Canadian Football League 0-0

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
CFL 0-0

CFL has been very good to me the last bunch of years and I thoroughly enjoy the sport. The hitting is better than in American Football circa 2017, and hitting has always been one of my favorite parts about the sport of football. Anyway, gonna see if I can't win a bit and have a little extra for CFB season.

Toronto/Sasky Under 50

GL VK!

Its a great league that i think should be way more popular down south

The hitting is a great point, 12 men plus a wider field leads to say more open field hits

Theres a good amount of games on tv down there now isnt there? I know espn2 had the opener last night

GL VK!

The hitting is a great point, 12 men plus a wider field leads to say more open field hits

Theres a good amount of games on tv down there now isnt there? I know espn2 had the opener last night

watchespn has every game streamed to espn3 or whatever the hell it is. I always just use the old chromecast to cast it to my bigscreen. It is awesome as a summer warmup to the college and pro foots taking us into late winter.

GL VK!

Yes, I watch a lot of the games. I watch it streamed on espn3 a lot too.

Thats great to hear

Tsn feed?

Always is the TSN feed.

And the lead play-by-play guy, I think is awesome. He did some hockey playoffs into the 2nd round I'm pretty sure for NBC Sports too. The guy is really good. It's a very solid broadcast.

Another thing, that probably ties in with the hitting as to why the league is exciting and it appeals to you guys, and think would appeal to a lot of people here if they gave it a chance

There arent any primadonnas in the league, except maybe duron carter, these guys just love football

Most of them have other jobs in the offseason, tons of fireman, teachers, real estate agents etc. They play for the love of the game, the fans are great, a cfl game is such a fun thing to go too

Always is the TSN feed.

And the lead play-by-play guy, I think is awesome. He did some hockey playoffs into the 2nd round I'm pretty sure for NBC Sports too. The guy is really good. It's a very solid broadcast.

Chris cuthbert

He is one of the best pbp guys in the world imo

Chris cuthbert

He is one of the best pbp guys in the world imo

100% agree. Dude is better than 95% of the dipshits calling games for any sport anywhere.

If I didn't think Doc Emrick was the single greatest play-by-play guy for any sport in any era (maybe only in Vin's category) I've ever heard, I think the TSN guy Cuthbert would do a phenomenal job being the NHL's #1 voice.. He's better than Kenny Albert (NBC's #2 guy) for sure.

Ya I noticed their commentators were better but didn't pay too much attention to it.

To be fair, I find the non-American broadcasters way more entertaining than American ones. When you listen to an EPL game, it is just on a different level than what we get here. The Americans are less eloquent generally and almost cookie cutter. Better content, better use language, more energy, and just overall superior in terms of entertainment quality and information.

NFL announcers these days are as boring and uninformative as we could ever get. I think Americans are always scared of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time and so they take no license or liberties with their words in the broadcast booth. It's a shame

Ya I was going to say even in the studio stuff tsn does, they have fun with it, do silly quizzes, bust eachothers balls, while still talking sbout the game

Nfl, and even ncaa outside gameday, its so pre ordained, this guy talks, then next guy talks etc, needs more free flowing conversation

Think being afraid on saying something has a lot to do with it

Ya I was going to say even in the studio stuff tsn does, they have fun with it, do silly quizzes, bust eachothers balls, while still talking sbout the game

Nfl, and even ncaa outside gameday, its so pre ordained, this guy talks, then next guy talks etc, needs more free flowing conversation

Think being afraid on saying something has a lot to do with it

Good point, Teeed...their studio stuff has way more of a TNT Barkley/Jet/Ernie/Shaq feel than the cookie cutter stuff on almost any other network. It is a great watch IMO.

Agree with the play vk, I was kicking myself for missing the 52 at open. I've been toying with the idea of a 1H under in this one since I think Ray takes a few series to shake the rust off and who knows what we get with Collaros and co. Sask's OL looks weak as hell.

BOL this season

And agree with you guys about Cuthbert. He has a unique style and is one of the best. A few years ago when CBC dumped him, TSN picked him up like the next day.

Back