CFL Cappers Conference Week 6 Roundtable Meeting

Ok let’s talk Argos at pk.

I really wanted to take them but it was predicated on Winnipeg killing BC to give us a good line.
I still think Toronto can win this game but I would’ve loved a cpl points.

Any thoughts out there?

Argos just signed Dexter McClustwr today too. Not sure how I feel about that.

You may have something with the underdogs Sammy. Time to zag.

Exactly time to zag—-

I feel that i would not be surprised if sask won outright or at least was close.

Same thing as cgy although with free willy he is like the rookie and at buckle is the veteran.

I like the under in Ottawa and sask game and cgy game if bo is out.

I’m thinking of a 3 team under parlay.

Ok let’s talk Argos at pk.

I really wanted to take them but it was predicated on Winnipeg killing BC to give us a good line.
I still think Toronto can win this game but I would’ve loved a cpl points.

Any thoughts out there?

Argos just signed Dexter McClustwr today too. Not sure how I feel about that.

I think the Argos are a decent team with Franklin at qb. Theur defense seems athletic. Good secondary heath yell Gabriel new guy. Better pass rush lemon Lang tuggle.

Winnipeg if Harris can’t run aren’t anything special. I think hulu both dressler and bowman ate finished. Do you remember 3-4 seasons ago when bowman and dressier would run deep corners and be elite? They both have no legs left.

Darvin Adams is clumsy and can only run the fly pattern.

Trestman vs oshea is a mismatch.

One thing I will say edge to Toronto.

Nichols is struggling this season. Looks hurt or something with that new kid has rattled him. He looks indecisive and not confident.

Winnipeg defense is so bad that even Bc puts up astronomical numbers against Ritchie hall.

Tredtnan vs Ritchie hall defense is a mismatch. Hall running the same defense for years. Teams know it and they attack it.

Lulay knew every single play that Winnipeg corners were dropping into zone. Vs other teams they mix it up and they don’t show same look twice.

Yeah lots to like with the Argos this week. I just wish they’re D was a little less banged up. Woods still out and I’m not sure what Plummers status is. Justin Tuggle did well at MLB last week but they are pretty thin.

I want to dig into the blue balls travel schedule. I wonder if they went home between BC and Toronto or are doing. 2 week road trip. Opposite ends of the country though so I dont know.

Toronto should get the win.

If they could control Reilly and almost beat him twice they should have no issues with Nichols.

Winnipeg seems to me to be a big play team.

If it’s not Harris running long runs or

Adams running down the sidelines

They aren’t able to consistently move the ball 10 yards at a time. Bc defense knew this I believe and was giving up the run but playing a deep passing zone defense.

They forced Nichols into one terrible long int and then another int late. Then they also forced nicholls to start throwing underneath.

I feel Winnipeg is very weak at receiver and db.

I think that will result in losses vs welll coached teams.

I saw my book at u53.5 -120 in Ottawa this am. Hulu is moving lines. Nice look. Could be a tight game.

Hard not to justify dogs with low scoring games? Part of me wants justice on Hamilton after they moved so well last game versus Sask, but couldn't get a TD. The other part of me tells me that Sask D can run hot and to be careful.

I used to play the no safety prop at -150 to -180 a couple of seasons ago, but don't get CFL props anymore at my book. Anyone see the safety prop out there?

I remember it in past at 365 and pinny, neither seem to have it anymore

Ok confirmed they flew home after BC. First practice is tomorrow then Friday is a travel day before Toronto. Feels like having to fly home and back out again in 1 week makes it a bit short.

I think this train is leaving the station

Hulu I should get seats right behind Wally on Friday’s game and hold up a big CCC banner.

With our 1-800 number.

Win with Hulu and go to Hawaii and play in HULA HOOPS.

I’m so if we like the Argos, next question is where we think the line goes.

I think the public narrative is still that Toronto sucks, Ricky Ray is gone and Winnipeg is the shit. So my uneducated guess would be that we see the line move toward Toronto through the week and then back toward peg on Friday/Saturday. Maybe beat to wait it out.

Hulu what I can’t understand about Winnipeg is the constant player movement??

They had a very athletic secondary 1-2 years ago that was challenging bo Levi.

Remember when they had randle at corner firmer Aggie Travis frederick and Kevin Fogg Th heath and Bruce Johnson backed up by a hyper Taylor loffler?

I’m not sure how this amazing secondary became so crap so fast. Lost some good players.

Trestman though Hulu has always had NFL CALIBRE ASSUSTANTS. both Milanovich and Brady Marcus are coaching in the nfl

I wonder how good the new guys are he has.

O’Shea is an old school gambler. Norman style. Rambles like crazy.

He has nothing except surprises on fakes.

Hulu what I can’t understand about Winnipeg is the constant player movement??

They had a very athletic secondary 1-2 years ago that was challenging bo Levi.

Remember when they had randle at corner firmer Aggie Travis frederick and Kevin Fogg Th heath and Bruce Johnson backed up by a hyper Taylor loffler?

I’m not sure how this amazing secondary became so crap so fast. Lost some good players.

Trestman though Hulu has always had NFL CALIBRE ASSUSTANTS. both Milanovich and Brady Marcus are coaching in the nfl

I wonder how good the new guys are he has.

O’Shea is an old school gambler. Norman style. Rambles like crazy.

He has nothing except surprises on fakes.

Yeah O’Shea should probably be a special teams coach.

And you’re right about Trestman. He loses his DC and hires former LSU coach mike archer. The guy has connections. I think this is part of the reason the defence started slow, they had to pick up archers system.

Jerimiah johnson likely out this week @ Ottawa. Too bad. BC looked like a decent dog at 6.5

That game has under written all over it.

Ottawa only beats the hell out of crap teams. But with Wally coached teams it’s hard to trust then showing up. Bc players team has an heir of entitlement. They rarely show up back to back in recent years. Then they show up when they are counted out as dead.

Ottawa
Rainey is a scar back tho. He can do well behind Calgary’s line maybe but BC’s can’t opem enough holes for him.

Ottawa is hyper at home bro. I been there. Crowd is raucous.

Harris though sometimes is on or he is off.

If he isn’t off it’s a sure under!!!

Any chance Bc can win outright?

Harris looked like he was going to cry at times last week.

Nick Arbuckle came in and in 2 plays had more yardage than Harris through 2 quarters.

Does he come back fired up and ready to atone or did his balls shrivel for good last week?

Harris looked like he was going to cry at times last week.

Nick Arbuckle came in and in 2 plays had more yardage than Harris through 2 quarters.

Does he come back fired up and ready to atone or did his balls shrivel for good last week?

Tough to say with Harris but I firmly believe that management and gm marcel desjardins know that Harris isn’t the future.

Harris is like a Honda Acoord ! He can beat the Toyota Corollas but he cannot match the Mercedes and bmw,s Reilly and Mitchell.

Harris went on a diet to lose body fat and get leaner but he still has no speed?

He also enrolled into brain combat which is combat training navy seal training to slow things down.

Guys that do that are crap. Just play qb. Don’t overthink it.

I forgot Dylan Wynn is suspended this week for that spear on gable. Toronto’s D gets thinner.

Almost starting to think about an over there but overs in BMO haven’t been very profitable.

I forgot Dylan Wynn is suspended this week for that spear on gable. Toronto’s D gets thinner.

Almost starting to think about an over there but overs in BMO haven’t been very profitable.

True. Bad field.

But Winnipeg can be an over team on the road at times.

Blast from the past Tursday- CCC STYLE

Old school vs New school. Player comparison.

Matt Dunigan vs Mike Reilly

Anthony Calvillo vs Bo Mitchell

John Cornish vs Andrew Harris

Charles Roberts vs Cory Philpot

Kerry Watkins vs Arcenaux

Joe Montfort vs Charleston Hughes

Dunigan to me was better than Reilly. Dunigan better pure passer than Reilly who holds onto the hall too long.

Calvillo- He is a real gun slinger. Calvillo made Montreal relevant while cgy made Bo relevant

Harris- I think if Harris played for Cgy he would have set records.

Roberts- He was awesome in his prime

Watkins- Rekiable deep threat.

Tie. Both great pass rushers. Slight edge Mitford?

Travis Lulay becomes the third qb in 5 weeks to win player of the week honours after facing the bombers D.

Pretty much tells you all you need to know about them.

How about this in the...GTFOOH category...Terrell Owens has hired a Canadian agent and has triggered a 10-day window to where he can be offered a contract. T.O. is 44 years old. Don't even know how to think about this news...

How about this in the...GTFOOH category...Terrell Owens has hired a Canadian agent and has triggered a 10-day window to where he can be offered a contract. T.O. is 44 years old. Don't even know how to think about this news...

Yeah o was shocked when they added him to the neg list. I mean even if he does have gas in the tank, how many years are you going to get out of him?

Anyway, all the esks have to do is offer him a 2yr contract at the league minimum of $54k to retain his rights. He can take it or leave it. I can’t imagine why a team with Duke Williams, derel walker and Kenny Stanford would want TO

Montreal released starting LT Xavier Fulton. I am guessing that means tackle Tyler Johnstone whom they picked up in the supplemental draft is ready to start.

Last edited:
Gents I slapped a unit on the over 50.5 in Toronto.

We’ve discussed a bit but I feel like Nichols and co want to atone for that piss poor showing last week and the Argos thin defence will help that cause. On the other side the Bumblers defence can turn any QB into a star for a day and James Franklin is on that trajectory already.

Overs in BMO haven’t been very profitable but I just see some scoring here. Weather is an x-factor this far out as BMO has a strong wind tunnel effect but the total is heading north so I have to get on the good number now.

Some books now have Peg -1. I’m gonna watch this line like a hawk all week and hit Toronto if and when I think it’s the best I’m going to get.

Ok I’ll take a stab...

Dunnigan all day. Dude was pure alpha. Only warren moon compares. Hell of a good guy too. Met him a couple times.

AC. Thinking mans quarterback. I remember watching his first game for the Las Vegas Possee and even at like 22 you could see he had something. Another great QB who disproved the myth that you have to run around and improvise to play in the CFL. There was no run in his game.

I loves Cornish. Dude was a barttering ram.

Roberts was the CFLs answer to Barry Sanders. So elusive

Joe Montford is my favourite player of all time. Dude was absolutely ripped and just a monster. He was a real
Character off the field too. He lived in my building for a time so I would bump into him regularly. I still have an autographed jersey.

Agree with them all except quick six over roberts, may be a bit of a homerish emotional pull

But he was so fun to watch here, him and millington together with the thunder and lightning

Matthews out for 6 weeks

Drew willy back starting, he can't stay healthy either, have to assume VA gets a start in the next month or so

Couple other things ive noticed

Its tuesday now and O'Shea is still complaining about penalties from the lions game, makes me like Toronto more if the bombers still arent focused on this week

Big sol out for 6 weeks according to the local guys here, that crushes the lions defense. They should pump out overs imo, the weak secondary will now likely need to help a bit more with run game if they want any hope of stopping that

Sounds like sasky practices this week have been bad enough Jones stopped it mid run today to read the riot act, with a good coach and leadership i think this may light a fire, with this team i wonder if they have already quit on him?

Also Ottawa first half spread. Not sure what spread is but have to think they cover that.

Bc on the road in the past years have not showed up ready to play at all. They rarely look ready or show any emotion early on.

Ottawa coming off that horrific loss to cgy will be ready to roll. Coaching wise Jamie Elozindido will want to start fast. No eliminean on defense I think Powell runs wild.

Especially off the win I don’t see Bc starting out intense while I see Ottawa coming out hard.

Only the elite teams seem to be able to hammer Ottawa as Harris is barely athletic enough to start for UBC thunderbirds. However bc has no pass rush to speak off.

Let’s not get carried away with Bc win last week. They seem to pull that magic at home almost like they have to in front of the fans but on the road the show little sense of urgency.

Hard to not see 17-7 at half.

Unless of course Harris is like Jennings and he is finished in this league after cgy basically exposed him for being what he is. A career backup.

Elimimian being out hurts. He is the heart of their defence.

As of now they have 9 nationals in starting roles so I wouldn’t be surprised to see some further roster shuffling.

Ottawa now -7 -120. Not sure the Lions can hang if the good Harris shows up. Maybe working with Henry Burris has resulted in Harris also having 2 sides to his performance.

Cancelled a Sask +10.5 play and am liking the Cats at home. High number, but thinking Hammy due for decent field position and Masoli will do what he does...throw for 300.

Bridge has 0 Tds and 3 ints this year. Hoping the Hammer is loud and can shut down the Sask run game and own 2nd and long. Thigpen is not a 4 quarter back. Anyone know why Messam is 3rd on depth chart?

Thinking/hoping bye week allows Hammy O to spread the ball a bit more. Saunders and Tasker win their battles.

Over taking more money in Toronto. Up to 52.5 now.

Bo practicing today but only lightly according to observers. We might not get a line until Saturday but damn the under looks yummy here regardless of who starts.

Last edited:
Ottawa now -7 -120. Not sure the Lions can hang if the good Harris shows up. Maybe working with Henry Burris has resulted in Harris also having 2 sides to his performance.

Cancelled a Sask +10.5 play and am liking the Cats at home. High number, but thinking Hammy due for decent field position and Masoli will do what he does...throw for 300.

Bridge has 0 Tds and 3 ints this year. Hoping the Hammer is loud and can shut down the Sask run game and own 2nd and long. Thigpen is not a 4 quarter back. Anyone know why Messam is 3rd on depth chart?

Thinking/hoping bye week allows Hammy O to spread the ball a bit more. Saunders and Tasker win their battles.

Hamilton is probably the right side here but I just can’t gwt over the fact that they’ve shown no killer instinct at all. I worry about them getting over this number.

Also at one time the cats had a big home field advantage but not anymore. I am a season ticket holder of 20+ years and the new stadium and crowd sucks. The team has spent so much marketing effort to drag in the non-football fan that it’s basically all they have now. A large majority of these ‘fans’ drag their asses in halfway through the first quarter and then leave halfway through the fourth, even in close games. In between that they mill about on the concourse and patio areas not even watching the game. I am giving up my tix next year. As one of my friends who also gave up his a few years ago said “Ivor Wynne was a place for football fans, Tim Hortons field is a place for family fun”

Hulu the exact same phenomenon is occurring at Ottawa stadium. The old stadium was real, fights in the stands, fans getting arrested during games outstanding warrants, the wave and fans with signs.

Now it’s the millennial crowd who aren’t even watching the game just hanging out speaking their language of Milleneaish.

The tickets have also went up and going to the game has lost its appeal. From the rip off luxury vip boxes to the new yaletown style standing mingling end zone it’s totally not football.

I prefer to just set up a capping command centre in your house and just watch it there.

Cats might need Prechae Rodrigues back!

You guys remember that cat? The funniest thing is it seemed like he played for the cats years ago.

However he is still only 33 years old? Did he start with the ticats at 14 years old?

The most amazing thing is PRECHAE RODRIGUES is still playing and has been playing the last 6 years in some AFL LEAGUE!!

Amazing. I was wondering where he disappeared!!

Back