bullsheet- Playoff Edition

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> For 3 weeks in a row, the CTG site was “unavailable” to me, although I was able to reach the alternate site “proboards” two weeks back..
5-3-1 on CTGproboards in Week 12 ; season to date 48-27-4

Semi Final picks are in Post # 52 & #56

We are now in the playoff arena in FCS, Division II and Division III. It’s an exciting time of season, fun to try and pick winners, and difficult to do so. Last week I went 0-4 in the FCS first round, but this was more than offset by 9-2 in the other divisions. I remind all that I recognize this is a much tougher selection process and I reduce my bet size accordingly.

I do not like 12+ teams in a conference with a (money money) playoff game but I know I’m in the minority and out of step with the times. 3 of this week’s 5 playoff games involve teams that have already played this season. The PAC 10 opponents faced one another just a week ago. So which theory do we subscribe to: - Team A has beaten team B already and have the confidence they can do it again OR it is difficult for a team to win two games in the same season against a strong opponent? Before we get to the undercard games for this week, I’m contradicting myself in two of the FBS playoff games.

Central Florida +2 1/2 @ Tulsa – These teams played at Tulsa 2 weeks back and the home team won by two. I don’t like the way Tulsa lost at home to SMU in their last so my play is on CFU to turn the tables in the rematch.
Loss - Tough beat

Nebraska – 3 -120 v Wisconsin – These same two teams played earlier in the season, a game played in Lincoln and won by Nebraska by 3 points. This looks like a repeat win on a neutral field based on better QB play for the Huskers against an opponent that lost 3 of its last 4 and really doesn’t belong here.
Loss - One of biggest coaching mismatches ever, which I failed to take into consideration

No Dakota St -8 v So Dakota St – NDS at home here, a repeat of a game won by NDS just two weeks ago by 3 points. Pick your poison. I have no investment in this game. My gut tells me the home team covers and it also is telling me that NDS will not repeat as FCS champion. This IS a game they could lose, so I pass.

New Hampshire +9 @ Wofford – Tough for visitors to win in this playoff arrangement, but I like the 9 points and don’t dislike UNH’s chances for a SU win. Wofford is a pure running team using whatever you call that offense run by all the service academies. I don’t think UNH holds them down but I do like their chances to match them on the scoreboard. UNH has been here before on enemy grounds during playoffs and come home a winner or a covering loser.
Loss - No surprise to a few of you.

Central Arkansas +8 @ Georgia So – A little disrespect for CAU in this tournament who tied for their conference title with a team they beat, Sam Houston St. SHSU got the seed and the bye so Central Ark goes on the road to play one of those run-no pass- offenses. I’m taking what looks like generous points.
Push

Old Dominion -14 v Coastal Carolina – Another no play for me as Coastal Carolina gets into this playoff as a conf champ decided by a strange tie-break procedure. They lost to the best team in their conf, Stony Brook. They played last week and got an impressive road win. They have come on late in the season with some impressive outings, but not against a team like ODU who is moving up to FBS play next year.

Stony Brook +10 @ Montana St – Tough to go out to Montana and win a playoff game, but SB doesn’t have to win, just keep it close. Early this year they gave Syracuse one helluva battle in the Carrier Dome and they beat Army ( Ok, no big deal) No doubt the Bobcats play in a tougher conference. SB almost took down SHSU on the road last year, and a repeat gets me the money here.
Win
Cal Poly +12 @ Sam Houston St – Going against last year’s finalist because CP comes from a stronger (much? ) conference and I do like points added to my final score.
Win
Illinois St +4 @ Appalachian – Wrong team favored here? The Redbirds have won all 5 of their road encounters this season. No disrespect for Appy here, a former 3 time FCS champ, but all of their losses have come at home.
Win
Wagner + 20 @ Eastern Washington – I’m not going to invest here because although EWU comes out of a much stronger conference, and has playoff credentials – they were champs two years ago – all but one of their wins have been under the number. Wagner has a surprisingly good year and earns respect for their 30-0 shellacking of highly rated Albany several weeks back.

Adding
Linfield -5 v Wisconsin-Oshkosh Loss - led all way, gave up tying TD late, lost SU in OT

Winston-Salem -8
v Indiana Pa Loss- Won game by 4.

Wesley +13 @ Mary Hardin-Baylor Win - covered by one

Last edited:
Bull BOL this week, always enjoy your threads and appreciate your thoughts.

Gl. 2 weeks ago was against you on NH. Now, I'm against them. They don't deserve to be in the. Playoffs, IMO. Towson got screwed. UNHs two best wins were Maine and Richmond and they lost to the better CAA teams (ODU and Towson, didn't play JMU).

I think they got a favorable schedule and lost to the two good teams they played. Snuck by so e of the bad teams.

As for ODU, I'm on the fence. Don't know much about Coastal. Sounds like there offense is mediocre. Tey don't run a pure option so that is good for ODU. Step up in class for Coastal, I don't know if they can hang. They kinda of remind me of the Norfolk St playoff game last year.

Can you give a better reasoning to back Central Fl? Tulsa seems to have the blueprint to beat this team and I don't see them losing this game at all. They over match Central IMO and they absolutely outgained them over 400 yards to just barely under 250. Losing bad to SMU just seemed to give this game HUGE value

GL this week Bull

Don't like to see you fading my SoCon teams, esp Wofford, but hopefully they all win SU and you get your covers

Added Div II and III games

Linfield -5 v Wisconsin-Oshkosh
Wesley +13 @ Mary Hardin-Baylor
Winston-Salem -8 v Indiana Pa

ddk -- When two evenly matched teams play one another a second time, I almost always play the loser of the first game. A little more motivation maybe, and it's very hardto beat a good team twice. Reference UCLA-Stanford last nigt where those of us on UCLA came away with a nice win.

dollaz- I'd be very surprised if ODU loses today. CC wouldn't be here if Stony Brook hadn't screwed up against Liberty ( Two pick 6ers as I recall )
Betting UNH based on coach's record of winning or losiong verey close in away playoff games. Agree, they don't deserve to be here. Towson should have gotten the call instead.

dwight - these games are difficult, I keep saying, and I could be all wrong re Wofford and Appy. By now it should be clear that I like dogs. Woof Woof

tim- really sorry to see Maryland going to Big 14. I'll look back to see if you put yup athread on this while I couldn't get on the site.

Marsski - Good to have you aboard, and if you like Stony, I hope they make you, and me, happy.

GL all.

Good stuff as always Bull. Congrats on a great season, time to cap it off with some FCS playoffs. Man we are on all the same in FCS today! Yep, I'm fading SoCON all the way today as well and think Stony Brook keeps it close. Will tail you on some Cal Poly, SHSU not as good as last year. Let's tear'em up today! GL

Bull: want to thank you for posting. my guy generally does not offer games from your bullsheet. but, if he does I always tail you. he put up the stony brook game yesterday. thank you for the winner!

Wisky, where was that offense all year? Jet sweeps, Monte in slot. Qb audibles, just nuts.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> bullsheet- 2012 Playoff Edition
4-5-1 in Week 14 ; season to date 52-32-5
FCS Playoff Pix went 3-1-1 and are included in the figure above.
Alabama-Georgia game was a classic; one of 3 best I have ever seen.
Joins Harvard 29 Yale 29 in 1968, and Nebraska 35 Oklahoma 31 in 1971 or thereabouts.

I seldom stay up so late but I watched Wisconsin humiliate Nebraska right to the end.
Great example of one coach outcoaching the other.

Bungled punt coverage and two missed xtra points , one by each team, cost me the Tulsa-Central Fla game, a bet I would make again.

No surprises to me in the FCS playoff games. Six favorites were SU winners and 3 of them covered. There was one push, and one outright (small) upset when Illinois St beat Appy in OT.

No comment to offer on the Division II and III games other than to say that the points were significant in 2 of the 3 games posted.
[FONT=&quot]Join me in this thread late Friday or Saturday for games in [/FONT]<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->Week 15

Wisky, where was that offense all year? Jet sweeps, Monte in slot. Qb audibles, just nuts.

I guess when you know that you can sleep walk to the Big 10 championship, you don't have to show all your cards...but you are right...it was nuts watching that..

Aztec- Good to see you again. I'm on Montana St but don't let that worry you.
The books have these games priced to go either way.

p-unit, play2win, and bones -- glad we were on Stony together. Gl going forward.

Moot - always good to see you using your subscription to the bullsheet. I'm going with the Southern Conf teams tomorrow. I agree with your comment re SHSU, and hope we are correct in our assessment.

bloodhound - always good to have you on board. GL this week.

Big Ten fans -- I play almost every game in that conference and have had good year. But I sure miss handicapped that Badger-Husker game. It will be good to see Barry on the sidelines again come the Rose Bowl.

Here are the games I'm playing in Week 15. I repeat that these games are tough to handicap so my bet size is smaller because I am NOT going to give back to 5Dimes all my winnings. Also, 'm going against what I presume the consensus would be.

I'm thinking the triple option used by Southern Conf teams will give trouble to their opponents- and I like Montana St at home to get a little payback for the drubbing they took at SHSU in last year's quarterfinals.

Montana St -1 v Sam Houston St - Going with the home team from the stronger conference here.
Bad Loss

Georgia So E @ Old Dominion - Two contrasting styles here. Couldn't be any different. Strength of schedule points me to GS Win

Wofford +16 @ No Dakota St - Lot of points to spot a team that can eat up a lot of clock. Win

Illinois St +5 @ Eastern Wash - In the game they could win SU, the Redbirds get enough here to win a FG game against a team that wins a lot of squeakers. Loss

Mt Union -12 v Mary Hardin-Baylor - I'd be shocked if this game doesn't decide the Division III championship. Tough opponent here but Mt Union seems to win big no matter who they play.
A very lucky Win
St Thomas +3 v Wisc-Oshkosh - I'll bite here on the higher ranked home team getting points. Lost one of last week's games, same situation. Win

I have made bets in the other two games . I just don't feel I have the knowledge or confidence to post them. If you are interested, just say so.
'an_horse''an_horse' GOOD LUCK to all.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on D2. Lean both away dogs.

I'm on Valdosta and West Texas A & M, Monger. So I guess we see alike. I bet WT A & M even but if anyone is favored I would have to assume it's W - S at home.

GL Bull - kind of surprised to see Mont St. favored by 3 in that one. I thought SHSU might be a small fav. Hope you nail them this week.

since i have 0 idea of any of these teams...i'm going to plug everything u put in and tail the shit out of your since i want to gamble on something! are all your bets the same or do u like one or 2 of these more than others?

since i have 0 idea of any of these teams...i'm going to plug everything u put in and tail the shit out of your since i want to gamble on something! are all your bets the same or do u like one or 2 of these more than others?

Go Irish - I may like some better than others, but not enough in these playoffs to make a difference. I learned a long time ago that my "best bets" frequently lost and my marginal bets were winners.

For the playoffs, I am betting 66.6666% on Division II and III of what I bet on FCS.

And in regular season, my FBS bets are 50% of my FCS bets. Within each classification, all bets are for same amount.

Hope this helps. GL, Obviously I hope you are a winner this week-end LOL

Tim _ I hope the books have the right team favored. This is one of 3 surprises. Well maybe.
Two of the Div II and III lines were much more of a surprise to me than this one.

GL _ I see you guys won a basketball game last night. Wishing you a good year there.

Great job as always on this stuff Bull. I threw a little beer money on Montana St's ML this evening. Good luck.

Don't know what to expect from ODU. They lost 55-48 last year aT GSU. This year at home. ODU team is significantly better, not sure if GSU is better. Def contrasting styles. ODU has been studying the triple option since last summer in anticipation of facing a team like GSU in the playoffs. Not sure how much that will help.

Prim expecting another shoot out. Just hope ODU is on top at the end. Hopefully our two dimensional offense is difference. They don't seem to be able to pass a lick.

HUNT, Doggy -- It would be nice to win on a Friday night. Good to have you with me.

dollaz - Looking forward to a real interesting game. No doubt last year's result and the change in venue is a plus for ODU. If I lose this one, I'll be happy for you. I like the winner's chances to go all the way to the final and maybe win out.

Thanks Bull and good luck

I'll be there tomorrow. Can't wait. Biggest game in program history

Bull. You definitely have the odds makers beaten. Wintastic season and outstanding record

bull..i have found some of these lines but a few i can't find on 5dime or betus...which site do u use if you don't mind me asking?

[TABLE="width: 528"]
<COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=11 width=64><TBODY>[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 192, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]12/06 01:39 AM PST[/TD]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]College Football[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]GAME #145-146[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 11"]No Dakota State - QB Brock Jensen (Wrist) is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Wofford[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

Irish - Div II and III are in College xtra . The FCS games are in just plain "College"

Tim - Good info

bloodhound, PLAYBALL - thanks for the good words , but see below

Montana St was a horrible call and I'm sorry for all the followers. This was a mismatch for sure , and was obvious by mid second quarter.

Montana St was a horrible call and I'm sorry for all the followers. This was a mismatch for sure , and was obvious by mid second quarter.

We All have a bad capp now and then...dont let this one game bother u. its over so on to today....the long run is what counts my friend

thanks, mr hound - the Georgia So win today makes me feel better. And looks like Wofford may cash, too, along with 3 of my litttle league plays.'an_horse''an_horse'

thanks, mr hound - the Georgia So win today makes me feel better. And looks like Wofford may cash, too, along with 3 of my litttle league plays.'an_horse''an_horse'

Good job. So disappointed. Wwe had a chance to seal the deal and a fumble happens and that's all she wrote. Triple option is our nemesis, can't figure out why they never turn ball over vs us, it's a high risk offense.

Also, recover one of there 3 fumbles and we prolly win! And have a great shot at the title.

Ugh, done venting. Good luck. Gonna be wild for us in FBS

dollaz- I was thinking about you all during that game and it sure looked like you had a W well into second half.
You have a real good team and a terrific QB. Nothing to be ashamed of.
My understanding is that next year is a transition year for ODU, not part of CAA anymore but not part of C-USA yet. ?
Has your 2013 schedule been released yet?

Good job. So disappointed. Wwe had a chance to seal the deal and a fumble happens and that's all she wrote. Triple option is our nemesis, can't figure out why they never turn ball over vs us, it's a high risk offense.

Also, recover one of there 3 fumbles and we prolly win! And have a great shot at the title.

Ugh, done venting. Good luck. Gonna be wild for us in FBS
Tough beat there Dollaz, was flipping around trying to watch everything today and didn't understand why ODU didn't punt on 4th down when the game was tied and the qb missed the easy pass out into the flat? They gave up incredible field position on that possession and I was just wondering why they didn't punt and try and stop them and get the ball back?

Timh I think they knew they couldn't stop them either way. They were running at 7 ypc clip. Jmo.

Tailed you on Wofford and GA Southern today bull. Nicely done as always bro! Keep up the good work homie!

Bull - What you think on the lines for Geo South/NDST and SHSU/EW?

I'm seeing Mt Union at -18, opened at 19. Big number for a playoff final, but Mt Union can put up the points. Big question can they beat another undefeated team by this much.

Winston Salem -1 1/2 opened at 4 1/2 . don't know what caused the drop - which does surprise me. At start of playoffs, WS ranked #2, Valdosta # 17. Clearly, Valdosta was underrated and I guess that is reflected in current line.

N Dakota St -9 might have opened 9 1/2 . I can understand line coming out where N Dakota St needs to win by two scores. I think there would be heavy action on NDS at 7, moreso at less than that.

Sam Houston -4 opened at 2, I think. Surprised to see home dog here. Must reflect reaction to SMSU dismantling Montana St last week. Going back to previous week, they edged Caly Poly by 2 at home.

I haven't made final determination yet on how I'm going to go on these.

Back