CFB-- Thur- Sat; week 10

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
2008 Posted on CTG

50-34, +30,625

Started the week on a good note once again hitting Buffalo in what I thought was a pretty easy spot. Kicking myself as I debated making it top unit (6) but left it at 4 units due to health uncertainy of RB Starks.. Dude was obviously healthy and he went off as I had capped it.. Anyway, 4 units up to start the week.

19-3 posted on CTG the last couple weeks. 3-0 LW in NFL also so again, seeing it pretty good right now.. Not my first dance folks and know a correction is coming so buyer beware.. Been saying that awhile now:popcorn:.

Getting the thread up a little earlier than usual this week. I'll update this first screen as I lock plays in and will add some commentary throughout the thread..

Locked in:

Texas -3, -120; 4 units (may add) LOSS
Texas -2.5, -115; 2 units LOSS
So Fla. -2.5, -110; 5 units LOSS
So Fla 1H -0.5, -110; 2 units LOSS
USF-3 +100 2H; 4 units LOSS
C Mich +1.5, -110; 4 units WIN
Iowa +3, -120; 4 units PUSH
KU -1, Minny -0.5, -120; 3 units (ties push) LOSS
Minny 2H -4.5, -115; 2 units LOSS
Duke +8.5, -110; 3 units WIN
Iowa 2H , pk, -110; 4 units WIN
Texas -3.5 2H, -110; 6 units WIN
E Carolina -3.5 2H, -115; 4 units WIN

Texas--First number was the correct number IMO. I can't pass this up. If they were trying to lure Texas money in at the -120 vig, OK, they got me and I am quite comfortable with my position. Pretty sure this will drift back to the original number so locking it in now..

Leans / games I will pull my additional plays from:

So Fla (Played)
C Mich PLayed)
Virg (Off)
IOWA (played, and if you follow me you know why)
Minny (tricky one that I am torn on a bit)
Duke (played)
Ark (barely made the list)
Pitt (OFF)
Fresno (off)
Coly St (off)
UNLV (off)
Rice

Talk to me......:cheers:

Last edited:
add:

So Fla. -2.5, -110; 5 units

Both teams a bit banged up so having to make some assumptions here..

So Fla has a LB, RB, TE and RT questionable. Think they get a couple of those back.. Cincy on the otherhand has bigtime Q-marks at QB and this is the wrong defense to play with a struggling offense- and they are struggling. LW v. Uconn they were 0-14 on 3rd down conversions. Give me a nerf ball with Mags and Blue chip at wideout and I could go 2-14 without question.

First, lets take a quick peak at LY game in which So Fla at home gave up 31 1Q points and even though they outgained Cincy lost 38-33 in a very strange game.. So Fla had 8 TO's.. Hmm.. Remember the game and made a mental note for TY.

I'll take the more talented team, with less question marks, off a tough loss to Louisville and revenge on their mind at less than a FG everytime..

Last years Cinncy at So fla game..

Team Stats

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datahead><TD></TD><TD>Cincinnati</TD><TD>South Florida</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Score</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>33</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>First downs</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>27</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>3rd Down Efficiency</TD><TD>4-for-17
24% </TD><TD>6-for-16
38% </TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>4th Down Efficiency</TD><TD>1-for-3
33% </TD><TD>2-for-2
100% </TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Total Yards </TD><TD>375</TD><TD>481</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD colSpan=3>Rushing</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Rushes-Net Yards</TD><TD>38-137</TD><TD>37-99</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Average Per Rush</TD><TD>3.6</TD><TD>2.7</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD colSpan=3>Passing</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Comp-Att</TD><TD>14-32</TD><TD>31-54</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Passing Yards</TD><TD>238</TD><TD>382</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Average Per Pass Play</TD><TD>7.4</TD><TD>7.1</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Penalties-Yards</TD><TD>9-65</TD><TD>5-38</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Fumbles-Lost</TD><TD>1-1</TD><TD>4-4</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Interceptions Thrown </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>Time of Possession</TD><TD>28:53</TD><TD>31:07</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Good Luck Bro

Against you on Texas, Iowa, Duke.
With you on Minney and Pitt if Stull plays

Kind of like Arkansas but not sure what to make of it. Arky should run down their throat. I just know I want to see this video game stuff take a left hook and see how they respond. Think mentally they don't know how to play a tough disciplined game.

Thought process sound on USF. Better qb and similar everywhere else. Not sure USF is as good as they were last year though. Travel horribly. Last trip for USF to Cincinnati don't think they got 200 yards. Dantonio creamed them.

Col State

Was researching the Col State game and some stats jumped out at me. Looks like BYU doesn't seem to put up as many points on da road while Col State has a tendency to play better D and keep it close at home (BYU 0-3 ATS on the road while Col St is 3-0 ATS at home). :4_12_12:
They have played some similar opponents thus far, so there is some comparison to be made. Also, it's not like BYU's road sched has been painful and Col St hasn't exactly played a bunch of cupcakes at home to skew the numbers...

Obviously there's more to look at than just these stats. What else about the game makes you lean Col St?

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="7" class="datahead">Overall | In-Depth</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2">Off</td> <td class="datahl2">Avg</td> <td class="datahl2">Yards</td> <td class="datahl2">Pass</td> <td class="datahl2">Rush</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/R</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/A</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> BYU
COLST</td> <td class="datacell"> 34.5
</td> <td class="datacell"> 431.5
370.2</td> <td class="datacell"> 305.1
246.9</td> <td class="datacell"> 126.4
123.4</td> <td class="datacell"> 4.0
</td> <td class="datacell"> 8.0
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2">Def</td> <td class="datahl2">Avg</td> <td class="datahl2">Yards</td> <td class="datahl2">Pass</td> <td class="datahl2">Rush</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/R</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/A</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> BYU
COLST</td> <td class="datacell"> 16.0
</td> <td class="datacell"> 337.4
388.0</td> <td class="datacell"> 205.0
208.9</td> <td class="datacell"> 132.4
179.1</td> <td class="datacell"> 3.5
</td> <td class="datacell"> 6.7
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="7" class="datahead"> Home/Away | In-Depth | Last 3 HA </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2">Off</td> <td class="datahl2">Avg</td> <td class="datahl2">Yards </td> <td class="datahl2">Pass</td> <td class="datahl2">Rush</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/R</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/A</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> BYU
COLST</td> <td class="datacell"> 23.0
</td> <td class="datacell"> 390.0
386.8</td> <td class="datacell"> 305.0
269.8</td> <td class="datacell"> 85.0
117.0</td> <td class="datacell"> 3.0
3.3</td> <td class="datacell"> 7.6
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2">Def</td> <td class="datahl2">Avg</td> <td class="datahl2">Yards</td> <td class="datahl2">Pass</td> <td class="datahl2">Rush</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/R</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/A</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> BYU
COLST</td> <td class="datacell"> 24.3
</td> <td class="datacell"> 358.7
361.8</td> <td class="datacell"> 188.7
231.0</td> <td class="datacell"> 170.0
130.8</td> <td class="datacell"> 4.0
</td> <td class="datacell"> 7.3
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="7" class="datahead">Last 3 | In-Depth</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2">Off</td> <td class="datahl2">Avg</td> <td class="datahl2">Yards</td> <td class="datahl2">Pass</td> <td class="datahl2">Rush</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/R</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/A</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> BYU
COLST</td> <td class="datacell"> 23.3
20.3</td> <td class="datacell"> 377.0
334.7</td> <td class="datacell"> 259.0
224.0</td> <td class="datacell"> 118.0
110.7</td> <td class="datacell"> 3.9
</td> <td class="datacell"> 7.2
COLST</td> <td class="datacell"> 23.3
32.0</td> <td class="datacell"> 387.0
419.3</td> <td class="datacell"> 221.7
184.7</td> <td class="datacell"> 165.3
234.7</td> <td class="datacell"> 3.7
</td> <td class="datacell"> 7.8
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="7" class="datahead">ATS | In-Depth </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2">
</td> <td class="datahl2">W-L</td> <td class="datahl2">ATS</td> <td class="datahl2">Home</td> <td class="datahl2">Away</td> <td class="datahl2">Grass</td> <td class="datahl2">Turf</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="datahl2"> BYU
COLST</td> <td class="datacell"> 7-1
4-4</td> <td class="datacell"> 2-5-0
3-4-0</td> <td class="datacell"> 2-2-0
3-0-0</td> <td class="datacell"> 0-3-0
0-3-0</td> <td class="datacell"> 2-3-0
3-2-0</td> <td class="datacell"> 0-1-0
0-1-0

</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="5" class="datahead">Brigham Young Last 10 | Past | Remaining </td> <td colspan="3" class="dataheadc">Yard Margins</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2b" width="10%">Date</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="12%">vs.</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="12%">Score</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="12%">Line</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="30%">O/U</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="8%">Tot</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="8%">Rus</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="8%">Pas</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 10/25/08</td> <td class="datacell"> UNLV</td> <td class="datacell"> W 42-35 </td> <td class="datacell"> L -23.5</td> <td class="datacell"> O 62.5</td> <td class="datacell"> -9</td> <td class="datacell"> 97</td> <td class="datacell"> -106</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 10/16/08</td> <td class="datacell"> @TCU</td> <td class="datacell"> L 7-32 </td> <td class="datacell"> L 1.5</td> <td class="datacell"> U 44</td> <td class="datacell"> -113</td> <td class="datacell"> -217</td> <td class="datacell"> 104</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 10/11/08</td> <td class="datacell"> NMEX</td> <td class="datacell"> W 21-3 </td> <td class="datacell"> L -23</td> <td class="datacell"> U 47.5</td> <td class="datacell"> 92</td> <td class="datacell"> -22</td> <td class="datacell"> 114</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 10/03/08</td> <td class="datacell"> @UTAST</td> <td class="datacell"> W 34-14 </td> <td class="datacell"> L -29</td> <td class="datacell"> U 59</td> <td class="datacell"> 79</td> <td class="datacell"> -30</td> <td class="datacell"> 109</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 09/20/08</td> <td class="datacell"> WYOM</td> <td class="datacell"> W 44-0 </td> <td class="datacell"> W -28</td> <td class="datacell"> U 52</td> <td class="datacell"> 91</td> <td class="datacell"> 26</td> <td class="datacell"> 65</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 09/13/08</td> <td class="datacell"> UCLA</td> <td class="datacell"> W 59-0 </td> <td class="datacell"> W -8.5</td> <td class="datacell"> O 50.5</td> <td class="datacell"> 282</td> <td class="datacell"> 175</td> <td class="datacell"> 107</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 09/06/08</td> <td class="datacell"> @WASH</td> <td class="datacell"> W 28-27 </td> <td class="datacell"> L -8.5</td> <td class="datacell"> O 54</td> <td class="datacell"> 128</td> <td class="datacell"> -8</td> <td class="datacell"> 136</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 08/30/08</td> <td class="datacell"> NIOWA</td> <td class="datacell"> W 41-17 </td> <td class="datacell"> - -</td> <td class="datacell"> - -

</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table style="width: 504px; height: 291px;" class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="5" class="datahead">Colorado State Last 10 | Past | Remaining </td> <td colspan="3" class="dataheadc">Yard Margins</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2b" width="10%">Date</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="12%">vs.</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="12%">Score</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="12%">Line</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="30%">O/U</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="8%">Tot</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="8%">Rus</td> <td class="datahl2b" width="8%">Pas</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 10/25/08</td> <td class="datacell"> @SDST</td> <td class="datacell"> W 38-34 </td> <td class="datacell"> L -8</td> <td class="datacell"> O 54</td> <td class="datacell"> 115</td> <td class="datacell"> -15</td> <td class="datacell"> 130</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 10/18/08</td> <td class="datacell"> @UTAH</td> <td class="datacell"> L 16-49 </td> <td class="datacell"> L 21</td> <td class="datacell"> O 49.5</td> <td class="datacell"> -251</td> <td class="datacell"> -217</td> <td class="datacell"> -34</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 10/11/08</td> <td class="datacell"> TCU</td> <td class="datacell"> L 7-13 </td> <td class="datacell"> W 15.5</td> <td class="datacell"> U 45.5</td> <td class="datacell"> -118</td> <td class="datacell"> -140</td> <td class="datacell"> 22</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 10/04/08</td> <td class="datacell"> UNLV</td> <td class="datacell"> W 41-28 </td> <td class="datacell"> W -1.5</td> <td class="datacell"> O 51.5</td> <td class="datacell"> 163</td> <td class="datacell"> 42</td> <td class="datacell"> 121</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 09/27/08</td> <td class="datacell"> @CAL</td> <td class="datacell"> L 7-42 </td> <td class="datacell"> L 27.5</td> <td class="datacell"> U 58</td> <td class="datacell"> 4</td> <td class="datacell"> -76</td> <td class="datacell"> 80</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 09/20/08</td> <td class="datacell"> HOU</td> <td class="datacell"> W 28-25 </td> <td class="datacell"> W 6</td> <td class="datacell"> U 62.5</td> <td class="datacell"> -51</td> <td class="datacell"> 53</td> <td class="datacell"> -104</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 09/06/08</td> <td class="datacell"> SACST</td> <td class="datacell"> W 23-20 </td> <td class="datacell"> - -</td> <td class="datacell"> - -</td> <td class="datacell"> 106</td> <td class="datacell"> -10</td> <td class="datacell"> 116</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> 08/31/08</td> <td class="datacell"> COL</td> <td class="datacell"> L 17-38 </td> <td class="datacell"> L 12.5</td> <td class="datacell"> U 56</td> <td class="datacell"> -110</td> <td class="datacell"> -83</td> <td class="datacell"> -27

</td></tr></tbody></table>

I could be Vrabel and provide a chip block on the DE and then slip into the backfield. Should get at least 1 more 1st down.

So Fla (Played)
C Mich
Virg
IOWA (likely play, and if you follow me you know why)
Minny (tricky one that I am torn on a bit)
Duke
Ark (barely made the list)
Pitt (likely play)
Fresno
Coly St
UNLV
Rice

Going to top window. I am torn on playing Texas at that number. I know in my heart I need to leave this game alone as I have seen good eveidence for TT. After more research omorrow if its still around there perhaps.

Iowa, its the weekly thing for us.

I got Minny at a flat 7 awhile ago..

Pitt, talk to me. Thats one I was starting to look at...

I'll come back in morning, watched a movie and got some heavy-eyes now.

My favorite two on your list are uva and minny.. impressed with the way uva has moved the ball up and down the field lately, especially against that stingy gtech defense. verica looks like a completely different qb these last handful of games and his improved accuracy has given this offense some much needed balance.. hard not to like the duo of peerman and simpson in the backfield, and think they'll open up a few big plays downfield against that tough secondary after a heavy dosage of runs. Canes were flat-out embarrassed on their turf in ly's 48-0 beatdown to uva, but not sure how to weigh that with the makeup of these teams being much diff from the year before..

Minny almost seems too good to be true with Bacher and Sutton out... just layed seven and looking to pair it with somebody in a six point tease.

Keep up the great work, Tee.. hope you save some wins for college hoops! GL this week..

T - glad to see that we are considering several similar games. One game that you are not on that I like alot is Clemson/BC...any thoughts there bro? Either way, BOL to ya...with ya tonight for starters:)

As you know, already hit Minny -5.5 at -107 when the number came out, feeling pretty good there as it is up to -7.

Totally agree on Iowa and it made my card yesterday. Undervalued team vs. overvalued QB and under the radar play = $ here.

Will get to the rest after I peruse them. :shake:

Irish are much better at home Tee; against you on that one.

Also on Cincy tonight.

With you big on the horns.....have another great saturday (good health tonight and on Pittt)

Wow not sure if I like to see a 5 unit play on USF. They are my team but not sold on them this year.

Few quick points:

I have watched every USF game this year and they have a worse team than last year. Their OC ought to be fired (terrible play calling that cost them last week and almost cost them the UCF game) and Leavitt has done a poor coaching job this year IMO. Grothe has been playing real well with the exception of him being indecisive at times and take a sack rather than stepping up in the pocket or throwing the ball away. Don't know why they have Williams in the game when Ford is the better RB. On the defensive side, they couldn't stop the local high school here in Tampa. Selvie has been injured and the corners have been burnt the last few games on long pass plays (Pitt and Lou). Kicking game has been 100% better with Bunani (sp?).

Like the revenge angle as well as the short number coming after a road loss. Thinking had USF not lost last week this number would be around 6 or so. Lean USF at this point but idk. GL with the play.

Thinking had USF not lost last week this number would be around 6 or so. Lean USF at this point but idk. GL with the play.

Well thought out post ATP. Thanks for stopping in. Its always easy to be "tough" on your hometown team.. Think you are being a little tough on them.

Your comment above regarding this weeks number is dead on... Its easy to bet teams that are rolling and are coming off of multiple wins, but the numbers just don't support it. I prefer a team that I think is getting ready to put things together, especially when they are coming off a loss. I see that in So Fla.. In fact I see them 9-2 heading into primetime season final at W. Vir.. Cinncy has problems where you can't have them.. QB..

Pretty comfortable with this as a 5 unit bet..

Appreciate the comments above guys.. I'll get to the questions/concerns throughout the day.. Finally have a little time today.

Tee...are you concerned with the lack of line movement if everybody and their brother is on USF?...USF is certainly the better team, but the line, going up against a home dog on nat tv and reverse line movement makes me wonder...thoughts?

I have watched every USF game this year and they have a worse team than last year. Their OC ought to be fired (terrible play calling that cost them last week and almost cost them the UCF game) and Leavitt has done a poor coaching job this year IMO...

I remember something Jimmy Johnson said once that good coaches don't suddenly become bad coaches in a year, and something to the effect that even the good coaches have a tendency to try to not "over coach" and just let their players play. In his opinion, that is a mistake because you need to rememember that they're young players that need coaching. I think that maybe what happened with Leavitt and his OC this year. They put too much trust in their players' ability.

IDK, I've watched them a few times this year when they've been on b/c I like the program, and this was something I thought about recently (like after the Pitt game). Just my 2 cents

For what its worth...

tony pike will start for UC tonight is just what was reported on cinci sportstalk.. Chaz anderson was injured in practice and all they would say is that it was not a torn acl.. Sounds like pike is banged up still but will start and then see how far he can go in the game..

Going to top window. I am torn on playing Texas at that number. I know in my heart I need to leave this game alone as I have seen good eveidence for TT. After more research omorrow if its still around there perhaps.

Iowa, its the weekly thing for us.

I got Minny at a flat 7 awhile ago..

Pitt, talk to me. Thats one I was starting to look at...

I'll come back in morning, watched a movie and got some heavy-eyes now.

BAR- probably removing Pitt due to QB concussion and the unknowns there.. If he was healthy and I knew it, it would be a 2 unit play.. No sense adding a play with that unknown.. Thing is about concussions is often times , especially at QB, (see trent green file) the player thinks they are fine and the impairedness is misleading them.. .. Just not going to have a good feel for that situation, so pulling it.. With Stull, Pitt is a better team than ND, even at home IMO.

Texas-- ton around here and really don't have the desire to debate it much more. I think Texas is the the right side.. Let me ask you-- who has the more dynamic offense-- Mizzu or Tech? Some will debate this but IMO Mizzu has three better players offensively at key skill positions than TT.. Daniel, Coffman and Maclin... TT has good players but not at this caliber... If you agree with me on this point, and some won't, but go back and watch the first half of the Texas - Mizzou game... Texas totally neutralized all three.. Granted we are talking about a home game for Texas which isn't the case this week but it was alarming... Then look what Mizzou did against Colly last week , again reaffirming they are the most talented offense in the country, for my money... Texas will play at a speed even TT will not be comfortable with IMHO..

Give me neutral or even slighly negative turnover margain and Texas wins this game 8 out of 10 times...

Tee...are you concerned with the lack of line movement if everybody and their brother is on USF?...USF is certainly the better team, but the line, going up against a home dog on nat tv and reverse line movement makes me wonder...thoughts?

Rupos, I really don't pay close attention to that stuff.. Unless I am stalking a number (like my Texas play).. I got the number I want , if the books want to fuck with the public, which is likely, I really don't pay attention to it..

Its a highly debated topic. Its very low on my list of variables.. I reduce and add my plays based on a lot of variables--what I am saying is this is very rarely one of them.. But thats just me... GL this week bro.:cheers:

For what its worth...

tony pike will start for UC tonight is just what was reported on cinci sportstalk.. Chaz anderson was injured in practice and all they would say is that it was not a torn acl.. Sounds like pike is banged up still but will start and then see how far he can go in the game..

Good info-- thanks Zip:shake:

Good info-- thanks Zip:shake:

No problem. Just wanted to share with everyone since I just happened to be listening today and the guy calling the game for UC tonight was talking about it... He seems to think pike is banged up but will start and he made it sound like he'll go as long as he can then they may have to go to the freshman QB if pike cant finish

Making my first iPhone post in your thread tee. Awesome recommendation!

:smiley_acbe: just be warned-- sometimes too much access is a bad thing also.

There are a few musts, and you now have one of them..:cheers:

I remember something Jimmy Johnson said once that good coaches don't suddenly become bad coaches in a year, and something to the effect that even the good coaches have a tendency to try to not "over coach" and just let their players play. In his opinion, that is a mistake because you need to rememember that they're young players that need coaching. I think that maybe what happened with Leavitt and his OC this year. They put too much trust in their players' ability.

IDK, I've watched them a few times this year when they've been on b/c I like the program, and this was something I thought about recently (like after the Pitt game). Just my 2 cents

TEE....Thanks for the response. GL tonight with the play. Yeah, maybe I'm being too hard on them. I am just seeing things compared to last year. I liked this practically same defense last year more than this year. Hopefully they put together a better effort tonight. Most likely will be on them.

Counselor... Agree with your post 100%. :shake:

Think I have said everything that needs to be said in previous weeks threads regarding Iowa but a couple quick updates:

Coming off a bye week Iowa is pretty much completely healthy, including stud running back Shonn Greene who due to workload and running style is always bumped and bruised.

Newpaer clip I found:

ENDORSEMENT FOR GREENE: Iowa running back Shonn Greene has played his way into Heisman discussions and onto the ballot of worthy all-Big Ten candidates in a league dominated by running backs.

Greene, the nation’s third-leading rusher, drew high praise Monday from Illinois linebacker Brit Miller.

“The dude is probably the premier running back in the Big Ten and we have a great challenge trying to stop him this week,” Miller said. “I’ve got a lot of respect for that guy because of the way he plays the game.”

Also, Iowa's defense is just getting better when many thought they would be exposed eventually. Last three opponents have been held to 16,9 and 13 points.. They keep the game short and with Greene at runningback eating up the clock they stay fresh the entire game often wearing down opponents late.

getting pretty involved in this game but like it so--

add:

So Fla 1H -0.5, -110; 2 units

1H sucked.

Looked for adjustments and more motivation from USF in 2H

add:

USF-3 +100 2H; 4 units

wow tee really surprised to see you on this. i don't see usf coming back at all in this one. gl on the play

1H sucked.

Looked for adjustments and more motivation from USF in 2H

add:

USF-3 +100 2H; 4 units

I don't see it either, TEE. Hate to go against you but Groethe looks terrible and the way the O line is playing I just don't know how they are going to improve...

Back