Bowl Season

Oklahoma -6.5 -110/120 {6units}

Everyone has waited all year for this OU team to fold but they havent. There defense improved tremendously throughout the season and Boise State on the road has had trouble offensively..23 SJST , 17 Wyoming ...but theyhad it all working @ Nevada whene everyone was ready to write Boise off....I think this is much like last nites ganme with teh exception of OU being a crisp powerhouse team where as Miami just really had the talent not molded yet...The Size factor could make running lanes tough to find and the spped factor could make the defense a liability...

I expect such a determined OU team here backed up by these comments:

We've accomplished a lot," Alexander said. "As a team, we had to stick together. At the beginning, it looked like we were out, and everybody counted us out, so we had to be a self-motivated team. Coach Stoops was a front-runner for that, making us motivate ourselves and going out there and practice hard, telling us that we had a lot out there to play for.
"We continued to play, we continued to win and we're reaping the benefits right now," Alexander said

Ou can throw on Boise State and Ian Johnson should have a tough day against the OU front......

u say ian will have a tough time runnin on OU D, but wont all day have problems wit tha underrated boise D? everyone knows about boises O, but few have seen how good that D has been this year. given up about tha same points per game as OU, top 14 D total yards given up per game, # 7 run D in tha nation. this game might be alot closer than most really think. i dont see it as a OU cakewalk. good health

Tru - My problem with Boise State's D is the competition level it has faced... they played Oregon State early before they sort of figured it out so I cant give them credit there , Wyoming had no offense , Hawaii one of the best offenses in the country put up 34 poinst and had zero problems on offense that day , they caught Utah early sort of the same situation that they faced Ore St , after that they played straight garbage till the Nevada game...SJST solid team but not much on offense...LaTech ,NM St , Utah State , Idaho and Fresno State...

They looked good against inferior offenses but I dont think they can hold OU below 24....and remember the last good defense they faced in UGA?? In my opinion they played one offense that was exceptional and they didnt flourish...I understand no one stops Hawaii but the oher tests Nevada , Utah and Ore St all happened to be games where the opponent IMO was overvalued ....

I am not even factoring AP into this game....Like I said they have to attack through the air...BOL bro..

that game vs uga was 2 years ago to start tha season, i really cant see how that can be brought into this talk. sure they had a good D, but we really cant talk about how boise did season before last, gotta talk about this season. boise is higher in RPI, strength of schedule goes to OU, but what does that really mean? look at ohio state, they strength of scheudle of one of tha worst in tha nation. oklahoma hasnt played a team yet this year wit a RPI in tha top 10, an 0-1 vs rpi teams 11-25. this is without a doubt in my opinion tha hardest test OU has faced yet.

Understood ..my point was take the 3 best defenses Boise State has played away from the Smurf Turf...SJST 23pts , Wyoming 17 and UGA( did Zabransky who has regressed crack 200 yds passing..??)...looked back and forgot they lost 27-7 @ fresno who had a real sound D last season. My point in bringing UGA was simply time and time again they struggle versus good defenses and to me OU is one of the best in the country....you look @ Boise St schedule and you say maybe Utah or Nevada can beat them and maybe Oregon State or Hawaii....the rest of the schedule is filled with awful teams...Mid Tenn State is better then most of those teams Boise played ....

Without Peterson OU won @ Missouri , @ A&M , @ Okl State , vs TT and vs Nebraska....how many of those is Boise winning? maybe Two at best three...

This is the hardest test for a team who has played Texas...played @ Oregon ...when the Ducks were playing well , and played those Big 12 schools.....I think its Boise by far playings it toughest opponent...this is not the best Boise State team in recent years and I feel it will show...

You may think I am overlooking Boise and thats fine its certainly only my opinion but I expect OU to really show what Boise is made of ....they couldnt even beat BC last year....Wish ya the best...I dont see Boise cracking 17 points...unless its a high scoring game...with OU cracking 40...

anything can always happen, an normally always look at ur insight to tha game. this game will i think be a test for both teams. broncos havent seen a D like this, this season. an OU hasnt seen an O this powerfull yet this season. anything can happen but i see it a low scorin close type game, an broncos have a great shot at it outright. i been wrong before, good health.

nice addons to tha 2nd half of tha usc game, i really wanted to get down for more but didnt pull tha trigger

hey sports i ponded usc ml aint touch the spread i love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Good info.. And GL on plays... I think Boise is for real and much more motivated than Okie... Small play on BSU ML.

Agree tru-- Boise defense is much better than most think..

tru said:
anything can always happen, an normally always look at ur insight to tha game. this game will i think be a test for both teams. broncos havent seen a D like this, this season. an OU hasnt seen an O this powerfull yet this season. anything can happen but i see it a low scorin close type game, an broncos have a great shot at it outright. i been wrong before, good health.

nice addons to tha 2nd half of tha usc game, i really wanted to get down for more but didnt pull tha trigger

Thanks tru , honestly for whatever reason I lost interest in the College seasons so far so my opinion really isnt worth much..should be an interesting game...I could easily be mistaken ...I loved USC going in and I was somewhat cautious cause I had faded them vs Ohio State and wanted to make sure there wasnt some bitterness on my part their...they made it hard for sure thought USC would have been ++ vig at least...the Over would try be the icing though..I am wrong often so Good Luck and lets see what happens...

Nice work SuperSav! Good Luck Tee*dub....you guys are ganging up on me...just kidding..I also think we will see just how good OU's defense is..the right side will win ....gimme an TD here and I wont give a darn

I guess Boise State was simply destined to win...I cant imagine they could be any luckier....98% of their plays go for minimal gains and the other few account for their 21 points!!

Sort of a fluke 1st down and then a 48yd play action TD which will never happen again.....a silly fumble and the ball at the 9 yd line...and then some BS heave across the field that goes for a TD isntead of a loss...

Oklahoma dominated them for along period but simply didnt make 2 big plays..the INT in the end zone and the failure to getthat 1st downa settle for three. Thompson missed a couple of throws. If Oklahom awas crisp this game would be 21-0 maybe 21-7....Boise has certainly shown it can compete here which I never doubted but didnt expect sure poor OU execution on both sides of the ball....

hate TDs before the half....huge momentum swings...

Really sucks cause all I wanted was a stop and I was pounding OU...in my eyes Boise was extremely lucky to being up even 14-10....

I am on Boise ML but at halftime to be honest, I believe Okie wins this game... Halftime wager coming... Nut , what do you think?

tee*dub said:
I am on Boise ML but at halftime to be honest, I believe Okie wins this game... Halftime wager coming... Nut , what do you think?

I was thinking the same thing, I really would be shocked to see BlowU come out flat in the second half. which side wager were you thinking?

:moose:

Yeah I honestly dont like the momentum factor....w/o that last TD I would have gone 10 units on Oklahoma....its just such BS...I expect OU to be so muc better then this....Boise cant move the ball consistently on them and Boise cant stop them if Thompson stops floating the ball and they OL plays a little better...I hate being in this position cause I sound like the bitter Oklahoma backer but seriously Boise has no right being on the scoreboard let alone winning 21-10...OU has so many wasy to beat you...bad INT in the end zone and awful play call on 3rd and 2...be original .....

All that moaning outloud cause this is about the only thing holding be back tonite.....already +30units....should be crusiing in this game now i need an unlikely miracle...

Oklahoma -7 -129 {3units}

Would lean Under but its tricky if OU plays its 'A' Game we see a repeat of the UGA vs VaTech 2nd Half....if Oklahoma play slike Michigan we see a high scoring affair....I just dont want anymore risk on a game pissing me off....if all goes well 21-3 OU in the 2nd H....that would be the perfect storm.....if OU plays up to there capabilities

well, I am stubbornly sticking with BlowU I already have heavy bets on them for the the game, I just went and added to my misery I got BlowU OVER 16.5 in the 2nd half, -7.5 in 2nd half, and Bosie Under 10 in the 2nd half. Should I be worried?!!:drinking:

I actually entertained those......really was going to pull the trigger on UNDER 28.5 -165 but passed.....lets go Sooners...Paul Thompson just needs to relax

Thank You Mr.Alvarez! At least I can walk away feeling wise as u noticed the lack of focus by OU...the Sooners shoould simply be embarrassed

I am mot suprised LAvarez was such a good coach..the man has commonsense....all OU had to do all nite was call some plays where Thompson had the run or pass option...he takes off with the ball Boise is not stopping him...still alive OU faithful......

Well the play calling was solid getting them down to the 7 and then they blow it...run on 1st down..?? Let Thompson keept it ona draw then...they just lost the Cover for us OU backers they go down 28-24 there is no doubt they cover this spread...now we are not dead but still a longshot instead of a probablity

Ou was lukcy to get back in it but I have never seen 5 luckier TDs by one team in 32 years on this Earth...great call by Boise but they cant move the ball on OU..they donthave 1 drive the entire game.....game should end on OU 7 so all the smart walk away winners!

Lets go Sooner D! Peterson to the house!! That was huge.....

Its really ashame people missed the ending to this game cause its a classic

Boise State vs ohio State or Florida are you kidding me they couldnt could hold an 18 pt lead....reason #1 right there why the public never wins in gambling cause of comments like that

They are goinmg to defend what they saw....now they overreact to everything they saw.....

I just hate idiots...the game should have only ended in 2 fashions....Boise St on the ML or OU -7...

I'm with ya, SN. This was the capper on an unbelievably bad day for me. Thank God for in-game betting and I was able to minimize some of the damage, but certainly not all of it.

You'll get it back.

Actually all I needed was OU to win by that 7 and it was an incredibly good day...I made 1 in game play OU +12.5 -140...I was +15 units on the USC game and -6 on this game which would have been +6 had OU held on.....so +9 is solid but +21 is so much better...I just dont think Boise is very good...change that as someone who has no rooting interests I know they are not good..they are well coached though.

I cant complain....I just cant watch ESPN for a good week. Boise State is not a great team , they do not deserve to play for the National Championship are they are not a top Ten 10 team....PERIOD. There is one certain thing in sports and that is if you beat yourself its not the same thing as the other team beating you..Just like I explained if you watched the Michigan - Ohio State game through unbiased eyes Ohio State was clearly the superior team and only through there mistakes did michigan make a close game...they needed 3 2nd H turnovers and a bogus pass intereference to lose just by 3....what happened yesterday against USC....end of story my book...Michigan is at best the 4th team in the country.....Just because there is some pressure and QB throws a pick doesnt mean you credit the defense...you discredit the QB for a poor desicion. Now back to OU ...Honestly that game eneded the way it should of. There is no way Boise should have not paid on the ML after all that..there should have only been 2 outcomes OU wins by 7 and no one loses OR Boise ML wins.....anything else would have been a total injustice. I applaud Boise for a good job...easiest way to beat an over-agressive fast defense is with misdirection plays and thats all they did. I dont see what there OC did as genius just simple good coaching...OU lacked mental awareness all game. That hook and ladder should never happen....you can see the guy streaking behind him and instead of trying to JACK the guy up like the defense was doing all day why not realize 4th and 18...a lateral is coming somewhere.....5 guys in the vicinity......This goes back to the premise that OU was NOT mentally prepared to play. Thank You barry Alvarez for saying that. I would like to have seen a Crisp 'A' game by OU and I would suspect they win about 42-10. Not just cause I bet them because I hate conspiracy theorists and misguided perception. Who wants to hear about Boise they are solid but thats about it. I dont evenwatch ESPN anymore at all...a bunch of idiots..Not one drive all day was Boise able to move the ball down field...every TD was due to over aggression on defense....Credit Boise, Shame on OU..

1) Why is everyone biting so bad on a play-action pass? Simple cause everyone wants to run up and hit someone
2) why does a cross body and field pass go for 38 yd TD scamper..instead of the defense holding there positions they are all over pursuing
3) Why doesnt the 5 defenders realize there might be a lateral upcoming on 4th and 18 with 15 seconds left?
4) Where was the defense going on the Statue of Liberty play...Ian Johnson didnt flinch thatalone should be a sign to watch him..

I never seen a team score so many points and have no ability to move the ball...Wow is all I can say.....OU should really look in the mirror after this embarrasment. Their offense play-calling was awful all day...you gave the superior team and your throwing fades when you NEED to score....just hit them in the mouth....and stop running at their strength !! Honestly I still cant believe how bad OU was in every segment of that game....

Paul Thompson alone gave Boise 14 pts on a fumble at the 9 and Pick 6..he also took away at least 3 maybe 7 points with that INT in the End Zone and missed 2 open WRs deep downfield which both would have been TDs...the 1st time I believe they scored the second the punted...when he overthrow the guy after underthrowing them all day..

However this is why they play the games cause you never know what team is showing up. I think Boise did everything that was expected of them. The better team won the 2nd Half which always seems to happen and now I cant trun on ESPN till after the Bowl Season is long gone...

Reality is Boise won by 1point and OU played an AWFUL game...

This is by no means knocking any Boise backers...my philosophy is simple you back the fav you better expect an 'A' type effort ...and we got a 'C'...Boise defense is simply not good enough after watching that game...OU coaching staff is not either..

We have tonite...

Yeah, I completely concur, SN. I, for reasons I know, but still shake my head at, bit on Michigan yesterday--even knowing everything you said about the Ohio St. game.

I was actually on the right side of that one, but I cannot understand how you watch that game and don't see that Ohio St. was easily 10 points better than that team. Maybe only a TD on a neutral field, but no less than that.

All that nonsense about how big and great both of Michigan's lines were, both offensive and defensive, was completely meaningless in both spots as, big or not, they got pushed all over the field.

And when that happens, and all you have to fall back on is Lloyd Carr, you're in a world of hurt as my accounts found out yesterday.

Conversely, OU has no one to blame but themselves. They could have won that game by 14 if they would have matched the intensity of BSU and not let themselves get taken out of their game plan.

In any sport the game is usually over the minute you start playing the other team's game. In college, sometimes, the team with far superior talent can still find a way to win. Which is/was sort of the case with OU last night.

But the truth is they were out-coached, and they were baselessly arrogant. They should have known when the game was 14-0 that they were in for a long night, but right up until the end you could sense that they figured they'd do just enough to win.

I lost a great deal of money yesterday, which was thankfully negated a little with the OT in that OU game, but there was a good deal of education that came from it in situations like OU/Boise & USC/Michigan. Hopefully it can be put to good use in the future.

I am very sorry I even opened my mouth about last nites game wasted way to much time talking about it...mens less time to handicap....

Louisville -10 -108 {4units} 1st H -6 -120 {1unit}
1st H Under 26 +101 {unit} , under 54 -110 {1u} , Under 21 -10 Wake {1u}

Good Luck....

I really wonder how Wake will score here....

alot of shouldves couldves and ifs and buts all i know is ou had the motivation maybe just maybe boise made them look bad imo , boise also went into a shell after getting a lead and that almost cost them , but from what i read ifs buts shouldves eqauls a big loss gl and good health all

Everything is shoulda , woulda , coulda..they only play 1 time so all you can do is imply things...

I dont think Boise State was undeserving of the WIN as much as I think they are undeserving of National Championship mention...and some exaggeration of how well they played...I feel OU played poorly more then Boise made them play poorly...GL bro

Pending:{+7.01}

Louisville -10 -108 {4units} +4.00
1st H -6 -120 {1unit} WIn +1.00
1st H Under 26 +101 {unit} WIn +1.01
Under 54 -110 {1u} +1.00
Under 21 -10 Wake {1u} +1.00

2ndH -7 +129 Ville{1u} -1.00

Swanks the man didnt expect him to miss till they basically made it sound like it was good before he kicked it. bad break with that dropped TD then fumble but more then paybacked when a play that probably should have been overturned wasnt...I honestly didnt catch a good look at it..

Not sure I touch the 2nd Half yet

At the end of the day bigger balls would have been nice on the under plays...

Last edited:
jesus.. 1H worked out for ya congrats you had that pinned... i kinda like the 2H over I think Louisville and Wake come out firing

Back