CFL opening night............

nakina584

Pretty much a regular
Mtl/Ham UNDER 45.5 -111

and

BC/Cal OVER 54.5 -108

Both lines at Pinny)

no write ups just picks and hopefully winners..........Well know tomorrow.

Good luck everyone and CHEERS!!

Welcome to the gig, nakina...

GL with the CFL bets, and, damn, it's nice to have Pinny as an out, isn't it?

You bet sides too, or only totals?

I think I'm riding Hamilton tonight... looks like a live home side here in the opener against the defending champs...

Yeah I do like Hamilton tonight Rex, they showed some life late last year and running back Jesse Lumsden is healthy this year. I like Mtl's Qb Anthony Calvillo but he's get up there in age and that adds question marks.........I'm hoping Printers does well for Hamilton tonight but we'll see in 30 minutes..........Good luck CKR!!

Thanks BrarStar and good luck to you as well............I believe the Lions have an outstanding year this year. 2 good Qb's you have there, Pierce starting tonight.

By the way, LOVE Kokanee

just wanted to add there's a chance of thundershowers tonight for the Toronto-Hamilton area which should help this puppy to go under..........

Thanks B.A.R............1-1 last night just coming up short in the late game.......

One game tonight and it's a rematch of the Eastern Conference final from last year, Toronto at Winnipeg. Toronto had the number #1 defence in the league last year and I expect the same results this year. This year they have a new QB, new receivers and new running backs which may take a game or two to gel......On the Winnipeg side they will be without Milt Stegall and released 17 year vet placekicker Troy Westwood in the off season leaving question marks in their kicking game......I'm leaning to the under in this one despite the low number at 42.5 (un-111)

I'm definitely keeping the wagers on the small side until these teams have played a few games after watching the Montreal-Hamilton game last night. The under came through but I really thought Hamilton came in with a lot of promise and I saw nothing but the same crap as last year. (out played and undisciplined penalties) I like the under but I'm curious to see how well the Toronto offence plays after adding QB Kerry Joesph, the leagues most outstanding player from last year. I read they will be playing both Joesph and Micheal Bishop but I wouldn't be surprised if Bishop was restricted to short yardage plays on 2nd down......

Tor-Wpg under 42.5 (-111)

Good luck to everyone tonight!!

last night's game goes under so I'm 2-1 now with one more game tonight......

(forgot to add my unit totals so far so I will update now......)

Thurs
Mtl/Ham UNDER 45.5 -111 (1 unit) W +.901
BC/Cal OVER 54.5 -108 (1 unit) L -1.00

Fri
Tor-Wpg under 42.5 -111 (1/2 unit) W +.451

Total so far 2-1 +0.352

Edmonton at Saskatchewan
Not much of a write up for tonights game but all 3 so far this year (in the CFL)have gone under the total and I'm going with the same in this one. Sask are going with Crandell at QB which is an obvious step down from Joseph who led them to the Grey Cup last year (MVP) .....Coach Austin is also gone which will be a different step for the Riders which should have a good defence but may have problems scoring. I'm leaning to the Eskies at +4.5 but with question marks on both sides I'll go with the under and see what the cat drags in....

Edm-Sask under 53 -105 (1/2 unit)

Good luck tonight!!

Last edited:
I've looked around and can't find an online feed for the CFL games for viewers outside of Canada so I'll start an in-game thread in the in-game forum and keep everyone posted tonight. The game starts at 7:30 est.......

good luck tonight!!

Whats up nakina?
The under in this game looks good to me as well.
I'm going to parley it with the Ed. ml
I dont see Sk being a contender this year.
Crandell doesn't even make a reliable back up let alone a starter. IMO.
Good luck to us.

Oh by the way it's a beautiful sunny day here in southern Saskatchewan.

Good luck rider green, the fans will be in the mood tonight..........possibly/probably the best fans in the CFL in my opinion...

I'm just kicking back having a few brews and watching the Yanks-Mets game right now.........but come 7:30est I'll be watching the Riders game for sure........(with an in game thread going for anyone down south who may have $$ on it and can't watch) Should be a good game tonight!!

under is in the books.......+.451 on the night.

3-1 on opening weekend.......+.803 units overall

so far so good, see ya next Thursday!!

Back