Big 12 Championship Discussion

Yeah I don‘t think I could bare to watch an OU playoff game. So many better games on in other sports

Don’t really understand why they this big of favs again? Fuckers so overrated.

I think having Lamb in this game is part of it. He's so big for their offense. And part of it just the experience angle for OU in that game / environment.

I like Baylor in this spot. Riley has nothing on Rhule when it comes to coaching acumen and I have a hunch that Brewer is going to throw the ball really well and have a big game. And I can't get past Hurts' propensity for turning the ball over.

I think having Lamb in this game is part of it. He's so big for their offense. And part of it just the experience angle for OU in that game / environment.

I like Baylor in this spot. Riley has nothing on Rhule when it comes to coaching acumen and I have a hunch that Brewer is going to throw the ball really well and have a big game. And I can't get past Hurts' propensity for turning the ball over.

I'm just having trouble seeing past the huge public dog that Baylor is so far. Kind of reminds me of the Texas/OU Champ game last year - though Texas should've covered.

For awhile I was having a hard time figuring out wtf we were gonna get out the bears offense but they been pretty solid again lately. I really didn’t understand the bears game plan against ou the 1st meeting. Jump out to that huge lead and Brewer was only one who ran the damn ball? 6 rushing attempts from anyone not named brewer, that was head scratching to me considering they had a huge lead and think you can run on sooners!!! Maybe the d wouldn’t have worn down in the 4th had the ran the damn ball some?!!! I think the d capable of making it tougher on hurts this time.

I'm just having trouble seeing past the huge public dog that Baylor is so far. Kind of reminds me of the Texas/OU Champ game last year - though Texas should've covered.

Wasn’t that basically the case the 1st meeting as well? Along w numerous other inflated sooners lines where most took the points and they barely won?

Wasn’t that basically the case the 1st meeting as well? Along w numerous other inflated sooners lines where most took the points and they barely won?

Haven't honestly paid attention to it much. I was on Oklahoma this past weekend when Okie State was a pretty public dog.

as a sooner backer i'm there is a lot of egg in people's face's in this thread this saturday!!!

so yes, sooner football is very up and down this year, they had trouble getting out of the gate v baylor in a very tough environment in that waco night game, but they won.

in other games like v iowa state and tcu, they had huge leads but could not finish.

kansas state is our lone loss and they finished 8-4 and are a tougher out (especially in manhattan) than most might think. their running QB is very quick and explosive and they are tough to game plan for. great job by their first year coach.

i think they line is too inflated but i also thought it was vs ok state and we just dominated them in their house.

the bettors know something here. maybe they think we were the better team in waco a month ago and will do the same thing we did in the second half that game.

ceedee by far our best WR but he did not play vs baylor. 14 TDst this year. the next closest guy TD wise is rambo with only 5.

we did not have by far our most productive guy vs baylor on the road in a night game but still came back and won.

and utah apologists keep talking about how moss did not play vs USC. well at least utah got to play against 3rd string QB matt fink of USC. they had their chance to win.

we took baylor's best shot. that is a very good team down there in Waco. super well coached. we have our hands full playing them yet again but at least we have CeeDee for this one.

it should make a big difference.

Ok but so was isu, tcu, and Baylor. All not covers they could have lost all 3.,

Great buddy. Wasn't talking about any of those games. Merely said it reminded me a lot of the Texas/Oklahoma Big12 Championship game from last year.

I think I would need 10 to take Baylor. Bears gave them everything they had at home + no Lamb and still couldn’t finish them off.

Ok but so was isu, tcu, and Baylor. All not covers they could have lost all 3.,

but they didn't. they were way up on iowa st and tcu then took their foot off the gas on D. v baylor they got out of the gates very slow. really missed ceedee lamb.

no excuses, though. they team has lacked the killer instinct and cannot put away teams.

this sat ceedee will be back and will get his crack at that baylor D. i think jalen hurts will find him open a lot, and if not, that means other guys will be open because baylor is paying a lot of attn to ceedee.

Lamb was clearly not himself against Oklahoma State and I haven't heard anyone explain why or state that he will be better this week. He makes a huge difference. This is not the Sooner offense of the past few years. They are a power running team now and everything works better if Lamb is running wild in the secondary.

I don't trust the Sooner D even though they have played better this year. I still haven't figured out if Baylor got so far ahead they lost their edge or if Oklahoma is so much better than ran all over them once they started playing. I'm guessing it's the first one.

OU has more talent, more explosive players, but Baylor can hang with them if Lamb is the same player he was against Okla State. I'll enjoy watching, but I'm not betting this one.

I'm an OU grad, but I hope they play in a nice bowl game against a good team--the best Group of Five team suits me--rather than having to go against Clemson or Ohio State or LSU. Let Utah do it

OU has failed to cover in 5 straight before the Okie State cover and 6 out of their last 8 games. It is a mute point if Utah wins on Friday Night. The Committee is Pac 12 heavy.

Curious we choosing to say sooners let off the gas in all those close games but praising them for coming back when Baylor let of the gas. Works both ways imo. Inexplicably bears only had 6 rushing attempts by anyone other than Brewer the 1st time. Wouldn’t expect that again.

The Bears D is legit. Getting pressure on Hurts is the key as he makes terrible decision when Ceedee isn’t wide open or doesn’t have a clean pocket. Lynch will get pressure.

But I agree the number to feel good about is probably closer to 10 than 7. I expect that number to go back up before kick off.

Back