CFB Week 1 Line Movement

tooltones

Life Alert Proponent
Figured I'd start a thread so we can discuss getting the best of the number early in the week (yes I know these lines have been out for weeks).

A few I'm interested in:

Utah 6.5 (don't think we're lucky enough to get the full 7 here and I refuse to buy - think they have a great chance for the straight up win over an undersized Tenn D)

Florida - 34 (see this one heading back towards five TDs, Idaho is absolutely terrible - lost their stud WR for the year; Gators roll and I never bet chalk)

GA Southern 22.5 (not impressed with what I remember of NCSU last year and have read about them over the summer. GSU returns solid core of the offense/athletic QB, but D struggled against lesser. Would love to see 24, but doubting it drifts back that high)

Rutgers/Wazzou over 61 (think this becomes a shootout, much like Fresno/Rutgers from last year - figure number will only rise until Thursday night)

Few more leans with little insight to where line will go in next few days:
Boise and over (not a parlay, think Boise undervalued this year)
CSU 3
Penn St 1.5

Would love to hear insights or discuss others you might be watching/monitoring.

Agree with a lot of your thoughts but just making sure you know that its Utah State at Tennessee and not Utah

Schrute,

Thanks for pointing that out, yes it's a typo. I'm big on the Aggies this year, Keeton should have a huge year provided he can stay healthy.

GL, Fondy.

Agreed on the USU Keetons. They go as far as he takes them. I'd love to lose the hook though as the Vols are much deeper and could wear them down 2h.

Utah 6.5 (don't think we're lucky enough to get the full 7 here and I refuse to buy - think they have a great chance for the straight up win over an undersized Tenn D)

Rutgers/Wazzou over 61 (think this becomes a shootout, much like Fresno/Rutgers from last year - figure number will only rise until Thursday night)

agree on utah st...7 can be found at betus, and might turn up late in the week.

same thought/worry crossed my mind, regarding the fresno/rutgers opener last season...but i think wazzou's secondary doesn't get torched until conference play.

We should have this thread every week...

Who agrees?

Love this thread

Ohio State,sorry The Ohio state,need looking at.
osu secondary their weakness,navy not gonna exploit it,one of the supposed best defences fronts in football gonna stunt navy option.
Meyer knew BM was carrying injury,gotta think they been getting Barrett plenty of reps even before bm was confirmed done..
BM injury could prove extra motivation in a game it could of been questioned.... mismatch talent wise,match-up looks great for osu

and here we dont have lines yet,anyway,from my limited prospective I wanna lay the points here,looks like a blowout and I prefer dogs but w/e
so back pn point,I believe it was 13.5 ? but unsure,being in a country where ncaaf interest is limited at best... not sure where this goes....

Not disagreeing and I couldn't take Navy... but great defensive fronts don't always translate vs the option. For one, you have nfl prospects worried about their careers with chop blocks ... and it is just a different style. That isn't to say that tosu wont shut them down or stop them but it is a different animal than normal run defense.

Also .. a little tidbit ... I think this is the best Navy team in a long, long, long time.

But ya ... tosu or nothing.

Big moves Washington, Florida, Boston College, U-ab that I've seen; the last couple happened within the last 10 minutes. I will as always post more when I get more info, but because I'm not set up to write this biz yet, I'm not sure who it is. Definitely sharp money, 100 percent. I'll keep my ears open. The U-ab move reeks of Billy. CRIS was at 3 when Cantor was pick for about 30 seconds lmao

also minor movement to Temple it seems, again, nothing official coming out of CKR at this point. I'll advise when that changes, and prolly end up starting the thread next week let's hope...

I think bc, florida uab for right angle.

sucks cause I am on Troy ... and could get a FG now. fml

Cheers for reply K,Ill fuck off out of the way now and stop side tracking

Hard game to handicap given the situation, imo but if one HAS the ability to value the TOSU QB situation properly there is almost assuredly an advantage one way or the other .. though I would have thought him worth at least 4 points

Hard game to handicap given the situation, imo but if one HAS the ability to value the TOSU QB situation properly there is almost assuredly an advantage one way or the other .. though I would have thought him worth at least 4 points
Id agree,maybe more but all about the opposition... higher quality oppo and the more the higher skill position players are missed,we see.I got way too many bets in wk1(when we finally get the fuckin lines)... GL this week,talk to you no doubt over the weekend

Looks like crossover game lines starting to drop. BM dropped acu/Georgia state line for Wednesday 20 minutes ago

I prefer the under in troy/uab more than a side. A guy who is good at making cfb totals and I both had it in the high 50s. Defenses are scary bad, but so are the offenses.

I see somebody got involved with WMU. God bless whoever wanted to back a side in that game.

Purdue showing several 10's now offshore, still mostly 11 in Vegas as Garfather noted.

I doubt that the other EXTRA GAMES will go up anywhere before tomorrow at the earliest for anything more than $50 grocery, tru.

Linde - Not sure what was happening with that game or who you are accusing of "these guys" unless it's the folks in Vegas. Every single place offshore got hit, presumably from a Right Angle guy or 10 (like i dealt with freakin' all last year). Obviously, the CRIS guys never got the buyback they wanted, because they're still 3 dog money (seems most places down here are sticking that for now), while most places out in the desert are from 1.5 to 2.5 flat.

Purdue showing several 10's now offshore, still mostly 11 in Vegas as Garfather noted.

I doubt that the other EXTRA GAMES will go up anywhere before tomorrow at the earliest for anything more than $50 grocery, tru.

Linde - Not sure what was happening with that game or who you are accusing of "these guys" unless it's the folks in Vegas. Every single place offshore got hit, presumably from a Right Angle guy or 10 (like i dealt with freakin' all last year). Obviously, the CRIS guys never got the buyback they wanted, because they're still 3 dog money (seems most places down here are sticking that for now), while most places out in the desert are from 1.5 to 2.5 flat.

Ok thanks Rex they BM threw out that Georgia state line I figured tha rest of tha crossovers were comin. Why tomorrow?

Was just joking that my boss shouldn't have left me here alone today, since I'm just sitting around and sleeping on numbers. Had to have been RAS, and the move from PK to 3 there makes me think it must be a rather strong play for them.

Did anyone, can anyone confirm the movement on those plays? Looking at two of the alleged games...

tru, simply guesswork sir. There is only the one game to monitor Wednesday. I would not be shocked if they wait until then or even Thursday to let you bet anything on them for the simple fact that they're extra games, and the main football guys are for sure not going to be working at many of these main places today, tomorrow or wednesday (last "off" week until February).

linde, i thought you were getting the switcheroo to nighttime. hard to catch sarcasm through the keyboard lmao

decent move to Monroe game 136 at some point in the last few hours; now 1 painted offshore, still 2-ish in Vegas.

143 OVER also moved a bit, game is in Seattle for those not in the know.

CRIS and a few others went cheap on the Mormons game 145, as there are some 16's now.

Vegas still cheap on UCF game 156; lots of 1's there, and there are 2's out there offshore.

Game 170 Nebraska down to 21 at CRIS; still 22.5 and 23 in Vegas. Interesting.

Agree with this Nebraska move Rex? Was considering laying before as it was on the cusp, now definitely interesting at the 21...

no real thoughts there, Florida Atlantic is one team where I'm not sure of my number, and I still made the game 22. El Paso for me.

some movement on the Ayyunem/Sakerlina total up to 59.5 flat or higher painted offshore.

Monrow now pick everywhere except Vegas.

Some slight Ole Miss support; I'll be looking at Boise if that one goes up anymore.

Offshores still seem to shade Western Kentucky but sharp $ OVER there obviously.

Ohio State going to 15 everywhere and maybe beyond that. CRIS just popped a 15.5.

some movement on the Ayyunem/Sakerlina total up to 59.5 flat or higher painted offshore.

Monrow now pick everywhere except Vegas.

Some slight Ole Miss support; I'll be looking at Boise if that one goes up anymore.

Offshores still seem to shade Western Kentucky but sharp $ OVER there obviously.

Ohio State going to 15 everywhere and maybe beyond that. CRIS just popped a 15.5.

I don't get that osu line. Cris reopened at 12.5 after Braxton was hurt, it dropped to 12 and now moved up to 15.5, 1.5 points from where line opened an been at for awhile. What kinda money is comin in on osu over -14?

guessing someone phoneying game. other thing could be that they think Ohio State just physically manhandles the Navals up front on both sides, rendering the line meaningless. who knows.

Back