Breeders Cup 2022

No take on Echo Zulu Gandy?

Definitely believe she can contend
Oops, forgot her. Thinks she falls in the same basket as 1 and 12. Edited my review up top.

Think I'm playing dime supers, keying #8 in first, second or third, using 5,7,11 as the other win candidates, with 1,4,12,13 as a pack in 3rd, and all eight for 4th. Gotta see what that costs....

Reactions: KJ
I dont think Echo is as quick as some of these but she should get a perfect stalking trip if she's good enough

Rooting for Slammed. But I think the rail kills her. Obligatory for me with the Japanese horse flying late

Oops, forgot her. Thinks she falls in the same basket as 1 and 12. Edited my review up top.

Think I'm playing dime supers, keying #8 in first, second or third, using 5,7,11 as the other win candidates, with 1,4,12,13 as a pack in 3rd, and all eight for 4th. Gotta see what that costs....
Needed 11 to get past the 13, oh well. 8/5 over 7/2 will pay small supers, not missing much.

I boxed the 3 Ward runners. I always try to beat Golden Pal. Don't know if anyone pressures him but imo he has lost a step. But definitely can still win.

Pick 4

Saving bank for the late pick 5

Ticket A 25 cent
Race 4. 1,4,6,7,8,11,16 Going to need a price in here
Race 5. 5,7,9
Race 6. 3,4,5,9,10,11,12 again another shot at a hopeful price
Race 7. 9.
Cost $36.75

Ticket B. 25 cent
Race 4. 1,4,6,7,8,11
Race 5. 5,7,9
Race 6. 3,4,11
Race 7. 2
Cost 13.50

Race 4 - It's all about the Wards and the Euros here
Toss #2, poor form and a trainer not known for coming here.
Toss #5, same problem
Toss #10, too slow

The Wards
#8 is by far the favorite, 4 for 4 at Keeneland, won last two, defending champ, and at 4 is still in prime.
#4 seems a couple of steps slower. Was in the photo at Ascot with #1 and #9
#7 ran a huge number at Kentucky Downs but #14 did as well and followed it up with an slower than par effort, so that number may be a false flag.

Euros
#1 and #9 are the two Appleby's, were neck and neck back in June but #9 has fallen off in the fall. #1 has been competitive but hasn't won yet this year.
#6 is the top Euro with 5 wins in last 6. Has run NINE time this year which is really old school. Was 6th in the Ascot race in June that Appleby dominated.
#3 really intrigues me, his form is not all that different from how he led into 2021 and finished 4th in this race. I can see him as a tri-key horse.

Others
#16 draws in and his Colonial effort makes him interesting. Another Tri-key horse.
#13 has two turf sprints and a G2 win, so he might be on the improve but his numbers to date are too slow.
#11 is Mott's turnback and is flying well under the radar. Worth a peek.

Tri-key play: 1,6,8,11 / 1,6,8,11 / 3,16

Ugggg ..Knew I should have stayed away from the early pick 4/5 ...

Could have been much worse..Was tempted to go much larger .

Sorry partner for the early losses ..

I don't feel bad dismissing him, plenty of reasons to be against Caravel

- speed figs consistently too slow for this race
- has been an every other race type of horse and the last race was a good one
- was nine lengths back last year at four and a year older now had never run more than four lengths faster in 2022
- last four tries at Grade 2 or higher had just one third

And IMO if #3 was on the outside inside of pinched against the rail I think he goes on by.

Race dynamics changed completely when Golden Pal farted in the gate.

Before Anyone Thinks I'm A Pro At The Races, I'm Not! Hahaha. A Lot Is What I Remember My Dad Wagering On At Bay Meadows (R.I.P) BM!

1. Jockey Second Time Out. (See Caravel)

2. Win/Lose Horse. Won Previous/Then Comes Back And Loses Next Race.

3. Horse Ran 4th Last Time Out.

Late pick 5 Handicapping

Been using this grading system for a long time..

.Not that it's been really successful or even worth a salt ..lol

For pick 5/4

A = appears to be worth a single
B. Must use , should be there down the stretch
C. Worth using in open races
D. Wheel in the bottom of the exotics , could blow up the Pick 5/4 as a bomber

Race 7
9. A+
2. B
6. C+
5. C
11. C-* One of my sleepers of the day underneath
4,3. D+
8,1. D

Race 8.
4. B+
13. B-
11. B-* Might bet across the board
8. B-
3,6,10. C+
9 C

Race 9.
6. A
1,4. A-
7. B
8. B-

RACE 10
5. A
7,2. A-
11. B
9. B- Another sleeper value
1. C +

Race. 11
4. A+
2,6. B
1. C+
5. C
7. D+
3. D

Not much feel for this one, only 9 horse field so price potential is limited. May throw 10 & 11 into the show spot for some dime supers but the short stretch will limit their ability to close.

Bad guess on the show horse....those short stretches on both turns gave the late runners no chance.

Whoa seeing the tears on Cody was jarring

Didn't win on the horse but that was incredible

Going deep
Splitting the 50 cent pick 5 , 4 ways

Ticket A. Cost $400 ($100)
Race 7. 9
Race 8. 3,4,,5,6,8,9,10,11,13,14
Race 9. 1,4,6,7
Race 10 . 2,5,7,9,11
Race 11. 1,2,4,6

Ticket B . $200($50)
Race 7. 2,6
Race 8. 3,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,13,14
Race 9. 1,6
Race 10. 2,5,7,9,11
Race 11. 4,6

Was wondering where Kamari was in that race. Watching the replay he was step for step with Elite Power all the way around the turn, the Elite Power ducked outside and really made all the ground up on the leaders in that last 1/16th. Wonder if Irad has found a tight part of the track towards the middle to run on that others are missing.

Reactions: KJ
In the 8th, Modern Games has the highest Brisnet Prime Power rating I have ever seen at 214.2. They say a 10 point edge over the competition is significant.....he's 34 points ahead of the #2. Now the other Euros don't have a rating, so we'll see if they can contend. Bettors seem to think not.

Back