August Ingame

Hold on, I'm being distracted by the rapidly changing weather outside. I think a sharknado may be on the way...

Torpedo Moscow coming home after 8-1 thrashing by Zenit over the weekend.
They are playing Amkar Perm. Amkar was a mid-table Premier League team last year and Torpedo was just newly promoted.
Amkar yet to score so far this year in the premier league, but for my money have a more established side and should see this as a good opportunity to get some points. I played them +0.25 (+125)

Also played ManU-1 (-135) today. This is a total homer bet for sure, but, this is the last tuneup before premier league starts. LvG already has thrown down the hammer and let it be known that some prominent players no longer have a future at OT. I like that. Not that it puts them in a strong bargaining position for transfer fees, cause it doesn't, but it lets the rest of the squad know he's not fucking around right off the get go and all players should be on notice. Few key guys not fit, but they haven't played since the WC anyway. First game at OT for Shaw and Herrera, and this against Mata's old team, so I expect that United at least put on a strong performance. I liked over, but not playing o3 in this one, so I'll instead lay the handicap on a team that's been playing well of late.

SuperCup final in Cardiff today too. RM/Sevilla. I think RM will put an actual lineup out there today as it is a trophy game of sorts. Sevilla may be up for the match, but fucking Real just has an embarrassment of riches over there. This has the makings of a drubbing, as let's face it, Sevilla will be fighting for a Europa League spot this year, Real will be battling for titles. Sevilla nowhere near as deep and probably be happy to get out of this one with a respectable showing and full fitness when said and done.

Alright, let's get the losing underway...

Russia - Premier, Soccer
Torpedo Moscow/Amkar Perm 12-August-2014 8:59 AM PST
Total Over 2.5 for Match +137

Can't imagine Torpedo get smashed again (Amkar not quite on the same level offensively as Zenit and CSKA), but there's obviously problems in the back, so one or two from Amkar not out of the question. As for Torpedo, should feel a little more comfortable at home, and they had a better than above scoring average in D2 last season, so no reason to think they can't net one themselves.

Let's go for 3-1 Amkar to make dylan happy as well!

Well, at least Torpedo only playing four in the back. Was worried they might over react and go with five. Game on.

Thanks Monger. In five halves of soccer yesterday, I managed to get a grand total of one goal. Hopefully today goes a little better...

:hang:

Hopefully the Russian mob's got some money on the over, otherwise this is ending a scoreless draw...

Movie Review time:

Saw Class of 92 (free online at putlocker)....Great documentary and a must watch for any Man U fan. Just unbelievable to get Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, the Neville brothers and Nicky Butt out of your youth ranks as well as Robbie Savage and Keith Gillespie, 2 guys who played close to 500 games for other Premier League clubs.

Rise and Shine: the Jay Demerit Story...great story...not such a great documentary. Done on a shoestring budget and it shows. A shame because it really is unbelievable what he accomplished in starting his career in a beer league to eventually starting for the USA in the World Cup. Doesn't say much for MLS scouting that he wasn't drafted or signed out of college. Considering how few people saw this maybe Disney will one day soon give his story the attention it deserves.

all kinds of cup games today.
Really miss Billy and ManUK in here :(

gonna have to handicap my own losers now

Look at the 6 up top for RM. Jeez...

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>¡La alineación del partido ante el Sevilla, exclusivamente en Twitter! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RealMadridSevilla?src=hash">#RealMadridSevilla</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SuperCup?src=hash">#SuperCup</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RMLive?src=hash">#RMLive</a> <a href="http://t.co/5CbiySAkcS">pic.twitter.com/5CbiySAkcS</a></p>&mdash; Real Madrid C. F. (@realmadrid) <a href="https://twitter.com/realmadrid/statuses/499246310172925953">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

nah, haven't heard from either of my two England friends in a bit. They'll be back to watch United smash Swansea Saturday

[FONT=open_sanslight][FONT=open_sansregular]Manchester United starting XI: De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Blackett; Young, Fletcher, Herrera, James; Mata; Rooney, Hernandez[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=open_sanslight]Subs: Amos, M Keane, Cleverley, Fellaini, Kagawa, Lingard, Januzaj[/FONT]

gonna play a trixie, aka burn some money on these cup games. Gonna be a big payout when it misses....HITS

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chelsea team tonight: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Ake; Fabregas, Matic; Ramires, Hazard, Schurrle; Costa. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFC?src=hash">#CFC</a></p>&mdash; Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) <a href="https://twitter.com/chelseafc/statuses/499250883264540672">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

don't know much the history just what I read. Last year ManUk posted some shit from other boards about nice rivalry games like milwall/wh, etc...
I love reading that shit.

Smalling just saved a goal, he's been playing brilliantly this preseason. Will surely sucks when it counts.

Phil Jones is fucking terrible at centre back in a 3-5-2. Honestly, he needs to get pushed forward or out. He is a huge liability in defense, and United's defense is terrible enough as it is.

Live - Club Friendlies, Soccer
Manchester United/Valencia 12-August-2014 11:30 AM PST
1H Total Over 0.5 for 1st Half -120
[Live Game.] Live! 0-0

Live UEFA - Super Cup, Soccer
Real Madrid (n)/Sevilla 12-August-2014 11:45 AM PST
1H Total Over 1.5 for 1st Half +182
[Live Game.] Live! 0-0

Phil Jones is fucking terrible at centre back in a 3-5-2. Honestly, he needs to get pushed forward or out. He is a huge liability in defense, and United's defense is terrible enough as it is.

I'm more concerned about Evans myself, need an upgrade. Herrera will help cover up any backline problems.

Think under Van Gaal Mata is going to have a great season.

Can't believe Fletcher is still around.

Back