at all personally to either side. think it has an excellent shot at being a 3-7 pt victory for clemson, so obviously i believe the spot is dead on. should be a great game to watch though.

My thoughts on this game are that it will be completely one sided in favor of the Clemson Tigers. If you look at ever position on both teams Clemson has a BIG adavantage. I really think bama will have a hard time scoring on the best defense in the ACC and top 5-10 nationally. I just think bama will have a hard time stopping all the playmakers Clemson will throw at them. Final score will look like 31-13. Big Bet on CU !!!!!!!!!!

I believe it will be the game of the week. Mater...think your WAY over on the score. I believe the edge is to Clemson but not by that much. There is also a lot more pressure on Clemson to win than Bama.

My main point in the other thread was that Bama should not be over looked during SEC play. Another thing is that Bama never lost a game by more than 7 last year, even in SEC play. Also a positive for them when they Start SEC play is that Prince Hall will be back starting against Arkansas (3 game team suspension, but practicing).

I think it's obviously a very intriguing game being an OOC game between two solid BCS teams, one with an exemplary place in CFB history in Alabama, and one with a very solid place as an All-Time Top 25-30 team in CFB history in Clemson. The atmosphere in the Georgia Dome should be tremendous, and Gary Stokan the President of the Peach Bowl Committe has called this ticket "the toughest in Georgia Dome History". Tougher than the Super Bowl as well as SEC Championship games. Ebay demand would seem to lend further credibility to that statement as some lower deck tickets are going for $1,000 per pair. As for the game itself:

There has not been a shortage of discussion regarding Clemson's inexperience on the Offensive Line. Every national media pundit has hammered this point, and it appears that it is the consensous among everyone outside Pickens County, SC that Clemson will field an inept line incapable of performing at this level. I think the OL of Clemson vs. the Front 7 of Alabama is certainly the biggest matchup to watch. That being said let me offer at least a few nuggets regarding this apparent weakness.

1. Everyone continues to incorrectly state that the Tigers return one lone starter on the line in OC Thomas Austin. This simply isn't correct. Barry Humphries will man the RG position and started seven games a season ago.
2. A season ago the Tigers replaced four departed offensive line starters as well and entered the Labor Day Showdown vs. FSU as a lined underdog. Everyone again pointed to the offensive line. In that contest Clemson marched up and down the field in the first half, before becoming terribley complacent in the second half. I'm not saying that we should expect a similiar outcome vs. a well coached Bama squad, but I am offering that at times some things can be critiqued a bit too much.
3. The Tackles, Chris Hairston and Corey Lambert offer a few games of starting experience combined between the two. Hairston started the Peach Bowl and effectively neutralized Quinton Groves. OL Coach Brad Scott has called him the most talented OL on the roster. That says quite a bit considering that Thomas Austin is arguably the top C in the ACC. Lambert was highly rated (4*) recruit coming out of HS, but was behind and entrenched four year starter. He has switched to the RT spot, and again according to Scott has had by far the best Spring/Fall camp of his career.
4. The two biggest concerns are at LG, and overall depth particularly at Tackle. Jamarcus Grant will start at LG, but in three seasons has accumulated very few snaps. I expect that at some point he will lose his starting position to RS Frosh David Smith. Also watch another RS Frosh in Mason Cloy who is continuing to push Humphries for time at RG. He will also slide to C to relieve Austin. The 2nd string Tackle positions are scary thin. One is anchored by RS Frosh and former 4* recruit Landon Walker. The other is manned by TRUE FROSH Antoine McClain (a name that should be familiar to Bama fans being that he is an Alabama native). Injuries anywhere on the line, but particularly at Tackle, could be devistating.
5. This unit will not be a well oiled machine by Game 1 in Atlanta, but I also don't expect them to be the sieve that others seem to expect. I expect Rob Spence to roll the pocket some, as well utilize playmakers like Spiller, Ford, Kelly, etc... on slip screens and out of the backfield. I have no doubts that Saban will bring multiple fronts, and will unleash the house on Clemson's young line.
6. At some point this season, I expect this Clemson offensive line to be better than the one from last season.

The one thing you like as a Clemson fan is knowing that exceptional skill talent can often mask inexperience on the offensive line. Clemson managed to pull this off a year ago vs. FSU, and the skill talent is even more abundant and game tested this time around. Consider:

QB Cullen Harper. Set 22 school passing records one season ago when he passed for almost 3,000 yards with a 27/6 TD/Int ratio. At least one mock draft service believes that a similiar year could turn Harper into a 1st Round pick in next year's NFL draft.
RB James Davis. Is on pace to break the all-time career rushing record at Clemson. For those who have followed his career thus far, he was noticeably faster a season ago, and this year he has added 10 more pounds taking him to 215. The undeniable leader of Clemson's offense and a definate Top 5-10 back nationally.
RB CJ Spiller. May be the most electrifying player in CFB in the open field. Already holds the Clemson record for career TD's over 50 yards, and has done that in only 2 seasons! Started last season slowly, but really came on over the last month and a half. Has also bulked up in the off season while maintaing his track speed.
WR Aarron Kelly. Is on pace to break Torry Holt's all-time reception record for the ACC. Already holds numerous Clemson receiving records, and was tabbed as a 3rd to 4th Round Selection had he come out a season ago. Another season similiar to last year could see Aaron land in the League's first two rounds.
WR Jacoby Ford. Unquestionably one CFB's fastest players. An alternate for the US Olympic Team, Ford's role in the offense expanded before his season ended with a broken ankle at Maryland. Great on end arounds and any mis-direction.
WR Tyler Grisham. More of a possession receiver and often over looked, but Grisham hauled in over 50 passes a season ago, and is as reliable as they come.
TE. The Tigers have a six headed TE rotation that represents their deepest and most talented unit in two decades. Linthicum probably starts, but keep an eye on True Frosh Dwayne Allen, a Top 100 player nationally one season ago.

There are a whole host of other skill players that will contribute, but those listed above are All-American, or All-Conference type returners. With that type of skill talent available, I really can't envision the Clemson offense scoring less than 24-27 points, despite the youth of the offensive line. Also, I failed to mention that the Tigers return two of the country's better special teams return men in Spiller and Ford.

I know this sounds Homerish, but understand that I am a pessimist regarding my Tigers by nature. That being said, after folllowing this program religiously for over two decades, I'm not sure that I have seen the collection of skilled talent returning in one season. I think this has the makings of one of the country's more explosive offense's.

I'll offer some analysis of the Clemson Defense later this afternoon...

brohead

If you look at ever position on both teams Clemson has a BIG adavantage.

IMO the offensive line is the most important "position" in football. compare them at all? guess not.

it will be interesting to see how Clemsons DL holds up thoughout the game, especially late 3rd - 4th Q when bama should be able to rack up the rushing yardage (assuming CU isn't way ahead)

also, Ford is fast as shit, but he's not a great WR. Bama's good secondary should hold the passing game down, until Spiller and Davis go off.

Bama's young WR corp is much better all around than CU's IMO

Let me respond quickly. Clemson's defensive front is the deepest position group on a defense that ranked in the Top 25 in virtually every statisitcal category, including #9 in total defense. Despite the loss of Rashad Jackson (will be back midseason), Clemson can still comfortably rotate 5-6 defensive tackles, and 4-5 defensive ends with little to no drop off. I will expect Clemson to remain fresh late in the game given Coach Koening's tendacy to rotate players early and often. Now the LB unit, that's another topic and one that I will attempt to go over when I break down the defense.

As for Ford...at this point we don't have enough evidence to make a sound conclusion on just how good he can be as a WR. He played a very minimal role as a True Frosh, and his sophomore season was cut in half following the broken ankle. At that point Jacoby was on pace to catch over 30 balls, which is nothing to sneeze at considering he shares receptions with the ACC's leading returning receiver in Aaron Kelly, and another receiver in Grisham who ranked inside the Top 10. What we do know is that Ford has certainly affected the game in his brief career both on misdirection/end arounds, as well as in the return game. My guess is that Ford ends the season with 40+ catches and positions himself as the go to receiver next year.

This team has as much skill talent as any Clemson team I have had the pleasure of following. Look no farther than the ACC PreSeason PLayer of the Year voting:

1. Cullen Harper
2. James Davis
3. CJ Spiller

The top 3 vote getters all reside in the Clemson backfield, and this doesn't even take into account Aaron Kelly who, barring injury, should become the conference's most prolific pass catcher in history. Given average offensive line play, this offense has the potential to be downright scary explosive given the quality of skill talent returning.

Great Discussion so far...Would love to hear some further views about the game itself...

brohead

My gut really says Bama

Why? Problem I have with Clemson is they beat up on the sisters of the poor but when a physical, fundamental run stuffing team comes along and shuts Davis and Spiller down and they get into a Tight ballgame, they always come out on the bottom end.

See BC or Georgia Tech, or VT last year.

I see Bama fitting that mold. They will shutdown the run, only ? is new lb's and a step out of position can turn into a big play. I see them being adequate though.

I do have more faith in Saban getting his team ready. Bama played tremendously in some big games last year. Lots of close games, more coniditioned for this type of game.

--Teams vs. other conference. Bama lost to FSU, defensive stalemate, diff being deep balls to tall receivers.

--Clemson Auburn OT. Actually encouraged by that game for Clemson.

I see Bama really solid on offense. Clemson solid on defense.

Clemson OL in 06 avgeraged 5.7ypc, 218 per, 15 sacks. Lost 4 starters but Richardson came back and guards had started the past. They declined to 4.1ypc and 35 sacks. This year they lose both tackles and RG. Brohead says talent seems really good filling in except at LG. I expect them to take another step back like they did last year, and decrease from the 4.1.

---Not the best time to be going green on OL against a good run D, and that's been the MO to beating Clemson. Advantage Bama.

I do have more faith in Bama on key situations 3rd down pickups and what not. I think they are more mentally tough.

BC and Auburn playing man did well against Harper. I did see Harper look absolutely confused against Bud Foster, I like Bama's secondary here.

Will be interesting to see Bama's spread. Solid on O but never too dynamic. If they could be more open better spacing on offense that could be the difference as well.

great thread...I have a lean to Bama, but would like at least +6...offenseive line play and coaching definitely favor Alabama in this one...

My gut really says Bama

Why? Problem I have with Clemson is they beat up on the sisters of the poor but when a physical, fundamental run stuffing team comes along and shuts Davis and Spiller down and they get into a Tight ballgame, they always come out on the bottom end.

See BC or Georgia Tech, or VT last year.

I see Bama fitting that mold. They will shutdown the run, only ? is new lb's and a step out of position can turn into a big play. I see them being adequate though.

I do have more faith in Saban getting his team ready. Bama played tremendously in some big games last year. Lots of close games, more coniditioned for this type of game.

--Teams vs. other conference. Bama lost to FSU, defensive stalemate, diff being deep balls to tall receivers.

--Clemson Auburn OT. Actually encouraged by that game for Clemson.

I see Bama really solid on offense. Clemson solid on defense.

Clemson OL in 06 avgeraged 5.7ypc, 218 per, 15 sacks. Lost 4 starters but Richardson came back and guards had started the past. They declined to 4.1ypc and 35 sacks. This year they lose both tackles and RG. Brohead says talent seems really good filling in except at LG. I expect them to take another step back like they did last year, and decrease from the 4.1.

---Not the best time to be going green on OL against a good run D, and that's been the MO to beating Clemson. Advantage Bama.

I do have more faith in Bama on key situations 3rd down pickups and what not. I think they are more mentally tough.

BC and Auburn playing man did well against Harper. I did see Harper look absolutely confused against Bud Foster, I like Bama's secondary here.

Will be interesting to see Bama's spread. Solid on O but never too dynamic. If they could be more open better spacing on offense that could be the difference as well.

Great points, and let me try to address some of them here...

Probably the biggest disappointment for me one season ago was Clemson's run production vs. the better defensive front sevens they faced. There's no denying that my Tigers had very little success vs. the more physical teams on their schedule. The one thing that does provide me some encouragement as we head into the Bama game, is the youthfulness and inexperience of the Tide linebacker corps. As previously discussed Clemson is loaded with skill talent, and poor angles, over pursuit, or out of position play from that young linbacking corps could result in big plays for the Tiger offense, especially with a guy like Spiller who is a threat to take it the distance on any play. I expect OC Rob Spence to take advantage of misdirections, slip screens, and utilizing his backs out of the backfield to negate some of the upfield penetration that will come as result of Bama surely stacking the box. I have enough faith in this Clemson skill personnel to at least do some damage in the open field vs. a young middle of the defense for the Tide. It's not that I expect Clemson to move the ball relentlessly against the Bama Defense, however given enough opportunities, I think its reasonable to expect some damage to result.

As for the condition of the team, I think this point is negligable. I can honestly say that after following Clemson for two decades, this is the deepest and most talented team since the 1991 season. Coicendentally the last time Clemson managed to win the conference. Aside from the LB corps and OL, Clemson is light years ahead of where they were just a few seasons ago in regards to skilled depth. I don't think conditioning will factor into the equation for either team. I trust that Bama is equally as well conditioned as my Tigers.

In regards to Saban. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Saban, especially given his defensive coaching resume. However with the exception of BC a year ago, Clemson has generally shown well in big game situations/stages. Their issue has not been performing vs. ranked opponents, but rather slipping against lesser opponents that they clearly should beat.

I'm certainly curious as to your thoughts on the Bama offense vs. the Clemson defense. I will break down the defense for the Tigers a bit later, but I'll be honest this where I see Clemson as having the biggest advantage. Given JPW's tendacy to make some critical mistakes, given the youthfullness of Bama's receiving corps, and given the experience and talent returning to the Clemson defense, I just can't see Bama having a great deal of success offensiviely. It's this area that helps me to lean towards Clemson actually covering as I see a 24-14 kind of game. In brief, Clemson returns seven starters from a top 10 unit a year ago, and Phil Steele predicts them to finish second nationally in total defense to OSU this season. Again, I'll go over the personnel on that side of the ball when I have a bit more time.

Let's keep the discussion going...

brohead

regarding the JPW comment above, I agree his play has been suspect, at best, but what you'll see in McElwain's new offensive scheme is a ton of three step drops and quick slants to get the ball out of the QBs hand quick. This eliminates the potential for JPW's fumblitis that he suffers from when he gets hit, and it also takes a lot of the decision making out of his hands. He has a primary receiver presnap, and can check down to another after reading the defense. If you look at the Tennessee game from last year, this is the style of offense that Major Applewhite ran (just for this game) and I thought this was going to be the emergence of a great QB at Bama, however after the game, that playbook was scrapped, and back down to mediocrity we go. But that game was amazing because every play set up the next, and I've never seen a defense so confused. This is what I anticipate the new offense to look like consistently. JPW will be comfortable in the pocket, get the ball out of his hands quickly, and let Julio do the rest... :D

That kid is amazing, by the way. He is the real deal, and is going to make a lot of money one day...

All that to say I think that Clemson's pass rush will be taken out of the game for the most part, which it is obviously always a good thing to not let a team take advantage of their strengths.

I'm fired up about this game! I just think, not only as a Bama fan, but as a college football fan, that this is going to be a very entertaining game to watch. :cheers:

Great points, and let me try to address some of them here...

Probably the biggest disappointment for me one season ago was Clemson's run production vs. the better defensive front sevens they faced. There's no denying that my Tigers had very little success vs. the more physical teams on their schedule. The one thing that does provide me some encouragement as we head into the Bama game, is the youthfulness and inexperience of the Tide linebacker corps. As previously discussed Clemson is loaded with skill talent, and poor angles, over pursuit, or out of position play from that young linbacking corps could result in big plays for the Tiger offense, especially with a guy like Spiller who is a threat to take it the distance on any play. I expect OC Rob Spence to take advantage of misdirections, slip screens, and utilizing his backs out of the backfield to negate some of the upfield penetration that will come as result of Bama surely stacking the box. I have enough faith in this Clemson skill personnel to at least do some damage in the open field vs. a young middle of the defense for the Tide. It's not that I expect Clemson to move the ball relentlessly against the Bama Defense, however given enough opportunities, I think its reasonable to expect some damage to result.

As for the condition of the team, I think this point is negligable. I can honestly say that after following Clemson for two decades, this is the deepest and most talented team since the 1991 season. Coicendentally the last time Clemson managed to win the conference. Aside from the LB corps and OL, Clemson is light years ahead of where they were just a few seasons ago in regards to skilled depth. I don't think conditioning will factor into the equation for either team. I trust that Bama is equally as well conditioned as my Tigers.

In regards to Saban. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Saban, especially given his defensive coaching resume. However with the exception of BC a year ago, Clemson has generally shown well in big game situations/stages. Their issue has not been performing vs. ranked opponents, but rather slipping against lesser opponents that they clearly should beat.

I'm certainly curious as to your thoughts on the Bama offense vs. the Clemson defense. I will break down the defense for the Tigers a bit later, but I'll be honest this where I see Clemson as having the biggest advantage. Given JPW's tendacy to make some critical mistakes, given the youthfullness of Bama's receiving corps, and given the experience and talent returning to the Clemson defense, I just can't see Bama having a great deal of success offensiviely. It's this area that helps me to lean towards Clemson actually covering as I see a 24-14 kind of game. In brief, Clemson returns seven starters from a top 10 unit a year ago, and Phil Steele predicts them to finish second nationally in total defense to OSU this season. Again, I'll go over the personnel on that side of the ball when I have a bit more time.

Let's keep the discussion going...

brohead

I meant conditioned in the sense of being involved in battles week in and week out to where they might perform better in a close game and dealing with the pressure and coming up with big plays. Not necessarily due to physical training, although it might play an impact, but more to experience. I've noticed if the game ends under a touchdown difference, Clemson usually is on the bottom end.

You make a good point that with such skill players it is difficult to stop big plays for all 4 quarters.

The Clemson defense will be really solid no question. I love their interior people and their known for ends and they have them this year. They lose 2 linebackersand their #1 tackler Nick Watkins. Billie is not a loss, Watkins some but I don't see a problem there. The secondary is exp and good not much to say.

Bama great Oline I hear Wilson is looking really sharp, wr's only concern in my mind.

---Certaintly at times their O was the problem a year ago. They don't have the Spillers or Davis on O (Julio Jones?), but I don't see them being overwhelmed by this Clemson defense. Bama has faced this kind of defense on numerous occasions last year. They didn't put up huge numbers and I don't expect Bama to put up huge numbers in this game, I just expect them to methodically move the ball, and I love that Oline for Bama. They will negate pass rush and I think they could possibly run later in the game. Neither of these defenses were "super" against the run last year, I know GT, VT, and Auburn ran about 45 times over 150 on the Tigers, GT and VT didn't even bother to pass the ball.

I haven't decided if I'm going to bet this game. It could turn out where both teams are even just about everywhere and the difference is Clemson's ability to make some more explosive plays, like FSU vs. Bama last year.

Or it could be the difference is Oline experience.

---how are these units looking in scrimmages?

SEC alumnus non-analysis take:
Clemson rolls...Bama not Roll Tide quite yet. (Another year or two of Saban recruiting classes needed plus Clemson loaded with talent and Spence is a helluva OC.)

28-10 Clemson...:cheers:

Clemson rolls...Bama not Roll Tide quite yet. (Another year or two of Saban recruiting classes needed plus Clemson loaded with talent and Spence is a helluva OC.)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKjxFJfcrcA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKjxFJfcrcA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jk of course. game could easily end up 28-10... not sure we can contain the running game. that's where it'll have to happen

sorry to disturb the unbiased discussion... but we're less than a week away from football, and not much further from being shithoused in the GA dome. its almost time to get rowdy

just playing devils advocate a little bit, i am not playing this game. But why does everyone assume that the clemson losses in the offensive line are so easily replaced that they are a top 7-10 team but no one seems to think Bama's recent recruiting classes are going to pay dividends ?

I could see this game going a lot of different ways. Going to be fun to watch.

i'm with you in not playying this game. it could be 35-17 bama victory too. just so many ways this game could go. i really think if bama can keep the speedy RBs from breaking the big one, its a win. that and JPW can not fumble the ball on his own 3 for a TD to give up the winning score.

there's just no way to break this one down accurately.

i'm with you in not playying this game. it could be 35-17 bama victory too. just so many ways this game could go. i really think if bama can keep the speedy RBs from breaking the big one, its a win. that and JPW can not fumble the ball on his own 3 for a TD to give up the winning score.

there's just no way to break this one down accurately.

Could not agree more bud. I won't be surprised at any score

just throw it up JP. listen to rex grossman

Low_fd788795fa2d4ab.jpg

Also, why in the fuck would anyone consider this a good game to bet? Out of all the other games out there, this is one that warrants a play? lmao good luck finding an edge in this one that warrants laying or getting 5. i wouldn't be surprised with a CU blowout, or a CU loss. Too many unknown variable in this game to be able to cap correctly.

However it is the perfect game to watch for the pure love of the sport and to also to get a better feel for each team which could pad your pockets in the next several games. Also just wait a week on CU and regardless of outcome gainst Bama, take them 1H and TT Hova the following week at home against Shitadel.

Words of Wisdom boys 'an_horse'

think it'll be a closer game than that...but nevertheless, i'd love to see that final score.

I lean Bama here, but what I will really be looking at is Tulane vs Bama in Wk2 if Bama loses the opener against Clemson. It will be a double-digit spread, but I think Bama covers it as Saban has to restore the Tuscaloosa crazies confidence in him.

I lean Bama here, but what I will really be looking at is Tulane vs Bama in Wk2 if Bama loses the opener against Clemson. It will be a double-digit spread, but I think Bama covers it as Saban has to restore the Tuscaloosa crazies confidence in him.

good point. not to mention this young team is going to be MUCH better after this first game vs a great team.

All I know is this game could go either way. I will be there tailgating all day long for this one. Roll Tide.

agree. was also eyeing that possibility.

I know Clemson DC said some things about Alabama recruits shady tactics --bad idea.

Clemson seems to be tightening up, I saw Bowden talk about concern with Saban having all offseason to attack that Oline.

Tigers don't perform in "over the hump" games.

I know Clemson DC said some things about Alabama recruits shady tactics --bad idea.

Clemson seems to be tightening up, I saw Bowden talk about concern with Saban having all offseason to attack that Oline.

Tigers don't perform in "over the hump" games.
Yeah, I feel that this should be a very good game, but it seems as though Tommy is already making excuses just incase. After he was talking about being worried with Saban having all off season to plot against his offense (as all coaches do), the reporter asked him on a scale from 1 to 10, how confident he felt with his O-line. He replied "5 or 6" and said that they'd have to get a little more experience before he had any confidence in them. That obviously goes without saying, but you don't need to make your feelings public. I just want all the coaches and players to quit talking to the media, and just get prepared to knock the crap out of each other on the field.

This will be THE game of Week 1. SEC average vs ACC's best. Also, from what I'm hearing the most EXPENSIVE TICKETS EVER in the Georgia Dome.

Bama is very talented and physical BUT Clemson is fired up guys and they are more experienced... AND they are playing on turf AND their last game was in this same Georgia Dome.

Wouldn't touch the first half but all last year, Bama just fell apart in the second half. They did not have enough subs to go four quarters.

Those Clemson backs will be fast on this turf. Public all over Bama because SEC and Bama's not losing by 7 points last year.

I wanna bet Bama but putting SMALL amount of coin on Clemson. One or two units tops.

Will watch EVERY second of this game for future action though !!!!!

Brad Edwards BCS stats guru had a very interesting stat.

---Bama in red zone (goal line) situations. I don't remember the specifics, but they were basically last in the country. They never scored a touchdown in a goal line situation and never stopped the opposing offense into at least kicking a field goal.

Brad Edwards BCS stats guru had a very interesting stat.

---Bama in red zone (goal line) situations. I don't remember the specifics, but they were basically last in the country. They never scored a touchdown in a goal line situation and never stopped the opposing offense into at least kicking a field goal.

And all of Bama's losses were by 7 pts or less

those of you traveling to the game lend me a hand in giving the city of atlanta a big FUCK YOU for deciding to do MAJOR contruction on the main interstates around atlanta on gameday and labor day weekend.

FUCK YOU ATLANTA. my 4 hour drive just turned into 8 hours. again. FUCK YOU

I know it will still be bad but there is no way in hell I would go down on Saturday. I'm planning on getting there Fri at about 8:00

those of you traveling to the game lend me a hand in giving the city of atlanta a big FUCK YOU for deciding to do MAJOR contruction on the main interstates around atlanta on gameday and labor day weekend.

FUCK YOU ATLANTA. my 4 hour drive just turned into 8 hours. again. FUCK YOU
I just waived the finger in Atlanta's general direction. :shake:

Give em hell for those of us not as fortunate as to be in attendance for this one.

yea i'll be starting my drive Friday at 6EST. planned to arrive at 10EST but itll probably 1 or 2 am because of htis

Back