BCS Committee Got Handed the PERFECT Scenrio

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
Sugar Bowl
Bama vs FSU

ROSE Bowl
Oregon vs Ohio State

Location seems to be important hence FSU moving to #4 last week to keep Bama and Florida State in their region. At the same time we have our conventional Rose Bowl matchup.
Sorry Baylor. The loss to W. Virginia was too costly and TCU can't get in if Baylor doesn't get in.

I know many will say, how does OSU jump Florida St? I don't know but it seems location is very important for the semis. We did somehow see TCU jump FSU so who knows.

The loss to WVU -- on the road -- was too costly? Compared to a home loss to VPI?

Tell me why TCU falls 2 spots

Tell me why a team that lost by 2 TDs at home to a 6-6 team deserves a start

tcu played a tougher schedule than tosu too. tougher schedule .. loss is to a team being discussed as a playoff team ....tosu loss is to a team that lost to wake forest. if tosu jumps tcu the committee should be shot in the back of the head.... don't worry ... It wont harm them because there are no brains in there anyway if they have tosu jump tcu

I'm just saying this committee has already shown it won't do what the Polls have shown us in the past. Win and stay put. Lose and you drop. This committee could do anything.

I'm just saying this committee has already showed isthar it won't do what the Polls have shown us in the past. Win and stay put. Lose and you drop. This committee could do anything.

ya won't surprise me or anything. tcu is not exactly a "have". Incidentally, there have been two tcu teams better than this one in the last decade. They were excluded from competing for a title. Guess the conference move was worth it for them.

TCU, Baylor and OSU all deserve the 4th spot and various arguments can be made for all.

The committee wants NOTHING to do with this mess in Texas. They would much rather deal with backlash from non-OSU fans than the backlash from the ENTIRE country for a system that puts in TCU over a Baylor team that beat the previously.

OSU gets in.

If TCU gets jumped by OSU no one will take CFB serious anymore, which they probably shouldn't anyway.

Agreed. There could be alterior motives to get teams in the right sites. They clearly want FSU and Bama in the Sugar Bowl. We've had TCU in the Rose so it's very possible TCU was put 3rd to lock them into the Rose Bowl with Oregon.

The more we talk about this, I think that's what the committee was setting this up for. They jumped TCU over FSU in case there were no upsets. This would keep the semi teams in their region.

Agreed. There could be alterior motives to get teams in the right sites. They clearly want FSU and Bama in the Sugar Bowl. We've had TCU in the Rose so it's very possible TCU was put 3rd to lock them into the Rose Bowl with Oregon.

The more we talk about this, I think that's what the committee was setting this up for. They jumped TCU over FSU in case there were no upsets. This would keep the semi teams in their region.

Maybe it was because TCU beat an average team by 38 on the road, and FSu beat and average team by 5 at home. We don;t really know the difference between 3 and 4 before and after these games

tcu played a tougher schedule than tosu too. tougher schedule .. loss is to a team being discussed as a playoff team ....tosu loss is to a team that lost to wake forest. if tosu jumps tcu the committee should be shot in the back of the head.... don't worry ... It wont harm them because there are no brains in there anyway if they have tosu jump tcu

did they play a tougher schedule? I don't have it in front of me but didn't TCU only beat 1 ranked team?

[TABLE="class: tablehead"]
<tbody>[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2426"]
[TD]Sat, Aug 30[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1-0 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-259"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 6[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1-1 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2309"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 13[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]2-1 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-2132"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 27[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]3-1 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-120"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 4[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]4-1 (1-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-164"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 18[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]5-1 (2-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-213"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 25[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]6-1 (3-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-356"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 1[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]7-1 (4-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-127"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 8[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]8-1 (5-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-135"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 15[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]9-1 (6-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-84"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 22[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]10-1 (7-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-130"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 29[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]11-1 (8-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-275"]
[TD]Sat, Dec 6[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]12-1 (8-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
* Game played at neutral location.

[TABLE="class: tablehead"]
<tbody>[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2535"]
[TD][/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1-0 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-135"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 13[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]2-0 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2567"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 27[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]3-0 (0-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-201"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 4[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]4-0 (1-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-239"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 11[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]4-1 (1-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-197"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 18[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]5-1 (2-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2641"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 25[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]6-1 (3-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-277"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 1[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]7-1 (4-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2306"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 8[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]8-1 (5-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-2305"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 15[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]9-1 (6-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-251"]
[TD]Thu, Nov 27[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]10-1 (7-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-66"]
[TD]Sat, Dec 6[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]11-1 (8-1)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Would say the tcu schedule is more than just a little bit harder... it was a lot harder. They did have some unimpressive wins but so did tosu.

TCU schedule mammoths their competition, they actually were able to go to Morgantown and win, that's now a big deal

tOSU has a better argument in my book than the heads up win, but that loss at home to VPI is so bad

Don't lose, that should be what we all focus on. Once you do, it' opinion.

Various arguments can be made for #4, but why is Oregon assumed to be a lock over TCU or Baylor?

I selfishly want TCU in because I think they would be getting pts in most games and might be the best team at this stage.

I find it funny that gamblers, who strive to figure out how much a home field advantage is worth, suddenly could give a fuck when this process plays out.

Various arguments can be made for #4, but why is Oregon assumed to be a lock over TCU or Baylor?

I selfishly want TCU in because I think they would be getting pts in most games and might be the best team at this stage.

concur, although I still think Bama is the best, but every team has a flaw and this should be interesting

I can't argue with that KJ. But I'd take the Frogs getting the 7 or more so they would get it in that matchup

Don't think I'd pass on any of the top four getting a TD

Probably any of the top 10, just nothing dominant out there this year, plenty of flaws, every team

My gut tells me Buckeyes get in. Its shitty but a cop out on the TCU Baylor situation. Plus Columbus has pull

I don't care if tcu is out and Baylor is in .. or if Baylor is out and tcu is in ... but my god ... if tosu is in over those two teams its a joke. a really bad joke.

btw ... nice game badgers.

If TCU was 3 and win 55-3 yet lose out, what a joke, please bring back the BCS

No need to watch the show tomorrow in my opinion. OSU gets in easy for a variety of reasons discussed in this thread.

I wouldn't argue against TCU, Baylor or OSU. That being said, the last sentence of the very first post at the top of this thread is the only one that's going to end up mattering.

Who will bring in more $$, Ohio St, Baylor or TCU....your answer to that question is probably the 4th team

And I am a B1G guy I guess being in Michigan and all, but lets be honest, it is the worst conference of those being considered and bottom line, Ohio State lost at home to a shitty Va Tech by 2 tds so it has by far the worst loss and the refs gave them the Penn St game that took double ot to win.

If one great game tonight gets them in, why shouldnt one horrible game against a horrible team keep them out?

TCU lost by 3 at Baylor and Baylor lost in hell at West by god.
But OSU will get in because they bring the most $$ by far of the 3 ratings wise and everything else. Sad

The biggest problem with this whole committee thing is them publishing weekly results. They should meet one time after the season is over and publish the final 4. As it is, they have really painted themselves in a corner while last week's results. They are essentially put themselves in a position where they have to keep the same 4 teams they had last week. Although I don't agree with their 4, how on earth do you drop any of the four you promulgated last week??? Three of them won by blowout, and the other is undefeated. They have put themselves in a real tight spot.

Its all for $$ Jimmy. Its a discussion, it creates a buzz and controversy that media and ncaa thrive on and need to make more $$$.

Completely agree.

boxscore says I am a liar ...

[TABLE="class: mod-data"]
<tbody>[TR="class: team-color-strip"]
[TH="align: left"][/TH]
[TH="align: left"]
TCU[/TH]
[TH="align: left"]
BAY[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]39[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]485[/TD]
[TD]782[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Passing[/TD]
[TD]346[/TD]
[TD]510[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Rushing[/TD]
[TD]139[/TD]
[TD]272[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Penalties[/TD]
[TD]8-110[/TD]
[TD]12-117[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]3rd Down Conversions[/TD]
[TD]7-20[/TD]
[TD]5-18[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]4th Down Conversions[/TD]
[TD]1-3[/TD]
[TD]4-6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Turnovers[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Possession[/TD]
[TD]31:06[/TD]
[TD]28:43[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Be careful Jimmy you might have a bulls eye on your head, but this system is no different, just diverts attention really

Garbage at it's finest

Back