Braves/Dodgers NLCS Discussion Thread

Should be a great series, but potential to be a classic series. These kids Atlanta can throw out there to pitch are just as legit as the kids the Dodgers can throw out there. LA has the vet in Kershaw, which could be a difference maker. Both pens have question marks, but have been mostly solid. LA w/out an effective Kenley though hasn't really been exposed yet.

Bellinger/Betts vs Acuna/Freeman. Exciting teams, lineups, speed, power, etc. No dog in this fight. Just hoping it will live up to my expectations.

Dodgers clearly the best team all year. Braves may have closed the gap a bit, just by how Anderson and Wright have pitched.

I was on the Marlins in NLCS, so obviously I don't know much, but I just don't see the Dodgers losing. I just like that they lead the majors in home runs, but also can score other ways. They don't strike out as much as the Braves do. I think they'll frustrate and run up the pitch count on the young Braves starters. Braves do have a really strong bullpen though.

But this matchup certainly is more intriguing than it looked say 2 weeks ago.

Should be a great series, but potential to be a classic series. These kids Atlanta can throw out there to pitch are just as legit as the kids the Dodgers can throw out there. LA has the vet in Kershaw, which could be a difference maker. Both pens have question marks, but have been mostly solid. LA w/out an effective Kenley though hasn't really been exposed yet.

Bellinger/Betts vs Acuna/Freeman. Exciting teams, lineups, speed, power, etc. No dog in this fight. Just hoping it will live up to my expectations.
Hate to root for the Doyers, but a future is at stake here... Braves were a team I backed the last few years so of course they'll prolly win this series this year with no investment. As a fan though, this should be fantastic and go deep.

I'll take Braves under 3.5 for the game. I want to see how they score without hitting home runs. They strike out a ton. Going from Minute Maid to a much more pitcher friendly park in Globe Life.

The Dodgers hit one home run and scored 23 runs vs SD in Globe Life. I dont see the Braves doing the same. We shall see.

I’m playing Braves these 1st couple games at these prices. I think they have to win with fried and Anderson cause think gets dicey for them after that.

I’m playing Braves these 1st couple games at these prices. I think they have to win with fried and Anderson cause think gets dicey for them after that.

fried was a beast. I worry w bit about Anderson tomorrow vs Kershaw, but Clayton better go 7+ bc it’s pretty clear Roberts has zero confidence in that pen right now and I doubt May is available after throwing tonight, and the last thing he wants is to put Jensen in the game in a high leverage spot rn

The Braves just beat up teams late in games. It's incredible how they beat up bullpens. And they're bullpen is deep and lights out. If they can just get Anderson and Wright to keep the game close, they can definitely win this series.

The Braves just beat up teams late in games. It's incredible how they beat up bullpens. And they're bullpen is deep and lights out. If they can just get Anderson and Wright to keep the game close, they can definitely win this series.
CPA i really liked your take on G1 and followed suit with a TT under on Braves. Damn 9th inning, fell asleep thinking I had a winner. BOL moving forward.

fried was a beast. I worry w bit about Anderson tomorrow vs Kershaw, but Clayton better go 7+ bc it’s pretty clear Roberts has zero confidence in that pen right now and I doubt May is available after throwing tonight, and the last thing he wants is to put Jensen in the game in a high leverage spot rn

yea I’m not as sure bout tonight. I loved getting plus with a good lefty vs doyers. And yes I think lad got a real pen problem and Jansen who I didn’t trust in his prime is no where close right now! I do think atl needs this one tho, i def think lad will beat up on wright cause his control a real problem imo.

I assume common knowledge...

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Clayton Kershaw has been scratched from his Game 2 start in the National League Championship Series because of back spasms, the Los Angeles Dodgers announced Tuesday morning, about six hours before the first pitch from Globe Life Field.

Tony Gonsolin, a rookie, will start in Kershaw's place

well there goes the nice price on Atlanta. Doyers better bring their hitting shoes tonight

Holy crap. Kershaw ducking out. Lol. I thought this year was supposed to be different for him in playoffs with far less work in reg season and his velo back up!! Instead he gonna just skip his turn!! Lmfao.

CPA i really liked your take on G1 and followed suit with a TT under on Braves. Damn 9th inning, fell asleep thinking I had a winner. BOL moving forward.

Sorry, man. It looked good for a long time.

So I don’t see any starters listed for 2marro now but I saw wright penciled in for game 3 for atl. That was the game I was planning on doyers bats coming to life, his control sucks. No idea who lad plans on starting now tho? Might have to be a over instead a lad bet.

Dodgers did what they needed to do vs Anderson. Patient, took walks, just no big hits.

Be nice if the Dodgers could muster up something here late, if nothing else get a little confidence for tomorrow.

So I don’t see any starters listed for 2marro now but I saw wright penciled in for game 3 for atl. That was the game I was planning on doyers bats coming to life, his control sucks. No idea who lad plans on starting now tho? Might have to be a over instead a lad bet.
I read urias for LA

Betonline has LA -152/+140 with 9 over -120

Can't say I understand that line.

jfc. I sure thought it be Lower. Looks like I’m gonna have to dig into Urias and see what I think he does against Braves lineup? I’ll keep banging the drum that doyers gonna score runs off wright!!

Dodgers, if nothing else, have momentum now. Going through the Braves whole bullpen helps too.

He was the 5th overall pick just three years ago. Last 4 starts, he's pitched 25 innings and given up 5 runs.

I mean Wright's career ERA is 6.22. Lol.

it not that his stuff bad but his control is god awful. Lad waking up late here bodes well too. Thank god Braves held on!! 2-0 with 2 plus money cashes for me!! I’m thinking I’ll lay the -1.5 on lad 2marro although pen scares me.

So I want with lad Ff -.5 -135 (way more than I will usually lay!), lad team total over 5.5, and lad -1.5 -117 for game!

Might be 1st time in years I bet the doyers!! Lmao.

Pretty crazy but mostly true I think. Actually I’m sure I put them in few 2 team parlays in reg season but very rare! Not just cause I’m a hater but cause they tend to be ridiculously overpriced imo. like tonight -180 vs the Braves??

I fully believe they win and i bet them but it insane the prices in this series!! Getting plus on Braves 1st 2 games when I felt they had the pitching adv based off starters and some other things (fried being a lefty is one). Kershaw being scratched and Braves stud youngster and I still got plus money in game 2? Freaking crazy! Hell I hate the prices today but I believe in my heart lad gonna bitch slap wright!! I think Urias gonna be good, don’t think Braves were as good vs lefties in reg season and should hopefully nullify freeman who killing them!!! Urias has had a lot of postseason experience even if not as a starter, still think it helps him here!!

hoping lad clobbers wright to extent don’t have to be scared of a Braves charge against the lad pen!! Lol. Between he ff, team total over, and full Game -1.5 I really believe I’m hitting at least 2 these bets!!

This to me feels like a race car driver who is out to be a big lead but missed his time to pit and is on bald tires. Braves were dominant in the first couple of games and I was on them for both. Their pen is gassed and not effective and they’re days away from seeing one of their 2 studs come back to pitch.

This to me feels like a race car driver who is out to be a big lead but missed his time to pit and is on bald tires. Braves were dominant in the first couple of games and I was on them for both. Their pen is gassed and not effective and they’re days away from seeing one of their 2 studs come back to pitch.

kind of feel that way as well, but Dodgers are still in big trouble here, 4/5 to win this series is a big task

I do think there something pretty cool about being forced to use your whole team!! How many years (including last) you just need 2-3 stud starters and 2-3 lights out guys in pen? Doubt nats would have won under this format! No damn way the San Fran giants win that year mad bum pitched seemingly every game!!!!!

YEAH BABY!

The Dodgers, the over, and team total over 5* is already cashed...

:clapping2:

I don't know. I've can get Atl +7.5 runs, and the total is 15.5, but this could easily be a 14-2 game.

Glad I passed on the Braves after these two next runs...

This may become a testy series. Still at work can’t watch but wondering if the Turner hit by pitch was at all questionable?

Seriously tho was this not one the most predictable things in a long time. Been licking my chops since the minute I saw wright pitching game 3!! Struggles vs lefties and terrible command vs this lineup!!!!

There those insurance runs I wanted!!! Lmfao!!

Ok now I can breath Easy!! Time to sweat out the ncaa football game till Rays come on to sweep!’n

Dammit. I’ve tried to keep putting in max live bets but they keep scoring to quick. I did well but dammit I’m greedy. Would’ve normally had + live bets galore

Back