Bryce brown goes kiffen

Kiffin did have a helluva recruiting class and for that I give him props.

Are they a bunch of headcases that will cause chemistry issues?

We'll see...

he has done a great job recruiting, no one can deny that. bama is watching him with a magnifying glass though so he better be squeaky clean

Kiffin and Brown desereve each other. They are both idiots that don't know how to stay out of the spot light. Brown is gonna be pissed because Lennon Creer should dominate the rock this year. He is a stud.

I am from wichita and I listened to the press conference of the walking recruiting violation. He said that God made him decide to go to Tennessee. If that is the case, then was God Lane Kiffin whispering in his ear? God would have told me that cheats, liars, and accusers generally need to be stayed away from. BB must have drank the koolaid when he was there, so now he can committ collegiate suicide along with Kiffin.

He is a good player but an absolute idiot and media whore. The only reason he wanted to wait this long was to get more media time, along with his BFF Brian Butler, otherwise known as his "agent".

The angrier people get at LK makes it clear he is doing a great job.

Exactly; he's recruited well and energized the base. The recruiting thing with Meyer was obviously an over-zealous error on his part (and they will pay for it in the swamp this year).

And since when does having Al Davis hate you mean that you suck?

Exactly; he's recruited well and energized the base. The recruiting thing with Meyer was obviously an over-zealous error on his part (and they will pay for it in the swamp this year).

And since when does having Al Davis hate you mean that you suck?

Having a 5-15 record as a head coach means YOU SUCK...or was that all Mr. Davis' fault, too?

Based on his lack of success...Kiffin never deserved to sniff a college HC job as good as UT's....:shake:

Having a 5-15 record as a head coach means YOU SUCK

Nahhh...it certainly means you haven't shown anything, but it doesn't mean you conclusively suck.

or was that all Mr. Davis' fault, too?

Yeah, partially at least; nice wins at the end of last year for the nation, but we'll see if Cable can lead this team for an entire year when he is expected to compete for the division and a playoff spot. I will say this...there seems to be a significant disconnect btw nfl fans/raider fans as to the current valuation of Al Davis to the organization.

Based on his lack of success...Kiffin never deserved to sniff a college HC job as good as UT's....:shake:

No argument here on that one; however, it doesn't mean he will fail at UT and what I really object to is anyone trying to correlate anything he did at Oakland to what will happen at UT. Different planets.

All I can go by is what I see...and that is that he's recruited well his 1st year (not always easy) and energized the base (pretty easy). At this point...nothing else much matters till the fall.

:shake:

<!-- / message -->

Last edited:
Having a 5-15 record as a head coach means YOU SUCK

Nahhh...it certainly means you haven't shown anything, but it doesn't mean you conclusively suck.

or was that all Mr. Davis' fault, too?

Yeah, partially at least; nice wins at the end of last year for the nation, but we'll see if Cable can lead this team for an entire year when he is expected to compete for the division and a playoff spot. I will say this...there seems to be a significant disconnect btw nfl fans/raider fans as to the current valuation of Al Davis to the organization.

No argument here on that one; however, it doesn't mean he will fail at UT and what I really object to is anyone trying to correlate anything he did at Oakland to what will happen at UT. Different planets.

All I can go by is what I see...and that is that he's recruited well his 1st year (not always easy) and energized the base (pretty easy). At this point...nothing else much matters till the fall.

:shake:

<!-- / message -->

Because NFL "fans" get most of their Raiders info from the always slanted BSPN...while Raiders fans on this site actually read and look for unbiased info from numerous Raider related sources (enjoy):
www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/
www.raidernews.com/x/
www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/
www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?blogid=11&entry_id=37049
www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/raiders/

And, I know San Diego is Raider Hater territory...what with all those Bolt SuperBowl trophies...but Mr. Davis is/was/always will be the Raiders....:shake:

My main point...since the beginning of this thread...is the one highlighted.

Mully :cheers:

mmm...being a dolphin fan, I'm a Jet hater from the get go. I wanna fight...wtf is captwo???

I don't hate the raiders; I DO know a lot of raider fans in the la area that i flip shit to when the chargers beat them (which is going on like 11 or 12 in a row right now, btw, not insignificant), but by and large, i think the nfl is more fun when the raiders are good and pissing off their divisional rivals.

As i said before, can't argue with your highlighted point, Mully.

I'm actually not going to say to much about Davis and the Raiders for '09; kinda (quietly) thinking they have a bit of a breakout year and I could see them finishing 2nd and competing for the division as long as Russell continues his progression from the end of last year...

i'll read those blogs later; i just had two shots of tequila.

:cheers:

Just wait till the guy takes the field. The guy is a great instigator and cheerleader but what have you seen from this guy as a football coach that makes you believe he will do anything at UTK?

I think the best way to judge the immediate impact of a team's new HC is see what their rivals have to say about it. I don't think there would be a single person on the board that is intimidated or scared of Elaine as a football coach. I seriously doubt he survives two years. Remember, this is a team that lost to Wyoming at home last year and I really don't see them getting better by leaps and bounds this season.

mmm...being a dolphin fan, I'm a Jet hater from the get go. I wanna fight...wtf is captwo???

I don't hate the raiders; I DO know a lot of raider fans in the la area that i flip shit to when the chargers beat them (which is going on like 11 or 12 in a row right now, btw, not insignificant), but by and large, i think the nfl is more fun when the raiders are good and pissing off their divisional rivals.

As i said before, can't argue with your highlighted point, Mully.

I'm actually not going to say to much about Davis and the Raiders for '09; kinda (quietly) thinking they have a bit of a breakout year and I could see them finishing 2nd and competing for the division as long as Russell continues his progression from the end of last year...

i'll read those blogs later; i just had two shots of tequila.

:cheers:

Bro, apologize for assuming you're a Charger fan...Oakland has gone through an HORRENDOUS 6 years and I'm just sick of hearing all the dysfunctional Raiders BS...........:shake:

Kiffin took the Raiders job with the sole purpose of "padding his resume" in the hopes of getting a college gig...AD finally caught on and the madness ensued.

To me Tennessee is one of the top HC jobs in the country...and I hated to see Kiffin so unduly rewarded.

Thankfully, playing and winning games is all that matters in the SEC...and all these boys (Saban, Meyer, Richt, The Hat, Spurrier, Nutt, Petrino) have proven to be anything but pushovers...........:tiphat:

You are correct on one point...we've DOMINATED UT for 40 years...and I've never looked forward to a game more than this year.

Just wait till the guy takes the field. The guy is a great instigator and cheerleader but what have you seen from this guy as a football coach that makes you believe he will do anything at UTK?

I think the best way to judge the immediate impact of a team's new HC is see what their rivals have to say about it. I don't think there would be a single person on the board that is intimidated or scared of Elaine as a football coach. I seriously doubt he survives two years. Remember, this is a team that lost to Wyoming at home last year and I really don't see them getting better by leaps and bounds this season.

Another guy that doesn't get that what he did with Oakland or whatever dumb comments he says has no bearing on how good a coach he is. Since when do rivals every say anything positive about a new coach that hasnt proven anything in the SEC before? When Meyer was hired all you heard from rivals was let's see how his offense works in the SEC.

Another guy that doesn't get that what he did with Oakland or whatever dumb comments he says has no bearing on how good a coach he is. Since when do rivals every say anything positive about a new coach that hasnt proven anything in the SEC before? When Meyer was hired all you heard from rivals was let's see how his offense works in the SEC.

So, his pro head coaching record of 5-15 and non-existent college head coaching record...doesn't have any bearing or give any clue as to what type of success he'll have at Tennessee?

Love the circular logic of loyal UT fans................:tiphat:

If we don't look at what he did at Oakland where do we look? His OC skills at USC..? A blind guy with no sports experience could make big things happen with the stable of talent there. He is really good at ripping his shirt off and grunting in a room of 200 boys so maybe I should have talked about that as opposed to his stint in Oakland. You know as well as I do that football east of the Rockies is a bit different then what he may be used to. At least he has Orgeron on staff who is a proven winner in the SEC and will balance out his theatrics with his composed and collected disposition. JUST HOW GOOD A COACH IS HE?

If we don't look at what he did at Oakland where do we look? His OC skills at USC..? A blind guy with no sports experience could make big things happen with the stable of talent there. He is really good at ripping his shirt off and grunting in a room of 200 boys so maybe I should have talked about that as opposed to his stint in Oakland. You know as well as I do that football east of the Rockies is a bit different then what he may be used to. At least he has Orgeron on staff who is a proven winner in the SEC and will balance out his theatrics with his composed and collected disposition. JUST HOW GOOD A COACH IS HE?

Co-OC skills at USC?

:36_11_6:

So, his pro head coaching record of 5-15 and non-existent college head coaching record...doesn't have any bearing or give any clue as to what type of success he'll have at Tennessee

That is correct.

Bryce Brown will be a rerun of LSU's episode with Ryan Perrilloux. A 17 yr old that has his own website and postpones his signing day to gain more attention is telling. It is telling of what he cares about.

Much of LSU was against signing him for the above reason. And, I think Tenn will need alot more than Brown to compete with Bama, Fla, UGA and LSU. But, I don't want to rain on Tenny's lil parade. Have fun Vols fans, it's been a rough few years :)

So, his pro head coaching record of 5-15 and non-existent college head coaching record...doesn't have any bearing or give any clue as to what type of success he'll have at Tennessee?

Love the circular logic of loyal UT fans................:tiphat:

The next post you use logic instead of using your fanboy opinions while confronting other users about who they cheer for as if that is automatically relevant to the discussion will be the first.

Last edited:
Much of LSU was against signing him for the above reason. And, I think Tenn will need alot more than Brown to compete with Bama, Fla, UGA and LSU. But, I don't want to rain on Tenny's lil parade. Have fun Vols fans, it's been a rough few years :)

We'll see. Under Fulmer they played with no discipline and were poorly conditioned. They still have a number of holes but I expect them to be improved a good deal next year. The schedule isn't bad at all if your expectations are reasonable(7-8 wins).

My guess is they'll be very good by 2010 and contending for big things in 2011.

The next post you use logic instead of using your fanboy opinions while confronting other users about who they cheer for as if that is automatically relevant to the discussion will be the first.

Damn, did one of my Gator brothers bruise your vagina last night? :shake:

Gators (.706) have DOMINATED Tennessee since 1992
(when the SEC split into two divisions and they started playing annually):

GATORS 12 (1993, '94 - '97...Peyton Manning Years, '99, 2000, '02, '05 - '08)

VOLS 5 ('92, '98, '01, '03, '04)

In fact, over the last 40 years the Gators are 18-8 vs. Tennessee...

Last edited:
Damn, did one of my Gator brothers bruise your vagina last night? :shake:

Gators (.706) have DOMINATED Tennessee since 1992 (when the SEC split into two divisions and they started playing annually):

GATORS 12 (1993, '94 - '97...Peyton Manning Years, '99, 2000, '02, '05 - '08)

VOLS 5 ('92, '98, '01, '03, '04)

In fact, over the last 40 years the Gators are 18-8 vs. Tennessee...

Once again you fail at this. You turn every thread into an argument about your teams even when they aren't the topic of discussion. Your act is predictable and quite tiring. You'd really fit in better at a Rivals/scout message board. You really add nothing of any substance. Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Once again you fail at this. You turn every thread into an argument about your teams. You'd really fit in better at a Rivals/scout message board.

Bro, relax...it's the off-season...no games to cap thus a little trash talking.

And I can't help if UT's AD is so incompetent he hires a HC with no college HC experience and a 5-15 NFL HC record.......:36_11_6:.......it's just too bad that you're too blinded by fan-dumb to see how ridiculous this hire was.

If it was UGA or UF you'd be :36_11_6: your ass off at them, too.

You really need to smoke a phatty and watch some CBB...........:shake:

Bro, relax...it's the off-season...no games to cap thus a little trash talking.

And I can't help if UT's AD is so incompetent he hires a HC with no college HC experience and a 5-15 NFL HC record.......:36_11_6:.......it's just too bad that you're too blinded by fandumb to see how ridiculous this hire was.

If it was UGA or UF you'd be :36_11_6: your ass off at them, too.

You really need to smoke a phatty and watch some CBB...........:shake:

Ok I'll play your game. Our 'incompetent' AD's last major hire was Bruce Pearl, who has won the SEC East three of the last four years, made the NCAA Tourney every year, and has monkeystomped UF seven of eight times(irrelevant information to the topic at hand but I'll post one like you do). Hopefully this decision will be every bit as 'incompetent'.

I'm not blinded by fandom at all, like you are. Hell you think Al Davis has the Raiders heading in the right direction and you think I'm blind.LOL. Kiffin might be a huge hit, huge bust or something in between. Most likely it'll take at least two years to get a feel for which one. To pretend like you know is foolish. I don't know either and won't claim to. But hey I'm encouraged by the staff he's assembled and that he took 3 of the country's top 60 players who weren't even considering UT in December.

I don't know whether I'd be laughing or not if UGA or UF did something like this. It depends on the context of the situation(something you don't handle well) because they're all different. Looking at it from an opposing SEC perspective I'd much rather face a directionless Fulmer run program with no identity than something new, but that's just me. He was no threat to you guys. Lane might be a massive threat and it bothers you some or else you wouldn't so obsessed with it but I'm sure you won't admit that.

Ok I'll play your game. Our 'incompetent' AD's last major hire was Bruce Pearl, who has won the SEC East three of the last four years, made the NCAA Tourney every year, and has monkeystomped UF seven of eight times(irrelevant information to the topic at hand but I'll post one like you do). Hopefully this decision will be every bit as 'incompetent'.

I'm not blinded by fandom at all, like you are. Hell you think Al Davis has the Raiders heading in the right direction and you think I'm blind.LOL. Kiffin might be a huge hit, huge bust or something in between. Most likely it'll take at least two years to get a feel for which one. To pretend like you know is foolish. I don't know either and won't claim to. But hey I'm encouraged by the staff he's assembled and that he took 3 of the country's top 60 players who weren't even considering UT in December.

I don't know whether I'd be laughing or not if UGA or UF did something like this. It depends on the context of the situation(something you don't handle well) because they're all different. Looking at it from an opposing SEC perspective I'd much rather face a directionless Fulmer run program with no identity than something new, but that's just me. He was no threat to you guys. Lane might be a massive threat and it bothers you some or else you wouldn't so obsessed with it but I'm sure you won't admit that.

My main point has always been that the UT HC job is one of the best in the country and Kiffin has done NOTHING to deserve the position...nothing more...sorry if my trash talking offended you or any others viewing CFB through orange tinted glasses.........:shake:

My main point has always been that the UT HC job is one of the best in the country and Kiffin has done NOTHING to deserve the position...nothing more...sorry if my trash talking offended you or any others viewing CFB through orange tinted glasses.........:shake:

Maybe he hasn't, but who knows. He didn't do well with the Raiders, but that's shortsighted because nobody would have won with that team, no one has for the last six years and it's unlikely anyone will in the near future. As everyone has seen there are plenty of good college coaches who can't handle the NFL. It's not a good barometer.

The guy did a phenominal job helping build USC's recruiting on a national level and did a good job as their OC.(yes he did have a pretty big talent advantage on his side but he demonstrated that he can use it)

No offense- but you look clueless in calling Hamilton incompetent when his only major hire thus far was extremely good.

The fact that you post a lot on Kiffin when your team is coming off a second NC in three years and is poised to make another run next year tells me you do have some concern about Kiffin building something at UT. Honestly UF fans shouldn't give a shit about UT or anyone else right now.

Maybe he hasn't, but who knows. He didn't do well with the Raiders, but that's shortsighted because nobody would have won with that team, no one has for the last six years and it's unlikely anyone will in the near future. As everyone has seen there are plenty of good college coaches who can't handle the NFL. It's not a good barometer.

The guy did a phenominal job helping build USC's recruiting on a national level and did a good job as their OC.(yes he did have a pretty big talent advantage on his side but he demonstrated that he can use it)

No offense- but you look clueless in calling Hamilton incompetent when his only major hire thus far was extremely good.

The fact that you post a lot on Kiffin when your team is coming off a second NC in three years and is poised to make another run next year tells me you do have some concern about Kiffin building something at UT. Honestly UF fans shouldn't give a shit about UT or anyone else right now.

Kiffin was a terrible NFL HC, 5-15 speaks for itself...but I'll defer to you since you obviously know more about the Raiders, a team I've followed religously for over 20 years, than I.
Kiffin is not Saban...he has a 0-0 HC record at the CFB level...what the hell are we supposed to judge him on? His HS HC record?
Kiffin was USC's co-OC with Sarkisian...co-OC only. Kiffin is a good recruiter...but just how hard do you think it is to recruit 18 year old kids to Southern California?
Hamilton's hiring of Bruce Pearl was OK...I mean y'all are, even in the best of years, a solid major program that never contends for a CBB NC.
Again, sorry if I offended you by commenting on my alma maters rival's hire of what I perceive to be an undeserved and shitty HC based on his HC track record.

Quick CBB Q:
Would you rather have beaten UF 6 of 7 times or won 2 of the last 4 National Championships?

I do think this is smart...

Assistant coaches already guaranteed more money in 2010
By Drew Edwards (Contact)
Originally published 05:58 p.m., March 17, 2009
Updated 11:28 p.m., March 17, 2009

Tennessee’s assistant football coaches are scheduled to earn more than their SEC peers in 2009. That will likely be the case for the near future, too.
Multi-year contracts for UT’s assistant coaches include built-in raises for next season, according to copies of the agreements obtained by the News Sentinel through a state open records request.
UT’s new staff of nine assistants, which will earn $3.325 million in salary this year, is scheduled to earn $3.52 million in 2010. The combined salary for UT’s assistant coaches in 2009 is thought to be the highest in the nation. Meanwhile, first-year head coach Lane Kiffin will earn $2 million.
“We got in this mode where everybody was trying to speculate on were we going to increase, how much were we going to increase (salaries),” UT athletic director Mike Hamilton said. “This way we put in just what we believe to be reasonable increases, and it’s already spelled out. There’s not that speculation, particularly as we get out of the gate with a new staff.
“Hopefully, we’ll have the opportunity to give them other increases down the road, due to obviously winning some championships and winning at a high level.”
Five of UT’s coaches will receive $10,000 raises for the 2010 season. Wide receivers coach Frank Wilson is scheduled to receive a $20,000 raise for 2010, and linebackers coach Lance Thompson, the only position coach with a three-year contract, is due a $25,000 raise each of the next two seasons.
Ed Orgeron, who serves as assistant head coach, defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator, is the only coach without a built-in raise. Orgeron is scheduled to earn $650,000 each year of his three-year deal.
Defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin will receive a $100,000 raise to $1.3 million in 2010, however Kiffin’s total compensation will remain at $1.5 million over the length of his three-year contact, factoring in retention bonuses due each December.
Kiffin will make $1.2 million this season, with the potential to collect a $300,000 retention bonus if he remains on staff through Dec. 31. His salary increases each year by $100,000, but his retention bonuses decrease by $100,000, leaving his total compensation at $1.5 million per year if he collects a retention bonus each year.
Orgeron and Kiffin also can earn more if they meet certain performance bonuses.
According to his memorandum of understanding, Kiffin could earn up to $100,000 in bonuses each season if the Vols finish in the top three in SEC or top 10 nationally in any one of five statistical categories.
Kiffin would receive $50,000 each if the Vols reach those benchmarks in scoring defense or total defense. He could earn $20,000 each if UT meets the criteria in pass efficiency defense, rushing defense or passing defense.
For Kiffin, who earned $2.2 million last season as defensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, those bonuses are cumulative, although he cannot earn more than $100,000 in bonuses in a given season.
“It’s a way to help him with his compensation decrease he took from the Bucs, but at the same time putting some standards out there to achieve in order to get to that,” Hamilton said of Kiffin’s bonus structure.
Orgeron, meanwhile, has the potential to earn $50,000 in bonuses — $25,000 if the Vols finish with a consensus top five recruiting class and another $25,000 if UT’s defensive line leads the SEC in sacks.
No other coaches have bonuses in their deals beyond those for reaching postseason play or winning a championship, as was previously the case.
To protect UT’s investment in its assistant coaches, eight assistants have liquidated damages clauses that would require them to repay a portion of their salary should they leave for a similar position.
Coordinators who become a head coach in Division I or position coaches who leave for a coordinator job that includes play-calling duties would not be subject to the clause.
Kiffin’s contract is the only one that does not include a penalty should he leave Tennessee.
“We expect and hope that Monte will finish his career here, however long that is,” Hamilton said. “I think he wants to coach for quite some time. I think it’s more respect for what he’s accomplished in his career, and we’re proud that he decided to come here and serve as our defensive coordinator. Through discussions we decided that he would not have any liquidated damages.”
The penalty for most coaches is 50 percent of their 2009 salary, while quarterbacks coach David Reaves and tackles and tight ends coach James Cregg would each owe 33 percent of their 2009 salary if they leave for a similar position elsewhere.
“Those are younger guys who are just getting started in their career,” Hamilton said. “You’ve got to try to have balance in all this. You want to have a penalty for them leaving for a lateral job, but it was certainly something that needed to be thought about before they made a decision of that nature and also something that needed to be substantial enough that it would discourage that thought.”
Each of UT’s nine assistant coaches has a memorandum of understanding, which contains major items that will be included in their final contracts.
A memorandum of understanding is still a legally binding agreement, however final contracts are still in the process of being finalized.
Among items to be included in final employment agreements is a clause that requires coaches to notify Hamilton if they are contacted, either formally or informally, about joining the staff at another school or NFL team.

And, this is ridiculous...

TEBOW “PROMISE” SPEECH NOW MEMORIALIZED

Posted by Keith Arnold on March 18, 2009, 5:53 p.m.
I hate to be tough on the Florida Gators, especially after being in the midst of a mini-dynasty, and I’m almost willing to admit anything Tim <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_153_0">Tebow</nobr> does has the blessing of the mighty JC himself, but this might be a little too much.
Outside of the Florida football complex, the university has put up a plaque memorializing the “Promise Speech” delivered by Tim Tebow after the Florida Gators inexplicably lost to Ole Miss.
Here is the text from the plaque, titled simply “The Promise:”
“To the fans and everybody in Gator Nation, I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal, something Florida has never done here.”
“I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season.”
“You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season.”
“God Bless.”
I’m not sure if we should sell the movie rights to the “Tim Tebow Promise” story just yet, and you could probably say that more important to the team than the press conference speech to a bunch of media members was the dropped interception by Texas freshman safety Blake Gideon, but this certainly does fit with the goal of making Tim Tebow immortal by the time he takes a snap during his senior year.
I can’t wait to count the number of times that speech, and subsequently, the new plaque, get mentioned by the guys on ESPN and CBS. I think Verne Lundquist is foaming at the mouth right now…

HAHAHA they memorialized Tebow's speech.

I can't even imagine the size of Gary Danielson's Tebowner as he heard this news

HAHAHA they memorialized Tebow's speech.

I can't even imagine the size of Gary Danielson's Tebowner as he heard this news

I am hoping like crazy that UNC doesn't win the basketball title. I could handle anyone but them winning it. Can you imagine having Tebow and Hansbrough both being national champs at the same time? I think I would have to kill myself with all the talk of "good kids" and "he stayed four years."

Back