Bowl suspensions/ineligible/injuries

booksbestfriend

On Johnny's Shitlist
Always a valuable tool. Chime in as you get em.

Any targeting fouls that will carry over? Do they carry over?

There also was a thread for bowls that included a check list....better conference, coaching staff, etc...Can somebody please dig that up and sticky it?

Last edited:
I guess this is as good a place to put this as any?

Tony Levine reportedly out as Houston’s head coach

Posted by Zach Barnett on December 7, 2014, 7:14 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrmodezmgqznzcwztmznmyyytewn2y3zjzjodm1mzhh.jpeg
Amidst the fury of College Football Playoff and bowl announcements, a bit of coaching news leaked out on Sunday afternoon: Tony Levine will not return for a fourth season as Houston’s head coach. The news was first reported by FootballScoop.com and followed up by Travis Haney of ESPN.com.
Levine is set to meet with athletics director Mack Rhoades on Monday, and a formal announcement is expected after that.
Tabbed as Kevin Sumlin‘s replacement after he bolted up Highway 6 to College Station, Levine led Houston to a win over Penn State in the TicketCity Bowl (now known as the Heart of Dallas Bowl) on New Year’s Day of 2012, but then fell to 5-7 in his debut season. Houston rebounded to 8-5 in 2013, and expectations were high that the Cougars would contend for the American Athletic Conference title in 2014.
However, the 2014 season ended nearly as soon as it started, as the Cougars opened brand-new TDECU Stadium with a mood-killing 27-7 loss to UTSA. Houston started the season 2-3 and rebounded to win five of its next six, but a home loss to 3-9 Tulane coupled with Saturday’s 38-31 loss to Cincinnati was apparently too much to overcome.
The Cougars have a sizable mortgage payment to meet on its new $120 million stadium, and can’t quite literally can’t afford for expectations and enthusiasm around the program to drop. More than the losses, it was the empty swaths of bleachers that cost Levine his job. Houston opened the season to a capacity-plus crowd of 40,755 against UTSA and closed the home schedule before 23,572 spectators against Tulsa.
Overall, Levine was 21-17 at Houston and 14-10 in conference play.
When it becomes official, Houston will join Michigan, Oregon State, Colorado State, Tulsa and UNLV as FBS programs with head coaching openings.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...levine-reportedly-out-as-houstons-head-coach/

Anyone that tries to line Clem/OU without knowing status of Knight, Perine, or Watson is insane. Spread could vary by a ton if the OU guys play and Watson doesn't or the opposite. Both offenses are garbage without these three.

:cheers3:Wow Awesome thread!! I have to say the guys here do it up right. Thanks and I'll try to dig up what I can.:shake:

Should start rolling in any day now. Will be like letters of intent on signing day. When are finals over? Will be able to negate the academic ineligible.

Reports are that Ifo Ekpre-Olomu suffered a knee injury, validity of the report unknown. If true you can't overstate the importance of that. 1st round pick, arguably best defender on the Ducks, the guy who would see most of Greene in the semi and then Cooper if they get there. This is not a plug and play type of guy for any program, but of the teams in the playoff Oregon is probably least able to replace him with another player of similar caliber.

He is worth a half point on the spread in my estimation. 9 and 9.5's still out there, market not reacting yet. So either they don't know yet or they don't care because they assume Oregon will just outscore them.

Last edited:
Reports are that Ifo Ekpre-Olomu suffered a knee injury, validity of the report unknown. If ltrue you can't understate the importance of that. 1st round pick, arguably best defender on the Ducks, the guy who would see most of Greene in the semi and then Cooper if they get there. This is not a plug and play type of guy for any program, but of the teams in the playoff Oregon is probably least able to replace him with another player of similar caliber.

He is worth a half point on the spread in my estimation. 9 and 9.5's still out there, market not reacting yet. So either they don't know yet or they don't care because they assume Oregon will just outscore them.

Getting the same report from Noles247. Meanwhile, Noles are gaining DT Niles Lawrence-Sample for some much needed depth.

If it wasn’t for bad luck, Tennessee’s receiving corps would’ve had no luck at all in 2014.
Josh Smith is out for the year with a severe ankle injurysustained in <nobr>early September</nobr>, while Marquez North won’t play again this season because of a [COLOR=#0000D5 !important]shoulder injury. Little-used Cody Blanc also sustained a season-ending [COLOR=#0000D5 !important]Achilles injury[/COLOR], while Von Pearson missed <nobr>games earlier</nobr> in the year because of a high-[COLOR=#0000D5 !important]ankle sprain[/COLOR].[/COLOR]
Wes Rucker of GoVols.com is reporting that, according to UT receivers coach Zach Azzanni, Jason Croom will not play in the Gator Bowlagainst Iowa. Croom sustained a [COLOR=#0000D5 !important]knee injury during practice earlier this week.[/COLOR]
It’s unclear if it’s the same knee Croom injured late last month. What’s also unclear is the specific nature of the injury.
It’s very disappointing,” Azzanni said. “I feel sorry for him. Here’s a guy that’s busted his tail and gotten better all season long and done everything I asked of him. Just doesn’t say a word and works his tail off. The [COLOR=#0000D5 !important]game gets taken away here at the end, one he’d love to play in. First bowl game.”[/COLOR]
Among receivers with 10 or [COLOR=#0000D5 !important]more catches, Croom leads the team in yards per catch at 14.5, while he’s fourth in receiving yards (305) and tied for sixth in receptions (21). His four receiving touchdowns are tied for first on the team.[/COLOR]

I have a feeling UGA lays an egg against Ville. Plenty of guys thinking about the draft, another shitty non "BCS" bowl that no one cares about including their fans. For Ville to win this game would be huge for them IMO.

Yup, Lville one of my best Bowl dogs..great on D, DC was @ UGA for four years, obv familiar w/ UGA offense, UGA DC leaving

Back