• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

B1G Discussion Thread: Week One

Any thoughts on Northwestern - Purdue? I hate going against Brohm and I’m worried I may be a little too high on Northwestern.

Totally agree. Yes Shea seen as savior but also gotta figure he needs time to gel with new receivers plus ND‘s D is great and people seem to forget Michigan‘s o-line

Agree but my angle is more that I think ND doesn’t crack 14, I expect this defense to be comparable to the 2016 Bama unit in terms of dominance, especially early on.

Agree but my angle is more that I think ND doesn’t crack 14, I expect this defense to be comparable to the 2016 Bama unit in terms of dominance, especially early on.
We're on the same page exactly. Once i know all injuries etc I'll most likely be on ND TT U very big.

Figured this was a lock the day you asked about the number. I don't even get team totals til game day
Usually get them day before. It changes every year. The thing is, right now it's a gift number. I expect it to go down but will still be a play.

Especially with a point to prove after the way last year ended, this defense is just gonna be completely otherworldly early on before injuries settle in. There’s multiple nfl players with 10+ games worth of experience already at every level.

And, as always, especially for week one..no reason to jump on too much at this juncture (opening lines...spring lines sure because they are off) until the dust settles game week. Injuries happen. Suspensions happen. Don't get stuck with a bad number or mindset.

And, as always, especially for week one..no reason to jump on too much at this juncture (opening lines...spring lines sure because they are off) until the dust settles game week. Injuries happen. Suspensions happen. Don't get stuck with a bad number or mindset.

BAR, i‘m reading that the Mich qb competition is closer than everyone is saying. Not just BP but Mc as well. But you‘re still sure about Shea?

BAR, i‘m reading that the Mich qb competition is closer than everyone is saying. Not just BP but Mc as well. But you‘re still sure about Shea?

Where’ve you been finding this info, Cavs? Haven’t found anywhere that has indicated it’s not Shea’s job. If there’s stuff to the contrary out there, I for sure want to at least check it out for my RSW capping / Plays that i’m Putting in shortly.

And yes, what Scarf said. There is literally no info out there indicating otherwise unless it is a trolling fellow Fanbase.

DM has gotten bigger abs is better. Peter's isn't having a bad camp from what I gathered, it is simply the fact that Shea is heads n shoulders above.

That's an E11 analyst that most likely looked at both ..at you guessed it...the Elite 11 before their junior years of HS. Then, any local paper in America is going to be behind any story. I would even use those at research tools.

If you want to find meaningful sources to look at perhaps start a thread asking about legit team insiders etc. Most won't be found as easily as others.

Some questions for NW;

Health at qb (knee)
Enough support for qb (Jackson gone, they really missed Carr last season)
Safeties. Both departed. So Purdue have a deep threat to take advantage?

Last edited:
Ya when I first capped it, I forgot to check the injury report and of course, liked Northwestern. But not only would I need the QB to play, I would need to know that he could play at near full strength. Should be a low scoring game, particularly when looking at last years box score.

7-10? They didn't have a single run over 20 yards last year, lose 4 starters on the OL, lose their passing QB, and 3 of 4 WR. Maybe the running QB will fit more of what Sanford is wanting to do, but I'm not really buying it. I think this team underperformed badly last year. I may be wrong, but I think it's a coaching thing. I'm down on Sanford, until he proves me wrong. I just saw some thing last year when I watched a few of their games to make me believe they'll be an underachieving bunch under him. Until he gets fired.....

Northwestern had an awful time starting out of the gate last season especially on defense. I wonder if they fix that

Well that‘s that it seems

Cavs, are you serious right now? The article was a “predictions for 2019 through 2021” article by an ESPN NFL writer. He’s basically got to try to make shit up because they have to fill space. There’s zero merit to this prediction.

The third item on this list from the article is as follows: “The Dallas Cowboys will win a Super Bowl within the next 3 seasons”

That’s all you need to know about the credibility of the article and the context in which it was written.

Cavs, are you serious right now? The article was a “predictions for 2019 through 2021” article by an ESPN NFL writer. He’s basically got to try to make shit up because they have to fill space. There’s zero merit to this prediction.

The third item on this list from the article is as follows: “The Dallas Cowboys will win a Super Bowl within the next 3 seasons”

That’s all you need to know about the credibility of the article and the context in which it was written.

Im not really serious my editor is making me mention it in my article so I blind-trusted him

Back