BIG wk #8

The other piece to Bosa is this is tied to an injury and not just skipping to skip. He has every right and is the smart move.

Huh, Ahmadinejad is a Michigan fan...or something?

The hard-line former president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, perhaps better known for denying the Holocaust and cracking down on political and religious dissent, took to Twitter on Tuesday in support of an unlikely cause: the U-M football team.

"With a hard work ethic Inshallah the U of M will return to its glory days," he wrote, using the Arabic term for "God Willing."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ran-president-mahmoud-ahmadinejad/1668260002/

See any block M flags outside the mosques around you guys?

Let's go down memory lane though... Still a great headline and epitomizes what so many CFB coaches try to achieve...

Why does it feel that MSU +7 and ML are auto plays this week?

For better or for worse, I think bettors without thinking rush to take a big home dog in a rivalry game thinking that, because it's a rivalry game and it's at the dog's venue, the game must be close if the dog doesn't pull it off.

Ah. Memories. Remember when Dantonio and Narduzzi were ordering their roided up players to injure Denard? The trying to snap his neck was the best!

Quick Friday thoughts on each B1G game...

Maryland at Iowa presents no value to where I have this number. Iowa is pretty solid and Maryland is no easy out either. This has the feeling of a lower scoring game, despite some of the Iowa results lately. Now, that current total has no value at all. I'd sit this one out personally.

If you are just looking to 'hold ya nose' on a bet at anytime you would bet on Rutgers this week. They are godawful and even 'godawful' resents that comment. But, in a situational aspect this is not a spot I can see NW getting up for. This has the feeling of a game they just do enough to win and get out of there. The Cardiac Cats have faced a huge home game vs UM, the double-digit victory at MSU and then the comeback last week. This is tough to get excited about. I won't bet it personally, but I do think Rutgers actually gets a cover.

If you wanted to back Purdue, you already lost your opportunity. You better wait for some steam tomorrow to get you back to a good number. The total has gotten out of hand as well. I mean, I expect a high-scoring game but after initial movement the most one should have fired upon would be 65 or so, right? I'll let smarter people chime in. Speaking of smart people...I have had an weird feeling the last few days that this game is either a convincing OSU win or Purdue ML. Does that make sense? Again, someone else mentioned this yesterday and at least it made me not feel like I was going crazy. Who knows though...This OSU defense is pretty atrocious. Purdue is playing better every week. This will be a fun game to watch methinks.

Good number on Indiana is still hanging there. They are due for one of their Bloomington games...where they play it real tight or win in an upset. Then again, we've seen them cover all game against some of these better teams then have a horrid finish. Penn State has lost their season so to speak. I guess the thing here is reading into their mindset a bit? They have kinda leveled a bit to where I thought they would be after the first few weeks. Not many teams in the country have been left for dead, crowned, then left for dead again. Ladies and germs, your 2018 Penn State Nittany Lions. Check weather but this feels like an over.

Illinois and Wisconsin feels like a game where Wisky will just do enough..well the 'Wisky Way' to win and perhaps cover..perhaps not...you all should know me by now...I am not a fan of betting Wisky games. I did the live bet last week but was seeing something that quickly evaporated.

Nebraska is a hot mess. Everything was starting to go to form, imo, and then the 98 or 95 yard drive. Wow. Just a tough loss and who knows how they rebound. I said they would have value and still believe that but this is not the week to get involved. If someone made me bet, I'd take the points...albeit grudgingly.

Back in a bit with MSU/UM...

One more bit about Maryland-Iowa.

Iowa contains the run pretty damn well. That is Mary's focus point. So, is this a bit like the UM-Mary match up? Perhaps. Something to track I guess...

Okay, Paul Bunyan Time...

I don't have a bet for this game...so if you are looking for a fade/tail then I would look elsewhere. But, we can discuss this throughout the evening. I am going to breaking this up into a few posts. Any questions...fire away...

Weather:

It is going to be windy. That pretty much is a given. I believe with how that stadium is shaped and faces that each team will get one strong quarter each half.

The rain...we'll have to wait and see. There will not be lightning generally in 45 degree weather so don't expect delays. This won't be a monsoon like last season either way. Thank goodness. That game essentially was over in 45 minutes (well, more like 30 minutes because MSU used the correct strategy).

The key with the weather is going to be which staff uses it to their advantage best. Everything from the coin flip to punting situations will be huge.

Injuries:

I have no idea on Sparty injury situation. I do think Mike has been stowing a few away for this week specifically.

As far as Michigan goes, getting that kind of info is so freaking fluid. In the span of 24 hours it was Gary is out to he is playing for sure to now looking like he is out again. This is exactly how last week went. With him, I do believe the decision to shut it down is weighing heavily and that he wants to play. I am sure there are many people out there tugging both ways, including himself. As far as other players go... nothing of note has stuck out. Maybe Tarik Black will be back tomorrow? Ya never know...

One more thing with Rashan. Obviously he has been hurt for over a year now. It has limited him from becoming that 'it' guy that he was heralded as. It is unfortunate. The one thing is does though is help clog the running lanes. He also opens things up with Winovich because teams pay extra attention to him. So, if he is out... that is a loss. The last thing they need to be doing is breathing any life into the MSU abysmal rush offense.

And back to Sparty real quick. The WR depth for tomorrow is the biggest thing. The curious case of LJ Scott is always interesting as well. The receiver thing is bigger though.

If you are a fan, just watch the David Long vs Felton Davis match up tomorrow. That should be very interesting. I said it early in the week but it is similar to 2015 JD vs Burbridge match up that was just great.

Okay, back later with more...

Special Teams

Michigan has the edge here. Now, how will the weather affect punting and catching punts? Then there is the FG trys. It may make both teams be more aggressive on 4th downs at the right spots on the field.

Last post till morning:

Looks like rain is more likely as of now, 10 hours out from kickoff.

Oh great...

If MSU has 1 turnover or less, this is a 4th quarter toss-up.

If MSU has 3 turnovers or more, Michigan covers.

Yes, that sounds simple enough but the big thing and you can inverse that somewhat flipping the teams will be short fields/field position.

Expect to see a targeting ejection on Bush, Mettulus or Hudson in the first half. I just come to expect that sort of weirdness in big games nowadays. It happens just about every time.

This is the best Michigan team that Michigan State has faced in 11 years. The 2016 team was very good but had not hit that 'stride' just yet offensively.

Conversely, Michigan has already beaten two teams that would dispatch MSU with no problem and a 3rd that did win in East Lansing.

We know what's there, we know which team is better. But, this is the MSU Superbowl and could be the springboard for them as well.

I am even more confident now, with some further reading and whatnot that many injured Spartans will be available tomorrow. This is tehir season. Last week was big, but in the grand scheme this is their season, as it always is.

Michigan would do well to have a halftime lead here methinks more than usual.

Weather. Will. Be. A. Factor. Again.

I am not worried about Michigan being overconfident or taking this game for granted like they did last year. In a game with a slow pace, a 10 point lead either way would be huge.

No recommendations on a play still. Weather takes away any idea of the over for me.

Just hoping for a straight up win.

This game is big in so many regards. For the Big Ten East, this is basically an elimination game. I know that sounds weird but Michigan would need MSU to lose to OSU and Purdue perhaps of they lose tomorrow. If Michigan wins, they can afford a slip up.

My personal mantra has been one game at a time...so here we are. Go out and win. I want to see the same thing we saw in East Lansing 2 years ago, domination. A win will be suffice though.

Good luck on your bets.

Enjoy your Saturday and check weather all over the Midwest before placing anything additional!!

EAST LANSING, Mich. — Travel rosters during Big Ten Conference play are extremely limited, even if you’re traveling just 60 miles, as Michigan has on Saturday to take on in-state rival Michigan State. That’s why the following is particularly notable.

Michigan second-year wide receiver Tarik Black hasn’t been available since Week Three of 2017, but it looks like that may change on Saturday, with Black having made Michigan’s travel roster.

Black, of course, broke a bone in his for for the second consecutive year, having now had corrective surgery on both feet. His latest unjustly came just one week before Michigan’s season opener at Notre Dame, as fall camp culminated.

But that’s where the good news ends.

Third-year defensive end Rashan Gary, who’s been held out since he sustained an injury at Northwestern did not make the short trip.

While traveling doesn’t necessitate playing time, it’s more likely than not that Black will see some time on the field, given the travel roster’s limited capacity.

Also of note: DT Michael Dwumfour made the trip but entered the stadium in a walking boot.

https://wolverineswire.com/2018/10/20/michigan-football-tarik-black-rashan-gary-michigan-state/

So, at least all the Gary speculation is over.

He was in as of Thursday night.

He was out as of yesterday afternoon.

Pretty much the same scenario as last week.

Black obviously will be out there in some capacity.

The Dwumfour thing confuses me. Supposedly he is good to go. We shall see...

One more thing...

Then I am done.

Methinks that whoever leads at halftime has an EXTREMELY good chance of winning this game.

Today is not the day for a slow road start, Michigan.

Line moves(one more thing part 2)

Under hit in East Lansing 40.5 to 39

Under hit in Bloomington 59 to 57

Ohio State hit 12 to 13.5

Nebraska hit 4 to 5

I was told both Bush and Marhsall were "close lined" and Hill had his head phones ripped off. Bush, of course, was upset and did his thing by dragging his feet across MSU's logo afterwards.

Either way, no justification for the classless act after. That‘s even worse than the flag planting shit

You are aware of UM history of damaging Spartan logo right?
Good, I hope they piss on it afterwards.

Alright all....Weather is moving into Grand Rapids now...even some lightning so should be there in first half....

I'm out, enjoy your Saturdays.

Good, I hope they piss on it afterwards.

Alright all....Weather is moving into Grand Rapids now...even some lightning so should be there in first half....

I'm out, enjoy your Saturdays.

I like how Spartans got to piss on UM 8 of last 10 times without resorting to vandalism :)

Back