• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Chris Paul...

Pacers
toronto with VC
Bucks loaded team with big dawg, ray allen etc

u see 76ers roster dont u?????

Pacers.. Overrated miller..team
raps had vc and ????
bucks loaded.. Haha... Loaded with guys who like to chuck and not get back on defense ...

raps had vc and ????
bucks loaded.. Haha... Loaded with guys who like to chuck and not get back on defense ...

go blow chris paul
he has time, no games, no practice

AI's path to the final was a joke compared to the loaded west right now...that said, I will withhold any commentary as to who was the better player.

Not blowing him just pointing out it's not all him...his team, the teams he faces, but everyone wants to blame him

No, really no one was blaming him alone. Granted, the first post Emkee made may have certainly seemed that way, but he's since clarified and made more comments on the issue.

There is at least one guy in here though who won't give any blame to CP3. That's just as ridiculous as saying that he's all to blame, wouldn't you agree?

raps had vc and ????

But now we've moved the goalposts. The directive was to name another PG who took a team to the Finals solely on his back. At least one was named...and LeBron if we're being honest about it, so two were named.

No, really no one was blaming him alone. Granted, the first post Emkee made may have certainly seemed that way, but he's since clarified and made more comments on the issue.

There is at least one guy in here though who won't give any blame to CP3. That's just as ridiculous as saying that he's all to blame, wouldn't you agree?
Agree,,, team sport ,, where can you get better to help your team,, some guys can't get better, gm needs to replace them..

but larry
the nba was sooooo bad back in 2000-2001 lol
pacers should have been playing the ymca
the other teams, horrible.. sam cassell, ray allen, glen rob in their primes,, awful team

But now we've moved the goalposts. The directive was to name another PG who took a team to the Finals solely on his back. At least one was named...and LeBron if we're being honest about it, so two were named.

Ya I am cool with ai making it ,,, lebrons team was trash and he carried them ... But not a pg...

Ya I am cool with ai making it ,,, lebrons team was trash and he carried them ... But not a pg...

Like I said, he's technically not a PG....but he was on that team, wasn't he? He had the ball in his hands as much as any other PG in the league.

Agree,,, team sport ,, where can you get better to help your team,, some guys can't get better, gm needs to replace them..

For sure. The problem in LA is that Doc is currently their GM. And as we've said in this thread a few times, he's a worse GM than he is a coach, and that's saying something.

For sure. The problem in LA is that Doc is currently their GM. And as we've said in this thread a few times, he's a worse GM than he is a coach, and that's saying something.
Doc the GM lol
will he give his son a max deal?

Hopefully I'm not the target of that statement but yeah, that is just as ridiculous. Game 6 was the key and I lay it at the feet of Paul, Rivers and Griffin...in that order as a matter of fact. Still would take CP3 as my PG.

Hopefully I'm not the target of that statement but yeah, that is just as ridiculous. Game 6 was the key and I lay it at the feet of Paul, Rivers and Griffin...in that order as a matter of fact. Still would take CP3 as my PG.

No, not at all. It's Cliff Paul, the guy who stated that LeBron is a ball hog (and then used 5 games worth of shots to try and prove that, even though JR Smith was out for 2 of those games, Love was out for all of them, and Kyrie was clearly gimpy and not himself in those games as well). LeBron is literally the anti-ball hog, and again, has been taken to task for that many, many times in his career.

Like I said, he's technically not a PG....but he was on that team, wasn't he? He had the ball in his hands as much as any other PG in the league.

I understand what you are saying... Harden has the ball in his hand as much , still not a pg carrying the team... Just looking for pg's........ Point being very very hard to do as a pg

I understand what you are saying... Harden has the ball in his hand as much , still not a pg carrying the team... Just looking for pg's........ Point being very very hard to do as a pg

If we're going to be that technical, AI wasn't a PG either.

I was going to say that but I thought they listed him as the pg and the other guards as the shorting guuard??

Nope. In fact, there were 4 actual PGs on that roster. Eric Snow, Kevin Ollie, Vernon Maxwell, and Pepe Sanchez.

Eric Snow was the PG of that Sixer team.

Lebron being a ball hog is a joke; he's as close to Magic Johnson as I've seen since ole' Buck graced the court.

Iverson wasn't the point guard, Eric Snow ran the offense when it wasn't Iverson jacking up every shot. Likewise LeBron ran the Cavs offense in 2007 despite not being labeled as the pg.

Lebron being a ball hog is a joke; he's as close to Magic Johnson as I've seen since ole' Buck graced the court.

Well the guy you're seemingly agreeing with in this thread is hell bent that LeBron is a ball hog. He also mentioned Derrick Rose as a ball hog, even though he only shot the ball 2 times more per game than CP3 this year, and only 3 times more per game in his career....then he claimed that Rose missed a bunch of games so the shots per game were skewed....hahahahahahaha.

Then snow ended up on Cavs team , same role?

Well he ended up on Cavs team, but as AK pointed out (like I did), LeBron was the PG of that Cavs team. There's not much to debate on that imo, LeBron was the PG.

Well he ended up on Cavs team, but as AK pointed out (like I did), LeBron was the PG of that Cavs team. There's not much to debate on that imo, LeBron was the PG.
thats not what it says on the back of his basketball card
so then its not real man

So basically there had never been a traditional pg to carry his team
this was the original question...

Sure, but Chris Paul hasn't done it either, AND he has a perennial all star on his roster with him. He hasn't even made it as far as the Conference Finals. Having 2 guys who've made it to the Finals with less, who really weren't PG's, but were actually playing the role of PG has to mean something....doesn't it?

But whether or not LeBron is a 'traditional PG' (he's not), he was certainly the PG on that Cavs team. Like, he literally brought the ball up the court, it wasn't just that he had it in his hands as much as a PG would.

enough of this guys
twinkie knows some people that are mourning over mr. BB king. they live in mississippi. lets think about that right now... enough of the pg or not pg talk

Sure, but Chris Paul hasn't done it either, AND he has a perennial all star on his roster with him. He hasn't even made it as far as the Conference Finals. Having 2 guys who've made it to the Finals with less, who really weren't PG's, but were actually playing the role of PG has to mean something....doesn't it?

But whether or not LeBron is a 'traditional PG' (he's not), he was certainly the PG on that Cavs team. Like, he literally brought the ball up the court, it wasn't just that he had it in his hands as much as a PG would.

Look at it the other way, lebron can do pauls job and his traditional job , actually more than that... Paul can't do lebrons job... 1 guy can literally play 5 different positions (probably 5),

my point is it is very difficult for a pg to carry his team

Look at it the other way, lebron can do pauls job and his traditional job , actually more than that... Paul can't do lebrons job... 1 guy can literally play 5 different positions (probably 5),

my point is it is very difficult for a pg to carry his team

What about AI though? He can play 2 positions, just like CP3...and he carried his team to the Finals with a fraction of what CP3 has now. I'm being somewhat facetious with the AI comment, no need to reply....BUT...

Either way, as I mentioned before, the whole "traditional PG" is pretty much gone in today's NBA. There are a handful of them left...the rest play the game like Westbrook or AI. Maybe CP3 should actually look to shoot more, and play more like Westbrook, since it seems no other "traditional PG" is seeing much success in today's NBA. Off the top of my head, Tony Parker would be the only one..and he's had a great supporting cast and a HOF head coach. Kyrie plays like Westbrook, Harden is the PG of the Rockets for all intents and purposes, and Steph plays like Westbrook as well. So, 3 of the 4 teams in the Conference Finals this year do not have, what one would consider, a "traditional PG."

Last edited by a moderator:
At least we don't get to see Paul continually get his ankles broken by Curry's crossover.

It's been fun, moving on...

there are no traditional PGs anymore
well a few.. Mike Conley comes to mind
the sixers want deangelo russell from the buckeyes, he is a combo guard thats the way it is anymore

Dude is the best defensive point guard in the League !!!!

RW is much much much better defender both on ball and off the ball, interrupting passing lanes...

Doc has huge blame, Blake as well - no doubt.

Out of all the players on Clips roster, he is the one we should blame the least. But... He still has a blame on him.

1) Few dumb turnovers in absolutely crucial moments
2) You're the point guard and the best player for your team - you got to make others better
3) He is considered by many (including myself) as the best point guard of his generation (between Nash and RW) and have yet to reach Conference Finals, not to mention won anything.
He is the one that allowed Clips to have their melt down in Game 6. He was on the floor and couldn't rally the troops (or go off himself with only 7 points during Rockets comeback). He couldn't get himself or his teammates in the right set of mind, coming to Game 7. Last year, he handed the series to the Thunder on a silver platter.
He had very nice roster with the Hornets twice, back in NO days and still couldn't make it to the WC Finals.

He is a great player, but he is a loser. If Stockton and many others were stopped by one team, that was above their generation, than CP3 lost on the playoffs to a bunch of teams. Spurs, Lakers, Rockets, Thunder, Memphis (and I think Denver as well). You can't make a point about all the other that didn't win the ring and still all time greats, because a) all of them reached at least Conference Finals b) Usually they had one team stand in their way that was simply better - Bulls, Boston, Lakers are the obvious suspects. That's not the case with Paul.
Clippers were huge favorites to win the series. Rockets banged up, not a strong team mentally and have a very easy to read stars and yet....
Did you see the slides with the percentages? At one moment in Game 6, it was 99.9% chances for Clips to win... If the team losses, no way that team's best player comes out clean...

If I want to win a 'ship, I'm not taking CP3. Good regular season numbers only get you so far.

Not even a question!
RW, Curry, Kyrie, Wall, Conley, TP I will take for sure before CP3, if I want a title. Not saying they are better players - just not losers in my eyes (again just my opinion). I would maybe even consider to take Teague, Hill and Bledsoe as far as helping my team to win the title.
I don't know what's about him, but he somehow reeks from losing... The why he bitches about everything all the time, the way he is mad at his team mates every game and many other things.
I never had the feeling, watching him, that he is the leader of a championship team.

He is amazing player, he is a leader, he has tons of great things about him... But he is a loser.
Nash never won anything, but he got to WC Finals and if not for ejections... And he has absolutely different body language.
I honesly thought that Game 7 winning shot changed something in CP3. That is a shot that can transform a player, but it didn't, despite the fact that he was acting more mature in Rockets series.

And btw... CP3 supporters say that Clips are a joke of a franchise. That's obviously true.
But... CP3 is the one that chose to resign with them in 2013. He made his choice.

And to be honest, they are the perfect fit. Two ultimate losers. IF they somehow break through and manage to win a ship, they might as well do it together...

If you are mad at Chris Paul for that loss today then you got some serious issues and obviously know very little about the game of basketball.

CP3 played well today. He was the only Clipper to appear. But, he still made few dumb mistakes and crucial turnovers to freakin Prigioni and more than that, I expect from him as PG and team's best player to prevent things like the melt down in Game 6 and the start of Game 7 and the end of 3rd quarter.
You do realize that all three runs that Rockets made, were with CP3 on the floor. Clippers made it a three point game in the third quarter and suddenly boom... it's 17. CP3 with crucial turn overs + didn't close out his players.

It's all a question of point of view. IF CP3 would have been 3 times champion, Finals MVP and so on, I probably wouldn't have blamed him here. But, when he already has a loser tag on his back, this series didn't do anything to think otherwise and actually the opposite...

Sure there has been. Isiah Thomas was the best player on those Detroit back 2 back teams and definitely the team leader. Magic was the best player when the Lakers repeated right before that.

Sure there has been. Isiah Thomas was the best player on those Detroit back 2 back teams and definitely the team leader. Magic was the best player when the Lakers repeated right before that.
sir, not sure they are traditional PGs via the websters dictionary

the team was exhausted...had absolutely nothing left in their legs....especially BG

I gotta call bullshit here. Emotionally exhausted after Game 6? Absolutely. The playoffs are the easiest part of season schedule-wise with no b2b's, no 3 in 4's or 4 in 5's....and there were 2 FULL days off between games. They were not exhausted. That is blasphemy.

30, 28 and 27. Those are Griffen's scoring outputs in the past 3 games.

Blake was great in the series till 4th quarter of Game 6 after the already thought series was over. He was average in Game 7(compared to his playoffs to date...

I'm not even kidding, I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention LeBron and 'ball hog' in the same sentence.

Yeah, LeBron can be frustrating in his unselfish ways many times in the past 5-6 years.

relax sonny ok he is the only 8 time all star to NEVER make the conference finals.. well him and dominque

I am sure there are more. I looked up GHill but he only made 7 all-star games...only 2 after his 5 seasons in Detroit due to the obvious..

Chris Paul played great today and it does not matter what his stat line says.

Guys like Reddick, Barnes and Austin Rivers are the ones who forgot to play basketball today.

If you are mad at Chris Paul for that loss today then you got some serious issues and obviously know very little about the game of basketball.

I cannot remember offhand, but at halftime as i looked at the box I was very underwhelmed with CP3...he had a good 2nd half trying to comeback but stats don't always tell the truth...

Clippers are the Detroit Lions of the NBA. Just don't know what it is like to win. Some franchises are just a cesspool of shit and they qualify.

This is true. Anyone else read the Deadspin articles on Clippers from guys back in the 70's and 80's from last week. Phenomenal read...

Had crap around him for years. Made the Finals with a lesser team than the Clippers current roster.

NBA was so bad back then. It was the Lakers and to a lesser extent the Kings...and Spurs I guess...that was it...awful awful era for NBA..

Love CP3...great PG...the fact is that late 3rd quarter if Game 6 they thought the series was over. Anyone who watched the first 4 games would say the same(Rox had their 'last stand' so-to-speak in Game 5). They quit sorta and Doc said as much...momentum is a strange thing and they couldn't break away from it that night in 4th when it got close and they got behind..

Nope. In fact, there were 4 actual PGs on that roster. Eric Snow, Kevin Ollie, Vernon Maxwell, and Pepe Sanchez.

Vernon was always a shooting guard. Definitely never been confused for a PG.

Exactly on Bron and Magic comparison

enough of this guys
twinkie knows some people that are mourning over mr. BB king. they live in mississippi. lets think about that right now... enough of the pg or not pg talk

lmfao

Very true. Since then we have had MJ, Hakeem, the Spurs twin towers and forwards be the faces of teams...people forget...

sir, not sure they are traditional PGs via the websters dictionary

Um? Isiah is the definition of a PG....18 and 9 no problem...ran the team...would go off-ball if he was in one of his zones to get better looks...

CP3 is still the closest to Isiah I have seen...just not with the clutchness and takeover ability in playoffs...

Magic obviously not traditional but still had the ball most times and ran the team...

Um? Isiah is the definition of a PG....18 and 9 no problem...ran the team...would go off-ball if he was in one of his zones to get better looks...

CP3 is still the closest to Isiah I have seen...just not with the clutchness and takeover ability in playoffs...

Magic obviously not traditional but still had the ball most times and ran the team...

i know Isiah was.. just busting balls

Btw,

If the result was a Clippers win today you could totally start a thread about the Beard...

He hasn't been around as long and only became 'first' fiddle in last couple years but he was disappointing through 2 rounds. For anyone to call him MVP is ludicrous.

Great player but he also doesn't have that 'imma take a series over' mentality.

Btw,

If the result was a Clippers win today you could totally start a thread about the Beard...

He hasn't been around as long and only became 'first' fiddle in last couple years but he was disappointing through 2 rounds. For anyone to call him MVP is ludicrous.

watch ur back

beard coming for u

Btw,

Maybe it was the time of the post or a few cocktails deep..... but this line is ludicrous..

As I am sure you know the MVP is for the regular season only and to say this is well.....Ludicrous...

Maybe it was the time of the post or a few cocktails deep..... but this line is ludicrous..

As I am sure you know the MVP is for the regular season only and to say this is well.....Ludicrous...

Not really bud...

I get it is for regular season but he has simply been very underwhelming as a Rocket in the playoffs...

Back