2024 MLB RSW Discussion

1 year/25 mil makes him the highest paid player this year lol. His option for a 2nd year which can escalate based on starts/performance up to $25m next season.

obviously ya want him to hit his marks!

Reactions: KJ
he has turned into a fantastic 3, plus he was big time in the playoffs. rangers basically got thru playoffs with just him and eovaldi

typical new cardinals move, make a good trade for a quality arm then get rid of him! lmao. now i'm really annoyed they didn't keep him!! it's cool tho, we have so many quality pitchers!! lol

• Haha
he has turned into a fantastic 3, plus he was big time in the playoffs. rangers basically got thru playoffs with just him and eovaldi
I assume they'll use him as the 3, he's got to get in to game shape so guessing his innings will be pretty limited in April but he makes a nice fill in for Rodriguez while he recovers. Lat strain so who knows how long that keeps him out. Rotation looks pretty stout when he gets back.

I assume they'll use him as the 3, he's got to get in to game shape so guessing his innings will be pretty limited in April but he makes a nice fill in for Rodriguez while he recovers. Lat strain so who knows how long that keeps him out. Rotation looks pretty stout when he gets back.

i didn't even know they picked up rodriguez, man that is a really good starting 5 when he healthy! i really need to take a day and figure out where everyone playing! lol, i just havnt had the time.

you holding o's 1st playoff experience against them? they are gonna be even better this year and that was before they went out and got burnes! their big move was adding that loser jack flaherty at deadline, of course they had no shot in playoffs last year. this year they will be going deep into the post season!
I agree that Baltimore is better but this division was always about being the best because of the Yankees and Red Sox. Both of these franchises have been on the decline. It’s now the Orioles division and mediocre throughout. This is not even a tough division, let alone the best division.

I agree that Baltimore is better but this division was always about being the best because of the Yankees and Red Sox. Both of these franchises have been on the decline. It’s now the Orioles division and mediocre throughout. This is not even a tough division, let alone the best division.

i mean they still have the yanks win total at like 91.5 so the market seems to disagree. red sox are the only team in the div with a win total below .500, this is the only div that has 2 teams win totals in the 90s. nothing wrong with your opinion this isn't the best div but it still seems to being thought of as such.

i tend to agree w you as i don't see any way the rays don't fall off with all the pitching they have on the shelf, the jays seem to be overrated every year, im shocked the yanks win total is a game above balty and yanks still slight favs to win the div, i think this o's div all the way, as long they don't get cocky imo they easily the team to beat.

other than o's who i think is now the class the div i actually think the red sox could be undervalued! the pitching a huge concern tho, they shoulda been in on montgomery since he ended up taking a short term deal, after giolito going down they really needed to find a replacement, i feel like they have some guys who could be coming into their prime and surprise. i always been a big fan of Bello, crawford and whitlock are bout the age a lot of pitchers make big jumps and think they both have the ability. i don't think Story is washed, to me he a prime candidate for a bounce back season, if he returns to form the offense should produce plenty of runs. to tell ya the truth if you correct and this division is on the decline then i think there value in the red sox team total over!

and let's be fair to the evil empire, god knows i hate the yanks but im not sure it fair to say they in decline is it? Rizzo is raking this spring, supposedly he had lingering concussion effects last year, if he gets back to his old self he should put up huge numbers in that park. Putting soto in this lineup in front of judge and in this park is gonna be scary! imagine the damage this dude gonna do if he not taking a million walks!! i assume he won't be walking as much as he should see more strikes with judge hitting behind him! with Cole going down the pitching leaves a lot to be desired but this lineup is gonna score a whole bunch of runs! they need Rondon to be the guy they paid for, stroman was a great addition as he a model of consistency they desperately needed! sure there gonna be nights they have to score a bunch of runs but they are certainly capable! the lineup is sick.

and let's be fair to the evil empire, god knows i hate the yanks but im not sure it fair to say they in decline is it? Rizzo is raking this spring, supposedly he had lingering concussion effects last year, if he gets back to his old self he should put up huge numbers in that park. Putting soto in this lineup in front of judge and in this park is gonna be scary! imagine the damage this dude gonna do if he not taking a million walks!! i assume he won't be walking as much as he should see more strikes with judge hitting behind him! with Cole going down the pitching leaves a lot to be desired but this lineup is gonna score a whole bunch of runs! they need Rondon to be the guy they paid for, stroman was a great addition as he a model of consistency they desperately needed! sure there gonna be nights they have to score a bunch of runs but they are certainly capable! the lineup is sick.
Yanks win total has fallen a few games already this year. They’re a Vegas auto 90+ season win total because of their history and payroll. Their pitching rotation is without Cole until at least June. Who do they have? Stroman and Cortez at the top? Bullpen is suspect.
I’m a big Yankees fan and since the hiring of Boone, don’t play baseball the way it’s supposed to be played. Everyone posing in the batters box as the baseball bounces off the wall. Stupid baseball doesn’t win.

Yanks win total has fallen a few games already this year. They’re a Vegas auto 90+ season win total because of their history and payroll. Their pitching rotation is without Cole until at least June. Who do they have? Stroman and Cortez at the top? Bullpen is suspect.
I’m a big Yankees fan and since the hiring of Boone, don’t play baseball the way it’s supposed to be played. Everyone posing in the batters box as the baseball bounces off the wall. Stupid baseball doesn’t win.

they gonna score some runs tho! soto gonna have a freaking monster year hitting in front of judge (the 4-5 weeks he healthy!) and in that park. i can't get enough soto futures, just seems so obvious. i hope they awful i can't stand the yanks, something tells me they be better than my cardinals tho. they really need Rondon to be the guy he was in san fran cause the pitching is def suspect, cortes and stroman are perfectly fine middle to bottom the rotation solid innings eaters but ya def don't want them at the top the rotation. but again id take those 2 ahead of what cardinals have at the top with sonny grey hurt! our rotation was ugly with him, now mikolas is out opening day starter, that series in lad is gonna be ugly for our pitching right out the gates!

they gonna score some runs tho! soto gonna have a freaking monster year hitting in front of judge (the 4-5 weeks he healthy!) and in that park. i can't get enough soto futures, just seems so obvious. i hope they awful i can't stand the yanks, something tells me they be better than my cardinals tho. they really need Rondon to be the guy he was in san fran cause the pitching is def suspect, cortes and stroman are perfectly fine middle to bottom the rotation solid innings eaters but ya def don't want them at the top the rotation. but again id take those 2 ahead of what cardinals have at the top with sonny grey hurt! our rotation was ugly with him, now mikolas is out opening day starter, that series in lad is gonna be ugly for our pitching right out the gates!
Love the Soto pickup but he likes to pose in the box too while the ball one hops the wall. Lol. Looking forward to tomorrow! GL!

Love the Soto pickup but he likes to pose in the box too while the ball one hops the wall. Lol. Looking forward to tomorrow! GL!

it's gonna be so interesting with judge hitting behind him, far to often it feels like soto trying to walk, gotta think he gonna get more balls in the zone than he has ever seen! will he stare at them and get called out on strikes or will he finally start doing real damage?!???!

Back