Carolinablue Week 12 Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Only 2 plays this week and both are for a little less than 0.5 units as I decided to bank my profit and just leave a little fun money in the Greek account. This has definitely been a crazy season so there was no way I was gonna risk losing everything I had worked so hard for this season, as I feel very lucky to be up as much as I am after 11 grueling weeks.

TULSA -13.5 120
NAVY -15 110

Year to Date 43-30 +8.306 Units

Fading army is not a bad recipe at all.

Gonna bet the AFA game ?? Have an all service academy weekend ??

BTW your thoughts on the indiana game concerning red zone efficiency and nw turnovers were dead on. Haven't capped either of those games yet but i know none of my money will be placed on army this year. As far as navy I just got a new piece of information ..........

They just scored another td on north texas.

Had a rough week myself this past weekend! but looking overall still not doing too bad. But like you said im just glad to be on the plus said after this horrendous season!

Like both of those plays this weekend..total mismatches!!!

Was hoping to get your take on kansas and oregon this week.

With you on Tulsa, CB. The Golden Hurricanes have been playing well lately, and Army has been Army. GL bud!

c- if you don't mind me asking, how much are your units?

Actually I never talk actual money on here, just my philosophy, since you never know who is listening, but those who have known me for a while, both inside and outside the forum, know that I play a more than decent sized amount per game (all games are always to win 1 unit).

Nice solid year, good money mgt. You work hard at it, kudos and GL this week.

Thanks Tim

Thanks VK.

Don't see a whole lot I like this week, so just gonna stick with the 2 plays I have and not try to force anything.

Best of luck this week guys!

CB- Any thoughts on UL Lafayette as 4.5pt road favs at FIU?

Eh, don't like that number. If it was 3 or less I would take a shot with ULL, but I just have a weird feeling that this is the week FIU breaks that horrendous losing streak of theirs. Not touching this one because I could see a ULL 3 pt win or an FIU SU victory. No value IMO.

Good work this year, Cb. Smart to keep those profits in your pocket.

Thanks Bull...That is actually the hardest part to be honest, because it is really easy to think that the next BIG weekend is right around the corner, so why not just keep the entire account flowing, but I have learned over the years that it is smarter to withdraw the profit while you can because there is no guarantee that it will be there tomorrow. I have known too many guys who have worked their roll up to 4x an 5x only to lose it all over the final month or two of the season because they got greedy and let their money management go out the window. Best of luck this week!

CB , if you have got the time ... was hoping i could get your thoughts on two games.

usm at utep
and
oregon state at washington state.

appreciate it.

Thanks Bull...That is actually the hardest part to be honest, because it is really easy to think that the next BIG weekend is right around the corner, so why not just keep the entire account flowing, but I have learned over the years that it is smarter to withdraw the profit while you can because there is no guarantee that it will be there tomorrow. I have known too many guys who have worked their roll up to 4x an 5x only to lose it all over the final month or two of the season because they got greedy and let their money management go out the window. Best of luck this week!

Great shit Blue...wish i had half that kind of discipline over the years. :cheers:

CB , if you have got the time ... was hoping i could get your thoughts on two games.

usm at utep
and
oregon state at washington state.

appreciate it.

Don't really have an opinion either way on these games as the lines came out about where I expected so both were early scratches off the list this week. I usually go through and scratch every game that opens about where I expected so that I can focus my efforts on trying to figure out out my plays among those where the lines came out stronger or shorter than what I had projected. Just helps me stay focused on value vs reaching on plays. Best of luck today and nice job on the shutting down thread, good discussion over there!

Tulsa up to 15.5 and Navy up to 16.5

Tulsa game is live on ESPN Classic for anyone who is interested. You know you are a true degenerate when you choose the Tulsa v Army game over the OSU v Michigan one at 12 noon, but that is exactly what I will be doing in about 5 mins haha.

TULSA = LOSS (39-29 final)

Great effort by Army in this one, as they took advantage of a mediocre effort by Tulsa to get the cover. Tulsa's 2 turnovers and horrible pass defense gave Army enough of an opening to cover this one. Disappointed in this loss as Tulsa demonstrated that they had more than enough talent to win this one by 30, but at the end of the day all that matters is they didn't get the job done. Nice call on Army for all those who had the Knights today.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Blah day as both Navy and Tulsa failed to get the cover even though both had plenty of chances to blow the game wide open. Oh well, it happens. As I noted above, these weren't even for a 1/2 unit each so not too painful, although all losses suck.

Best of luck to those on the night games!

0-2 today -0.92 units (-0.48 on Tulsa and -0.44 on Navy)
Year to Date 43-32 +7.386 units

Back