Bless you boys-- 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
SEMCON unite!

Our first 9th inning in the books.

Now, can we play Chicago 161 more times?

:prayer

I gotta tell ya BAR. I'm in Shreveport, we had seen some ventriliquist show they gave us tickets to. The one with the dead terrorist or something. I'm drunk as a skunk.
Some guy says something about Tiger Stadium as we walk out. I said the old one or the new one? He looked at me like I had two heads.
In the middle of my hangover the next day, I realized he meant LSU. I must have had a flashback to my second wife , from Michigan, where I had seen Tigers game.
Old and drunk is no way to go through life.

I gotta tell ya BAR. I'm in Shreveport, we had seen some ventriliquist show they gave us tickets to. The one with the dead terrorist or something. I'm drunk as a skunk.
Some guy says something about Tiger Stadium as we walk out. I said the old one or the new one? He looked at me like I had two heads.
In the middle of my hangover the next day, I realized he meant LSU. I must have had a flashback to my second wife , from Michigan, where I had seen Tigers game.
Old and drunk is no way to go through life.

This made me literally laugh out loud. I'll be at Harry's all day on Friday BAR if you make it down

This made me literally laugh out loud. I'll be at Harry's all day on Friday BAR if you make it down

It was a great start to the thread.

I am in-between making it down this year. We shall see. Weather is gonna suck of course.

Definitely an Opening Day tradition for you at Harry's, eh?

Born in Dearborn Heights, but the family lived in Bay City two streets from Lake Huron. Freaked me out when I saw that thing frozen. Don't compute for a redneck.

Born in Dearborn Heights, but the family lived in Bay City two streets from Lake Huron. Freaked me out when I saw that thing frozen. Don't compute for a redneck.

I can imagine. That is in the Bay though, the whole lake doesn't get frozen.

Dearborn Heights, maybe she knew Dilaudid8.

rain or the pale hose, which is your better friend

giphy.gif

It was a great start to the thread.

I am in-between making it down this year. We shall see. Weather is gonna suck of course.

Definitely an Opening Day tradition for you at Harry's, eh?

Not every year. The last few since I stopped attending the opening day game. Weather may play a factor this year. People dropping out with the quickness.

Not every year. The last few since I stopped attending the opening day game. Weather may play a factor this year. People dropping out with the quickness.

I have gotten a few texts about going. It is gonna be really windy and cold.

I got tickets for Monday when weather be much better so may just wait. We'll see.

Happy Opening Day!!! :cheers3:

Probably should post this in the Midwest Blizzard thread.

Well, Sox too.

All this with 2 outs.

Fricking live was 4.5 +120 on over when I did Sox bet.

DetroitSportsNation‏ @detsportsnation <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134); margin-right: 5px;"> 15m15 minutes ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; position: relative;">More
</button>

Bruce Rondon: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 batters faced, 24 pitches (11 strikes). #Tigers #OpeningDayDET

good ole Joe, walks 2 and gives the lead up

another stellar Farrell bullpen move:hang:

serious question: is he the worst bullpen manager ever?

DetroitSportsNation‏ @detsportsnation <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134); margin-right: 5px;"> 15m15 minutes ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; position: relative;">More
</button>

Bruce Rondon: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 batters faced, 24 pitches (11 strikes). #Tigers #OpeningDayDET

and here i was about to drop Shane Greene (chasing hold stats in a league) because Rondon was clearly the 8th inning guy, but the league doesn't let you do transactions same day when a player has played lol

Hell of a duel today. You end up going BAR?

I did not, last minute seeing that there could be storms coming even though that line went through pretty quick.

Definitely wish a would have though, 77 with a nice breeze and two great pitchers. Nothing better than that.

surprised Sale got an L today considering how well he threw it today

...also surprised at the quick hook to send Rondon to the minors, but I can't imagine KRod will be able to close 40 games again this year with a 4 mph difference between his 4-seamer and change, only 2 between the 2-seamer and change

I feel like Rondon has been that 'next' guy for ages but injuries and inconsistency...

Yeah, from what I was able to watch early Sale looked great. Those types of games happen. Detroit starting pitchers know all to well over the last several years taking a loss or no-decision in games they should get a W.

1st place!!! Must be April in the D!:rofl:

Bully looked good today and Fulmer seemed to figure it out. Think he had 70 pitches in the 3rd.

Back