bloodhound post season

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
Thankful to get another regular season in the books going +104.64 ytd

I mostly have trouble finding value with postseason games so I will do my best to keep my MLB betting to a minimum play during the playoffs. This is the time of the yr that I like to sit back and watch with my ass drawing up tight because I capped the game entirely wrong :) I will watch the games as a fan and see how things develop with the individual games and hope for an opportunity for a larger play here and there.No matter who the Wild Card playoff teams start in their games, their pitching rotation for the next series will be out of sync. Eventually, there is potential for a large mismatch if the Division Series go long enough and we may take advantage in those games.

Tuesday American League Wild Card Game
9/30/2014 8:05 PM MLB
945 Oakland Athletics* +104 vs Kansas City Royals x1

945 Oakland Athletics/Kansas City Royals* Over 5 -246 x1

945 Oakland Athletics/Kansas City Royals* Over 6 -150 x1

Wednesday National League Wild Card Game
10/1/2014 8:05 PM MLB Baseball
948 Pittsburgh Pirates* -105
vs San Francisco Giants x2

947 San Francisco Giants/Pittsburgh Pirates* Over 6 -120 x1

will be on the Over 5 when available

Last edited:
Keep sniffing them out bloodhound.

Great season.

Head to head with you today.

Have a great postseason!

mrob, Cash,GameHunter
Thanks guys. It has been a good yr after getting off to a very slow start with multiple family problems early in the season that prevented any serious capping. Since baseball is such a long season that gave me a good chance to get things back on track
Thanks for the well wishes and I wish yall the BOL this post season.

added a series play from BOL
1851 Detroit Tigers (Series)* -130 vs Baltimore Orioles (Series) x1 played on the open and has since moved big
and a prop
Props Baseball 1005 Oakland Athletics H+R+E/Kansas City Royals H+R+E* Over 22½ -110 x1

and a few thoughts.
I certainly understand any one who are on KC today as Kansas City has won five of seven against Oakland this season. The A's have completely fallen apart after they acquired Jon Lester from Boston. They had to throw in outfielder Yoenis Cespedes, and their offense hasn't been the same. The A's are hitting just .241 and just .236 against left-handers. But I dont think that matters against Shields. The Royals hit .263 against righties and average 3.98 runs per game against southpaws. The Royals have hit .248 against Lester who plenty of playoff experience while the A's have hit just .217 against Shields. Lester has allowed just six runs in three starts against the Royals with 20 strikeouts. Shields has allowed five runs in 14 innings in two starts against Oakland and has won both games. KC ranks in the top of the league in both batting average and runs scored. They rank first in steals at 153, but 30th in home runs with only 95, so they need to manufacture runs. Cain leads the team with a .301 batting average to go along with 28 steals and 53 RBIs. Alex Gordon is the team's best overall hitter with 19 home runs, 74 RBIs, 12 steals and a .266 batting average.
A's have Donaldson who has a .255 avg with 29 home runs and 98 RBI. But they rank just 21st in batting average and they are fourth in the Majors in runs per game with 4.50. They do have 146 home runs (13th). This is not a good defensive team as they rank 31st in baseball with 111 errors, but their pitching staff ranks third in ERA at 3.22 and first in WHIP (1.14). This is a lineup that offers some power in Donaldson, Brandon Moss (25 home runs), Adam Dunn and Josh Reddick (12 homers, 54 RBIs). The clubs met seven times this season with Royals winning five of the seven matchups. Interesting to note, the two games the A's won in the series, Lester was on the mound giving the hurler a perfect 3-0 record this season against K.C. tossing for both A's and Red Sox. On the other side, Royals won both against Oakland that Shields' started, so something has to give. The home field advantage here is definitely in play. This crowd is going to be insane. Kansas City baseball fans have been longing for a winner for what seems like an eternity and they’re going to be completely jacked up for this event. I would say the home field edge here is perhaps a dime more than it would normally be as far as the betting line is concerned.
Bottom line, I said earlier in the yr that I thought the A's were the best team in baseball and I have been proven wrong as the A's just frigging collapsed after Aug 1st. But I still like them to play well in postseason and make a run.

GLTA

I have refrained from posting parlays this yr as a few folks said they would like to see how I did without my bread&butter parlays with runs bought. Since regular season is over I see know reason I cant post some parlays. I realize that all dont have books that will allow this but I do so

1. 9/30/2014 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 945 Oakland Athletics* +2 -358 vs Kansas City Royals
    J Lester - L Listed J Shields - R Listed
  2. 10/1/2014 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 948 Pittsburgh Pirates* +1½ -185 vs San Francisco Giants
    M Bumgarner - L Listed E Volquez - R Listed
100 To Win 97

I really like this one and should make it a three U play but I am doing my best to show some moderation :)

Blood, great year! You are the man. Hate being on the opposite side of you tonight but I have a dime on the Royals.

Keep crushing it my friend.

Blood, great year! You are the man. Hate being on the opposite side of you tonight but I have a dime on the Royals.

Keep crushing it my friend.

helluva game Nice dime win for U Twins BOL the rest of the way

Congrats to all of the KC fans

------------------------

3-1-0 +3.0 ps 107.64ytd with pending parlay

GO Pirates

Thanks C-Man, Out puck just over a wk away :) :) GL pard

Pirates knocked the Reds out of postseason last yr and this year I think they'll do the same to the Giants. Volquez has been a pleasant surprise for Pirates has @ 13-7 3.04 ERA and is undefeated in 12 starts with Pirates 8-4 Volquez did not face SF this season but brings a 1-8 team start skid vs Giants tossing for LA/SD/CIN. Bumgarner has 18-10 record, 2.98 ERA and ended regular season on a 1-5 stretch with Giants 6-1 over the 7 starts and is 1-3 with a 3.24 ERA in four career starts against Pirates including a home loss this season getting smacked for 6 hits, 5 earned over 4.0 innings of work.Bumgarner did, however, have one of his worst outings of the season against the Pirates. He lasted four innings, giving up five earned runs on six hits en route to picking up the loss in a 5-0 win for the Bucs. But he is known for pitching better on the road than at home heads to the mound 11-4 with a 2.22 ERA in 18 road starts (13-5 TSR). The clubs met six times this season with Pirates winning four of the matchups.
I like the Pittsburgh tonite.This team is actually very similar to the successful Giants World Series models. They're a scrappy bunch with a deep bullpen, deep rotation of quality arms, and they're great at the plate in key situations. Almost everyone in their lineup takes pitches, culminating in a third-place finish in on-base percentage (.330)bullpen which has been good this year, going 33-25 (.569) with a 3.28 ERA and 1.24 WHIP, but converting only 48-of-72 (67%) save chances. Closer Melancon (1.90 ERA, 33 saves) has struck out one batter per inning while showing amazing control (1.4 BB/9). He has surrendered just two homers all year in his 71 frames (0.25 HR/9).

Go Pirates

Amazing game last night. Lost on it too. GL tonight. I hate Melancon. His wind up is weird and he makes me feel like Im going to have a heart attack. Hopefully, not tonight. Different team w/o Pagan.

chancedog, Johnny, Thanks guys
Lets get this win tonite and at least seven runs for the Over as well.
GL

added
947 San Francisco Giants/Pittsburgh Pirates* Over 5 -252 x1

948 Pittsburgh Pirates* Over 2 -235 vs San Francisco Giants x1

Well Hound my friend, not the way I wanted to or expected that to go down. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say but who knows what happens if they bench Cole on Sunday and we have him on the mound last night.

Time to move onto the AL. Have Game 1 and Game 2 tickets in hand in Baltimore. Lets go O's!

TF, ICK,
Thanks guys, my wife had tears in her eyes after that ass whippin last nite as she is a big time Pirates fan, like one of those peps that go to the game and keep stats, even diags of who hits the ball where and what %. OH well maybe next yr

lost a bit last nite going 2-4-0 -3.45 -0.45PS +103.19ytd

Hey Blood, sorry I have been absent - busy with work and travelled up to Traverse City MI for some fall colors. What are you leaning towards tonight bot in baseball and CFB? Thanks

Wondering where u were Cruse, havent talked in a while hope all is well

Thursday
one outstanding play 1851 Detroit Tigers (Series)* -130 vs Baltimore Orioles (Series) x1 played on the open

So far I have won both totals and lost both sides

Detroit Tigers-114 x1 i know im late but played these
Over 7 -110 x1
Over 6 --160 x1

Los Angeles Angels -1 -131 x1
Over 7 -160 x1
Over 6 -249 x1

GLTA

Yeah I have been enjoying our weather here in Michigan the last 3 weeks so it has been hard to make myself sit down and work so now just catching up. The weather is about to turn so back to it...I have followed the Tigers all year and it is difficult to put $$$ on them as they hugely under achieve and have for the last few years...And I didn't have much cabbage to bet with after spending 4 days in Traverse City. Had agreat time though.

LOL, I have always been 'lucky' :)
...sounds like a great time u had, Enjoy Life Cruse as its seams awfully short when one looks back on the things U missed
:shake:

just had to add this sreies play, to much value here not to try this
1853 Kansas City Royals (Series)* +160 vs Los Angeles Angels (Series) x1

I like LAA tonight as I think KC's pitcher isn't real good. See what's happening with Detroit - I have Balty 2nd half of game and will continue to hit that and maybe 2nd half over too from now on. I have never been lucky - NEVER...But I do appreciate my life...

2-4-0 -4,54 last -4.99 PS and back below the century mark ytd +98.65

late again on 1st game but for the record I did play
Det +110 x1
Over 6 -249 x1
Over 7 -159 x1

Nats -178 x1
Nats -1 -127
Over 6 -160

1857 St. Louis Cardinals (Series) +160 X1

Angels -151 x1
Angels -112 x1
Over 7 -120 X1
Over 6 -185 X1

GLTA

record later, i got my ass whopped good yesterday in bases

914 Washington Nationals* -187 vs San Francisco Giants x3
Over 6 -169 x1

916 Los Angeles Dodgers* -165 vs St. Louis Cardinals x3
Over 6 -168 x1

GL

struggling hard to keep my head above water in these playoffs
-7.58 last couple of days, -12.57 postseason, and down to 86.08 ytd from a reg season hi of 104.64

SunDay
Detroit -175 x3
Over 6 -207 x1

Angels +118 x2
Over 6 -210 x1

GS Over 14.5 -120 x2

added one to existing Det series play @ +420

GLTA

Tough for me to back A Detroit team I feel is flawed in so many ways, they may win today & for your sake I hope so but with the bullpen they have tough to risk 175/100....1st 5 might be safer play.

GL on the action

Hey Blood, good morning my friend. I went with Balt 2nd half of game at plus money and this will come into play if Price gets chased early - Balty did hit him earlier this year. I have been over exposed to the Tigers since at least 1986 as I know someone drafted by the Tigers then, and he was Ron's pitching coach and Ron said he sucked way back when! He should resign - I know I would. You posting Niffel any time soon?

struggling hard to keep my head above water in these playoffs
-7.58 last couple of days, -12.57 postseason, and down to 86.08 ytd from a reg season hi of 104.64

SunDay
Detroit -175 x3
Over 6 -207 x1

Angels +118 x2
Over 6 -210 x1

GS Over 14.5 -120 x2

added one to existing Det series play @ +420

GLTA

Good Luck BH and welcome to my world. The Year of the Wild Card.....:enraged:

short on time as I am packing the truck for a trip and taking care of hose stuff before leaving early Mon morn
Cruse Thanks for the feedback. Only thing I added to nfl fron last nire posting is another U on the Steelers and played Atl+4' x1 I just dont see Atl have to bad games back to back GL

added
918 Detroit Tigers* -1½ +125 vs Baltimore Orioles x1 I think this is a 5-2 win for the Tigers

Paulie,
man, i thought it was just me having a bad post season. We'll get it straighten out and come out on top my friend

GL

Safe travels my friend. I hope Detroit comes thru for you. I will re-check those Niffel picks for something later!

hot, 88deg and cloudy here on the east cost of fla
I am posting these only cause I payed them....I certainly havent helped anyone this post season
929 Los Angeles Dodgers* -155 vs St. Louis Cardinals x3

929 Los Angeles Dodgers/St. Louis Cardinals* Under 7 -146 x2

Cruse,Paulie, Zane Thanks

931 Washington Nationals* -135 vs San Francisco Giants x1
931 Washington Nationals/San Francisco Giants* Over 6 -155 x3

hi cruse, damn hot here, besides that I dont know much. after a miserable winter in the mtn home last yr i promised myself i would not do that again so i bought a house close to the beach about 40 mi below staugustine. so far everytime i come down here i work my ass off making improvements.tomorrow i have a man coming over to help me install a new central ac sys, i have a big tree down in the yd so i guess that is for thrusday, need to do some maint on the poo lon fri and of course i am in front of a tv for college ball on sat...so like i said ,, its still damn hot down here
hope all is well with u and urs

951 Kansas City Royals* +114 vs Baltimore Orioles x2
951 Kansas City Royals/Baltimore Orioles* Under 7½ -155 x1

Saturday
954 St. Louis Cardinals* -122 vs San Francisco Giants x4
953 San Francisco Giants/St. Louis Cardinals* Under 7½ -185 X2

Series

1861 Kansas City Royals (Series)* +110 vs Baltimore Orioles (Series) x2

1864 St. Louis Cardinals (Series)* -135 vs San Francisco Giants (Series) X5

GLTA

added
[TABLE="class: WagerDesc, width: 0"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
  1. 10/10/2014 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 951 Kansas City Royals* +107 vs Baltimore Orioles
    J Shields - R Listed C Tillman - R Listed
  2. 10/11/2014 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 954 St. Louis Cardinals* -122 vs San Francisco Giants
    M Bumgarner - L Listed A Wainwright - R Listed
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Risking 200 To Win 554
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Hey my friend been busy myself wrapping up some work tax projects. Last winter here in Michigan was the worst by far I have ever experienced in 47 years on earth. I am not looking forward to what is upcoming - I have a bad feeling it will be much of the same. I know Florida can be hot as I have lived in Boca Raton and my company is headquartered in West Palm Beach. How far are you from there? Are you guys down there then for the next 6 months or so? Gotta get the AC installed - it's a moral imparative! I can't spell real well - been drinking wine and margaritas! I grilled tonight for our neighbors! It was good of course! I hope you guys are well. I have to catch up on your posts!!

951 Kansas City Royals* +114 vs Baltimore Orioles x2
951 Kansas City Royals/Baltimore Orioles* Under 7½ -155 x1

Saturday
954 St. Louis Cardinals* -122 vs San Francisco Giants x4
953 San Francisco Giants/St. Louis Cardinals* Under 7½ -185 X2

Series

1861 Kansas City Royals (Series)* +110 vs Baltimore Orioles (Series) x2

1864 St. Louis Cardinals (Series)* -135 vs San Francisco Giants (Series) X5

GLTA

The way me and you are going in the playoffs it's a good thing we're on different sides this way one of us can break the streak. Congrats on K.C tonight. sorry about the Under needed that myself.:cheers3:

Thanks guys
Cash, Raise, Cruse, Paulie, Appreciate the well wishes
Cruse, I will email u
Paulie, man, what a damn PS....and we are ''supposed'' to be MLB cappers meaning we should have a clue as to whats going on...Lost that Under but would probably play it again the same way OhWell
I want get to watch either game because of college football but I like these enough for one U
Cards pending and par pending
added
955 Kansas City Royals* +114 vs Baltimore Orioles x1
955 Kansas City Royals/Baltimore Orioles* Over 6 -180 x1

BOL guys

Back