Cardinals vs. Rams Discussion Thread

Az can, and could here, Dogs do well in the first round. The dogs should do well against the lesser seeds. It only makes sense. I would rather take a dog moneyline here then fade KC TB in their 1st games. I will be looking against the Titans next round but thats a story for another day.

Az can, and could here, Dogs do well in the first round. The dogs should do well against the lesser seeds. It only makes sense. I would rather take a dog moneyline here then fade KC TB in their 1st games. I will be looking against the Titans next round but thats a story for another day.
I would take all dogs except the Steelers and tease them 13pts

not a fan of teasers in this round but to each his own. Best wishes :shake:
I think the best way to do teasers is when you can leave them open. 1 at a time as opposed to needing to complete the ticket all at once. It’s a major advantage in my opinion to add 13pts in the NFL. Not so much in the other sports.

not a fan of teasers in this round but to each his own. Best wishes :shake:

I remember a few years you coulda teased them any which way and cashed all the WC games, that back when there were only 4 WC games of course. I think they usually pretty tight with these lines so stands to reason teasers not a bad idea.

If I was gonna do a tease this weekend I’d think bucs to -2.5 and cards to +10 be about as good a 6 point tease you can get. Shit, I might just have to play that. Lol

Not too concerned with awards...

Kliff is an average coach. Some of his decisions lately have not been good.
Fading Cards offense is a solid approach, no doubt about that

I don't like it at all, probably a point too high. JJ back and Stafford good for two turnovers is where I'd reasonably land but not sure AZ should remotely be favored at any point. But neither should the Rams.

I remember a few years you coulda teased them any which way and cashed all the WC games, that back when there were only 4 WC games of course. I think they usually pretty tight with these lines so stands to reason teasers not a bad idea.
I like that teaser 100% and teasers have a place in making money making wagers. This is the week that I avoid them and play moneylines and try to exploit over rated teams. Money line dogs high ROI (assuming I have found the right matchups.)

AZ, SF, LV. I think 2 or all 3 hit. thats a better return on teasers. Either way this week playing these 3 I find it difficult to think that any of these lose in a teaser too so pick what settles your brain.

I like that teaser 100% and teasers have a place in making money making wagers. This is the week that I avoid them and play moneylines and try to exploit over rated teams. Money line dogs high ROI (assuming I have found the right matchups.)

AZ, SF, LV. I think 2 or all 3 hit. thats a better return on teasers. Either way this week playing these 3 I find it difficult to think that any of these lose in a teaser too so pick what settles your brain.

I’m not likely to play many teasers, used to play a lot more than I do these days. Might play the bucs-2.5/cards+10, that one makes a lot of sense to me. Don’t think I’m playing a side in the raider/cincy game, think I’ll prefer a few props in that one. Agree with cards and niners ml my fav bet of the weekend far as sides go.

I don't buy the whole sky is falling/ Staff gonna choke narrative for the Rams- at least not this game. JJ Watt coming back but I'd be very concerned about the run defense after watching Penny carve them. It's not a one time thing either- det rb Reynolds gashed them. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Rams pound the run. BIG IF but if Akers is back in form, him and Sony as a duo will be able to wear a defense down. Stafford will get throwing lanes if the Rams get the running game going early.

Didn't even get to Kupp and his elite-ness. I don't think the Cards can keep him down for a whole game.

The Cards offense has been horrible for stretches lately. No DHop changed this offense drastically, but now both rbs banged up as well. Not buying they play better otr either as the competition @home was significantly better.

I think the Rams win

In kliffs koaching career

Game Weeks 1 thru 7 42-20-1

Post week 7 17-44
He's only been in the NFL 3 years lol so those numbers might need a disclaimer

Completely tied to Kyler years 1 and 2, this year DHop so his struggles with adjustments are real

Both teams are easy to fade this week really

He's only been in the NFL 3 years lol so those numbers might need a disclaimer

Completely tied to Kyler years 1 and 2, this year DHop so his struggles with adjustments are real

Both teams are easy to fade this week really
It's his coaching career, not just at arizona ya

Even worse at Texas tech when its factored in how cupcake they front load their schedule

Best thing that can happen this year for cardinals is to lose and kliff to be fired, team with a good coach is a real threat

It's his coaching career, not just at arizona ya

Even worse at Texas tech when its factored in how cupcake they front load their schedule

Best thing that can happen this year for cardinals is to lose and kliff to be fired, team with a good coach is a real threat

No chance he gets fired imo. Cards do have more guts than most teams but I don’t see it.,

No chance he gets fired imo. Cards do have more guts than most teams but I don’t see it.,
He's not getting fired this season, he'll probably be top 3 in COY voting and also have to remember he's the OC as well so you basically would need to hire two people to replace him. Been very happy with VJ as DC but we've seen that he's not head coaching material. Kliff makes mistakes but has also made some ballsy moves that have worked out. He's just not really good at changing on the fly and I don't know if that can be learned but he's consistently produced a better team than the previous season in his 3 years.

He's not getting fired this season, he'll probably be top 3 in COY voting and also have to remember he's the OC as well so you basically would need to hire two people to replace him. Been very happy with VJ as DC but we've seen that he's not head coaching material. Kliff makes mistakes but has also made some ballsy moves that have worked out. He's just not really good at changing on the fly and I don't know if that can be learned but he's consistently produced a better team than the previous season in his 3 years.

I know he not getting fired, just not sure that good for ya’ll. He has a ton of talent, they should be better every year, I have a hard time giving him much credit. Think his offense is bland, don’t think he schemes guys open just relies on their talent.

I know he not getting fired, just not sure that good for ya’ll. He has a ton of talent, they should be better every year, I have a hard time giving him much credit. Think his offense is bland, don’t think he schemes guys open just relies on their talent.
He takes a bunch of chances but seems like he's not great at adjusting. It could be a real problem this week if both Conner and Edmonds can't play. Last two years once Kyler got hurt they were a bad team, getting McCoy was smart at least.

Now without DHop the Cards simply don't have a WR that can get open, no scheme is changing that. You have to have talent in the league to get open. It's why the Ertz pickup has become so important but Kirk isn't getting separation from a quality CB. Hell AJ Green might be the best receiver but we all know how many miles those tires have. Kliff's been great when Rondale Moore was healthy at creating for him...but again, health.

He takes a bunch of chances but seems like he's not great at adjusting. It could be a real problem this week if both Conner and Edmonds can't play. Last two years once Kyler got hurt they were a bad team, getting McCoy was smart at least.

Now without DHop the Cards simply don't have a WR that can get open, no scheme is changing that. You have to have talent in the league to get open. It's why the Ertz pickup has become so important but Kirk isn't getting separation from a quality CB. Hell AJ Green might be the best receiver but we all know how many miles those tires have. Kliff's been great when Rondale Moore was healthy at creating for him...but again, health.

That what I’m saying, you sure can scheme guys with less talent open, he doesn’t, some do. He doesn’t use any kind of motion or anything from what I can tell. He outta help guys out some instead of just hoping they beat their man,,

I didn’t know it was possible your backs were both out? How likely is that? Is either practicing?

That what I’m saying, you sure can scheme guys with less talent open, he doesn’t, some do. He doesn’t use any kind of motion or anything from what I can tell. He outta help guys out some instead of just hoping they beat their man,,

I didn’t know it was possible your backs were both out? How likely is that? Is either practicing?
Will know more today, with the Monday game today is really the first day of practice this week

I will give Kliff some credit, I thought he did a pretty good job adjusting some in giving them a physical run game element they really didn’t have before. Obviously Conner helped that but think his play calling got better in that regard where he more willing to run the ball.

Reactions: KJ
Nothing screams confidence like the wife making excuses for ya, never good to have things in common with baker!!

I will give Kliff some credit, I thought he did a pretty good job adjusting some in giving them a physical run game element they really didn’t have before. Obviously Conner helped that but think his play calling got better in that regard where he more willing to run the ball.
I think he's adapting pretty well, when hired I hoped improvement season one, challenge for playoffs season two, make playoffs and push for division season three. Kinda thought those were aggressive goals with where the team was after flipping Rosen and the one and done coach out but it couldn't make me happier as a fan. Bringing in Joseph as DC was huge, he's really highlighted the defensive talent

I think he's adapting pretty well, when hired I hoped improvement season one, challenge for playoffs season two, make playoffs and push for division season three. Kinda thought those were aggressive goals with where the team was after flipping Rosen and the one and done coach out but it couldn't make me happier as a fan. Bringing in Joseph as DC was huge, he's really highlighted the defensive talent

That def fair considering but the front office has done a fantastic job to where expectations should be higher now. I would just like to see some motion every now and again, I mean it great they have hop and he can just beat 1-2 guys but ya gotta help some the others. Even with hop I thought it often gets stale since there not a lot of cleverness going on. Like why not move guys around and make things tougher? It’s allowed!!

That def fair considering but the front office has done a fantastic job to where expectations should be higher now. I would just like to see some motion every now and again, I mean it great they have hop and he can just beat 1-2 guys but ya gotta help some the others. Even with hop I thought it often gets stale since there not a lot of cleverness going on. Like why not move guys around and make things tougher? It’s allowed!!
That's fine but who are you moving? AJ is always going to play but is so old he really only runs the fly. Kirk simply can't get separation, been a good 2, still a good 2. The new guy Wesley has shown to be more competent than anyone in DHop's place. But he's certainly nothing close to the real deal. Kliff has done well in my book by making Moore important in the backfield and as a pass catcher, but he's been hurt too. Lots of trial and err right now with not a ton of talent on offense that's healthy.

That's fine but who are you moving? AJ is always going to play but is so old he really only runs the fly. Kirk simply can't get separation, been a good 2, still a good 2. The new guy Wesley has shown to be more competent than anyone in DHop's place. But he's certainly nothing close to the real deal. Kliff has done well in my book by making Moore important in the backfield and as a pass catcher, but he's been hurt too. Lots of trial and err right now with not a ton of talent on offense that's healthy.

Wouldn’t it help Kirk get open if he went in motion? Few different route combinations maybe? I mean if green can only do one thing that fine but there ways to help guys who can’t separate. I know I’ve seen other teams do it! Some rub routes maybe? Something. Just feels like ever since he been there the receivers just line up the same and they say beat your man.

Wouldn’t it help Kirk get open if he went in motion? Few different route combinations maybe? I mean if green can only do one thing that fine but there ways to help guys who can’t separate. I know I’ve seen other teams do it!
Could do it in the slot but not trying to play #1 in DHop's place

Thus all the passes to Ertz in the middle, which certainly isn't Kyler's forte but that's what you get

Back