Brian Flores suing NFL

If all of it is true maybe it's a giant step to doing the lottery system in the NFL

Also any actual Dolphins fan should love this, brilliant way to force Ross to sell the team if this whole thing is true

You guys should definitely read the page about Ross offering him 100k for each loss and setting him up to break tampering rules. I think it’s all true, I also think the NFL never wants to be deposed and will ultimately write Flores a check to go away.
They avoid any discovery like it's the plague

Same with the Kaepernick thing

So much damning evidence, the texts, the worse than Pete Rose gambling payouts to tank

This soap opera is one I'm watching

Just like Kap, they will figure out some figure that accounts for the fact that he’s never working in the NFL again, and then they will go into their dragon’s hoard, take some gold coins off the top, flip it to him and the machine will grind on.

This does not read like Belichick accidentally texted the wrong guy, it reads like he was read something else wrong (someone else's text to him) and he thought it was about Brian Flores instead it was about Brian Daboll. Are there more text messages that I am missing?
I’ll be honest looked sketchy at 1st blush

It will be Chucky's fault.
Looking back will Chucky/Mayock be one of the all time laughable tandem hires in NFL history?

Seriously we all should have seen it from lightyears away, especially Raiders fans. That combo was the perfect management salad

What kind of owner has the conscience to expect any kind of revenue from ticket sales when he‘s urging his head coach to tank. Unforgivable, Dolphin fans should want him to sell pronto.

It was in teams best interest to lose, teams goal is to win a super bowl

Losing games that season was better for them

Just seems really strange to me that everyone was shocked Flores was fired in Miami, everyone expected him to land another job immediately and then nothing. Seems to me like Flores has been contemplating this lawsuit for some time. This type of lawsuit is not prepared and filed overnight and maybe word got out. Shit, if there is a class action component to it then others were probably involved and I doubt it was a secret. This may ultimately have been why he did not get another coaching job.

I think it is crazy the NFL does not have more black head coaches, but I don’t understand how the NFL can be a defendant in this lawsuit. Isn’t it up to the individual organizations who to hire as their head coach? The NFL (through the Rooney rule) requires teams to interview minority coaches but they cannot require them to hire them. I’m guessing the NFL is just named because of their deep pockets. Just seems like the case against them is - as they said - without merit.

Just like Kap, they will figure out some figure that accounts for the fact that he’s never working in the NFL again, and then they will go into their dragon’s hoard, take some gold coins off the top, flip it to him and the machine will grind on.
According to ESPN ticker and his quotes seems exactly where it’s going

I’ll be really surprised if he’s ever a head coach in the NFL again. Selling out team owners etc gonna get him blackballed. Not saying it’s right. I actually really like him, but he’s just broken some HUGE unwritten rules.

Bingo

I think it is crazy the NFL does not have more black head coaches, but I don’t understand how the NFL can be a defendant in this lawsuit. Isn’t it up to the individual organizations who to hire as their head coach? The NFL (through the Rooney rule) requires teams to interview minority coaches but they cannot require them to hire them. I’m guessing the NFL is just named because of their deep pockets. Just seems like the case against them is - as they said - without merit.
Puts Ross on full blast throughout the NFL. If anything good comes of this, it will be him ousted as an owner due to all of this including the lawsuit.

He'd rather be a victim than an NFL coach, just like Kap preferred it over being an NFL (backup) QB.

Probably pays more.
Why not just go full blown conspiracy and say it's Bellichick and Flores setting up a division rival?

And why would Bill saying what you or I would have said just from reading espn have any significance whatsoever?

Exactly. Most of the league’s owners don’t want the Rooney rule, and if they want to hire 31 white coaches year after year forever, then so be it. But they also don’t want bad publicity, and it looks bad, and they take criticism for that same decision.

So they keep trying to redo the window dressing every year, so that they can keep hiring white coaches, which is what they want to do, while trying to maintain some fig leaf of perception that they care about diversity in hiring.

In truth, they probably should just get rid of the rule and just take the PR hit. In the end all of us have shown, even those of us who care about such things, that we are still going to watch.

That being said, I do think the League should do something out of their own self-interest about Ross trying to pay his own coach to tank games. That’s game integrity right there, and falls under the Sean Payton (bounty), Pats (footballs, sign stealing) area of big fine for the club and maybe some kind of suspension.

That being said, I do think the League should do something out of their own self-interest about Ross trying to pay his own coach to tank games. That’s game integrity right there, and falls under the Sean Payton (bounty), Pats (footballs, sign stealing) area of big fine for the club and maybe some kind of suspension.
I seriously don't see any difference between that and what got Pete Rose banned from MLB

This is so bizarre to me. Why would anyone give two fucks that the giants likely wanted Daboll from the beginning?
I think that, per the Rooney Rule, minorities are supposed to be interviewed "in good faith" and the Giants wanting Daboll from the beginning means that they didn't want to interview Flores in good faith.

Now, I have zero idea why any NFL team should interview someone in good faith when they don't want him and just because he's a certain skin color.

I think that, per the Rooney Rule, minorities are supposed to be interviewed "in good faith" and the Giants wanting Daboll from the beginning means that they didn't want to interview Flores in good faith.

Now, I have zero idea why any NFL team should interview someone in good faith when they don't want him and just because he's a certain skin color.
We all know. It's because the want to song and dance around the subject and have The Shield to hide behind when it really does nothing.

I meant why would any normal person care, not why would the media tell us we should care.

Hoodie is an old dude who prob barely texts. Contacts in his phone right next to each other so I could see it being a mistake. Daboll has rings from Pats and they're close so Bill def would have been reaching out as soon as he heard.

No idea how him messaging about rumors amounts to anything though.

Think it’s pretty silly to say that organizations “want” to hire white coaches. I’m pretty sure they want to hire the best fit for the job regardless of color. It’s about winning games and making money.

What I have learned over the years is that people and organizations want to hire the right people and “win,” but they want to do it on their terms, and you fitting into their organization matters more, than whether or not you know how to win as an individual. If you actually read the lawsuit, it’s pretty clear Flores got fired because he was not a “team” player for going along with the what the owner wanted with the tanking and the tampering. If he had, he’d still be working there.

Reactions: KJ
Back