BCS Committee Got Handed the PERFECT Scenrio

No way Ohio State should get in. They clearly have the worst resume of the 6 teams being considered.

How is that? Ohio St has two wins over top 25 teams, TCU has 2 ( and thats if Oklahoma stays in the top 25)

Their SOS is also better than TCU and Baylors. Stop repeating what someone else tells you unless you have proof

How is that? Ohio St has two wins over top 25 teams, TCU has 2 ( and thats if Oklahoma stays in the top 25)

Their SOS is also better than TCU and Baylors. Stop repeating what someone else tells you unless you have proof

Ohio State has a far weaker schedule, and they lost to Virginia Tech at home. Stop repeating what someone else tells you unless you have proof.

[TABLE="width: 562"]
<tbody>[TR="class: last"]
[TD]Kirk Herbstreit
[/TD]
[TD]
i

[/TD]
[TD]
i

[/TD]
[TD]
i

[/TD]
[TD]
i

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Was Herbie on the committee?

Weaker schedule? Look at the SOS rankings you tard

Baylor and TCU played at least 4 teams better than anyone Ohio State played . . . TCU/Baylor, West Virginia, Oklahoma & Kansas State. You could also make an argument to add Okie State and Texas to that list. Baylor/TCU's schedule and conference strength are vastly superior to Ohio State's. They are no even in the same universe. Moreover, both Baylor and TCU would be favored by a touchdown over Ohio State, and both would easily cover. We haven't seen a complete bowl schedule at this point, but will the Big 10 win any bowl games this season? They might win one.

Turn off the idiot box and think for yourself, assuming that's still possible.

Baylor and TCU played at least 4 teams better than anyone Ohio State played . . . TCU/Baylor, West Virginia, Oklahoma & Kansas State. You could also make an argument to add Okie State and Texas to that list. Baylor/TCU's schedule and conference strength are vastly superior to Ohio State's. They are no even in the same universe. Moreover, both Baylor and TCU would be favored by a touchdown over Ohio State, and both would easily cover. We haven't seen a complete bowl schedule at this point, but will the Big 10 win any bowl games this season? They might win one.

TCU -7 over Ohio St :rofl: Make it stop. Wow, what a tool

Guys.....

IMO there's no sense in talking about teams "jumping" each other from week to week, like this is some sort of traditional poll or something. Everybody knows that the committee should never had released anything until the last week because hypothetical "rankings" week to week were meaningless. Schedules are not complete, and full resumes(which include conference championships) are not final until after the season is complete. All the weekly "rankings" did was serve as a hype machine and a source of confusion. The rankings meant absolutely nothing until today, so it's silly to gnash our teeth about a team "dropping" after a 55-3 win or whatever.

I think it's pretty obvious that the weekly rankings were part of the billion dollar playoff TV deal and that ESPN mandated that they trot out the committee each week for additional ratings, hype, etc for throughout the year to get their money's worth.

Baylor is a 1.5 favorite over Michigan State.

And you write like you barely graduated the third grade........boy

Lol who gives a fuck how I shorthand write on here?
How that eagles win total treating u?
Ur calculations were 6 wins?

lmao

funny shit

did anyone address how tcu dropped from 3 to 6th?

Baylor catapulted them with their win vs KSU (since they beat them H2H), then somehow tOSU jumped Baylor and TCU.

The real answer is that the rankings before today meant absolutely nothing, shouldn't have been done/released, and were only done because of the almighty dollar.

Baylor catapulted them with their win vs KSU (since they beat them H2H), then somehow tOSU jumped Baylor and TCU.

The real answer is that the rankings before today meant absolutely nothing, shouldn't have been done/released, and were only done because of the almighty dollar.

an absolute joke

why are we calling it the BCS committee?

And do we focus on the ONE LOSS or do we focus on the quality of the wins? does anyone here realize that VaTech was a much better team in week 2 and Ohio St was still breaking in a new QB who was a backup until Braxton Miller got hurt??

is anyone here talking about the fact that up until Sat, Ohio St and Baylor still had two of their toughest matchups of the year left to play while TCU was already done with their toughest games??

Lol who gives a fuck how I shorthand write on here?
How that eagles win total treating u?
Ur calculations were 6 wins?

I was being a dick last night, my apologizes.

But if you think you're going to make me feel dumb about a preseason prediction, please try again

You guys still whining about this? Didn't see it coming?

So happy this happened in the first year of this nonsense.

I give the selection committee credit for having humongous balls. Ohio State progressively leapfrogging teams for no reason to climb the charts, get to 5, and finally 4 was weekly theatre of the absurd.

I give the selection committee credit for having humongous balls. Ohio State progressively leapfrogging teams for no reason to climb the charts, get to 5, and finally 4 was weekly theatre of the absurd.

After Ohio State beat Michigan State (the only good team on their schedule) on November 8th, Ohio State was ranked #8 with zero good teams left on their schedule. They were ranked behind both Baylor (#7) and TCU (#4).

And then we had Mississippi State - who was idle - jump 3 spots from #10 to #7 passing Kansas State & Arizona (who both lost), and an idle Michigan State team. So exactly how did an idle Mississippi State team manage to leapfrog an idle Michigan State team particularly when the two teams Michigan State lost to both won their respective conference championship games in impressive fashion???

What is more appealing? Bama vs OSU, or Bama vs TCU/Baylor. As a fan there's no doubt they got it right. Baylor can take the next step by beating Michigan State. TCU gets to show their stuff vs an SEC team in Ole Miss.
I think we have great Bowl match ups throughout.

What is more appealing? Bama vs OSU, or Bama vs TCU/Baylor. As a fan there's no doubt they got it right. Baylor can take the next step by beating Michigan State. TCU gets to show their stuff vs an SEC team in Ole Miss.

Oh, great it's more appealing. Here I was thinking they actually wanted to crown a fucking champion and not pander to the masses and give them "appealing" games. Who the hell cares what the fans want, or which matchup is more appealing?

Bama versus TCU or Baylor is much more appealing to me....but that's just me

TCU or Baylor may be the best team in the nation .. I am sure those kids are interested in "taking the next step" and "showing their stuff vs an SEC team" compared to a chance at a championship. Trying to figure out how TCU doesn't come out completely flat against Ole Miss. When they finished their game they had to be 100% sure they were in the playoff (like any sane human who looked at them at #3 in the previous weeks ranking) and now they get to play an also-ran team like Ole Miss. Just no way they can be up for that game.

TCU and Baylor are both more appealing than OSU? I don't think either team will beat their bowl opponent they have now. Baylor has not seen the talent on a defense like Michigan State, and TCU will face a defense they haven't seen on their schedule.

TCU and Baylor are both more appealing than OSU? I don't think either team will beat their bowl opponent they have now. Baylor has not seen the talent on a defense like Michigan State, and TCU will face a defense they haven't seen on their schedule.

You also said FSU would be double digit favs over anyone in the conversation but Alabama, and you couldn't have been more wrong.

And Mich St's defense this year has been subpar. It's probably the reason they weren't in the mix at the end. Maybe you haven't watched them much, but this isn't anywhere near the same Mich St defense we've seen in recent past. Not to mention there aren't many defenses in the country that can stop Baylor, if there are any. You can really only hope to slow them down and outscore them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilarious Lav, couldn't be more wrong? I said Bama and FSU would be and should be. Is Bama? Did you mention I got Bama right? Not sure what your point is but my point remains this. Oregon, OSU, Baylor and TCU are overrated just as the 2012 Notre Dame team. Although Michigan St. is down from last year, Baylor hasn't seen a better D. Mich St corners will not allow Baylor WR's to run free like they do in the Big 12. I'll stop here because I losing my responses in my ipad

Last edited:
Hilarious Lav, couldn't be more wrong? I said Bama and FSU would be and should be. Is Bama? Did you mention I got Bama right? Not sure what your point is but my point remains this. Oregon, OSU, Baylor and TCU are overrated just as the 2012 Notre Dame team. Although Michigan St. is down from last year, Baylor hasn't seen a better D. Mich St corners will not allow Baylor WR's to run free like they do in the Big 12. I'll stop here because I losing my responses in my ipad

Yep, you were right about Bama being a double digit spread. You did though, still have FSU as #2 in your rankings, and said they would be double digit favs over anyone in contention. Maybe "couldn't have been more wrong" didn't apply to your entire thought, but it certainly does about FSU (which is what I said you couldn't have been more wrong about)....not only are they not double digit favs, they aren't even the favorite...AND, they are almost double digit dogs themselves.

It's also clear you're just an FSU homer, so of course you think everyone else is overrated.

Never assume laver, you know the rest of the saying. You couldn't be more wrong. I don't have an ounce of interest in FSU. I live in nor cal. That comment alone shows you're an idiot. Carry on

Never assume laver, you know the rest of the saying. You couldn't be more wrong. I don't have an ounce of interest in FSU. I live in nor cal. That comment alone shows you're an idiot. Carry on

Okay, so I was wrong about your love of FSU, but how does that make me an idiot?

Based on what you said in the thread you started, the fact that you were insistent FSU was so much better than everyone not named Alabama and would be a huge favorite to any other team, and your complete unwillingness to see what FSU has been on D all season (as well as completely ignoring every question you were asked about what you saw in their D in a thread YOU started) pointed towards you being an FSU homer. The fact that you're not, yet feel so strongly about how great FSU is, makes one think you haven't watched any of their games this year (or that you're a homer, which was clearly the initial thought).

How someone could have watched FSU all season, on defense especially, and somehow feel that they are the best (or 2nd best) team in the country, and so head and shoulders above everyone else (which again, in the oddsmakers eyes, couldn't be more wrong)...absolutely boggles the mind now knowing that you're aren't an FSU homer.

:shake:

Lareux, he never had any convictions on any of that stuff, he was just trying to keep the forum lively and have fun. You'll have a tough time pinning him down on a believe he never really had.

Back