SEC Week 2 Discussion

It took awhile to work up the courage to check this thread. LSU not having a lined game this week maybe helped. I appreciate you guys keeping the roasting to a minimum. I think we can make some improvements. LMAO. But yeah a long year awaits my Tigers.

My early take on Arkansas is that they arent nearly as complete as they were the past 2 seasons. Cincy also took a couple steps back and was very much a play or two away from being in the game throughout despite some untimely turnovers. Not sure I can endorse the Cocks yet though. I also believe Florida is being a bit overvalued. These are just guesses at this point but I watched those games and expect surprising letdown type performances this week or next. We shall see.

“Josh Heupel and Pitt are no strangers to each other. Saturday marks the fourth time Heupel and Pat Narduzzi have squared off with Pitt winning the last two meetings.

One thing that has occurred in every meeting between the two is that Heupel’s offense has scored. In 2018, Heupel’s UCF team won 45-14. In 2019, Heupel’s offense scored 34 in a loss and last year, the Vols scored 34 in a loss. History says Vols score Saturday.

Another guys familiar with Pitt and Narduzzi is Hendon Hooker. This will be Hooker’s fourth match up with Pitt’s defensive minded coach, and Hooker has found statistical success against them.

In his three previous match-ups with Pitt, Hooker is 38 of 56 (68%) for 601 yards with six touchdowns and two interceptions.

History says Heupel’s offense scores and Hooker plays well. The question is can the defense get stops? A season ago, Tennessee missed a huge opportunity with a disastrous second quarter. They couldn’t get off the field defensively and they missed multiple chances offensively in the first half.”

May sound crazy but a local guy endorsed Hooker for Heisman. At 50-1 it was a value IMO. 40-1 may be the lowest Ill take but after Saturday it could go closer to 20 than 40. Just thought I would share. Will take a deserved effort to prop up Tennys defense.

It took awhile to work up the courage to check this thread. LSU not having a lined game this week maybe helped. I appreciate you guys keeping the roasting to a minimum. I think we can make some improvements. LMAO. But yeah a long year awaits my Tigers.

My early take on Arkansas is that they arent nearly as complete as they were the past 2 seasons. Cincy also took a couple steps back and was very much a play or two away from being in the game throughout despite some untimely turnovers. Not sure I can endorse the Cocks yet though. I also believe Florida is being a bit overvalued. These are just guesses at this point but I watched those games and expect surprising letdown type performances this week or next. We shall see.
Hogs are missing the BIG WR from last year (name escapes me). He caught everything and left defenders in his dust.

Yeah Burks. Drafted by Titans I think. I was listening to a recap podcast on the plane to Austin yesterday, and they mentioned that with a more experienced QB, Cincy probably would’ve beaten Ark. Whatever we think of Spencer Rattler, he can at least make the plays. I don’t know that Arkansas will be able to run away from SC. I’m not betting it yet, but it’s either SC or nothing for me at this point

May sound crazy but a local guy endorsed Hooker for Heisman. At 50-1 it was a value IMO. 40-1 may be the lowest Ill take but after Saturday it could go closer to 20 than 40. Just thought I would share. Will take a deserved effort to prop up Tennys defense.
How many games does Tenn have to win for him to get the invite to NYC? 9 or 10?

Who would've thought that Miami Ohio would double up UK in rushing...or that UK wouldn't rush for more than 50 yards vs MAC team? Last week UK ran 26att-50y to Miami's 32att-111y. What's going on with that?

Who would've thought that Miami Ohio would double up UK in rushing...or that UK wouldn't rush for more than 50 yards vs MAC team? Last week UK ran 26att-50y to Miami's 32att-111y. What's going on with that?
Yeah I had Miami (OH) in that game and felt robbed that I didn't cover 17. UK is down their top 2 RBs though - 1 to suspension and now the other to season ending injury

I accept that Heisman has become a team award and Tennessee is unlikely to even win the East much less make the playoff. It was just a fantasy land take on a player that could quickly become a highlight reel. Last week many were gawking at AR15. Incredible speed and escapability but not the total package I see in Hooker just yet.

Remembering Lane Kiffin was pretty upset with the offense performance by Ole Miss last week. Central Ark might be in trouble. Line is steep though 22 1H and 36 game.

Seems like everywhere I look the mouthpieces love Arkansas and Florida to cover easily this week. Really hoping to find South Carolina +10 before kickoff but will be taking +9 if its the best I can get. The Kentucky suspensions (RB mainly) give me pause but my gut tells me its more like a late winning FG lower scoring game. On the fence with Tennessee for defensive reasons but liking the Over more by the minute. Should be a fun game to watch.

“Josh Heupel and Pitt are no strangers to each other. Saturday marks the fourth time Heupel and Pat Narduzzi have squared off with Pitt winning the last two meetings.

One thing that has occurred in every meeting between the two is that Heupel’s offense has scored. In 2018, Heupel’s UCF team won 45-14. In 2019, Heupel’s offense scored 34 in a loss and last year, the Vols scored 34 in a loss. History says Vols score Saturday.

Another guys familiar with Pitt and Narduzzi is Hendon Hooker. This will be Hooker’s fourth match up with Pitt’s defensive minded coach, and Hooker has found statistical success against them.

In his three previous match-ups with Pitt, Hooker is 38 of 56 (68%) for 601 yards with six touchdowns and two interceptions.

History says Heupel’s offense scores and Hooker plays well. The question is can the defense get stops? A season ago, Tennessee missed a huge opportunity with a disastrous second quarter. They couldn’t get off the field defensively and they missed multiple chances offensively in the first half.”
OVER

Remember the last time heupel came to pitt narduzzi was a 14 point underdog and they upset ucf.

People I think underestimating little bit fact that pitt's corners were green going into knoxville last year as far as being in starting roles - next week they lost to western michigan......I think pitt's corners are improved since then......now they are still vulnerable literally every pass team gets yards on pitt - but they are better and actually played decent vs daniels i thought. Last year was very sloppy for pitt on d in knoxville - in many facets, missed tackles, poor angles - I think while tennessee is improved on o pitt I think is gonna be more buttoned up then they were at that time. But they can't let tennessee run like west va or its over.

SC o line was getting mauled by GAST dline. Hopefully they had a good practice this week and Rattler can spend some time actually playing the game instead of running for his life

Back