CFL Cappers Conference Week 6 Roundtable Meeting

Hulu

#3DownNation
CCC now sponsored by Rambler...the official car of CFL handicapping.

Topics for discussion this week...

Thu SSK
7:30 @HAM

Fri BC
7:30 @OTT

Sat WPG
4:00 @TOR

Sat MTL
9:00 @CGY

Early thoughts...

Would like to think Hamilton gets some revenge against Sasquatch but the line might make it unbettable. Under might be a play.

OTT/BC looks like a much more interesting game after last night but that's a tough road trip for BC on a short week. Under in play here also.

WPG/TOR this one looks mighty interesting to me. I was hoping a big peg win last night might give us a juicy number on the improving Argos but we'll have to see. Once again, under in play at is always is in BMO.

MTL/CGY Can they set this line high enough? BUT, what is the status of Bo Levi Matters? Early reports say no structural damage to the knee but even if its a tweak, Dik Davenson could choose to start Arbuckle given that its the Alouettes and Calgary's defence alone could probably beat them.

Other wild and crazy CFL expansion ideas...

Okanagan Valley...There's like a million people living in the BC interior from Kamloops to Penticton and no shortage of money. Build a stadium and they will come. Provides a natural rival to the Lions also which would help their sagging fortunes out on the coast. Coasters vs Valley Girls...its perfect. Possible name: Okanagan Okies

Anchorage, AK...Need a dome stadium but they have tons of oil money and how much could it cost to build a small, serviceable dome that holds 25k? Something like the Kibbe dome in Idaho but bigger. For ratio purposes Alaskan born players would count as Canadian. Would likely have the biggest home/road splits next to U Hawaii. Possible name: Alaskan Thunderfucks

Windsor, ON...decent size city and would draw in some peeps from London to Leamington and Sarnia as well as across the border. Hell BAR himself would buy a dozen season tix. Possible name: Windsor Ramblers

Sudbury, ON...ok now I'm really stretching. Possible name: Sudbury Slippery Nickels

Quebec City, QC...I honestly think QC could support a CFL team. Football is big in Quebec. Look at the support the Rouge et Or get. Possible name: Quebec Bloc

St. Johns, NL...Serve beer and whisky at the games, the neufs will come. Possible name: Newfoundland Cod Tongues

Early thoughts...

Would like to think Hamilton gets some revenge against Sasquatch but the line might make it unbettable. Under might be a play.

OTT/BC looks like a much more interesting game after last night but that's a tough road trip for BC on a short week. Under in play here also.

WPG/TOR this one looks mighty interesting to me. I was hoping a big peg win last night might give us a juicy number on the improving Argos but we'll have to see. Once again, under in play at is always is in BMO.

MTL/CGY Can they set this line high enough? BUT, what is the status of Bo Levi Matters? Early reports say no structural damage to the knee but even if its a tweak, Dik Davenson could choose to start Arbuckle given that its the Alouettes and Calgary's defence alone could probably beat them.

Great thread name!! Rambler style.

Looking ahead a few different ideas....

Winnipeg there is something missing from their team. A offense that has no receivers except for Darwin.
Is it me or did Nik Demsky get the ball like 35 times last night?
Defensively Winnipeg has the worst secondary in the league. Big hill is the only decent player. Jeffcoat is not disciplined takes too many roughing calls. Tristan oklapugi is overrated. He makes a play and the announcers start blowing him. Just like they blow Matt Nichols.
I think the Argos can win that match. Their defense should be able to stop Winnipeg and franklin shiukd scire enough on them.

Bc at Ottawa looks like an under here. Lulay as good as he is will struggle here. Lions offense has no Johnson rb possibly.
Harris himself stinks. Hoping for a good number here.

One thing I observed is that games are going under a lot. I think we are in an under phase. The caliber of defenders is much higher than receivers.

Crappy offensive coordinator crappy offensive lines and crappy qbs and crappy receivers for most teams.

Many teams are starting 2 Canadian receivers and most suck. They really can’t do much. Opposing teams then lock down the remaining 3 import receivers.

I feel that the clock seems to run really fast also. It runs very fast.

Hulu are we in THE ERA OF UNDERS?

Just saying when is the last time Bc win a game on the road??

Seems like their road games lately have been all mail in efforts. No effort.

Thinking when is Bc going to win on the road?

Possibly vs Ottawa and Harris who are struggling themselves?

However I believe under is the best play.

Regards to expansion why not give Saskatchewan 2 teams like New York does!

They would easily sell out both teams.

Early thoughts...

Zero chance I trust Sling Blade and his 2 incapable QBs on the road. Masoli I expect to play much better at home but Sasky has a D that is for real, that should travel and the under or maybe a teaser w/Ham and the under doesn’t look awful assuming we’re looking at a -5 to -7 and 48 to 51 number there.

BC at Ottawa...your guess is as good as mine WTH to expect here. BC traveling on the road with Lulay first time this year...thinking Ottawa if they’re smart and try to pound the ball on the ground should be able to get a win in a lower scoring affair. Ottawa D still underrated IMO so far and BC was gifted a win last night off of O’Shea and Nichols’ combined stupidity.

Peg/Boatmen...another game full of question marks. Peg can’t be that bad (or stupid) again can they? Franklin has that “it” factor and I’m guessing you’re seeing a line within a few points of even most likely with Tor as the fave. Again, Sammy brought this up. Scoring is down...way down so far. Especially in first halves. Probably a pass for me on Tor as I’m hesitant to trust them as a fave or Peg and the idiocy we saw last night on the road. Love to get me an under in if they keep it reasonable. Trestman also 10 times better a coach than MO’S.

Als/Calgary...Montreal is the worst team in the league hands down and offencively don’t have the fire power. Good luck going to McMahon and being competitive. I don’t see it being close. Would be willing to lay up to 11 or 12 comfortably because O think calgary’s D isn’t Getting enough love. Might take a looksy at the under Als TT.

That’s like the difference between asking which is better...getting punched in the face or kicked in the groin...both hurt like hell.

Totally. Now theyve lost starting RT Jamieson at practice today. He left on a cart. Chris Williams and Stef Logan not practicing either.

Honestly this line could open at 17 if BLM is starting

Yes We must now after 4 weeks be able to judge the FLOW of the CFL game, and what the scoring looks like.

We must make astute observations, and be able to be ahead of the CURVE---------- We must know some things---

Key point 1- Scoring is down, because teams are not throwing deep as much-- When you look at it most teams are throwing short. they are not launching the ball deep--

On some of the higher scoring games, there was a lot of long passes completed--
Case in point--- Did Winnipeg complete any long passes? None- Just the 1 long harris td run--

Lula also didn't complete any long td passes---

Calgary Ottawa-- Same exact thing---

Edmonton Toronto-- Same thing---

What i am starting to believe is that the CFL CLOCK runs VERY FAST-- IT almost seems to keep running all game even on incompletions-- Only time it stops in the last 3 mins--

If teams do not score long TDS I don't believe that the games can go over if teams are marching the ball on long drives---

If you look at those games where teams are driving the ball short, those games are getting around 35-45 points MAX---

Totally. Now theyve lost starting RT Jamieson at practice today. He left on a cart. Chris Williams and Stef Logan not practicing either.

Honestly this line could open at 17 if BLM is starting

Montreal team total under--- Thats a good one

Sammy my data is all on my shit laptop waiting to be recovered so I can't give you any raw data but yes scoring is down this year and unders are hitting at a 65-70% clip. But it was the same last year in the first half of the season and then things opened up later on. By season's end unders were hitting about 54%.

I think a lot of it has to do with pace. Teams are getting very fond of the snap reset where the receivers start in motion and then the QB resets and they move back and do it again. This eats 4-5 seconds and its becoming more popular than ever before. Even when teams go no huddle, they're still going deep into the play clock before they snap.

Also I think we're seeing a return to the run game a bit. Every team has a good to great RB and theres been a lot more offensive balance. 2 years ago the cats ran 6-8 running plays a game at times.

Sammy my data is all on my shit laptop waiting to be recovered so I can't give you any raw data but yes scoring is down this year and unders are hitting at a 65-70% clip. But it was the same last year in the first half of the season and then things opened up later on. By season's end unders were hitting about 54%.

I think a lot of it has to do with pace. Teams are getting very fond of the snap reset where the receivers start in motion and then the QB resets and they move back and do it again. This eats 4-5 seconds and its becoming more popular than ever before. Even when teams go no huddle, they're still going deep into the play clock before they snap.

Also I think we're seeing a return to the run game a bit. Every team has a good to great RB and theres been a lot more offensive balance. 2 years ago the cats ran 6-8 running plays a game at times.

BINGO BOSS-- Good call on the rest motion receiver thing---

And Hulu there seems to be a lot of 3rd and inches--- More than usual--- When you run on first and run on second and then have to do a sneak on third down it takes tons of time off the clock-

Also teams are hesitant to kick a field goal over 50 yards--- Many teams elect to just do the coffin corner PUNT thing-- That takes automatic points off the board--

As well as the rules that teams only get 1 challenge-- Before when they had more challenges teams would challenge all kinds of pass interference leading to easy points--

Now that the challenges have been limited it has less of an effect on the league--

Need to keep an eye on the esks injury situation.

Already down Adam konar, they lost his backup Malumba and JC Sherrit too. Big problem. Also I think it’s safe 2 day Gable will be taking a few games off.

They have a bye and who knows what pieces they may get back but as of now they look decimated on D

Good point about the field goals. Teams are playing the field position battle more and more.

Not kicking long fgoals also negates the possibility of missed fgoal returns for touchdowns.

In years past these were fairly common. Long goals missed and banks Chris Williams Rainey fogg and Roy finch would return them for a quick td.

Not trying long fgoals really kills the overs.....

Need to keep an eye on the esks injury situation.

Already down Adam konar, they lost his backup Malumba and JC Sherrit too. Big problem. Also I think it’s safe 2 day Gable will be taking a few games off.

They have a bye and who knows what pieces they may get back but as of now they look decimated on D

Yes Very true. Esks cannot play well without Sherrit Jc.! And Mutumbo out they are really going to suffer on defense.

You guys are prolific. Wow

We are the wise guys of Cfl in Canada. We likely have over 120 years of experience watching cfl with 4 guys. Myself Hulu Scarfy norwester.

We require Johnny on the spot to join our group?

To assist us in posting music videos on our threads!
Also to assist us in detecting any shady activities within the league.

We follow our leader Hulu like a 350 Ad warrior in ancient times. We trust in Hulu and combined we seem to have an accurate reading on most games.

Our goal is 90%. Always reach for the sky with limits.

A distinguished crowd indeed in the CCC—

Proceed with Grace Gentlemen, Proceed with Grace!

The CCC is going to uncharted territory!!

Gentlemen,

I took a unit under 53.5 in Ottawa.

Also like one other play but waiting to see where the line goes as other books start to open.

Gentlemen,

I took a unit under 53.5 in Ottawa.

Also like one other play but waiting to see where the line goes as other books start to open.

Proceed with Grace my friend. Proceed with Grace my friend.

Bc doesent sniff 20 on the road. Hopefully bc defense shows up and tries and then we are golden.

This morning Wally was nowhere to be found at the lions practice facility. They finally tracked him down in Winnipeg. He said aren’t we playing Winnipeg again?
Lol!

Last edited:
Cats notes... Richard Leonard back and will start in the secondary. Adrian Tracy also back on the D line. Luke Tasker downgraded to questionable for Thursday.

I saw my book at u53.5 -120 in Ottawa this am. Hulu is moving lines. Nice look. Could be a tight game.

Hard not to justify dogs with low scoring games? Part of me wants justice on Hamilton after they moved so well last game versus Sask, but couldn't get a TD. The other part of me tells me that Sask D can run hot and to be careful.

I used to play the no safety prop at -150 to -180 a couple of seasons ago, but don't get CFL props anymore at my book. Anyone see the safety prop out there?

I saw my book at u53.5 -120 in Ottawa this am. Hulu is moving lines. Nice look. Could be a tight game.

Hard not to justify dogs with low scoring games? Part of me wants justice on Hamilton after they moved so well last game versus Sask, but couldn't get a TD. The other part of me tells me that Sask D can run hot and to be careful.

I used to play the no safety prop at -150 to -180 a couple of seasons ago, but don't get CFL props anymore at my book. Anyone see the safety prop out there?

I haven’t seen that prop.

But for whatever reason I haven’t seen a safety this season?

In years past teams would concede the safety punting mid end zone. Now teams just punt the ball out.
It’s strange. Not sure why this is but it’s happening.

Yes Hulu is moving lines, I will be moving that line on Friday also when I run on the field drunk during play lol carrying a large CCC conference banner.
Free advertising for us

Holy Toledo sask +11.

Not sold on Hamilton by double digits. Masoli can he be trusted to win this game 31-13?

I’m not sure but these teams don’t seem to be that much of a difference.

I wonder if Vernon Adams ever gets a shot.

I think he will. He is the best option both Matthews and silly are backups. Adams is at least a #1 option qb.

Lions might be trying to trade Jennings if any teams are interested?

I wonder if Vernon Adams ever gets a shot.
By default he will. And he’ll be better than the other 2 boneheads.

Sammy, I agree that getting 11.5 is way too much...Sling Blade is playing games to have his D keep him in the game. They shut down Ham’s run attack after the first quarter and one Masoli mistake makes that 11.5 seem mighty tempting. Really like the under as well there.

Reading other reports now that Bo is only taking light reps with no lateral movement. So the jury is still out for now.

Arbuckle will start. If ALS had a better qb they could get the outright win. They should be able to cover at worst.

Sure cgy defense is great but their offense isn’t goin g to score that much.

That Hamilton line is hard to touch. I made it 8.5 but I’m in no hurry to take sask either. Pass

By default he will. And he’ll be better than the other 2 boneheads.

Sammy, I agree that getting 11.5 is way too much...Sling Blade is playing games to have his D keep him in the game. They shut down Ham’s run attack after the first quarter and one Masoli mistake makes that 11.5 seem mighty tempting. Really like the under as well there.

I was thinking the same. Masoli makes one big mistake each game. If he does makes it tough to cover the spread.

Also when it’s a rematch but there is a bye sandwiched in between it takes a lot of Hamilton’s advantage away because of the extra week in between.

I haven’t seen that prop.

But for whatever reason I haven’t seen a safety this season?

In years past teams would concede the safety punting mid end zone. Now teams just punt the ball out.
It’s strange. Not sure why this is but it’s happening.

Yes Hulu is moving lines, I will be moving that line on Friday also when I run on the field drunk during play lol carrying a large CCC conference banner.
Free advertising for us

We need a logo Sammy. Something with a large breasted woman preferably.

We need a logo Sammy. Something with a large breasted woman preferably.

A black shaded silhouette of a naked woman throwing a football with massive Tits.

Also talks are underway with Tsn to have the CCC conference replace Cabbie and Mathew Schianatti.
We will be reporting live at games regarding spreads odds anything football related to get the American fans on board.

If those 2 guys Jay and Fred or Dan could get their own show The CCC has universal appeal and will be a hit.

I had this vision earlier.

The vision related to this time of the season every year around week 5.

What I seem to notice is that there is a perception of how good teams are.

I thought hmmm could this be a crazy underdog week vs the spread??

And then Bo maybe out Hamilton comes out really high, Ottawa favoured 6.5 with Harris who when pressured looks like he is trying to avoid land mines on the war pitch.

Almost believe a 3 team underdog parlay.

Sask Montreal and Bc.

Hulu don’t discount Arbuckle starting. Players have pride. I don’t see them losing to a rookie like that. It’s possible for an outright upset.

It’s tiugh for any rookie to move it on a cfl defense. Montreal has some decent defenders. Campbell white westerman bowman Brandon dozier eden etc

I had this vision earlier.

The vision related to this time of the season every year around week 5.

What I seem to notice is that there is a perception of how good teams are.

I thought hmmm could this be a crazy underdog week vs the spread??

And then Bo maybe out Hamilton comes out really high, Ottawa favoured 6.5 with Harris who when pressured looks like he is trying to avoid land mines on the war pitch.

Almost believe a 3 team underdog parlay.

Sask Montreal and Bc.

Hulu don’t discount Arbuckle starting. Players have pride. I don’t see them losing to a rookie like that. It’s possible for an outright upset.

It’s tiugh for any rookie to move it on a cfl defense. Montreal has some decent defenders. Campbell white westerman bowman Brandon dozier eden etc

I definitely think there’s a possibility Arbuckle will start. It’s the Alouettes. If that happens, they won’t be able to set the total low enough.

Back