Central Michigan

Da Hoss

Pretty much a regular
Can anyone tell something about this game..Motivation wise(Central Mich is locked into 2nd in mac west they beat w.mich for tiebreaker ,, type of rivalry. shouldnt C mich blow this team out?

Big rivalry obviously. All the directional schools here are. They are kinda set. haven't checked bowl situation though. My intial lean was EMU...not off regular capping but motivational.

In terms of the matchup, yes CMU is better, they have better personnel on both sides of the ball and vastly superior coaching. But look in Phil Steele or anywhere else and you will see that this series is always close and goes to OT sometimes. EMU won outright last year, as a bigger dog than this, and on the road. Now you have an EMU team with a well-liked coach in his last game, and on senior day. Not a great spot to be laying points. I would check the weather before doing anything. A couple days ago when I looked there was some snow showers listed.

Neither team has a running game per se, but each team has a mobile QB, and each team is capable of running within the context of their offense (which is passing based.)

GL

Flurries at best it looks like garfather.

Weather shouldn't be an issue...I will find if heavy winds..

EMU just announced that genyk is going to be fired....and his reign as eagles coach comes to a close in tomorrows game against the chips

big rivalry game and hes 3-1 all time against CMU... was initially leanin with the chips... but upon more research lookin at playin EMU getting DD and maybe ML as well.

looks like EMU may be a tough matchup for the chips in that their weakness this year has been the rush defense and the front seven, rather then the secondary... which on avg gives up under 200 a game.

hiller did torch them for 339... and davis for 240 (which is not bad compared to what hes done to defenses this season)... and also both of these games were on the road.
emu has a better secondary then theyre given credit for i think....

like them getting DD at home in this directional michigan rivalry. GL

thx guys.. good insight don;t like betting on coaches that are going out the door but sounds like dd's is too much

Number is theoritically tight and ABOUT where it should be BUT what has CMU done to impress on the road ? Ohio U , Indiana , No.ILL won by a FG and by 1 Toledo . Biggest Spread was -3.5 @ Toledo which they failed to cover . Indiana is in the Big 10 but is terrible believe Ball State smoked them and West Michigan also beat Illinois . So its the Big Ten arguement holds no weight IMO.

I think EMU has played fairly well past 5 or 6 games since bottoming out .

They had a LONG layoff before playing @ Temple but hung tight with them falling by 3 catching 12 points . Important IMO was the 52 pts they put up because we know CMU will score some pts here . Remember Temple w/o DiMichele hung tight with them @ CMU but in fairness Lefevour was hurt that game and left before halftime. They played much better them 34-10 @ WMU as they trailed only 17-10 to start the 4th quarter and think WMU rates at least equal perhgaps better then CMU. At Ball State they were down only 10-0 at halftime and down 24-7 after 3Qs hung some late points but also had a Pick 6 that got Ball State to 38 points . They lost by a TD late vs Akron and that was after blocking the go ahead FG but Akron recovered it and moments later scored a TD and converted 2 pts . The outplayed Army when they were doing fairly well but costly fumbles cost them the win . They won 24-21 @ BGreen.

I actually think this game should be CMU -8 as -10 to me is inflated .

Factor is the past history success that EMU has had vs CMU and the fact the coach is working his last game at home no less (regardless of fan support) . Hard to see anything but value in EMU IMO. One could say CMU had payback but this series has 3 OT game sprior to last years EMU win @ CMU .......

Backing the home PUP just doesnt see CMU defense being solid enough ......:cheers:

Also CMU off the tough loss at home to Ball State and knows its 2nd Place only in the MAC West . Only motivation is the the rivalary and the fact EMU won @ CMU last year which does scare me

<TABLE class=dataTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=taC>11:00 </TD><TD class=taC>12:00 </TD><TD class=taC>1:00 </TD><TD class=taC>2:00 </TD><TD class=taC>3:00 </TD><TD class=taC>4:00 </TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=vaM><TD class="taR b">Wind:</TD><TD class=taC>
44x44_West.gif

12 mph West </TD><TD class=taC>
44x44_West.gif

13 mph West </TD><TD class=taC>
44x44_West.gif

44x44_West.gif

44x44_West.gif

44x44_West.gif

13 mph West </TD></TR><TR class=vaM><TD class="taR b">Condition:</TD><TD class=taC>
snow.gif

Snow Showers </TD><TD class=taC>
snow.gif

snow.gif

snow.gif

snow.gif

chancesnow.gif

Chance of Snow </TD></TR><TR class=vaM><TD class="taR b">Temperature:</TD><TD class=taC>33 ° </TD><TD class=taC>33 ° </TD><TD class=taC>34 ° </TD><TD class=taC>34 ° </TD><TD class=taC>34 ° </TD><TD class=taC>34 ° </TD></TR><TR class=vaM><TD class="taR b">Humidity:</TD><TD class=taC>76 % </TD><TD class=taC>76 % </TD><TD class=taC>75 % </TD><TD class=taC>74 % </TD><TD class=taC>73 % </TD><TD class=taC>72 % </TD></TR><TR class=vaM><TD class="taR b">Chance of Rain:</TD><TD class=taC>51 % </TD><TD class=taC>51 % </TD><TD class=taC>51 % </TD><TD class=taC>51 % </TD><TD class=taC>51 % </TD><TD class=taC>51 %</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wind could be an issue ......

Also CMU off the tough loss at home to Ball State and knows its 2nd Place only in the MAC West . Only motivation is the the rivalary and the fact EMU won @ CMU last year which does scare me

Do you ever sleep?
You're one of those terminator bots designed to bet college football. :cheers:

One thing I forgot to say but should have, was that EMU doesn't really play any better at home than they do on the road. Oh well, game started. GL everyone.

:popcorn:

good start for them eagles, very early though. wish we had this game televised.....:whip:

If you check my thread you will see why I am on EMU here.
Their record against CMU last 4 years is impressive indeed.

One thing I forgot to say but should have, was that EMU doesn't really play any better at home than they do on the road. Oh well, game started. GL everyone.

I actually just read that EMU was admitting fans for free to come watch this game..... yikes. sounds like a struggling program.

:shake:

I only have it on game tracker so I don't know for sure about the weather, but something is telling me that EMU has the wind at their backs in the first quarter.

CMU has 7 runs and 2 passes.

Compare that with EMU who is passing a ton and can't miss.

Has to be a wind factor here in the early going.

Cap, no I didn't try the ML, I wanted 400 to have good value. Been burned a few too many times by EMU this year.

14-14

No lead is safe in this game, no deficit insurmountable. This might not be the first time in this game that a 2-touchdown lead is given back.

Check out the box score from last year.

jesus. that was quick......

thanks and keep them updates coming... im using CBS sportsline. still showing 14-7

Hard to saythough since they played 5 of last 6 away and that was when there was some improvement in quality pf play ..:cheers:

14-14

No lead is safe in this game, no deficit insurmountable. This might not be the first time in this game that a 2-touchdown lead is given back.

Check out the box score from last year.

I wanted the over but the weather scared me. Woke up to late . Possibly 2 of the worst defenses in the conference ....:shake:

Congrats EMU backers...no way does CMU cover 1st Half, full Game, or any other possible spread. They're making EMU look like goddamn world beaters.

Does EMU run a west coast offense? Schmitt is on pace to throw 100 passes. He's 32-42 for 256 yards and 3 TDs. I knew CMU's secondary was bad, but WOW

I'm not sure that I have ever seen over 50 pass attempts in the first half before.

52 pass attempts for 354 yards, 5 touchdowns. That's in the first half. He ran for one too.

My only question is will CMU get a TD or FG in the last 59 seconds.

Kent State @ Buffalo 2 PM : Thoughts ??

Struggling to pin a line on this one. Comin up with -7.5 or -8 but its so hard to figure Buffalo's value IMO because they tend to be small dogs and tend to be involved in close games . So even winning as dog in most of there situations hasnt been impressive. They had the fluke win @ BG which kicked me in the balls. Kent State has done fairly well on offense but at times are just accumulating yards and not points . Kent has a terrible defense and I really dont see Buffalo 's as much better .

Buffalo clinched a bowl bid and the division but its also senior day for a program who came from the ashes. However I think that actually works against them . Cant explain why but they have been fortunate to have alot of things go their way and just seems to be the point where it stops .

So truthfully I am lookimg for reasons for to be on KENT STATE at +10 or so . As I mentioned the line seemed a tad inflated . Here is what I can dig up ....

There is not a lot at stake when Kent State (3-8, 2-5) closes its season at Buffalo on Nov. 28.

The Bulls (7-4, 5-2) already have clinched the MAC East Division title and a berth in the MAC Championship Game on Dec 5. Coach Turner Gill may limit the number of snaps for his starters, which would make total sense in a game that has no bearing whatsoever, other than to try to stay sharp.

Coach Doug Martin feels strongly that his senior quarterback Julian Edelman deserves consideration for All-MAC honors. Without his No. 1 running back for the middle third of the season, Edelman put this team on his back and made them competitive. It’s hard to imagine how the season would have gone without Edelman { Makes me think he is looking to pad his stats which should mean points )

Kent State’s season was marked by turnovers at the start, kicking problems in the middle, and defensive issues in the final month. The Flashes believed in early August they would contend for a MAC East title and a bowl berth. { To me this means not a bad team but a team who went bad }

Offense was rolling into the NIU game but the near BLIZZARD conditions derailed it. They had scored TDs in 7 of 8 red zone opps vs Temple . While scoring 125 past 3 games prior . I am overlooking that game.......

last 6 weeks Buffalo had 4 OT wins . Kent State comes n with a tad more rest off since teh 18th. Also Buffalo came back to tie it late @ Kent last year and guess what won in OT !! Some maybe some payback or incentive to play hard for Kent as well (they were -2)

Call me crazy but I truly feel Kent State will be more motivated to cap a disappointing season off with a good performance( in their ind a WIN) and send out QB / leader Edelman on a high note . Alot of the midseason woes can be attributed to not having Jarvis at RB who is now back and close to 100%.....Its scary how bad Kent State is vs the pass and on special teams but I am hoping Buffalo is simply more interested in surving in a game IMO priced to perfection........

Kent State +10 ...pretty strong play for me but not a max play either ( try some ML its worth it) ...Not sure about the weather looks like some snow in the forecast so passing on the total would only play a 1st H over if that was of interest to anyone.....As I mentioned thought -7.5 or -8 was fair w/o the possibly resting starters and less motivated home team so that IMO gives be a line a good FG off....:cheers:

jesus christ! even with the new clock rules....

50 pass attempts in one half. thats an anomaly...

Each team is starting drives at mid-field that is why you are getting so many short drives and quick scores.

It was almsot funny for a few minutes . Team scores a TD you see kickoff and 30 something yard return everytime and the ball was making the end zone . So you are right field position was making life easy but EMU first few drives were like 90 yders and so was one of CMU (really 1st Q drives).

Do you know what the highest scoring regulation game is ?? :shake:

Back