CFB Week #5 ML Dogs discussion thread

Play2win

Mod by Monday Morning
Pick ml dogs you like or think have a chance or you like the value on...all ml dog discussion...go!

ML Dogs I think have a legit chance with current Betonline prices:
Toledo +130
UVA +160
Kansas St +125
Navy +240
Georgia +160
TCU +150
Missouri +375
Indiana +210
Hawaii +135

From the list there I'd go with Kansas St and Hawaii. How can one watch that Hawaii game by the way?

I am not sold on WVU at all. Howard has a very deep ball going this year, but concerns for WVU on D and their O sustaining drives if they can't hit big plays. But, I've only seen K St play week 1.

How about Arizona St +285 at USC? Seems like it could be a crazy game perhaps.

FIU +177? Absolute rock bottom here for them, chance to get off the mat, felt they had some decent personnel before the year started. Rivalry game against your instate equal.

I think UVA wins so that would be the easy choice for me from the list. Duke off biggest win in the history of the school and will be without rb jela duncan. UVA with back to back confidence boosting games with actual execution. Good spot.

I think TCU is the worst option. Just out talented.

I would also give hawaii a look, I suppose. I think Nevada is playing the better football so far but travel to the islands is tough and they have magical weed there.

Thanks, I will be checking out MW Network online then for viewing pleasure. Can never have enough games going after midnight!

Indiana: I'm willing to forgive Indiana's 5 turnover game in which they were beaten in a look ahead spot last week. Expecting much better effort here and their D is much improved this year. "Nobody" liked Sparty vs ND then they win SU as dogs...ND turns out to have awful D and basically frauds..."everybody" loves Sparty vs Wisc and they get slapped around...now Sparty bigger fav then they should be based on perception imo...Home dog stays within number and has chance of a SU win

From the list there I'd go with Kansas St and Hawaii. How can one watch that Hawaii game by the way?

I am not sold on WVU at all. Howard has a very deep ball going this year, but concerns for WVU on D and their O sustaining drives if they can't hit big plays. But, I've only seen K St play week 1.

How about Arizona St +285 at USC? Seems like it could be a crazy game perhaps.

FIU +177? Absolute rock bottom here for them, chance to get off the mat, felt they had some decent personnel before the year started. Rivalry game against your instate equal.
good stuff

Not sure Indiana kids or coaches can look ahead to anyone since they need to beat all their equals just to make bowl eligibility, but getting the defending B1G Champ at home is something for them to be thinking about for sure. I still have such a bad taste in my mouth after IU's meltdown at MSU last year. Lost spread and ML shot in a game they were very much in until the final 5 or 6 minutes or something.

I have been eyeing the ULL - NM St game some. Have serious concerns about ULL's O. Jennings has not looked good after transferring in over the summer. They literally just have to ride McGuire. He left in OT last week, but seems a go this week. May have to double check. Rose returned last week for NM St, but had a groin injury now. Think he is a go, but may have limited touches. A little more value on NM St and I;d be in, but seems most everyone else chased that spread down already, oh no I see it has bounced back up to 6/+173 now. Hmmm. Spread was down at 4/4' all week.

What about a big dog? That's where predicting upsets gets really tricky.

Maybe Iowa St. Did I just say that? I kind of like them with the pts, but wouldn't waste money on the ML. I guess Az St is the biggest I'd actually put a small bit of $ on.

Got to figure CMich +151 has a shot at home vs WM. Nobody has stopped the CM O this year...ofcourse stopping WM is quite the challenge as well.

Texas, Was St and Utah are my favorites. Cincy also a possibility in a huge revenge spot.

Missouri: not sure how LSU responds after Les being fired but they have no offense and Missouri O could outscore them and/or their D could keep them in it

And Buffalo ml could also be a big dog with a chance

Quick thoughts on why I'm against Utah

Cal:

Utes came through for me last week but I wasn't impressed and also didn't like how they looked vs BYU and thought the refs decided the outcome of that contest. Nice bounce back spot for Cal , returning home after losing on road. First real (S Jose St) road test for Utah.

Note we could have some equalizing weather situations today which could cut into some speed edges and benefit dogs.

Only one I actually played is one I've had in the back of my head, but didn't have the guts to go for it, but I did this morning. Played NW ML 1/2 unit for 177.

Not a fundamental play. Going with desperate NW team and prideful Fitzgerald with a bye on deck for purple gut check here (not really factoring revenge for embarrassment at hands of Iowa last year). Kind of scratching my head on Iowa of late as well. Admit Iowa is the better team of course, but I see some ways this is a 1 score game and if it is a 1 score game NW may have a shot late. Gambling. On NW with pts to so hopefully could still profit from game assuming Iowa does win.

I like doing a couple ML of dogs in the TD+ range to make it more worthwhile. So not sure what else I play later. Pretty sure I have cold feet on Az St. Didn't play ISU ML. May do NM St or Wyo.

Lots of nice dogs coming in for us yesterday.

I did not play the NM ST ML, but watched the OT. Jennings got benched for ULL, but had to come back in when Nixon got hurt. He almost threw an INT in 2OT before their missed FG. McGruire was also on and off the field due to his injuries.

Rose fumbled on the last 2 plays of the game, NM St recovered both of them, one in the EZ for the winning TD.

Did play WYO ML. I'm kind of a closet Wyoming fan anyway.

Northwestern got just about every break known to man in that Iowa game. Iowa may have had more special team return yards than offensive yards, exagerrating, but they had a bunch of return yards. NW DE Ifeadi Odenigbo just wrecked the Iowa OL all day.

NW just outplayed them. I had an Iowa ticket (whoops) and they just had very little. Team looks listless and that was in front of a good crowd, I thought. NW sneaky good over vs market perception team right now with shitty defense and an offense that is also shitty but plays with pace.

Back