Big Ten Off Season Thread

Is the Big 10 using some new scientific study that says football practices and games will be safe just after the election? This is dumber and even more blatant than the original cancelation vote.

Shaun Wade declares.

I'm confused, highly.

His dad is the ringleader for the movement going on.

Fair enough for the kid, just wasn't expecting that. Maybe you all were? It doesn't seem like it on SM.

Shaun Wade declares.

I'm confused, highly.

His dad is the ringleader for the movement going on.

Fair enough for the kid, just wasn't expecting that. Maybe you all were? It doesn't seem like it on SM.
Just heard this. Bizarre

In Wade's defense, how long they going to string this thing out? You want to impact the situation some how. If you can't get them to reverse their decision (all this talk of a revote, that doesn't mean anything will change), I don't blame him, I'd just be like "you know what, if this is what you are going to do to me, this is what I'm going to do to you".

October 17th start date.

B1G Championship December 19th.

College Football Playoff selection announcement December 20th.

Is it happening?

From the information Dan Patrick has, he is saying Michigan, Michigan St, Maryland, and possibly Wisconsin will NOT play this season (with the others that are likely to start on October 17th).

if the availability of testing protocols are administered by the conference and not delegated out to the individual schools, what is the reasoning behind those schools not playing?

Do the schools that opt -out still get the TV money?

From the information Dan Patrick has, he is saying Michigan, Michigan St, Maryland, and possibly Wisconsin will NOT play this season (with the others that are likely to start on October 17th).

been hearing Rutgers has been out from the get go. Wonder if they changed their mind?

DP has been wrong every step.

He's way off on this one. No clue who's feeding him this but it's pretty false.

Michigan is a YES to the vote and playing.

I don't know if that was always the case, but they have been since late last week.

Not sure if this was already discussed above, but in addition to the Big Ten starting in the second half of October, it looks like the PAC 12 will be November.

It seems counterintuitive to me that California, Oregon and Washington school Presidents are going to change their position. Plus what else is going on in their general footprints (fires, evacuations). I know how liberal Boulder is, but I think there is a chance they could go in for football. Just have a hard time seeing the 8 in those left coast states doing it.

It seems counterintuitive to me that California, Oregon and Washington school Presidents are going to change their position. Plus what else is going on in their general footprints (fires, evacuations). I know how liberal Boulder is, but I think there is a chance they could go in for football. Just have a hard time seeing the 8 in those left coast states doing it.

there will be a lot of position changes after 11/3

An American miracle. College football wakes up the sheep from the psyop. Who would have thought? Take off your masks. Stop being scared. Dont let them play YOU. Be a man. Let's fucking go.

I am happy that Big 10 country has conquered Covid over the last month and it is now safe to allow health college kids to play football. To quote another thread "SCIENCE always wins".

Gavin newsome said yall can think about starting to think about playing after you get the vaccine from his corporate sponsors, until then, freeze dont move

Frost heading to the sidelines this year

tenor.gif

21 days? That is crazy and will not work especially with the 5% threshold, unless most of the players have already had the virus. Maybe the Big 10 is still not playing this year.

21 days? That is crazy and will not work especially with the 5% threshold, unless most of the players have already had the virus. Maybe the Big 10 is still not playing this year.
Yeah, CDC recommendation is 10 days, right?

Doubtful they finish it but might as well try at least.

Back