Baylor/Big 12 question

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
I have a future on Baylor to win the big 12 conference. If both Baylor and TCU win Saturday, and the conference refuses to name a winner, will my bet be graded as a push? If TCU gets in playoff, will they be considered the conf champion by the books? Or will Baylor because of H2H? I would be upset if it's a push, but I will be furious if it's a loss.

That is a very good question.

Baylor won h2h, so they should be champions.

I guess it won't be that simple though.

At worst a push I would think. With my bookie it would be a win because they would be getting a a trophy (and the BIg 12 would select them as the conference representative in the bowl game they said) and to me that says champion. Big 12 said they would be co-champions in their eyes so I don't think they can grade it as a loss.

Being among the cynical folk, I would say it is one of the following: (i) a loss because if the B12 isn't going to "name" a champion, then there is no champion, (ii) a win because there is a bigger handle on TCU futures and they prefer to grade the TCU wagers as a loss, or (iii) a push if the Baylor handle is larger and they simply want to "push" all bets on both Baylor and TCU.

You will most likely win half of what the future paid, as I believe that's what they do in the event of a tie...but think there's an outside chance it would be graded as a full winner since they won H2H. No chance it's graded as a push or loss. I would just ask your book.

Back