bullsheet -2013 Week 13 edition

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
4-5 last week ; 3-4 FCS , 1-1 FBS

Season to Date 66-47

FCS 46-37

CRossovers 11-2

FBS 9-8

Made some bad picks and some good ones last week, but there were two that looked good but turned sour. Ohio State were rollling toward another big win late first half, and then something happened. They never crossed the cover line and missed by two scores despite the lopsided win.
Harvard led 38-0 mid third quarter and Coach Murphy pulled a lot of his regulars. H never recorded another first down and Penn made every possession count until the last one, when Harvard held on downs in the red zone and escaped 38-30.
Let's see if we can finish the FCS season with a bang. Playoffs start next week. Division2 and 3 are this week, but no lines yet.
Brown -22 @ Columbia - Brown one of the better teams in Ivy League despite so-so record. Columbia is awful.

Dartmouth +10 1/2 v Princeton - Big Green rank 3rd best in Ivy, and off games with Harvard these teams look pretty close. Taking home team against clearly Ivy League best on a day when the weather may be a factor.

Bucknell -7 1/2 @ V M I - At the beginning of the year, Bucknell looked bad as usual. But by mid season they had turned things around and at this point are a playoff caliber team.
I'm taking them here despite going on the road against the woeful Keydets.

Appalachian -11 1/2 V West Carolina - Long time power says good bye to the Southern Conference with a convincing win over the league's weakest eleven ( well, maybe not this year, because we have )

Samford -22 1/2 v Elon - In a game they need to get into a three way tie for conf championship, the Bulldogs face the league's co-doormat in a home game finale.

Wofford +8 1/2 @ Furman - Terriers a very logical spoiler here with their grind-it -out ground attack. These two old rivals usually play it pretty close, and the pressure is all on the Paladins here. Win and they are conf co-champs and get the automatic playoff spot; lose and go home.

Villanova -11 1/2 v Delaware - Rating services rate the 'cats a lot bigger favorites than this. Best FCS team not to make playoffs.

Colgate +14 1/2 v Fordham - Taking the home team dog here despite a disappointing season. Something has happened to the Rams since mid-season and they have won by two points twice and lost by 13 in the last three weeks.

New Hampshire +3 v Maine - Wildcats can thrust themselves into an at large playoff spot with a win here, while Black Bears are comfortably IN as undefeated (in FCS) conference champs. U N H usually wins this game, especially when they play at home, and weather could be a factor here. Maine depends on the passing arm of Marcus Wasilewski.

Jacksonville St -23 v SE Missouri - Going with a heavy favorite here, a team rated one to two Touchdowns better than the number. An impressive win by the Gamecocks could give them an outside chance at an at large playoff spot.

and for an FCS finale, let's throw in here for a half unit - -

Bobby Morris +2 1/2 @ St Francis- - in Joe Walton's last game as Robert Morris coach. You young bucks all remember NY Jet's Tight End Joe Walton, don't you ?

Michigan State -7 @ Northwestern - If sparty isn't 7plus better here, the snakebitten Wildcats will find a way to give them the cover.

Memphis +24 @ Louisville - no one has come close to this number against the Tigers this year, despite their 3-6 record. Cardinals in small sandwich between Houston and Cincinnati.

and - without further comment ( see my crossover thread)

Chattanooga +49 @ Alabama

Georgia Southern +28 @ Florida

Coastal Carolina +34 1/2 @ So Carolina

North Carolina -17 v Old Dominion

Sometimes late play on favs jacks up the number. I don't know if that happens here, but I'm posting what 5 Dimes has now. I may take my chances and wait till tomorrow to actually pull trigger.

GL all and Happy Thanksgiving. We are having a 20 pound turkey and 12 guests plus Patti and me.

Bull - Best of luck this week and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Regarding that total Bull, I think Mo/Ole Miss is a pretty good over play. GL.

Back