Championship Week Discussion Thread

I’m leaning Oregon tbh, I think they will have success on the ground. But over looks appealing too

oh they will absolutely have success on the ground, which in turn will prob lead to some big plays on play action. Ducks average about 15 yards per completion!! I don’t think scoring will be a issue for either side! Who can get a few stops probably determine the winner. Ducks kicker hasn’t been very good, I dunno if they need him but could be a problem.

lot of good discussion this week.

army - air force - didn't air force lose like half their starters because they weren't planning on playing a season and are on 3rd stringers ? heard something about that - regardless they look pretty good this year but if that's the case have to be down from last year. Army the thing that sticks out is that defense. When they held cincinnati down to 69 rushing yards i was impressed - just thinking that army defense was a sib last year. One of the biggest transformations from year to year this season? how would georgia southern fare against air force ? Not sure I have a lean on this game I like army but air force being able to pass would be an advantage.

Florida - bama - certainly bama is the appealing side but if you think about it Florida from arkansas and prior was nails. Potent and blowing out teams like bama. The lsu loss may have been able to see that coming more because gators were trending down against vandy, kentucky tennessee. I'm not sure why the downward trend.

Think Florida vs Joe Burrow and LSU last year- they showed themselves to be a great dog. And if pitts is back, and they come out like they did vs georgia and arkansas - florida should cover this number. florida still outgained lsu by 200 yards last week . And I took bama earlier but can now see florida covering

It would be hard for me to believe a Cadet would quit playing, regardless of situation. That does not bode well for the future of the armed forces. These young people are the most successful individuals in our services, as they rise through ranks quicker than those that attend the 8 week officer training schools. They specialize in a career and are more likely to receive a grade of O-9 (General/Admiral). They would be stunting their own career by leaving the team.

army - air force - didn't air force lose like half their starters because they weren't planning on playing a season and are on 3rd stringers ? heard something about that - regardless they look pretty good this year but if that's the case have to be down from last year. Army the thing that sticks out is that defense. When they held cincinnati down to 69 rushing yards i was impressed - just thinking that army defense was a sib last year. One of the biggest transformations from year to year this season? how would georgia southern fare against air force ? Not sure I have a lean on this game I like army but air force being able to pass would be an advantage.

Florida - bama - certainly bama is the appealing side but if you think about it Florida from arkansas and prior was nails. Potent and blowing out teams like bama. The lsu loss may have been able to see that coming more because gators were trending down against vandy, kentucky tennessee. I'm not sure why the downward trend.

Think Florida vs Joe Burrow and LSU last year- they showed themselves to be a great dog. And if pitts is back, and they come out like they did vs georgia and arkansas - florida should cover this number. florida still outgained lsu by 200 yards last week . And I took bama earlier but can now see florida covering

i certainly don’t care about the lsu loss when it comes to this game. Don’t ya think if you liked gators it be more prudent to simply play the over? Absolutely seems like one them games where if dog competes it flies over!! Both these teams go for more than 7 yards per play! Both go for over 10 per pass and 14-15 per completion! Both defenses allow 11+ per completion. Feels like bombs away!!! 74.5 a monster number but in these situations when I lean to the dog I just feel like there more ways to win with the over. If Gators stay within 17 it gotta go over I think. Even if they don’t stay within number could still see it hitting 80!! Just my 2 cents on it as I don’t have the stones to be against bama who just looks far and away the best team in the country and a offensive juggernaut!!

Florida wasn't quite that against A&M, a team that Alabama toyed with. I'll give Florida its offense especially if Pitts is playing. But undisciplined teams with little / no defense don't fare well against Bama teams buttoned up, and more, on both sides of the ball. But especially buttoned up on the sidelines.

We'll see.

Coaches and their big mouths. Doesn't matter what Mullen really meant but stupid to give Saban any additional edge for wanting to plow Florida.

Florida coach Dan Mullen said whether his team can reach the College Football Playoff with two losses is ultimately out of his control, but that didn't stop him from projecting confidence heading into a showdown with No. 1 Alabama in the SEC championship game.

"We'll think about that on Saturday night after we win," Mullen said Thursday of the potential debate.

Great stuff, appreciate the response! Yeah I am kinda surprised it is still at 64 as I grabbed the Buffalo one at 66.5 and it has gone up a point and I expect it to go even higher as we approach kickoff on Friday.

I should have got on the Buffalo over when you did. Damn thing be 70 by time I go to play it. Lol

Coaches and their big mouths. Doesn't matter what Mullen really meant but stupid to give Saban any additional edge for wanting to plow Florida.

Florida coach Dan Mullen said whether his team can reach the College Football Playoff with two losses is ultimately out of his control, but that didn't stop him from projecting confidence heading into a showdown with No. 1 Alabama in the SEC championship game.

"We'll think about that on Saturday night after we win," Mullen said Thursday of the potential debate.

lmfao. You expect that from the players not the head coach. Awful Ballsy to be mouthing off after getting beat by LSU!! Lol

A lot of people say that coaches often are speaking directly to his team and the players at times in the press conference. Looks to me that is clearly the case this week.

I really don't think that if somebody called Alabama a bunch of homos it would matter. They Bama. They don't need anything additional for the SEC Title game in Atlanta. It's Saban. It's the standard. This is the playoff.

I don't believe the comments will have any effect on what the Alabama players do. Mullen is trying to boost the confidence of his own team.

Now, Mullen is a dick. Wilson throwing the shoe could be directly connected to Mullen's lack of self discipline. Remember Mullen coming back out of the halftime tunnel to throw his arms up in the air to stir the home fans up post the bench clearing scuffle? Teams are a reflection of their coach. A coach that does stupid things will see his players do stupid things....like throwing a shoe 20+ yards after a third down stop. But right here, from a Gator perspective, I like saying "we'll worry about that after we win".

Florida wasn't quite that against A&M, a team that Alabama toyed with. I'll give Florida its offense especially if Pitts is playing. But undisciplined teams with little / no defense don't fare well against Bama teams buttoned up, and more, on both sides of the ball. But especially buttoned up on the sidelines.

We'll see.

I'm a big situational bettor. That was a defining game for Texas A&M. For Florida it was just another SEC game. I bet aTm in that game because of the magnitude and what they had on the line. It was prove it time. Remember Jimbo getting emotional on the field afterwards? Not like, 'oh I love my guys we've worked so hard'. No it was like them against the world, people doubting them, people doubting Jimbo. I think it was personal not vs Florida, just for aTm to have a game like that vs a highly regarded team.

Florida has plenty of warts and Texas A&M beating Florida must be respected. But that doesn't necessarily mean I would take A&M if they were playing this week, I don't think I would actually.

Correct, the Air Force defense saw several what they call "turn backs" something I still don't fully understand after reading about it. But a cadet can leave the academy due to circumstances related to covid or family and stuff.

They lost some good players. At this point, I'm not sure I would put too much into that. Yes, Air Force would be better with those guys, but they have also played 5 games with the guys they have.

Not sure on the typo of Army being in a sib last year. Army as we know did hire a new DC this year. The results are good! Army has played teams that can run and throw in a game. I forgot the exact number vs Cincy, but wow, yeah, 69 yards rushing allowed vs UC!

Georgia Southern was a misleading final. Ga So had 2 TDs off of like 1 yard of offense, a fumble recovering at the 1 and either a pick-six or a scoop and score TD. Really, Army was behind the 8 ball in that one for them to come back from 14 down in the 2nd H (that was with the QB who is starting this week by the way).

A lot of people say that coaches often are speaking directly to his team and the players at times in the press conference. Looks to me that is clearly the case this week.

I really don't think that if somebody called Alabama a bunch of homos it would matter. They Bama. They don't need anything additional for the SEC Title game in Atlanta. It's Saban. It's the standard. This is the playoff.

I don't believe the comments will have any effect on what the Alabama players do. Mullen is trying to boost the confidence of his own team.

Now, Mullen is a dick. Wilson throwing the shoe could be directly connected to Mullen's lack of self discipline. Remember Mullen coming back out of the halftime tunnel to throw his arms up in the air to stir the home fans up post the bench clearing scuffle? Teams are a reflection of their coach. A coach that does stupid things will see his players do stupid things....like throwing a shoe 20+ yards after a third down stop. But right here, from a Gator perspective, I like saying "we'll worry about that after we win".

I believe that bulletin board material is really BS for the most part. But it's dumb to even chance that given how overmatched Mullen's team is. As smart as Mullen may be strategically he's also has streaks of dumbness.

Bulletin board material does have some merit. Ask NIU and Jordan Lynch regarding Florida State.

Bama should score most drives till the 4th

Florida will score on an average Bama defense

I've said this score for a few weeks and I think it stands up

52-28

Maybe another score for FL.

Huge on Bama TT over

Big on game over (74.5) but will mess with live.

Bulletin board material works for Nick. Remember that thrashing Bama gave Vandy after a Vandy linebacker called them out? Yes it‘s Vandy but that‘s besides the point...Bama clearly played with added edge.

Bulletin board material works for Nick. Remember that thrashing Bama gave Vandy after a Vandy linebacker called them out? Yes it‘s Vandy but that‘s besides the point...Bama clearly played with added edge.
Everything works for him except when he is outmatched. And it rarely rarely ever happens

I have to think it means something for LSU to get to 5-5. A disappointing season nonetheless but to avoid a losing season should be important to the seniors.

Never been so unexcited for a championship week or bowl season.

It's good that there's any sort of football being played.

And since A&M is playing and actually has a reasonable chance of getting to the FF I would think tomorrow would be like Christmas Eve.

I can't get away from ISU tomorrow. OU is playing better defensively and playing its best football of the season, but so is Iowa State. That beatdown against a decent West Virginia team, immediately after winning in Austin, was one of the most eye-opening wins of the season by any team. Unlike prior seasons, OU doesn't have a veteran QB in this game and they're also without the really big playmakers, game breakers, of past seasons. It's good OU team. Not a great one. And I love that I'm getting almost a TD especially with a team that has not won a conference title in 108 years. When you're working the incentive angle that's a pretty big consideration.

I may be way off. Regardless, really interested in watching this game tomorrow.

I can't get away from ISU tomorrow. OU is playing better defensively and playing its best football of the season, but so is Iowa State. That beatdown against a decent West Virginia team, immediately after winning in Austin, was one of the most eye-opening wins of the season by any team. Unlike prior seasons, OU doesn't have a veteran QB in this game and they're also without the really big playmakers, game breakers, of past seasons. It's good OU team. Not a great one. And I love that I'm getting almost a TD especially with a team that has not won a conference title in 108 years. When you're working the incentive angle that's a pretty big consideration.

I may be way off. Regardless, really interested in watching this game tomorrow.

I agree with you on isu but I would be cautious about reading anything into the wvu beat down. Neers were missing all their key playmakers to Rona issues,, think that along with how wvu had struggled on the road this season make that outcome less impressive than it woulda been earlier in the season. I don’t think that any reason not to like isu, just don’t think that game said a whole lot about them as a short handed wvu squad kinda folded up shop when they got leaned on imo.

I do think isu is the better team tho, so obviously catching points w them feels like the right side. Ou defensive improvements not even all that impressive or genuine imo, they have caught a lot of bad or disinterested offenses down the stretch in between all the games they have had cancelled. Since start of November okie lite the only team you could say sooners defense was tested against and by time they played that game the cowboys had looked checked out to me!! So how good is the sooners run d really? Hall went for 139 on 28 hard nosed carries in the 1st meeting and I expect he will once again be a handful for that sooners rush d!! He had eclipsed 100 yards on the ground in every game before the last 2 where he went for 91 and 97 vs horns and wvu solid defenses, gotta assume he woulda went for over 100 easily had they needed it vs wvu. Purdy hasn’t turned it over in the last 3 games, if he continues playing clean I think isu wins this game.

Wow first time all season I had one canceled where the line actually moved against me as I was stuck with 4 with the line at 2.5 as of yesterday.

id def be happy to be off laying -4 in that one! Sucks it cancelled tho, I was really looking forward to that game. I leaned ull with anything more than a fg but was pretty shocked line was getting bet down under a fg! No idea what I was gonna end up doing with that game so guess being cancelled a blessing in disguise even tho I was looking forward to watching!

i have the game over 67 and Buffalo teased down to -7 carried over from chargers +10 last night.
Buffalo total now up to 69....I figured it would hit 70 by gametime and it still might get there. 1H TT 20.5 now at 150 and Game TT now at 41.5...will probably settle around 42 I would guess..

In addition to TT O40.5, I also have over 66.5, Buffalo -11.5 and Buffalo 1H TT O20.5, so I am goin' Bama style in this one!

I’m just not sure if ball st run defense is legit which gives me a little pause on going all “bama” on bulls!! Lol. Not terribly worried, after all wmu just rushed for 264 if you take away the one run that netted -36 yards by the center? Assuming a fumble? Lol. Emu went for over 2 bills. So while ball state overall run d numbers look strong gotta figure they Havnt played much and a few teams still ran well on them.

Buffalo total now up to 69....I figured it would hit 70 by gametime and it still might get there. 1H TT 20.5 now at 150 and Game TT now at 41.5...will probably settle around 42 I would guess..

yea that why I went ahead and played it and the usc over yesterday cause figured they wouldn’t go anywhere but up.

Jason McIntyre just came on herd to do his “Monday headlines today” section which I like. Anyways before he started doing those (they all nfl), him and cowherd just called Clemson the bet of the year in ncaa!! Wow, I don’t agree with that at all! I mean I don’t feel super strong either way but “bet of the year”?

Jason McIntyre just came on herd to do his “Monday headlines today” section which I like. Anyways before he started doing those (they all nfl), him and cowherd just called Clemson the bet of the year in ncaa!! Wow, I don’t agree with that at all! I mean I don’t feel super strong either way but “bet of the year”?
I hope they’re right cuz I got em at 9.5

Gotcha, Brian. Guessing I know how this pans...

Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said Friday that if the Irish are chosen to make the College Football Playoff, they would consider not playing if families are not allowed to attend the semifinal game.

During a Zoom call previewing the ACC championship game, Kelly made pointed remarks about the need to have families attend the games.

"I'm not sure we'll play in the playoffs if the parents can't be there," Kelly said. "Why would we play if you can't have families at the game? If you can't have families at bowl games, why would you go to a game where your families can't be part of it? What's the sense of playing a game in an area of the country where nobody can be part of it?"

Sp+ is way contrarian on total and ats to the market.

Army and over

oh no bro. No over in the armed forces games! Under under under! Don’t get me wrong they will move the ball but both red zone defenses have been elite!! Lot of long drives ending in Fgs or turnovers on downs! I feel like the team who able to hit a few big plays be the team who wins it as I’m pretty confident 20 points will take home the commander and chief trophy!

oh no bro. No over in the armed forces games! Under under under! Don’t get me wrong they will move the ball but both red zone defenses have been elite!! Lot of long drives ending in Fgs or turnovers on downs!
Oh I hear you. They always go under. I thought it was interesting for justifying bucking trend

Oh I hear you. They always go under. I thought it was interesting for justifying bucking trend

this one those ones I been lucky enough to been playing for years so naturally makes it easier to ride out the streak! Love these games!! Hard nosed football with kids not talented enough to ever play past this level so this means everything for them!

Back