Bowl Season

I think the coaching staff for WF makes the adjustments on offense, they are very well coached. I see Louisville having trouble scoring in the second half....I might play WF+4 its begging you to take louisville.'an_horse'

Sorry I couldnt respond....site was down...

anyway I took Lville -7 +124 {1unit} and nothing else....

I really think the Ville D is underrated and actually feel like they were begging you to take Wake...+4.5 +105 , +3 +145...-7 +520 later +490.......seems liek alot of value for a team who hasnt played that badly...you get better then all the original game lines...didnt make sense to me...BOL

barmoycm said:
jesus.. 1H worked out for ya congrats you had that pinned... i kinda like the 2H over I think Louisville and Wake come out firing

I had the total right but after missing that early TD and giving them 3 shortky after I needed all the breaks and go them

Okay headstart:

Looking at Notre Dame +8.5 -110(+280 ML) , Ov 56 -105 , over 23.5 -113 ND team for sure ...

Basically we know the ND defense will not stop LSU. However I feel LSU defense is overrated and not an elite unit...it allowed alot of opponents to crack 20 points....they just didnt put together a crsip effort in any game really....with ND and this long Bowl streak it almost cancels out the home cooking for LSU....huge edge with Weis aganist Miles....I just feel this is an offensive battle like last year and we see another 38-35 finish.....Remember the key to USC was overagression by Weis he gave the ball up three times in the 1st half on Downs and settled for a FG on a long drive....ND was a couple plays from making that game real scary for us USC backers....

SportsNut said:
Okay headstart:

Looking at Notre Dame +8.5 -110(+280 ML) , Ov 56 -105 , over 23.5 -113 ND team for sure ...

Basically we know the ND defense will not stop LSU. However I feel LSU defense is overrated and not an elite unit...it allowed alot of opponents to crack 20 points....they just didnt put together a crsip effort in any game really....with ND and this long Bowl streak it almost cancels out the home cooking for LSU....huge edge with Weis aganist Miles....I just feel this is an offensive battle like last year and we see another 38-35 finish.....Remember the key to USC was overagression by Weis he gave the ball up three times in the 1st half on Downs and settled for a FG on a long drive....ND was a couple plays from making that game real scary for us USC backers....

Agree 100% SportsNut, I had USC in that game, and I felt very lucky to win it. Also, had USC against Michigan and never felt they had any chance to loose that one. Really like your O23.5 ND.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=275><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblhead><TH colSpan=6>Notre Dame Drives</TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>1st Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>14:26 </TD><TD class=c>2:16 </TD><TD class=c>UND 32</TD><TD class=c>5</TD><TD class=c>39</TD><TD class=c>Downs</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>8:30 </TD><TD class=c>1:40 </TD><TD class=c>UND 27</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>5:00 </TD><TD class=c>4:24 </TD><TD class=c>UND 20</TD><TD class=c>14</TD><TD class=c>70</TD><TD class=c>FG</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>2nd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>11:30 </TD><TD class=c>3:13 </TD><TD class=c>UND 21</TD><TD class=c>7</TD><TD class=c>73</TD><TD class=c>Fumble</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>7:30 </TD><TD class=c>0:10 </TD><TD class=c>USC 7</TD><TD class=c>1</TD><TD class=c>7</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>6:30 </TD><TD class=c>1:45 </TD><TD class=c>UND 48</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>6</TD><TD class=c>Downs</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>3:50 </TD><TD class=c>1:31 </TD><TD class=c>USC 36</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>Downs</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>0:30 </TD><TD class=c>0:30 </TD><TD class=c>UND 27</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>11</TD><TD class=c>End Half</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>3rd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>10:00 </TD><TD class=c>2:07 </TD><TD class=c>UND 25</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>13</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>5:29 </TD><TD class=c>3:32 </TD><TD class=c>UND 42</TD><TD class=c>10</TD><TD class=c>58</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>4th Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>11:36 </TD><TD class=c>2:15 </TD><TD class=c>UND 29</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>-5</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>7:30 </TD><TD class=c>3:51 </TD><TD class=c>UND 32</TD><TD class=c>14</TD><TD class=c>69</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>3:20 </TD><TD class=c>1:31 </TD><TD class=c>UND 43</TD><TD class=c>5</TD><TD class=c>36</TD><TD class=c>Downs</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=10></TD><TD vAlign=top width=275><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblhead><TH colSpan=6>USC Drives</TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>1st Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>12:10 </TD><TD class=c>3:32 </TD><TD class=c>USC 29</TD><TD class=c>8</TD><TD class=c>71</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>6:50 </TD><TD class=c>1:34 </TD><TD class=c>UND 26</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>26</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>0:30 </TD><TD class=c>3:53 </TD><TD class=c>USC 41</TD><TD class=c>9</TD><TD class=c>59</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>2nd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>8:17 </TD><TD class=c>0:47 </TD><TD class=c>USC 8</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>0</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>7:10 </TD><TD class=c>0:40 </TD><TD class=c>USC 19</TD><TD class=c>1</TD><TD class=c>0</TD><TD class=c>Int</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>4:45 </TD><TD class=c>0:55 </TD><TD class=c>USC 46</TD><TD class=c>2</TD><TD class=c>-8</TD><TD class=c>Int</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>2:19 </TD><TD class=c>1:49 </TD><TD class=c>USC 32</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>1</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>3rd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>14:56 </TD><TD class=c>4:53 </TD><TD class=c>USC 35</TD><TD class=c>10</TD><TD class=c>65</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>7:53 </TD><TD class=c>2:24 </TD><TD class=c>USC 21</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>9</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>1:50 </TD><TD class=c>5:07 </TD><TD class=c>USC 18</TD><TD class=c>13</TD><TD class=c>65</TD><TD class=c>FG</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>4th Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>9:21 </TD><TD class=c>1:00 </TD><TD class=c>USC 23</TD><TD class=c>2</TD><TD class=c>57</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>1:49 </TD><TD class=c>1:49 </TD><TD class=c>USC 21</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>46</TD><TD class=c>End Reg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You really think that final score was indicative of that game?

Its 37-24 after the ND last TD...it was great they returned the kickoff but what if they dont? You know its likely ND gets the ball back with a minute to play and after all that a meaningless TD could have ruined the cover...

Look at the first few possessions...Weis loves to go for it on 4th down...well what if its simply ND 3-0 and USC has no momentum? What if they convert and get 7 instead of 3 in the 1st quarter...?? After it was 21 -3 ND is about to score but we get a gift fumble...so right there down 21-3 ND probably took a good 14 points off the board thanks to ole Charlie arrogance...

Down 21-10 they have the ball atthe 48 and stall at the 42 turn it over on downs again , then they get another INT and again starting at the USC 38 turn it over on downs .....

So at 21-10 USC we had a ND fumble inside the 5 or 10 yard line , a long drive stalled foir a FG attempt and three TOD in varying depths in USC territory..?? Seems alot closer to me...the game always seemed to be played around 10-14 points...which to me close with an 8.5 spread...

garland said:
Agree 100% SportsNut, I had USC in that game, and I felt very lucky to win it. Also, had USC against Michigan and never felt they had any chance to loose that one. Really like your O23.5 ND.

Good Luck bro....I felt the same way about the plays you mentioned..

Tonite:

Notre Dame +8.5 -101 {6units} ML +280 {1unit}

Over 55.5 -108 {5units}

Over 23.5 -113 Notre Dame {4units}

1st H ND +4.5 +100 {2units} ML +188 {1/2u)

Basically boils down to this ND is getting knocked for what it didnt do...live up to inflated expectations. LSU is getting to much credit for talent and overlooking lack of execution. All the solid teams that LSU played were close games many of which LSU pulled out late. Tough to cover 10 pts if your trailing or tied in the waning minutes...

The way I see it I this line should be closer to -4.5. LSU went in to Tenny as -3.5 pt favs which means -6.5 on a neutral field. I really dont see much difference if any bewteen ND and Tenny...regardless if you agree anything more then a TD should seem high....can it get tougher then going into USC catching 8 pts.....?? The held up fairly well despite poor execution that day. I believe good teams have only themselves to blame for poor execution and preparation..

The LSU defense has been run on past few weeks and all the better offenses cracked 20 points. I have to think this is the best offense they will face and Weis overrated or not hsould be prepared. LSU has some minor issues with players being benched but its temporary. I commented about how USC , Mich State and Michigan scored 38 + on ND already...

At the end of the day I expect both O's and QBs to excel. ND has not won a bowl game in how long? So every Bowl game has extreme significance IMO...you cant knock ND for last season look who they played!

Looking for another 38-35 type game.....and we have it on turf ..I will fae the fat favorite here and take the extra value in the overlooked dog....

BOL

Good Luck Gonna Lay off myself cant get a good read, My gut says that LSU hurts these boys by 14+....

well that sucked....hahahaha

just goes to show...ND only gets BCS games cause of alumni and cash money they generate for the bowl...on the field, they have no business being there...their bowl losing streak continues

yes it did....pissed away everything I won past 2 days on that game...complete and utter disaster...luckily it so called found money. My biggest regret is simply not playing LSU team over and 1st H over instead choosing for ND 1stH....which they were 2 minutes away from covering...

I had worried in the back of mind being that LSU was basically home would they pick this game to play their best game of the season? They sure did clearly I understimated LSU citing their lack of execution on both sides of the ball all season. However I msut say I am suprisetd at how poorly Brady Quinn and the passing game was... that TD pass that hit the WR in the head really killed me...especially since they wind up missing a 34 yd fg...changes my whole nite....win the over 55.5 ....win the 1st half and dont play the 2nd half....that one play probably something like a 17unit swing for me...it happens I was simply dead wrong about the ND offense I expected alot more

Just havent been home to post for the last 2 bowls went with both favs and the under in So Miss....

Under 48 -110 Florida / Ohio State {4units}
Under 23.5 +100 1st H {2units}
Under 13.5 +125 Ohio State 1st H {unit}

-7.40 & +1.00(2nd H Under)

At first I didnt think the total had any value either way. Then I thought about how the Michigan started after the long layoff. I just dont understand why they have such a long layoff ..11/18th...then I thought about Florida's offense all season before the Arkansas game and the fact Ohio States total ws only 40 and nearly doubled that...so I began to think this should be closer to 43,44 and will find away to slide under....I dont see an explosive offense from either. Looking back at the Ohio State and Michigan game if force Smith to make quick decisions it quite possible he wont make the correct one.....

Florida +7.5 -110 {8 units} ML +255 {1.5units} +11.80

I think this is fairly even matched. Ohio State is slightily better and more experienced but Florida probbaly played the tougher schedule since everyone was down in the Big Ten. What really concerns me here is the long layoff. I dont think you can get the best of the Buckeyes when they havent played in nearly 2 months...especially in football where timing is such an issue and you really can never simulate the idea....then again i was dead wrong about LSU defense as well...

I think part of FLA's game plan will be chew clock play keep away from Troy Smith...outside of the ARK Champ game they were all low scoring on the road...

No real depth to my arguement since my brain is in Pro Sports mode mwo...but GL all

Last edited:
Thanks Ant! looks good so far....thankfully Ohio State looks defetaed walking into the locker room and I am sure the avg college athlete is saying thanks Coach for fucking us! Great call on 4th down....Played some in-game early on whenit was 7-0 and 7-7...so have some more Fla then I posted or started with...

Under 24.5 -109 {unit}

Ohio State was just at a huge disadvantage with the long layoff IMO. Ginn's loss was huge but give props to the FLA defense it reallyowuldnt have matter as far as outcome maybe competitiveness but FLA was the better team tonite.

Thinking back to Michigan @ Ohio State that game really showed both programs true colors and helped me fade both programs during the Bowls. I was a big believer that there simply were no great teams in college football this year and tonite certainly proved that. The Big Ten was down and the SEC was deep.

Back in that game Ohio State showed how it could disect an opposing defense given time. Once the 2nd H rolled around you saw Troy Smith with some pressure wasnt a great decision maker and that happened again tonite. With Michigan I felt all along Ohio State should have covered that game because Michigan's offense never really reached its potential . I didnt think Micgihan could win topping out at 21 pts. That game really showed how many holes both defenses had. Still I walked away thinking Michigan was overrated and Ohio State was clearly better. Now I just think after watching everything the Final Four in CFB was Ohio State , Florida , LSU and USC. To bad after this Bowl series those four couldnt get in some sort of playoff..what I particularily like about LSU and FLA was they played there best game at the right time but that doesnt mean they played over there head either.

Simply put Michigan has some talent but neither Hart and Henne are not elite college players , that can be extended to their defense. USC , LSU and FLA seem to have the most overall talent...Said all along FLA deserved to be here over USC and Michigna and they showed why.....Ohio State showed that as big as a srength Troy Smith is he can be weakness when they have to over rely on him just like in the 2nd H Michigan...Fla's defense did most of the damage giving them short fields...

Interesting college season and enjoyable.....lots of frauds exposed..ND..cough , cough...

Back