Bowling With BenchCoach 2020-21

BenchCoach

Pretty much a regular
What a strange year for all of us. The grind will continue through this shortened odd make shift bowl season. I do believe there will be some profitable angles to play during the next two weeks...I will rate my plays this year 1*, 2*, or 3*...3* is a large play, 2* is a regular play, and a 1* is an action play...my 1* are $50...2* are $400...3* are risking a dime...gl guys and enjoy your holiday season

Bumped Nevada under to a 3* play...strong wind reports coming from smurf turf personnel on the ground...that combined with two already run heavy offenses vs already stout run defenses...barring multiple untimely turnovers/special team flubs this one should be pretty boring early

My weather report from Boise...Scattered snow showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 41. West northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected...going to look into it but I have to think this weather plays heavily in favor of Nevada. Dem New Orleans boys are gonna feel that cold weather a bit. I could see a bit of a let down from Tulane in the 2nd half.

I am looking hard at prop plays in tonights BYU/UCF matchup...will post them as I get em in...I won't be on it as I my gut says 76.5 is too much but I would suggest anyone very high on the over take it at 79-80 at +money...if they are going up and down the field on each other this number won't matter...I think the BYU defense may give em some fits

Coach I like your take on under in Potato Bowl, makes a lot of sense. Also note in BYU/UCF that CF #1 WR Marlon Williams opted out 71 catches 1039y 10 TDs.

Coach I like your take on under in Potato Bowl, makes a lot of sense. Also note in BYU/UCF that CF #1 WR Marlon Williams opted out 71 catches 1039y 10 TDs.
I have a couple props I am looking at in that game. If I get the number I am looking for I will pull the trigger on rushing yards for Allgeier or Katoa. I think BYU runs all over em all day. Also looking at receiving yards for Milne, Romney, and Robinson...If I can find a good 1st td prop I like Allgeier as well...I like under rushing yards for Andersen if I get the right number. I think BYU will limit him in the backfield. Passing yards for Gabriel if a low number comes out. I see UCF going through the air a good bit today as their best shot at keeping pace with BYU...I have one or two I want to look at in the early game as well. I will only end up playing 1-2 of these if the numbers agree with me...gl today TIm, I lean Nevada as well

BOCA Bowl
Total rush+receiving yards T. Allgeier vs Total rush+receiving yards T. Allgeier Total OVER 105½-115 (2*)

Total receptions by G. Romney vs Total receptions by G. Romney Total OVER 4+100 (1*)

New Mexico Bowl
Total rushing yards by K. Porter vs Total rushing yards by K. Porter Total OVER 75½-125 (3*)

Total receptions by K. Corbin vs Total receptions by K. Corbin Total OVER 5½-105 (2*)

Hawaii vs Houston U Total UNDER 30-115 (2*)
Hawaii vs Houston U Total UNDER 13½-125
for 1st Quarter (2*)

Alamo Bowl
Texas -9.5 +110 (3*)
Texas -10 +120 (2*)

*This is by far my strongest bowl play of the year to date. Texas hits more categories that I value more than any other team this bowl season in their matchup...Slight edge in SOS, Edge in T.O.'s, Rush Avg, Def Rush Avg, Coaching advantage Herman is 4-0 in bowls vs Colorado 1-3, Texas returning to same bowl game as last year and its an in state game, PAC12 is much weaker in general than BIG12 and this year has played half the games Texas has, Colorado hasn't won a bowl game since 2004...going big on this one with alternate lines

Last edited:
Alamo Bowl
Texas -9.5 +110 (3*)
Texas -10 +120 (2*)

*This is by far my strongest bowl play of the year to date. Texas hits more categories that I value than any other team this bowl season in their matchup...Slight edge in SOS, Edge in T.O.'s, Rush Avg, Def Rush Avg, Coaching advantage Herman is 4-0 in bowls vs Colorado 1-3, Texas returning to same bowl game as last year and its an in state game, PAC12 is much weaker in general than BIG12 and this year has played half the games Texas has, Colorado hasn't won a bowl game since 2004...going big on this one with alternate lines

Scary but that’s only if we are trying to cap motives in this one. Think I’ll be with you. BOL today, BC

Here is a +285 parlay I included Texas with some soccer plays that take place this afternoon for $150...Obviously I like this one, Norwich might be the toughest win in the bunch the other two soccer games are total blowouts on paper...If your looking for some beer money action this has a good shot at filling up your fridge with some cold ones.

Texas ML/Norwich ML (Eng Champ)/Raith ML (Sco Champ)/Hearts ML (Sco Champ)

I have a potential big prop play in the Texas game but I won't post it until much closer to game time. I want to wait and see who is actually suiting up for the longhorns tonight. They have a bunch of guys opting out of the game. Some in fact that I don't think will get drafted, lol. Texas has a bunch of guys no one has ever heard of sitting on the sidelines that have tons of talent and have never gotten their shot. Tonight many of them will get to showcase against a far less athletic team in Colorado. Those players filling in starting spots tonight for Texas will be very motivated to show their show out. I think most here would agree that the Texas backups (many of them 4* guys) are much more talented than anyone on Colorado's roster. Back later with my thoughts on this particular prop I like tonight...gl today guys

Alamo Bowl
Texas -9.5 +110 (3*)
Texas -10 +120 (2*)

*This is by far my strongest bowl play of the year to date. Texas hits more categories that I value more than any other team this bowl season in their matchup...Slight edge in SOS, Edge in T.O.'s, Rush Avg, Def Rush Avg, Coaching advantage Herman is 4-0 in bowls vs Colorado 1-3, Texas returning to same bowl game as last year and its an in state game, PAC12 is much weaker in general than BIG12 and this year has played half the games Texas has, Colorado hasn't won a bowl game since 2004...going big on this one with alternate lines
FWIW, I am one of the few riding with you. Thinking about upping my play at -7

UT alum here and I never bet on the horns, cannot stand them

FWIW, I am one of the few riding with you. Thinking about upping my play at -7

UT alum here and I never bet on the horns, cannot stand them
I have no bias one way or the other here. If anything my roots stem from the old Nebraska days of Bob Devaney and Osborne. I do have more respect for Colorado in general and appreciate what their coach has done more so than what Herman has accomplished at Texas. If I was picking a guy to lead my team it would be Karl Dorrell over Herman everyday of the week and twice on Tuesday. Herman has had a rabbits foot up his ass for the last 5+ years and I think he continues today. Some guys do everything wrong and always seem to end up on top. Herman is one of those guys to me.

Scary but that’s only if we are trying to cap motives in this one. Think I’ll be with you. BOL today, BC

ehlinger final game should give horns the motivational aspect. imagine he be giving his all and have guys on board with him.

Thanks guys. It was a good one to watch. Obviously none of us know the reason and I would like to trust the coach that there is a good one but why on earth did Texas not give the ball the the Robinson kid 25+ times??? Really Herman 1 touch in the 2Q???....Fortunately the class of athlete at Texas and Colorado is much different and Texas could have called pretty much anything and the were gonna put up points.

Are you opposed to an Oklahoma Full game Team Total over here?
No it was on my radar. Just decided to go this route. I think it gives me a little more wiggle room. The tempo/possessions will be very high. I am not completely convinced that these teams will be very efficient. Just very fast and will take their shots....I did take some on Oklahoma -7 but not posting here. Really not crazy about it

Cotton Bowl Prop
Total rushing yards by R. Stevenson vs Total rushing yards by R. Stevenson Total OVER 99½ -140 (2*)

it’s a lot of yard for him. I had him around 80 but as I’ve watched the line go up the last few days his rush total has only gone up a few yards. Think this is a good sign. The Florida defense was already very average and down right awful against top tier opponents. At the very least Oklahoma fits that bill. Now imagine half the starters on that defense are gone and their backups are taking over. I’ll take my chances here

Back