RAVC Royal Pines Resort, Queenland, Australia

last year at same course
winner - Cameron Smith [-18] playoff
solo 2nd - Jordan Zunic [-18] playoff
solo 3rd Adam Bland [-17]
tied 4th - Marc Leishman & David Bransdon [-14]
solo 6th - Harold Varner III [-12]
tied 7th - Lucas Herbert & Sean Crocker [-11]

favorites: Marc Leishman 9-2 Cameron Smith 11-2 Harold Varner III 9-1 Jason Scrivner and Lucas Hebert 18-1

probably a waste doing "to win" bets this week with the way Marc Leishman and Cameron Smith are playing right now BUT I chanced a few anyhow. VERY disappointed that Abraham Ancer NOT playing after his five shot Australian Open win two weeks ago over Dimitrious Papadatos

Dimitrious Papadatos 30-1 (20/620) solo 2nd Austrailian Open [-11]
Marcus Fraser 40-1 (12.50/512.50) solo 4th Austrailian Open [-9] T-10th Alfred Dunhill Links [-8] (was solo 2nd after 3rd round)
Jake McLeod 40-1 (12.50/512.50) solo 3rd Austrailian Open [-10]
Sean Crocker 50-1 (10/510) solo 5th Challenge Tour Grand Final [-11] T-3rd Forham Open [-16] solo 3rd Hainan Open [-11] T-3rd Kazakhstan Open [-21]
Gavin Green 60-1 (10/610) T-9th British Masters [-2] T-12 th Euro Masters [-7] solo 3rd Czech Masters [-17]

just one tourney match play (bet/return)
Jason Scrivner +145 over Harold Varner III (35/85.75)

Scrivner: T-3rd Hong Kong [-11] T-16th Nedbank [-2] T-23rd Turkish [-9] T-15th Australian PGA last season [-8]
Varner III: T-23rd RSM [-12] T-6th Mayakoba [-17] T-15th Shriners [-13] solo 6th Australian PGA last season [-12]

:shake:

interesting start to to the tourney. early player Jake McLeod tied 1st with fellow Aussie Matt Jager in at [-6] BUT favorite Marc Leishman also in at [-4]. will see WHAT happens with the late tee times :rolleyes:

well about like I thought with the way Leishman and Smith played their final round alternate shot for team Australia last week in the Melbourne Wold Cup of golf to come from behind to get tied 2nd with Mexico

after 2nd round Cameron Smith the leader [-7] for tourney [-9] one shot up on Marc Leishman [-4] and Jake McLeod [-2] for tourney [-8]. my "to win" play Dimitrious Papadatos [-2] and Matt Jager [-1] tied 4th in at [-7] with the Kiwi Christopher Wood [-6] also [-7] thru #16 still on the course. it is ALL Aussies at the top

AND looks like I am on the wrong side of Scrivner over Varner "da turd"
Jason Scrivner +145 [+1] for [-3] over Harold Varner III [-3] for [-6] 3 down after the 2nd round :(

well I should have trusted my golf "spidey sense" this week. it was NOT worth betting on someone NOT named Smith or Leishman in this tourney. after the 3rd round Cameron Smith the leader with a [-5] for tourney [-14] with Marc Leishman [-3] for [-11] three shots back solo 2nd. closest after that at [-7] AND Scrivener [+2] for [-1] vs "Da Turd" [-1] for [-7]

:golffrustrated:

Cheese LOU-ese did I LUCK OUT!!! Jason Scrivener +145 final round [-5] for tourney [-6] over Harold Varner "da turd" [+3] for [-4] a WINNER. gets me some back after my half assed "to win" bets :)

AND Cameron Smith the WINNER with a final [-2] for [-16] two shots over Marc Leishman [-3] for [-14]. "Leash" made a run mid-round BUT a bogie on #11 and "Cammy" three birdies his back side ended it. Cammy's "to win a major" 20-1 @ Westgate looks kind of interesting considering he got tied 5th in the Masters AND tied 3rd Northern Trust and solo 3rd Dell Tech FedEx Cup playoff tourneys last season :shake:

Back