BIG wk #8

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Conference is still hot garbage. I still enjoy the misery though.

Northwestern -21
Rutgers +21

That game will not be part of my Saturday viewing

Maryland +13
Iowa -13

This won't either

Michigan -6.5
Michigan State +6.5

Yeah I'm watchin this

Ohio State -13
Purdue +13.5

I'll watch this too

Penn State -14
Indiana +14

Um , no.

Illinois +26
Wisconsin -26

Double no

Minnesota +4
Nebraska -4

My goodness

Numbers adjusted quite a bit the past 2 weeks for Ohio St and Purdue at least given OSU’s lines against IU and Minny. I was hoping for 17.5 and evidently was never going to get close to that

Wonder if PSU will be deflated after losing its playoff hopes and lay an egg the way it did last year at Sparty. I lean Indiana there

I notice that bad teams tend to beat up on the weak. Three of Wiscy's wins have basically been blowouts, the other one being a slugfest at Kinnick. I lean Wiscy 1H

Gonna flip a coin and get back to you on Braska/Minny.

Rutgers is auto fade. Home field seems more like a disadvantage to them lol

I might think that Indiana has a chance at the upset. The score doesn't show it, but IU wasn't exactly blown out the way 45-14 implies last year. And I think 2 years ago was where IU fumbled late and PSU got like a 20y TD "drive" in the final minute for another misleading win. Seems to me like Indiana has been playing Penn State tougher than finals indicate. Tom Allen was part of both those games. McSorely is always a touch matchup, but otherwise Indiana just got done playing Ohio State tough and Iowa not so tough ,but point being facing Penn St shouldn't be a step up for them.

I've been waiting for this Ohio State - Purdue game since August. Already have my shirt picked out for Saturday....Come to Our House Get Hammered, with a Boilermaker slamming a hammer down. Actually no, I might have to wear this shirt out Friday in front of all my Ohio State friends and family instead! Worse Purdue teams have played Ohio State tough in West Lafeyette. 2011 was OSU's bad year and Purdue won in OT. 2009 fucking Danny Hope's Purdue team beat an Ohio St team that would finish 11-2. +13.5, hmmmm strangely familiar line! Ohio St has also crushed a bad Purdue team here, 2013 they rolled Hazzell's crew 56-0. Nobody will convince me that Jeff Brohm hasn't been dreaming of this game all year. Nice to see his Purdue team hitting a nice stride at the moment. Luster seems gone from Ohio State, wish they had played better last week 1) for better line value 2) there is so much garbage on tape that the coaches are going to be riding their ass all week. So chances are good we get a much better effort that OSU fielded last week, unfortunately.

Last year's IU/PSU game went wrong from the start for IU. Two fumbles that led to touchdowns for PSU, 21-0 after less than ten minutes. Ramsey showed himself as IU's quarterback in that game and Injury-ridden Indiana actually challenged PSU's offense

MSU TT Under my favorite play of the season so far. Best defense in the country with gigantic revenge facing a bad offense. Michigan State will have this defense’s full attention since they have a bye on tap the week after, and then beating Penn a state last week helps since the game remains very relevant for the B1G standings.

I expect a shutout unless they get a bunch of short fields. Don’t see a roadmap to >14 that’s for sure.

I was gonna be on Purdue, but thought it would come 17ish. Not sure I want to take em catching less than 2 scores. Over may be worth a look as I think Rondell is gonna be a problem for the Buckeyes...I'm terrible at predicting totals but comes 68ish??

MSU TT Under my favorite play of the season so far. Best defense in the country with gigantic revenge facing a bad offense. Michigan State will have this defense’s full attention since they have a bye on tap the week after, and then beating Penn a state last week helps since the game remains very relevant for the B1G standings.

I expect a shutout unless they get a bunch of short fields. Don’t see a roadmap to >14 that’s for sure.

45 is the number (not sure the true opener, just looked)

So, you would be looking at a 19 as of now.

Two things to contradict things here...

-Dantonio trick plays.

-If Michigan is winning comfortably, Dantonio will turn it into a 'defeat with dignity' type game.

Brohm won't be there in two years.

Michigan State +7.5..1u

First real defense Michigan has faced since week 1. Also first true road game for Michigan since week 1. Northwestern doesn't count. 60% of that stadium was Michigan fans. Wasn't going to play this initially but just too many points not to like in a game that will come down to the end. Dantonio doesn't get blown out by Michigan. Just don't happen.

That's my favorite tweet of the week. It's only going to get better as Brohm gets more of his guys in here the next couple years.

It would be good for the conference if he stays.

I haven't talked great about him but have been impressed with them lately, no doubt about it.

Selfishly, if he leaves, Michigan more than likely gets Karlaftis...

In other context...I saw you had a 50:1 ticket on Purdue to win the conference.

Now, the schedule is mean to close out, but this team is playing very well. I haven't looked at every schedule but I know Wisky may drop one more. Iowa obviously looks the strongest but you will get your chance there. Could this potentially come down to a tiebreaker versus Northwestern?

Karlaftis will be signing in December and an early enrollee for the second semester so it would have to happen rapidly at the end of the season. Of course you never know and I'm not on the inside but I'm not seeing him going anywhere (especially this year) if schools like ND and OSU happy with coaches.

Louisville is the obvious place of concern but they are in so deep with debt in the athletic department and an absurd contract with Petrino it's pretty clear they won't make a move.

Karlaftis will be signing in December and an early enrollee for the second semester so it would have to happen rapidly at the end of the season. Of course you never know and I'm not on the inside but I'm not seeing him going anywhere (especially this year) if schools like ND and OSU happy with coaches.

Louisville is the obvious place of concern but they are in so deep with debt in the athletic department and an absurd contract with Petrino it's pretty clear they won't make a move.

Oh, trust me, the family element brings him to Purdue period. That is, unless Brohm leaves. Michigan is the clear choice afterwards.

really too bad they lost that game. Purdue can still lose this week and then win out and I think they would have the division.

I think the NW game is what ends up costing Purdue the west honestly. Very real chance they end up tied but potentially with Iowa as well so I'd have to look into 3 way (and even 4 way) tie breakers.

NW still has Illinois and Rutgers left so you can almost guarantee them getting to 5 wins.

Purdue's road the rest of the way is tough but they get the 2 contending west foes at home (Wisky/Iowa). Minny & IU on the road. Clearly to be in the hunt they have to win those last 4 to get to 6 wins. That would also get them the tie breakers head to head over Wisky and Iowa.

Then they either hope NW drops their other 3 games (Wisky, @ Iowa, @ Minny) or Purde would have to steal one against OSU or Sparty (on the road). They'd also need Iowa and Wisky to both drop one more (each probably at Penn St).

Yep I've got a good sized 50-1 homer bet with my local and realized i had a tiny $40 80-1 with Bookmaker as well.

I don't think there is a team left they will be completely over matched by outside of OSU but obviously it's still a long shot to get it done and they likely need some help.

Still is a dump bro. Sorry. Jmo.

Opinions are fine and I disagree. My comment was mainly at the facilities as they clearly aren't in "dump" range anymore and the turn in recruiting has shown up as the result of the university finally opening up spending on football.

Oh, trust me, the family element brings him to Purdue period. That is, unless Brohm leaves. Michigan is the clear choice afterwards.

Absolutely for sure. I was just noting timing that he'll be signing then and enrolling early. If Brohm leaves immediately after the Indiana game then he's off to Michigan.

I really wish OSU had dominated Minnesota last week. I mean, I get it, they simply cannot right now with that defense... but we lost a bit of line value and some situational edge this week.

+14 is still a solid bet though.

If you like the over, I bet it climbs to 67 or so.

I really wish OSU had dominated Minnesota last week. I mean, I get it, they simply cannot right now with that defense... but we lost a bit of line value and some situational edge this week.

+14 is still a solid bet though.

If you like the over, I bet it climbs to 67 or so.

Completely agree. Power #'s to me had this moving towards a 17/17.5 range before the past couple weeks. I hit the over for a couple units at 65.

Basically the books are saying a 40 and 26 type team totals. Hard for me to not to see either team do their part and get to 30. I'll go Ohio St 42-Purdue 31 without a couple breaks. With a timely pick 6 or the like Purdue could steal it.

Also....it matters known but this is fun...

@OhioStateFB @OhioStateFB coach Urban Meyer on #Purdue coach @JeffBrohm: "I didn't study him, but I've been listening...but I know of the coach - an excellent coach & very aggressive."

On Purdue: "I haven't studied them yet. But I just talked to the defensive staff & I've seen the stats and they look really good."

Opinions are fine and I disagree. My comment was mainly at the facilities as they clearly aren't in "dump" range anymore and the turn in recruiting has shown up as the result of the university finally opening up spending on football.

That's true. It's good you all finally have a solid coach. I hope he stays. You just never know how people are though or what offers open. Michigan deals with it every year with Harbaugh to pros. I've just learned to accept its a business and people leave.

That's true. It's good you all finally have a solid coach. I hope he stays. You just never know how people are though or what offers open. Michigan deals with it every year with Harbaugh to pros. I've just learned to accept its a business and people leave.

Completely agree. I know $ always talks and I know he'd listen and the landscape can change but I just think there's a shot the landscape stays the way it is and by the time big boys come knocking he might have Purdue sitting with a chance to contend in the west every year and the university has room yet on that salary to compete with all but a few with continued revenue coming in. Wishful thinking i know...but I guess if he goes it means the programs in a great spot anyway

Also....it matters known but this is fun...

@OhioStateFB @OhioStateFB coach Urban Meyer on #Purdue coach @JeffBrohm: "I didn't study him, but I've been listening...but I know of the coach - an excellent coach & very aggressive."

On Purdue: "I haven't studied them yet. But I just talked to the defensive staff & I've seen the stats and they look really good."
He did study them, he just forgot.

It was disturbing enough when this became a trend in Bowl Season. Fucking Bosa

He isn't doing anything wrong.

It was an injury that was going to keep him out till November at least.

You might as well look to your future at this point.

Yes, it sucks, and I don't like guys sitting out bowl games but I get it.

You really can't shit on the kid because unlike the bowl game shenanigans this is an injury. And none of us are privy to his rehab situation, but I think it's fairly obvious that he could've been back on the field at some point this year.

I feel like all of CFB, regardless of who you root for, gets cheated a bit here because he's a lot of fun to watch and he was on pace for a very special season.

But I've been saying for a few years now that if we start sitting out bowl games...why not sit out a portion if not all of year final pre-draft year?

Well yeah he coulda been back even before bowl season and now he's already saying he'll forego bowl season plus whatever regular season he coulda played...not sure how this is any better than guys saying right before bowl season that they'll sit out their team's bowl game..

Well yeah he coulda been back even before bowl season and now he's already saying he'll forego bowl season plus whatever regular season he coulda played...not sure how this is any better than guys saying right before bowl season that they'll sit out their team's bowl game..

It might be worse. It probably is worse. It might not be worse.

It's just hard to pile on without a complete understanding of the facts. Which we will never ever know.

He's going to be a top 5 pick. Better to rehab all day than a few hours a day. Makes perfect sense to me.

He's going to be a top 5 pick. Better to rehab all day than a few hours a day. Makes perfect sense to me.

I highly doubt OSU is making him miss rehab time so he can attend engineering class haha.

What the hell do these 3 year and out kids take for classes anyway when they have absolutely no intention on getting a degree?

Ohio State DB Damon Moore once said:

"Not everyone comes to college to be in college. I'm that way,
and Kat (Katzenmoyer) pretty open about it, too. He was bothered by some
people who asked about the grade change. Everybody gets grade
changes. I've had some grades changed. Other people have, too.
Now we're both headed to the NFL, which is what we came here to
do."

If college is there to get people ready for the next stage of their life, for some people sports is all they need to get ready for the next stage in life.

Back