Can I get a Rule Clarification?

A

Austintx_05

1. KC blocked the punt
2. KC never had possession of the ball

So how can it be SD ball?

Anyone know the rule here?

Im a little lost.. if i was on KC there i prob would have broken my laptop.. these shady nfl games are a lot easier to watch when u aint got any paper on them

The refs are doing everything in their power to keep SD in the lead here.

I still would like a clarification on this rule.

KC blocked the punt

KC touched the ball first, but never had possession

Those two have been established

So how on earth is is SD ball?

I think because he touched it after the ball crossed the line of scrimage.. who knows

once kc touches it beyond the line of scrim it's a live ball

Crosses line of scrimmage, considered a muffed catch by KC when touched then it was recovered by SD.

Ok.

So lets say the ball goes backwards in the endzone and SD recovers it.

Is that a safety?

The punt went forward pas the line of scrimmage..so it is ruled as a regular punt.. touched by KC .. so it's a live ball.. SD covers the ball... SD ball

Kicks From Scrimmage

1. Any kick from scrimmage must be made from behind the line to be legal.
2. Any punt or missed field goal that touches a goal post is dead.
3. During a kick from scrimmage, only the end men, as eligible receivers on the line of scrimmage at the time of the snap, are permitted to go beyond the line before the ball is kicked.
Exception: An eligible receiver who, at the snap, is aligned or in motion behind the line and more than one yard outside the end man on his side of the line, clearly making him the outside receiver, replaces that end man as the player eligible to go downfield after the snap. All other members of the kicking team must remain at the line of scrimmage until the ball has been kicked.
4. Any punt that is blocked and does not cross the line of scrimmage can be recovered and advanced by either team. However, if offensive team recovers it must make the yardage necessary for its first down to retain possession if punt was on fourth down.

its KC's defense that was the problem... fuck the blocked punt and sd recovering it, you should be mad at the 9823 yard run.

Any punt that is blocked and does not cross the line of scrimmage can be recovered and advanced by either team. However, if offensive team recovers it must make the yardage necessary for its first down to retain possession if punt was on fourth down

Once again the NFL proves to be a shady, shady league.

Rags - I am mad about that, but reading the above quoted rule makes me mad at the zebras as well.

While it makes sense ot make th epoint that KC backers should be mad at the run D, if the correct call would have been made we never would have had a chance to be upset with the KC run D.

They do this on the day we are honoring Lamar Hunt :down:

Either way, whats done is done. Can't go back and change it.

I just don't see how you can argue rule #4.

Any punt that is blocked and does not cross the line of scrimmage can be recovered and advanced by either team. However, if offensive team recovers it must make the yardage necessary for its first down to retain possession if punt was on fourth down

1. Did it cross the line of scrimmage? Yes
2. Did the offensive team recover the ball? Yes
3. Did the offensive team make the yardage necessary for a 1st down? No

KC Ball

Back