Chief killed his Gf and then himself

Why is the NFL playing this game tomorrow? Are you effin kidding me? These teams are going nowhere. Show some compassion and cancel the damn game.

Think the Chiefs wear patches on their uniforms? Reminds me a little of when Chris Benoit died - WWE held a big thing for him right after the fact, then once word spread that he'd murdered his wife and son, they pretty much wiped their hands clean of him.

Compassion for a murderer?

Its not the easiest thing to just cancel an NFL football game.

Cancel the f'in game. Its not just about the murderer u turd.

I would love to smack the shit outta u kid

Cancel the f'in game. Its not just about the murderer u turd.

I would love to smack the shit outta u kid

The Chiefs called the league and requested to continue with the game. What's the NFL supposed to do with that? Sounds like the Chiefs put them in a tough spot by insisting on playing the game.

I don't care who called who.
cancel the game
Not a hard call

I think the best way for a team to cope with the loss of a teammate is to band together and play. As tragic as it is, rallying around somethin as simple as a football game can be a good thing.

I know if I died the day before a game, I would still want my teammates to play, rather than sit around and cry about it.

I have read this rather contentious thread. The tone is regrettable. While there are opinions on both sides, each with some validity, it is not an 'easy call' concerning what to do with the game. Its going to be hard to continue, but I happen to agree with the decision to play the game. I could give my reasoning but will refrain. It was a sad day yesterday. Good people can do horrible things. We at least know this: (1) extremely sad for the victim's family who lost a loved one without warning (2) extremely sad for the poor 3 month old baby who will grow up without a mother (3) tragically sad for the family of the chief's player whom carry both sadness and guilt (4) horrible for the coach and GM and whoever else that witnessed it. while it would be sad to watch anyone, even worse would be to witness the suicide of someone you know and work with (5) horrible for the victim. who knows what happened shortly before the trigger was pulled and how terrifying it was? and (6) sad for the shooter. don't know for sure, but it appears he acted in 'rage/passion'. this does not make the result any different from a cold & calculating killing, but the killer's state of mind does matter both in the law and in life. He fled to a place where he felt 'at home', his work/locker room...the thing that gave his life meaning to him. His grief, remorse, and yes I am thinking his fear but also apparently a conscience, took hold and his death followed. Had he lived he would have been sent to prison as he should have been. He will not be in prison now. My thought is this: its not an easy call for what the nfl/chiefs should do, and either way they will be criticized by some. We should all be respectful and mindful that none of us holds all the truth nor has the easy answer in this hard situation. I say peace to you all and all you love.

I was only messin with ya bro. Appreciate the kind words, and seriously, it's sad what happened, but...it is what it is.

May he and his girlfriend RIP.

apparently the NFL has given the Chiefs multiple chances to cancel this game and they said no...i understand its therapeutic for some...buts its inconceivable to me

[h=1]Haunting New Details Emerge In The Jovan Belcher Murder-Suicide[/h]
avt-small.jpg
Sean Newell

The Kansas City Star has an exclusive story with chilling new details concerning the final moments of both Kassandra Perkins and Jovan Belcher, gleaned from multiple police sources as the investigation continues.
Police reportedly found Belcher asleep in his Bentley at 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning, near thePower and Light District where he had been partying the night before. They determined he was fit to drive and sent him home. Yelling between he and Perkins began shortly after he arrived home, around 8:00 a.m. His mother heard Belcher yell something like "You can't talk to me like that!" and then gunshots.
Seconds after fatally shooting his longtime girlfriend, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher leaned over her in their master bathroom, said he was sorry and kissed her on the forehead.
His mother, who heard gunfire as she stood in the kitchen, rushed to her son's bedroom and watched his remorseful goodbye.
Belcher apologized to his mother, kissed his 3-month-old daughter and fled his rented home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in his Bentley.
Belcher then took off for the Kansas City Chiefs practice facility where he was first met by general manager Scott Pioli.
Belcher stepped out of his Bentley with a gun pointed at his own head, police said.
"I did it," he said, according to police. "I killed her."
Later, another team employee arrived and Romeo Crennel and linebackers coach Gary Gibbs soon followed.
As Pioli and Crennel tried to reason with Belcher, the men heard police sirens closing in. Belcher then walked a few steps away with the gun still pointed at his head.
"I got to go," Belcher reportedly said. "I can't be here."
Belcher knelt behind a vehicle and made the sign of the cross across his chest before firing a single bullet into his head.
Police speculate that youth, financial issues and arguments over the relationship played a role in what happened. The Kansas City Chiefs were reportedly aware of the issues and were providing counseling for the couple.

[h=1]Report: Jovan Belcher Was Drunk And Out With Another Woman The Night Before The Murder-Suicide[/h]
avt-small.jpg
Dom Cosentino

SI.com's Thayer Evans cites a law enforcement official who says Belcher was out "partying" on Friday night—and not with Kasandra Perkins:
He had been with a woman in the Power and Light District, an area of bars in downtown Kansas City, according to the official who is familiar with statements made by the woman to police.
Belcher and the woman had become separated at some point and he went to her apartment in a complex in Kansas City, but she wasn't there, the official said. According to two of the woman's neighbors, Belcher was intoxicated and they let him stay in their apartment so he could get some sleep.
Belcher asked the neighbors to wake him by 6:30 a.m. because he had a team meeting to get to, telling them, "I'll get fined if I don't make it."

[h=1]Chiefs knew of couple's problems[/h]
Updated: December 4, 2012, 11:47 AM ET
<cite class="source" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal; line-height: 14px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); display: block; overflow: hidden;">ESPN.com news services</cite>

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs officials knew that linebacker Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend were having relationship problems, and the team provided the couple with counseling in an effort to help, a police official said.
Belcher fatally shot Kasandra Perkins, 22, at their Kansas City home Saturday before shooting himself in the head in the Arrowhead Stadium parking lot in front of team officials who were trying to stop him, including general manager Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel.
[h=4]More From ESPN.com[/h]
hill_jemele_m.jpg
The moment of silence for domestic violence victims at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday was sadly fitting, because when it comes to acknowledging violence against women, the sports world is often mute, writes Jemele Hill. Story

<center style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;">
</center>
chadiha_jeff_m.jpg
The Chiefs took their first step toward healing in the wake of tragedy by relying on team unity to persevere and win, writes Jeffri Chadiha.Story

Radio: Mike & Mike | Cris Carter

Police Sgt. Richard Sharp told The Kansas City Star for a Tuesday story that the couple had been arguing over relationship and financial issues for months and that the team had been "bending over backward" trying to help them. Sharp didn't specify how long the couple had been undergoing counseling.
The Star also reported Tuesday that Belcher kissed Perkins on the forehead and apologized to her seconds after fatally shooting her. The scene reportedly was witnessed by Belcher's mother, who was staying with the couple. Belcher then reportedly apologized to his mother, kissed his 3-month daughter, and left his home.
When Belcher arrived at Arrowhead on Saturday, he encountered Pioli in the parking lot and told him the assistance the team had offered hadn't fixed the couple's problems and now "it was too late," Sharp said.
Pioli tried to persuade Belcher to put down his gun as Crennel and linebackers coach Gary Gibbs arrived at the scene.
Belcher thanked the men for everything the team had done for him and asked if Pioli and team owner Clark Hunt would take care of his daughter, The Star reported.
After that, Belcher reportedly said, "Guys, I have to do this."
"I was trying to get him to understand that life is not over," Crennel said Monday. "He still has a chance and let's get this worked out."
When Belcher heard police sirens approaching, he knelt behind a vehicle and shot himself in the head.
Investigators believe Belcher killed himself because he was distraught over shooting Perkins, Sharp said.
"He cared about her," Sharp said. "I don't think he could live with himself."
The night before the killings, Perkins had attended a concert downtown with friends and Belcher had been out at the Power and Light District, police said, while Belcher's mother was watching their 3-month-old baby. Detectives don't know exactly what the couple was arguing about but The Star reported that Belcher was upset that Perkins had stayed out so late.
Meanwhile, Kansas City police spokesman Darin Snapp told ESPN that police received a call around 3 a.m. local time on Saturday about a suspicious person sleeping in a car. When police arrived, they found Jovan Belcher sleeping in his Bentley.
Police determined he had been drinking, but Belcher told them he knew some people in the apartment complex where he was parked and he could sleep there. Police allowed him to do that and said they did not let him drive.
Autopsies with toxicology tests were performed on both bodies but it could be weeks before results are known, police said.
Police spokesman Darin Snapp said Monday that Belcher's mother was given temporary custody of the couple's daughter.

this is such a sad story. i like to make shock value jokes about most things but i cant do it here. its just so f'd up, and as much as Crennel sucks as a coach, this is really ashame he had to go through this. he will never be the same.

crazy how their arguments were over financial problems. He makes more in a year than I have in 4 years at my job.

this is such a sad story. i like to make shock value jokes about most things but i cant do it here. its just so f'd up, and as much as Crennel sucks as a coach, this is really ashame he had to go through this. he will never be the same.

crazy how their arguments were over financial problems. He makes more in a year than I have in 4 years at my job.

he made more this year then you will make (I suspect) in a long time...2 million was his salary this year

"He cared about her," Sharp said.

I don't think shooting somebody 9 times is caring for somebody.

good for you...you must be bankkkkkking it! the guy makes 1.92mil this years...or was set to.... drinks on D-Woww

if that Tox report comes back and he was drunk the KC Police department is going to get sued six ways from sunday by her family

if that Tox report comes back and he was drunk the KC Police department is going to get sued six ways from sunday by her family

the way I read it, he slept at least 5 hours in car... Big dude,, no way he blows DWI levels after 5 hours of rack time... He was just a ticking timebomb IMO--- had violent girl issues at Maine...just what Imma reading... and sounds like he was poor rich which is very common with those guys... If you are around guys making 8 mil, 2 mil is poor and if you live like 8 mil (sounds like he was) and got a gal living beyond that... I can see the finance issues... Its not at all uncommon with these guys to have serious finance issues... Its the same as the guy making $15 an hour livin like he is makin $30 an hour.. different scale but same deal..

I agree with you and I agree that suing the police is absurd. Another example of the common practice of trying to place blame where it doesnt belong. Cops come across shit like this 5x a morning. Hell I was once awoken by a cop in my car in the morning one time when I decided that driving the night before wasn't the smartest idea. He just told me that I made a smart judgement and let me on my way. Not his fault if I went on to go kill somebody.

actually, if they let someone go who was drunk, it would be their fault for not doing their job, would they be responsible for murder? obviously not

but in a culture where people get large settlements because their coffee burned them I would imagine the victims family gets quite a bit

the way I read it, he slept at least 5 hours in car... Big dude,, no way he blows DWI levels after 5 hours of rack time... He was just a ticking timebomb IMO--- had violent girl issues at Maine...just what Imma reading... and sounds like he was poor rich which is very common with those guys... If you are around guys making 8 mil, 2 mil is poor and if you live like 8 mil (sounds like he was) and got a gal living beyond that... I can see the finance issues... Its not at all uncommon with these guys to have serious finance issues... Its the same as the guy making $15 an hour livin like he is makin $30 an hour.. different scale but same deal..
I think the most recent report had him sleeping in his car about 2:30 when cops woke him up and he said he was waiting for his girlfriend. They suspected he'd been drinking but didn't think he was drunk. They asked him to call his "girlfriend" which he did. A girl answered and let him in. Two women said he left that apt at 6:30 after being asked to be woken up because he had a team meeting at 9:30. He went home, argued with his real girfriend, and then shot her nine times.

Maybe they thought he wasn't drunk (maybe he wasn't) or maybe the let him go because he was a Chief. The latter would be strange though as nowadays cops seem more eager to book a famous athlete then cut them a break.

They let him go because he wasnt driving and he had a place to sleep. In my opinion, thast being a reasonable cop. being drunk is not illegal.

Being drunk in public is a crime. The DIP squad is what they call the folks brought in for it.

hell it's what Otis the Drunk was famous for on Andy Griffith lol, dude would just take his drunk ass directly to the cell at night

In Ohio if you are over the limit you can't even have your keys in the car if you are sleeping it off....it's considered within reach and you can get a ovi/physical control...you basically have to throw them like 30 feet from your car lol

being drunk ina car with keys encourages drunk driving

How u think he got there??!!!

I know in my experience, there have been times when I drink, go to my car, and realize that im not capable of driving home, and if I do then i am a danger to myself and other people, and could end up in jail.

so I nap it off in the car. Where else am I going to sleep it off? Where else should I go? Knowing that you can still get in trouble for sleeping in your car, which was the responsible thing to do, could lead someone to say "fuck it if i can get in trouble fir this i might as well try to drive"

I guess im lucky I didnt get caught, but if I did, it would have been bullshit for me to get in legal trouble for making the responsible decision to sleep it off instead of drive

I know in my experience, there have been times when I drink, go to my car, and realize that im not capable of driving home, and if I do then i am a danger to myself and other people, and could end up in jail.

so I nap it off in the car. Where else am I going to sleep it off? Where else should I go? Knowing that you can still get in trouble for sleeping in your car, which was the responsible thing to do, could lead someone to say "fuck it if i can get in trouble fir this i might as well try to drive"

I guess im lucky I didnt get caught, but if I did, it would have been bullshit for me to get in legal trouble for making the responsible decision to sleep it off instead of drive
It's neither here nor there nor the point of the thread, but obviously the responsible decision would have been to not drink to the point of inebriation when you know you have to drive yourself home.

or call a cab

Or, in ridiculously rich athletes' cases, HIRE A FUCKING DRIVER! For the price of a Bentley, an athlete could probably have a driver take him any and everywhere he wants/needs to go for 7-10 years. Absolutely blows my mind that most athletes don't have a driver to take them places, especially when they will be drinking.

Or, in ridiculously rich athletes' cases, HIRE A FUCKING DRIVER! For the price of a Bentley, an athlete could probably have a driver take him any and everywhere he wants/needs to go for 7-10 years. Absolutely blows my mind that most athletes don't have a driver to take them places, especially when they will be drinking.

They have free 24 hr car service which makes it worse.

And not sure about you, but my job doesnt offer free couseling sessions for me and my wife much less baby mama

ridic

Congrats for his daughter and someone else getting the cash on the life insurance but normally suicide negates life insurance policies. Guess not in the NFL

Back