bloodhound post season

Sat was disappointing to go along with a very disappointing playoffs losing my big Cards play and the associated parlay

Sunday
958 St. Louis Cardinals* -130 vs San Francisco Giants x3... Lynn has won 5 of the last 6 games when pitching with seven or more days of rest and he has won 33 of the last 49 home games.
957 San Francisco Giants/St. Louis Cardinals* Under 7½ -165 x2

added another unit to
1864 St. Louis Cardinals (Series)* +170 vs San Francisco Giants (Series) now a total of six

1-1 with a small loss, I just cant have a big winning day!!
Monday
960 Kansas City Royals* +101 vs Baltimore Orioles x2
959 Baltimore Orioles/Kansas City Royals* Over 7 -140 x2

Love that OVER play today Blood and have it locked in. Sadly my book has it at 7.5 -115

Don't have the necessary statistics like some other guys in this forum, but Chen is less than impressive and I see him getting rocked early tonight before the birds get settled in.

GL!

God what a debacle ending to that SF gm two last night. I had under 7 and thought I was at least going to get a push until Rosenthal imploded. BOL Blood.

Hey Blood, are you concerned about the wind regarding the over tonight? I see it's blowing in from left field @ 17mph right now, and forecast to increase to the 20's by game time...

Tuesday
961 St. Louis Cardinals* +118 vs San Francisco Giants x1
St. Louis Cardinals/San Francisco Giants* Over 7 -105 x2

960 Kansas City Royals* +103 vs Baltimore Orioles x2
959 Baltimore Orioles/Kansas City Royals* Over 6 -185 x3

I like your overs! We will see how tough Baltimore is tonight but dogging KC @ home - I would take it. Your over in SF is already looking good!

You don't call and you don't write! You must be very busy enjoying the sunshine! I hope things are coming together for you at your "other" home! Must be nice! I didn't see a thread for you with your CFB picks for week 8 - you MUST be distracted...Watching SF come back in the baseball.

You don't call and you don't write! You must be very busy enjoying the sunshine! I hope things are coming together for you at your "other" home! Must be nice! I didn't see a thread for you with your CFB picks for week 8 - you MUST be distracted...Watching SF come back in the baseball.

on the road babe, talk when i get home next wk

Thanks to all for the comments

GL guys

added

25001 Kansas City Royals win World Series* -110 vs Field wins World Series
550/500

Im settled in for the nite and took a look at this game
This is a duplicate pitching matchup of game 1 in this series and we saw what Bumgarner then, holding the Cardinals down to 4 hits and no runs scored.Bumgarner has been locked in all postseason now with an ERA of 0.76 coupled with a 0.72 WHIP. The Cards are not hitingt leftties well,@ only .164 against in their last 5 starts. If one thinks Bumgarner run through them once again then The Giants are the play....But I like Wainwright to try for some redemption after getting credited for 2 runs against in the last game.If he is really injured I dont see him starting but since he is starting I have to believe in him. In a playoff game two runs against for Wainwright is too much and I expect him to be on his game tonite. Wainwright has allowed only 4 runs in five of his last six games. Cardinals bullpen is a lot more taxed than the Giants’. At 43 pitches per reliever so far, that’s 39% higher than what San Fran’s relievers (31 total pitches per) have thrown on average. So which bullpen will you trust in the later innings of this one if Wainwright is ON and this game is close? And what if Wainwright’s elbow issues are real and he can’t go past the 4th/5th inning again, can you really trust this Cardinals bullpen to finish the game for him? I think we can make a very convincing argument that not only do the Giants have a strong advantage with their starter on the mound, but they also have a significant advantage with their BP in this one.Well I made a good case for the Giants, just hope Im wrong and Go Card. And I am expecting another low scoring contest and like the Under more than theside but I really need the Cards to come thru for me.
So...

969 St. Louis Cardinals/San Francisco Giants* Under 7 -170 x3

969 St. Louis Cardinals* +143 vs San Francisco Giants x1 already have 6 U on Cards series so I really need this game!!!!!

I know you are covering your STL series bet. I just think SF & KC are destined to be in the series as they are playing some crazy baseball right now. We shall see. Have you posted your CFB picks yet?

I know you are covering your STL series bet. I just think SF & KC are destined to be in the series as they are playing some crazy baseball right now. We shall see. Have you posted your CFB picks yet?
NO, havent had time to look indepth at cfb, hopefully fri niteGO CARDS

sure as hell glad thats over with.....bad damn post season

one outstanding play and may add to it if the fund become available

25001 Kansas City Royals win World Series* -110 vs Field wins World Series
550/500

Agree Blood. You can do all the analysis you want, but I don't see how you can go against this team. They seem to the have the perfect chemistry. I go back to that SF/WASH series, and I keep thinking SF got pretty lucky. KC has dominated this entire playoffs. They even showed a little power, which they didn't have much of in the season.

Agree Gorgo, SF has really surprised me and who the hell ever thought we would see them and KC in this yrs series...but since we have this matchup we may as well take advantage of it....GL

25001 Kansas City Royals win World Series* -110 vs Field wins World Series x5
902 Kansas City Royals* -103
vs San Francisco Giants x2
901 San Francisco Giants/Kansas City Royals* Over 6 -118 x2

I see this game as a toss up with the SP adv going to Bum but the Royals have been putting up a lot of runs on the board against left-handed pitching recently, evidenced by the Over going 5-1-1 in the Royals' last seven games versus lefties.And KC is playing better ball at at present imo. Bumgarner will be working on his normal four days of rest, Shields has not pitched in 11 days and that may not be good for Shields who is 1-0 with a 5.63 ERA in three postseason starts. Bumgarner is 2-1 with a 2.42 ERA in four playoff starts and has been light's out in his last four road starts in post season (4-0) giving up 2 runs, striking out 28, walking 5 over over 30.2 innings of work. Well I made a pretty good case to play Bum but I like Shields also. Shields proved his worth this year as he posted an eighth consecutive season with double-digit victories while recording an ERA better than 3.60 for the fourth straight year. He had his best control (1.7 BB/9) since the 2008 campaign as he finished off the regular season with a 2.31 ERA over five September starts. His solid performance did not continue into the playoffs though, as he has a 5.63 ERA and 1.63 WHIP in three outings this postseason. However, K.C. has scored 25 runs in these three starts to bail Shields out. In his nine career playoff starts, Shields is 3-4 with a 5.19 ERA and 1.47 WHIP, while throwing 5.2 scoreless innings and allowing seven hits and two walks with four strikeouts in his one World Series outing back in 2008. He also pitched an amazing game in his lone career start against the Giants on Aug. 9, tossing a four-hit shutout with five strikeouts and only one walk. The only current San Francisco hitter with multiple hits against Shields is OF Gregor Blanco who is 4-for-7, while OF Hunter Pence is a very poor 0-for-11 in the matchup against the veteran. The true strength of this club is its bullpen, which is 34-18 (.654) with a 3.19 ERA and 1.23 WHIP, while saving a tremendous 59-of-71 (83%) games. Greg Holland (1.13 ERA, 6 saves) has quickly grown into one of the best closers in the game, and saved all four contests in the ALCS. In the 2014 postseason, the right-hander has six saves and a pitching line of: 8 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 5 BB's and 10 K's.

This is a tough call as Shields is typically not at his best at home while Bumgarner is absolutely terrific outside the state of California. Neither team has exceptionally strong offenses, both play good D. But how can you go against the home dog in KC? Not me! This is a team that has continually found ways to win tough games, with the bats, with the D, and with the bullpen. They took down the two best teams in the AL. SF's margin for error is very small here with KC. Game probaly come down to Bullpen and Defense. KC has both, and both are better, and momentum , and I hope the long layoff does not hut to much but it has to be part of this equation It simplest terms if KC has a 1 or 2 run lead in any game past the 7th inning, and you have to go through Herrera, Davis and Holland as an opposing team to win, I would estimate your chances of winning at 20% or less in that scenario.... So my play for Game 1 is on KC x2. I want be surprised to see this game go Under 7 but I still have to try the Over 6

GLTA

Friday
Reynolds btp with a 64.35 percent strike rate and he has one of the bigger strike zones among umpires and I still prefer the Over 6. Giants' bullpen, especially the middle relief, suddenly looks vulnerable. Giants manager Bochy ran through five pitchers in the decisive sixth inning and Lincecum later left the game due to lower-back tightness. Hudson has Not been in a consistent groove in quite awhile. He finished the regular season up pitching a 10.97 ERA with a 2.16 WHIP in his last three. His last postseason start against the Cards wasn't a walk in the park, getting hit for 4 runs and 7 hits over 6 innings. In half of his last 10 starts, Hudson gave up 4 or more runs. He was solid the first-half of the season, but fell apart in the second-half. Hudson had an ERA of 8.72 with a 1.85 WHIP in September. Guthrie has been quite strong in that respect, a 2.40 ERA in the last month. However, he has a career 6.14 ERA against them and 1.98 WHIP. I like KC
905 Kansas City Royals* +114 vs San Francisco Giants x2
905 Kansas City Royals/San Francisco Giants* Over 6 -160 x2

Love it Blood, all over it too. Would not be surprised if Royals win series 4-2 with Bumgarner getting the only wins. GL friend

Saturday
907 Kansas City Royals* +106 vs San Francisco Giants x1
907 Kansas City Royals/San Francisco Giants* Over 6 -160 x3

909 Kansas City Royals* +150 vs San Francisco Giants x 1

909 Kansas City Royals/San Francisco Giants* Over 5 -233 x1

Tuesday Game 6
911 San Francisco Giants/Kansas City Royals Over 6 -180* x3
912 Kansas City Royals -141* <small>vs</small> San Francisco Giants x3

well, we are down to the nutcuttin tonite. it has been a good series. I would like to thanks all who have put up my my baseball threads this yr but I appreciate all who stopped by with comments. KC has been good to me all yr and i see no reason to switch now. KC is on fire right now. They're playing at home. The momentum and the crowd will be on their side. Guthrie looked impressive in his last outing. Hudson on the other hand has looked shaky. Remember the last road team to win a game 7 was the Pirates in 1979. Also the last team to lose game 6 and win game 7 was the Pirates in 1960. The odds are also in favor of the Royals....but i am sure we will see Bumgarner in relief after stifling the Royals on a total of one run in winning Games 1 and 5 and I dont look forward to him so hopefully KC gets some early runs.Hudson is 0-5, 6.80 in his last eight starts, 1-4, 3.53 in 12 postseason starts, 0-1, 4.76 in one start against the Royals this season. Guthrie is 4-0, 1.78 in his last five starts, 1-0, 2.70 in two playoff starts, 1-0, 3.60 in his one start against the Giants this season. The Giants used five pitchers in Game 6, but Giants but im sure Bochy still feels as if he has the tools to win Game 7. He used five pitchers, but only Machi pitched more than two innings. He did not use his top four relievers: left-handers Lopez and Affeldt and right-handers Romo and Casilla. The Royals' bullpen is rested. Ventura pitched seven innings of shutout ball, and relievers Frasor and Collins pitched the eighth and ninth innings, respectively. That means that Herrera, Davis and Holland have another day of rest heading into Game 7. If Guthrie can get five or six innings I like KC chances with their relief corps.Because the managers want be afraid to put the relievers in tonite I dont like the over here as much as the other six games but there is no way that Im playng the Under.
I have a huge bet on KC to win the series as I have added to my initial nickle bet every chance i got and now KC series plays is up to around 15 units. I am not a big hedger (yeah , I know I should be in this sit) so I will play KC and the Over both x1 again and hope for the best
Hope to see everyone here next yr
GLTA

Always appreciate your thread, but appreciate your friendship more!!! Great work all season. Have safe & healthy winter my friend, I will be thinking of ya when I am busting my balls at the Brown nightmare

Great job Blood, I have a small SF series play going and have played a few others a long the way in the series. I am kind of thinking over tonight and will let the SF series play ride.

Back