BCS Committee Got Handed the PERFECT Scenrio

I think the 4 should be Bama, LSU, Auburn, Miss St, with Ole Miss and UGA on outside looking in. Because we all know if any of those teams played in any other conference they would go undefeated.

Who will bring in more $$, Ohio St, Baylor or TCU....your answer to that question is probably the 4th team

And I am a B1G guy I guess being in Michigan and all, but lets be honest, it is the worst conference of those being considered and bottom line, Ohio State lost at home to a shitty Va Tech by 2 tds so it has by far the worst loss and the refs gave them the Penn St game that took double ot to win.

If one great game tonight gets them in, why shouldnt one horrible game against a horrible team keep them out?

TCU lost by 3 at Baylor and Baylor lost in hell at West by god.
But OSU will get in because they bring the most $$ by far of the 3 ratings wise and everything else. Sad[/QUOT

I guess this wouldn't surprise me, but man this committee would look like idiots for doing the scenario above

. These are some powerful people with big egos, I can't see them wanting to look like idiots

its stays the same is my guess

Sports center had some graphic that had tcu with 54th hardest schedule and Baylor with 59. Not that different.

Jesus Christ people!!! They played identical schedules except TCU played Minnesota and Baylor played Buffalo. There is not enough of a difference in schedule for them to overcome a head-to-head loss (if that were even possible regardless of schedule).

I don't care if tcu is out and Baylor is in .. or if Baylor is out and tcu is in ... but my god ... if tosu is in over those two teams its a joke. a really bad joke.

btw ... nice game badgers.

Could not agree more. Nobody can make a logical argument for Ohio State getting in over either Baylor or TCU. There really is no logical argument for TCU getting in over Baylor either, but I digress.

[TABLE="width: 562"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: last"]
[TD]Kirk Herbstreit[/TD]
[TD]
i
[/TD]
[TD]
i
[/TD]
[TD]
i
[/TD]
[TD]
i
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Don't have an opinion on the big 10 unless it's favorable, eh?

My opinion of the Big 10 this season is that it is probably the weakest Big 5 conference. But just because I think the overall strength of the conference is not very good does not necessarily mean that one of the teams in the conference is not the best in the country. The two are not mutually exclusive. That said, based on the result of this season, I would not give a Big 10 team a shot at the national championship because I would place Ohio State 6th among the 6 teams in the playoff discussion.

If, however, the committee does match-up Ohio State against Alabama, I don't think Ohio State would have much of a shot of keeping the game competitive with their 3rd string QB.

This couldn't have worked out worse for the playoff committee IMO.

They will get bashed regardless of who they chose. Baylor didn't help theirselves, if they won by 30pts then it would be a nightmare.

But all top 6 teams winning how they did was not what they wanted IMO

And I agree with jimmy. It's useless to post weekly results of their top teams. It's for ratings and that's all....but now it comes to bite them in the ass

And I agree with jimmy. It's useless to post weekly results of their top teams. It's for ratings and that's all....but now it comes to bite them in the ass

I think the only way out of this mess to keep the ratings exactly as they were last week. That's the only defensible position at this point. Anything else would open up a huge can of worms.

Agree. On a "different" note, I secretly hope Ohio St gets in and the committee has reasoning bc of outright conference title/conference champ game win. Maybe that'll motivate the big 12 to get a a title game back, bc it's needed IMO. And get Baylor and other teams to schedule better non conference

Sugar Bowl
Bama vs FSU

ROSE Bowl
Oregon vs Ohio State

Location seems to be important hence FSU moving to #4 last week to keep Bama and Florida State in their region. At the same time we have our conventional Rose Bowl matchup.
Sorry Baylor. The loss to W. Virginia was too costly and TCU can't get in if Baylor doesn't get in.

+1.

thanks for the heads up, I bet them to not get in

Going be fun to see how they justify dropping TCU from number 3 to out of it

incarcerated bob is reporting that condi rice account just made a bet on tosu to make it ...

Wisconsin was so fucking overrated with their stupid rushing stats over insanely bad teams in that shitty ass conference. They scored freaking 14 on Northwestern. Blah, blah, blah

LSU finished 4th in SEC west

[TABLE="class: tablehead"]
<tbody>[TR="class: stathead"]
[TD="colspan: 4"]2014 Wisconsin Badgers Schedule[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: colhead"]
[TD]DATE[/TD]
[TD]OPPONENT[/TD]
[TD]RESULT/TIME[/TD]
[TD]RECORD/TICKETS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-99"]
[TD]Sat, Aug 30[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]0-1 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-2710"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 6[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1-1 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-189"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 20[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]2-1 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-58"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 27[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]3-1 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-77"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 4[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]3-2 (0-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-356"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 11[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]4-2 (1-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-120"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 25[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]5-2 (2-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-164"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 1[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]6-2 (3-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2509"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 8[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]7-2 (4-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-158"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 15[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]8-2 (5-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2294"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 22[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]9-2 (6-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-135"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 29[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]10-2 (7-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-194"]
[TD]Sat, Dec 6[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]10-3 (7-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

haha love the snarkiness

Give me 8 teams enough with the "Elites" coming to an "honest decision".

So over groups of elite thinkers and crony corruption

haha love the snarkiness

Give me 8 teams enough with the "Elites" coming to an "honest decision".

So over groups of elite thinkers and crony corruption

Come on .. if our government has proven anything it is that elite thinkers with their crony corruption know what is best for you, better than you do......

cc, I want to be certain that the committee is considering not just the universities involved, but also the children, never forget the children.

Bama, Oregon, TCU, tOSU

Fuck Florida State, they played like shit all year.

Would be epic if the committee just said fuck FsU and left them out

TCU jumped Florida St last week so tOSU can just Florida St this week. Last night fresh on everyone's mind Ohio St looks so much better than FSU.

I'm of the opinion of Oregon, Bama, Baylor, tOSU. In alternative to opening up a hornets next FSU knocks out Baylor.

Back