• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Carolinablue Week 0 and Week 1 CFB Plays

I’ve done more work on scary vs your squad. I’m less bullish bout scary now. I still have the concern that scary could bully ya’ll/. It not cause of anything I particularly like bout scary it just the impression I get of your heels anytime I tried buying into them the last few years! I still remember 2 years ago (Howell last season) when they played Hokies on opening night and got pushed around by a vtech team that wasn’t any good. The reason that sticks w me is because that was the season Howell lost basically all his weapons similar to how Maye coming into this season with what looks like not a great receiving corp. ya’ll were counting on that transfer the ncaa playing bull shit games with correct?

On the bright side Howell lost the really good running backs he had as well, seems ya’ll in pretty good shape far as that position goes. Scary was awful against the run last year! That makes this game kinda odd to me. I’m not sure I’d want to take the ball out of Maye’s hands but it seems like the best way to attack scary might be running the ball, that would also add the physicality I always feel like heels lacking. From a props and total standpoint is that gonna give this game a different look than maybe is expected? Do ya’ll have one main rb who gonna get a large portion of carries or is it a committee approach? You have a best guess on who would get the most touches out of backfield?

Random thoughts…

Will come down to OL and DL in my opinion, as if we can establish a running game on offense and control the line of scrimmage so that it isn’t just the Drake show, AND if we can get pressure on the QB consistently, it will take heat off the much maligned defense.

Receiver wise not worried as we have four guys returning and three young guys, so plenty of depth

Kobe Paysour should get plenty of looks from Drake, so if there is a prop on him, I might look at that. Also JJ Jones and the transfer McCollum could both see plenty of balls thrown their way so those would be the three I would look for prop wise.

As far as RB goes, British brooks is back from his injury so him and Omarion Hampton should get most of the carries, but Caleb Hood shows flashes here and there so he might try to maximize his minutes.

Random thoughts…

Will come down to OL and DL in my opinion, as if we can establish a running game on offense and control the line of scrimmage so that it isn’t just the Drake show, AND if we can get pressure on the QB consistently, it will take heat off the much maligned defense.

Receiver wise not worried as we have four guys returning and three young guys, so plenty of depth

Kobe Paysour should get plenty of looks from Drake, so if there is a prop on him, I might look at that. Also JJ Jones and the transfer McCollum could both see plenty of balls thrown their way so those would be the three I would look for prop wise.

As far as RB goes, British brooks is back from his injury so him and Omarion Hampton should get most of the carries, but Caleb Hood shows flashes here and there so he might try to maximize his minutes.

Thanks for the thoughts. Yesterday reminded me that wr is typically the position I find to be the hardest to play props on early in the year. Seems like no matter how much reading and digging I do I’ll still end up with wrs who end up hardly getting any snaps or looks. Unless it a carry over star I’m done trying to guess on these freaking wide outs until they show me who gonna get the snaps and targets! There been more than one occasion I was positive player A was gonna be the guy lining up where I expected, only to find out the coach apparently woke up that day and decided to move everything around, nothing more fun than watching the spot you identified as having success putting up huge numbers but it isn’t the guy you were lead to believe! That guy gets 2-3 snaps just so the bet counts!! Lol.

Long way of saying if you see me taking any Wr that isn’t already established as the man before week kick me!

Plan starting to come together for Saturday...

New marriage duties at 10:30am - go with wife to meet and greet potential dog sitter candidate (I know, I know, but gotta play the long game!)
Family duties at 2:30pm - Pick up son from work
Start pre-game drinking at 3:30pm
Call Lyft at 4pm
More Pre-game at sports bar starting at 5pm
Walk over to stadium around 6:30pm
Watch my Heels layeth the Smacketh down on South Carolina starting at 7:30pm

Ugly 1Q with only 3 points scored, but thankfully both teams woke up and soared over the total easily.

9-4 heading into Saturday...Let's keep it goin!

Seeing BOL w/ Drake Maye prop over 1.5 TD passes -186. Not a prop guy and don’t like the juice but that should be money one would think.

Added

Here are my 5 FCS so far...gotta roll out for a bit, so may be it...

All BM -

FAU -21 123
Cuse -37 112
Arky -33.5 112
Ok St -27 112
NMSU -18 121

@carolinablue first off congrats on the win against the Cock last night. I watched a lot of the primetime game and while the offense was as electric as ever with Maye at the helm, but got to say, I'm impressed with the defense. I know the Cocks may not be the best sample size, but the Heel defense looked much improved from last year and know this was going to be a focus for this year. Your boys should be an exciting team to watch this year and hope they do well.

@carolinablue first off congrats on the win against the Cock last night. I watched a lot of the primetime game and while the offense was as electric as ever with Maye at the helm, but got to say, I'm impressed with the defense. I know the Cocks may not be the best sample size, but the Heel defense looked much improved from last year and know this was going to be a focus for this year. Your boys should be an exciting team to watch this year and hope they do well.
Thanks man, it was one for the ages and had a blast being there in person. It was only one game, but man if this defense is real...

Back