BAW Nation NBA Playoffs...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
One thread should be more than enough for the playoffs.

I honestly don't know how much early action I will have. Usually, I can identify a few early series that I like but with the injuries right and so many unknown factors, I have been doing a lot of hemming and hawing. More on that later...

First, I'll give some general thoughts on several teams...

Denver:

Simply put, they are the best team in the league. Although I do not put as much faith into regular season match-ups as years ago, the proof was in the pudding in their Boston games. Hey, I had a pitchfork for Coach Malone many years ago. He was the one standing in front of true success for this team. He improved though, and they should repeat as champions with a healthy spring.

Boston:

This is a make-or-break season for the Celtics. They need to win it all or start to reconfigure this team a bit. Coaching is big in ultimate success, and they simply do not have a championship coach. Can the talent overtake that? They also have some postseason memories to erase.

I know they will be rooting for Chicago pretty hard tonight. I want Miami in there, for future bets but also because a Boston loss opens up more doors for me.

Philadelphia:

Joel is back, but is he ready to play 20+ games and lead this team to heights unseen in 20+ years? The subtractions of Glenn Rivers and Harden cannot be discounted. Those are two awful postseason performers. I love Maxey, he is a star. With that being said, the rest of the team is average at best. This playoff run is all about Embiid.

New York:

Love this team and Brunson is my favorite player at this point. The old-school style is great and the Garden should be rocking this spring. The offense is the concern though. They'll have to grind out some games and find unexpected offensive heroes. The return of OG in April is huge. He slowly built his minutes up. He was the catalyst of their mid-season defensive resurgence back in January. That is when I played their future. Dangerous team, yet a very tough 1st round match-up.

Milwaukee:

This team was expected in the EC Finals after the Lillard trade. As big of a Dame fan as I am, they lost so much defense with Jrue that they simply are not the same team. They can score though. The defense did improve when Doc came aboard, but that also means you receive Doc in the playoffs. That is a wash. The big question starting the playoffs is the health of Janice. We've seen incredible recoveries from him before.

LA Clippers:

The greatest threat to the Nuggets is a familiar issue; Kawhi's health. This is very unfortunate as we were able to see Leonard play the vast majority of the schedule this season. The one other issue with this Clippers squad -- Jimmy Harden. He isn't a great playoff performer, although he'll have his moments. They also ended up drawing the hottest team in the league. So many variables here.

LA Lakers:

Non-factor in my book. The Nuggets will dismiss them likely in 5 games. Maybe we see a 6th game but I highly doubt it. Don't let the media hype blind your eyes here.

Cleveland and Orlando:

These are both classic overachieving regular-season teams. This is not to discredit them at all, but we've seen these types over the years.. They win a few more than they should in the regular season due to coaching and less 'resting' than other squads. I have deep respect for both, and one will be in the 2nd round, but neither is a championship contender this season.

Oklahoma City:

Ah yes, the #1 seed and my 80-1 preseason bet. Very cool season for the Thunder. They also made out the best of the higher west seeds in a potential 1st round match. Either match-up will be a lot of fun, and likely a 6 game series. From there, they will have too face a tough road to 'hold serve' in the West. I think a 1st round series win and a competitive series vs Dallas or the Clippers is a helluva season.

Minnesota:

This is likely the most disrespected team entering the playoffs. I like that KAT has slowly come back and should be ready to roll minutes-wise soon, The Ant-Man is my 2nd favorite player in the league and a guy I expect big things from in the playoffs. I love the experience they received last year vs the Nuggets as well. Don't underestimate this team, although they dropped to the 3 seed.

Phoenix:

Yeah, not too high on this squad, as usual. Do you all remember when they were favored over the Nuggets last year to start the WC Semifinals? That was a series they started on the road. This is an NBA hype team. Yes, the guys can get hot and take over a few games. In a long series though, I don't see them having enough defense to win 4 games.

So, here are some general thoughts...

Those of you who like Milwaukee to make a run, take a peek at the Denver-Milwaukee finals exacta. I think you'll like the value there.

We always find a series that is a dead under series. Which one is that here? Despite the opening number, this could well be Philly vs New York.

The injury timelines are very fluid right now. That is a big crutch for me anything involving Milwaukee. He is a quick healer, but who knows? Indiana is also a bad defensive team, so that should be a wild series for sure.

So many coinflip series it seems.

Two series plays for now, more to come in general...

Denver SERIES -380 to win 2 units
Minnesota SERIES +112 risking 1 unit

The Minnesota series is like this -- better team and a better defense. I am playing small now because I think I'll be adding another unit during the series. I know I am heads-up versus other cappers here but I am a defense guy first and foremost. The experience last year was big as well.

This Denver series should be -475 at the lowest. We are receiving a discount here due to the name on the jersey. Simple as that.

MORE TO COME (GAME BETS, LIVE BETS AND PROPS)

Adding:

Series Bet

Denver -1.5 Games -180 3.50 units risked

Play-In

New Orleans Over 210.5 -105 2 units

First post plays at BOL, this post series bet via PPH and total @ BOL.

All widely available. In fact, Denver full series price dropped to 375 today.

As far as tonight's total...

Granted, 4 of those games were played before MLK day. With that being said, this adjustment is a bit much, even for an elimination game.

We are talking a 15-16 point movement since open. This number moved 7.5 points in the first 22 minutes it was posted.

Value on the over. The 1st half number is shaded, as it should be. I don't mind that as a play, either.

Good luck all!

No argument on the Lakers; I do not follow the NBA very closely (say like NCAAB), but the Lakers are a team that I know and they are totally overhyped probably because the league wants them to compete. It would be mildly shocking if their series v the Nuggets went 7 games.

Every year I look at the Celtics and wonder how someone is going to beat them in a best of 7,,,and then someone always does.

Good luck.

One thread should be more than enough for the playoffs.

I honestly don't know how much early action I will have. Usually, I can identify a few early series that I like but with the injuries right and so many unknown factors, I have been doing a lot of hemming and hawing. More on that later...

First, I'll give some general thoughts on several teams...

Denver:

Simply put, they are the best team in the league. Although I do not put as much faith into regular season match-ups as years ago, the proof was in the pudding in their Boston games. Hey, I had a pitchfork for Coach Malone many years ago. He was the one standing in front of true success for this team. He improved though, and they should repeat as champions with a healthy spring.

Boston:

This is a make-or-break season for the Celtics. They need to win it all or start to reconfigure this team a bit. Coaching is big in ultimate success, and they simply do not have a championship coach. Can the talent overtake that? They also have some postseason memories to erase.

I know they will be rooting for Chicago pretty hard tonight. I want Miami in there, for future bets but also because a Boston loss opens up more doors for me.

Philadelphia:

Joel is back, but is he ready to play 20+ games and lead this team to heights unseen in 20+ years? The subtractions of Glenn Rivers and Harden cannot be discounted. Those are two awful postseason performers. I love Maxey, he is a star. With that being said, the rest of the team is average at best. This playoff run is all about Embiid.

New York:

Love this team and Brunson is my favorite player at this point. The old-school style is great and the Garden should be rocking this spring. The offense is the concern though. They'll have to grind out some games and find unexpected offensive heroes. The return of OG in April is huge. He slowly built his minutes up. He was the catalyst of their mid-season defensive resurgence back in January. That is when I played their future. Dangerous team, yet a very tough 1st round match-up.

Milwaukee:

This team was expected in the EC Finals after the Lillard trade. As big of a Dame fan as I am, they lost so much defense with Jrue that they simply are not the same team. They can score though. The defense did improve when Doc came aboard, but that also means you receive Doc in the playoffs. That is a wash. The big question starting the playoffs is the health of Janice. We've seen incredible recoveries from him before.

LA Clippers:

The greatest threat to the Nuggets is a familiar issue; Kawhi's health. This is very unfortunate as we were able to see Leonard play the vast majority of the schedule this season. The one other issue with this Clippers squad -- Jimmy Harden. He isn't a great playoff performer, although he'll have his moments. They also ended up drawing the hottest team in the league. So many variables here.

LA Lakers:

Non-factor in my book. The Nuggets will dismiss them likely in 5 games. Maybe we see a 6th game but I highly doubt it. Don't let the media hype blind your eyes here.

Cleveland and Orlando:

These are both classic overachieving regular-season teams. This is not to discredit them at all, but we've seen these types over the years.. They win a few more than they should in the regular season due to coaching and less 'resting' than other squads. I have deep respect for both, and one will be in the 2nd round, but neither is a championship contender this season.

Oklahoma City:

Ah yes, the #1 seed and my 80-1 preseason bet. Very cool season for the Thunder. They also made out the best of the higher west seeds in a potential 1st round match. Either match-up will be a lot of fun, and likely a 6 game series. From there, they will have too face a tough road to 'hold serve' in the West. I think a 1st round series win and a competitive series vs Dallas or the Clippers is a helluva season.

Minnesota:

This is likely the most disrespected team entering the playoffs. I like that KAT has slowly come back and should be ready to roll minutes-wise soon, The Ant-Man is my 2nd favorite player in the league and a guy I expect big things from in the playoffs. I love the experience they received last year vs the Nuggets as well. Don't underestimate this team, although they dropped to the 3 seed.

Phoenix:

Yeah, not too high on this squad, as usual. Do you all remember when they were favored over the Nuggets last year to start the WC Semifinals? That was a series they started on the road. This is an NBA hype team. Yes, the guys can get hot and take over a few games. In a long series though, I don't see them having enough defense to win 4 games.

So, here are some general thoughts...

Those of you who like Milwaukee to make a run, take a peek at the Denver-Milwaukee finals exacta. I think you'll like the value there.

We always find a series that is a dead under series. Which one is that here? Despite the opening number, this could well be Philly vs New York.

The injury timelines are very fluid right now. That is a big crutch for me anything involving Milwaukee. He is a quick healer, but who knows? Indiana is also a bad defensive team, so that should be a wild series for sure.

So many coinflip series it seems.

Two series plays for now, more to come in general...

Denver SERIES -380 to win 2 units
Minnesota SERIES +112 risking 1 unit

The Minnesota series is like this -- better team and a better defense. I am playing small now because I think I'll be adding another unit during the series. I know I am heads-up versus other cappers here but I am a defense guy first and foremost. The experience last year was big as well.

This Denver series should be -475 at the lowest. We are receiving a discount here due to the name on the jersey. Simple as that.

MORE TO COME (GAME BETS, LIVE BETS AND PROPS)
NM i found the line

Last edited:
Glad to see you on pelicans over.

Just looked up sixers Knicks games this year....under city

I agree with wolves thoughts.....think they are second best team in west. Like the matchup for phx....but wouldn't be surprised if wolves pull it out. Way more grit then phx has shown on the whole season. The winner of Denver vs PHX/min I think wins the west

I was thinking Lakers can win some games this time....but I don't love it when you consider they havent touched them all regular season and can't win a close game......but I expect game 7 type focus from lakeshow from the tip in this one feeling disrespected ...found it interesting darvin ham said they were working on a nuggets gameplan before they beat the pelicans. Their gameplan actually was one of the better ones.....try to limit Murray and make joker go one on one vs Davis. They need dinwiddie to show up off the bench...he can play. Lakers roster has good amount of offensive firepower

Only disagreement I have is clippers. I think harden and Westbrook are disasters and mavs have improved their defense dramatically got some rim protection and are winning that series.

East I see no challengers to Celtics except Milwaukee and thats a maybe

I'm thinking first game for Lakers is going to show if they can compete ......it's the equivalent of being down 3-1 in a series game 1.....psychologically Lakers and I think for Timberwolves not beating PHX......game 1 is critical. If Lakers don't win game 1 I think it's a sweep

I like Denver also. I may play all these with the exception of Boston & Milwaukee. Better payout than just betting Denver at sub +300 odds.

20240419_144005.jpg

Not the pace we want so far, but stalking live.
Great 3rd but that was a dead under game.

I was tempted to buy off at the end of 3. It was a straight juice out at 210.5. The only reason I didn't was due to the margin.

Sacto future that was placed with OKC officially dead as well.

Onward tomorrow!

Great 3rd but that was a dead under game.

I was tempted to buy off at the end of 3. It was a straight juice out at 210.5. The only reason I didn't was due to the margin.

Sacto future that was placed with OKC officially dead as well.

Onward tomorrow!
Lol…..I got lucky….

Pushed 2H over 104
Pushed sac TT over 53
Pushed NO TT over 51

This is potentially looking for a middle at + money.

Hopefully keep hot and solid pace well into 2Q

Live -

Cleveland o205.5 -107
Cleveland u206.5 +110

PPH and PPH #2 played simultaneously.

3 units

Hopefully this is a theme in playoffs with variance with PPH sites.

BOL at 207.5 when I played these.

Obviously hoping for a landing spot of 206

Maybe add some more numbers? Likely adding another NBA book on Monday as well.

Don't think anything else for this game.

The PPH's are shading lower than BOL on live numbers. If I can find another care free middle, I'll fire. That's about it. The first bet is a -1.65 loser unless we see multiple OTs. Game died right then, I should know better.

Minnesota series bet begins next.

I'm a big Ant man fan. Today is watch only. He was awful this year in every Phoenix game shooting. That doesn't make much sense to me. But, we'll see how he plays today. He's definitely a spot play prop guy I'm looking at. I'm not looking at his under today, simply because this is the playoffs and he's a volatile numbers guy as is. Although, the numbers from regular season matches support it.

Back at half of that game, then we'll start looking for unders at MSG later...

Every under conceivable hit in they Cavs game except for 1Q

12-17 Cavs start with 5 three's prompted 29 points in first 8:29

I'll assume game #2 opens 201.5-202.0.

Ant man with a helluva 3rd, props cash with regards to All and Points.

We'll cash him later in series.

Book with an absolute dud. That's a guy I expect to play well in the postseason.

Not huge on pregame stuff but at plus money I'll start with this and peek live...

New York 1h u106 +103 (pph)

Let's post another loser.

Live-

Phoenix u217.5 -110

2 units

Coin flip coming home here.

Tried to hit 212.5 for middle around 9:40 mark and then the points came.

Could buy off but hoping benches aren't here to score.

Coin flip coming home here.

Tried to hit 212.5 for middle around 9:40 mark and then the points came.

Could buy off but hoping benches aren't here to score.
Win in the books.

I'll take it, obviously want it all if i could have gotten that middle submitted.

Fast start at MSG, let's slow it down!

That's likely it for tonight unless...

Topsy turvey day...

Unposted middles on totals in NY all went to shit with that flurry at the end. Solid profit if not for the last foul.

Gross.

Embiid injury killed that prop too.

But, won that 1h under likely due to that injury.

Fun game late.

Nothing pregame tomorrow. Will be stalking total in Milwaukee.

Back in full tomorrow night to discuss the series after G1s.

Tempted to hit Knicks series.

Why?

I have a feeling we could have seen the last of Embiid this series.

Just a thought.
Its a good thought. Even when he came back last night he had no hops. They'll probably have no choice but to rest him at some point. Can still get -270 to -290 on the series.

Twolves +1.5 games at -270 currently. Juicy, but can we really see Phoenix winning 4 out of the next 5 games to win that series 4-2? I’m certainly not seeing it.

Back